Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Refugee crisis escalating


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is not only the cost to consider but cultural incompatibility caused by the inflow of aggressive war torn people some with unCanadian culture which stands for oppression of women (or the belief tha

It should be noted that these are not refugee's. They're illegal immigrants, big difference. These people are coming here because they don't want to go back to Haiti, not because they're persecuted, f

HE notwithstanding, I think we can all agree that we benefit from the US military and our proximity to that country.  

7 minutes ago, Peter F said:

and again no knowledge of the cases approved or rejected. You have a gut feeling, a suspicion, but no facts. 

Just logic and the definition of what constitutes a refugee - which is not applicable to Haiti - or, for that matter, Somalia. What, you think these people are neutral and unbiased? Unaffected by the government of the day? Why do you think the acceptance rate has skyrocketed since Trudeau came to power? Coincidence?

Edited by Argus
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2017 at 6:54 AM, capricorn said:

The Liberal government was warned by senior immigration staff that a crisis was looming with regard to refugees and our ability to handle it. Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen was cautioned that there will be a need to review refugee related policies in response to the growing number of refugees entering Canada. Couple this with Trudeau's open invitation to the world that Canada will welcome one and all with open arms.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ahmed-hussen-migrants-briefing-1.4235843

If we are so well prepared to absorb hundreds, soon to be thousands, of refugees streaming in from the US, how come we have to house them in a sports arena like so many head of cattle.

Mixed messages have been emanating from the Liberal government on this matter. Is it to much to ask that the government develop cohesive policies and take decisive action on this pressing situation?

An update seeing that no one here will nor the media or the RCMP anymore will but so far this year in Canada there has now been over 35,000, I repeat 35,000 of these so-called refugees that have entered Canada illegally. That is up from 24,000 in 2016. Of the 13,000 refugee claims being filed by these criminal migrants, only 300 have been processed this year. Half of these illegal criminals have been granted refugee status while they all wait for their hearings. These illegals have been granted work permits, and have access to health care. It 's no wonder our medicare and social services are pretty much bankrupt, and jobs for some Canadians jobs are difficult to find. Guess who is taking some of those jobs? Your tax dollars at work, folks. 

It amazes me again as to why so many members here were all concerned and oh so worried about Trump when all this criminality was going on and which should have been the main topic of conversation in Canada. And than there are people who knock me for visiting alternative news websites where without them I would not know about the amount so far as to how many criminal illegals have entered Canada. We are being swamped and invaded by foreigners who should have never been allowed into this country. It's bloody shocking, and a crime. 

Source: Right Edition.  Try visiting that website and learn something for a change rather than keep listening to the fake and phony left wing liberal media like the CBC/CTV/Global who refuse to keep us informed about all these criminals entering Canada. Anyway, there you have it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jacee said:

Taxes are rising because of refugees?

Prove that.

Refugees and taxes are rising for the very same fundamental reason, our means of controlling how our governments behave is completely inadequate - we simply don't have the tools we need to do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are other ways to help people besides importing them to Canada. They can also be helped by providing appropriate aid in their homeland. Obviously if that's not possible they have a case to become a refugee, but otherwise we should be selective in allowing too many people in as refugees who don't properly qualify. That is misguided if not blatant abuse of the system, and it's not in the interests of Canada.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

There are other ways to help people besides importing them to Canada. They can also be helped by providing appropriate aid in their homeland. Obviously if that's not possible they have a case to become a refugee, but otherwise we should be selective in allowing too many people in as refugees who don't properly qualify. That is misguided if not blatant abuse of the system, and it's not in the interests of Canada.

All of the refugees admitted to Canada have been screened in the camps in  Europe and again here.

https://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2017/02/24/refugee-vetting-in-us-and-canada-already-extreme-experts-say.html

Edited by jacee
Add link
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jacee said:

All of the refugees admitted to Canada have been screened in the camps in  Europe and again here.

https://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2017/02/24/refugee-vetting-in-us-and-canada-already-extreme-experts-say.html

Yes security is all fine and well but do they "qualify as refugees", as mentioned?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jacee said:

Obviously that's part of the screening process.

Look it up.

The question was raised here about people running away from deportation in the US, like the Haitians for example, are they eligible for claiming refugee status.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jacee said:

Taxes are rising because of refugees?

Prove that.

Are you saying refugees don't cost anything? That we can feed, house, clothe and look after the health care and other necessities of tens of thousands of third world people who don't speak English and have no job skills for nothing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jacee said:

All of the refugees admitted to Canada have been screened in the camps in  Europe and again here.

https://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2017/02/24/refugee-vetting-in-us-and-canada-already-extreme-experts-say.html

Nonsense. The screening is done in a haphazard fashion and largely consists of taking their word for where they come from and that they aren't and haven't been fighters for any particular group. Unless they have a record with some western agency there's little to contradict them. You can't screen forty thousand people in a couple of months with any real credibility. Can't be done. Refugee panels, just like immigration officers, are under intense pressure to achieve numeric goals for admittance. Refusal takes a lot more time and documentation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jacee said:

Obviously that's part of the screening process.

Look it up.

Explain how Syrians (except for Christians or Yazidis), Somalians or Haitians qualify under the UN definition of refugees.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jacee said:

Read the link I posted above.

Here is, once again, the actual definition of refugees. Clearly Haitians don't qualify. Nor do Somalians.

"A person who owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion is outside the country of his nationality and is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail himself of the protection of that country; or who, not having a nationality and being outside the country of his former habitual residence as a result of such events, is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to return to it."

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Argus said:

Here is, once again, the actual definition of refugees. Clearly Haitians don't qualify. Nor do Somalians.

"A person who owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion is outside the country of his nationality and is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail himself of the protection of that country; or who, not having a nationality and being outside the country of his former habitual residence as a result of such events, is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to return to it."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/inside/apply-who.asp

More info there.

I am not sure whether those arriving are being processed as refugees, or as regular immigrants.

It would be good to clarify that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jacee said:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/inside/apply-who.asp

More info there.

I am not sure whether those arriving are being processed as refugees, or as regular immigrants.

It would be good to clarify that.

 

Everything on that cite says that Haitians and Somalians should not be recognized as refugees, except in a very, very few, unusual circumstances. Yet we're hearing that the mostly Haitians who crossed the border at Quebec who have gotten hearings have been accepted at a 70% rate. Since Haiti is not at war and there is only one race/religion and the place is basically run by the UN I fail to see how they're qualifying.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




×
×
  • Create New...