Political Discussion Forums
Robert Greene

How Do We Deal With Overpopulation, While Respecting Human Rights?

4 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Overpopulation is a myth peddled by environmentalist control freaks, and bad demographers from the 90's.

You are funny.    One look at Google Earth shows you we have destroyed most of the healthy ecosystems on the planet.  Just go over Brazil and take a look.  Do you see any rain forests left?

Then go over BC and take a close look at all those bald patches on the slopes of the Coastal Mountains.  We are an unstoppable pest driven by some crazy greed and operating under a false and destructive system. 

Think about gold for example.  About 90% of it has no practical usage except for making bullions or jewelry.  For generations we have been destroying habitat for this metal.  What happens with the accumulation of the useless metal I do not know, but I imagine it is kept in some vaults where some sub-humans feel rich and use the metal as some form of control over the banking system and the rest of us. 

13 minutes ago, cougar said:

You are funny.    One look at Google Earth shows you we have destroyed most of the healthy ecosystems on the planet.  Just go over Brazil and take a look.  Do you see any rain forests left?

Then go over BC and take a close look at all those bald patches on the slopes of the Coastal Mountains.  We are an unstoppable pest driven by some crazy greed and operating under a false and destructive system. 

Think about gold for example.  About 90% of it has no practical usage except for making bullions or jewelry.  For generations we have been destroying habitat for this metal.  What happens with the accumulation of the useless metal I do not know, but I imagine it is kept in some vaults where some sub-humans feel rich and use the metal as some form of control over the banking system and the rest of us. 

I see lots of rain forests left, especially in Brazil. Brazil and BC aren't overpopulated, and neither are countries with a lot of gold. Some parts of the globe are overpopulated, usually big cities, but in general, the earth could sustain a lot more humans than currently inhabit the planet, and it is not even close to overpopulated.

Edited by Yzermandius19

12 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I see lots of rain forests left, especially in Brazil. Brazil and BC aren't overpopulated, and neither are countries with a lot of gold. Some parts of the globe are overpopulated, usually big cities, but in general, the earth could sustain a lot more humans than currently inhabit the planet, and it is not even close to overpopulated.

Please look again carefully.  Overpopulation in  a province and damage to its environment are not related in a very straightforward way.

While more people generate more waste and pollution of all sorts, the forests in BC are destroyed under the pressure of international demand for timber.  Same with all other natural resources and wildlife.

Edited by cougar

2 minutes ago, cougar said:

Please look again carefully.  Overpopulation in  a province and damage to its environment are not related in a very straightforward way.

While more people generate more waste and pollution of all sorts, the forests in BC are destroyed under the pressure of international demand for timber.  Same with all other natural resources and wildlife.

Lots of forests in BC too, just because there is demand for timber doesn't mean all the forests in BC will be gone soon. You look again carefully, you missed a lot forests, to fear monger about overpopulation, which is a myth.

9 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Lots of forests in BC too, just because there is demand for timber doesn't mean all the forests in BC will be gone soon. You look again carefully, you missed a lot forests, to fear monger about overpopulation, which is a myth.

I guess you can keep your point of view and I can keep mine.    We can leave it at that.

Make less babies. If sex is needed either use contraceptives or don't let it out into the woman's vagina. Or if unsure about children, don't have children at all or adopt one instead of making one.

Edited by Alex Reese

On 5/22/2019 at 1:11 AM, cougar said:

So you did post on this Thread.... I guess that guy influenced you.... but I don't see him mentioning anything about hoping there is a pandemic to whipe people out. In my opinion capitalism can't survive in an overpopulated world. Future generations won't have the same freedoms, we have today... because things will become less affordable, as resources become more difficult to obtain.

At some point, overpopulation will lead to less freedom, instead of more freedom. Just look at all the new rules and regulations coming about.

There was an interesting debate about overpopulation with Piers morgan recently... and you could see a conservative hack saying.... We should encourage more babies... because we need more people, and more diversity of thought, to solve the worlds environmental challenges.

Canadians seem to take overpopulation more seriously, because they grew up loving nature... but if you go to Politically Correct europe... all they do... is encourage mass immigration and the expansions of their cities.

Edited by ProudConservative

6 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

So you did post on this Thread.... I guess that guy influenced you.... but I don't see him mentioning anything about hoping there is a pandemic to whipe people out.

Yes, It looks like I posted.   I am mostly influenced by my own experience and concerns but I am open to other points of view if well presented and backed by evidence.

9 minutes ago, cougar said:

Yes, It looks like I posted.   I am mostly influenced by my own experience and concerns but I am open to other points of view if well presented and backed by evidence.

Ya, but when you say.... you're looking forward to the Chinese dying... you put fuel into the Agenda 21 conspiracy theorist, who think people like Bill Gates... want to murder billions of people to depopulate the planet.

The far right, and the far left... won't have a conversation on overpopulation.... It's usually the moderates, who can look at things objectively, and make some proposals... that seem to go nowhere.

The FAR right will accuse you of being a new world order hack... If you try to do anything to encourage people to have less babies

Apparently the elites are looking forward to "The Great Culling"

3 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

So now alot of people hoping the Coronavirus cause depopulation.

Cite?

15 hours ago, eyeball said:

Cite?

If you watch some of the live youtube feeds about the death toll, many people in the comments are saying that depopulation in a good thing. There are comments all over the internet saying this will help save the earth.