Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
GostHacked

Iran needs some democracy

Recommended Posts

You can't be saying the Hijab is a symbol of freedom and liberation on one hand while covering women dying trying to take them off....make brain explode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please read my post. I said I view mandatory hijab as a symbol of oppression of women (mis-quoting is not nice) because in some countries they have made it mandatory for everyone. But if a woman chooses to wear that then who the hell am I to argue with her choice. I have no problem with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Why only from Muslim women in the West!!!!!!? Why such limitations!!!!. Why should you not as a feminist support your sisters too? Because they may be of different religion (some may not be even Muslims)? But foremost they are women struggling to earn their right. They deserv support from ALL feminists, freedom loving people in the world regardless of religion, national origin or beliefs.

Radical Islam doesn't care whether feminists in the West support the Iranian women or not. 

What they care about is that Muslim women in the West continue the narrative that the hijab is nothing more than a quaint, exotic and harmless garment, and that it is about "women's choice".  That is why the Saudi wahibis are frantically funding Muslims in the West - to get this propaganda out. 

And Muslim women in the West are happy to spread this propaganda and to fight for radical Islam in the West under the guise of "freedom".  Seriously! - how else do you think radical Islamist beliefs are going to spread in the West?,    They have to portray it under the umbrella of "freedom" or let's face it - no woman on earth would make the choice to never leave the house unless they are wearing this hideous and odious garment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please...the Hijab is the symbol of the Women's March.

download.jpg.a2a22f459fcfc212891577f5046b6b7e.jpg 

Looks pretty freedom-y to me.

Women are dying in Iran to get them off, I understand. 

As old Bob Dylan...pardon, Mark Knopfler would say: Two men say they're Jesus. One of them must be wrong.

 

Edited by DogOnPorch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really struggling to understand what anyone here has against these brave women in Iran who are fighting the oppression and want to be free from headscarves? Surely, if they want to adapt it that is a good thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goddess can we forget about radical Islam and concentrate on this women's movement and appreciate their acts of bravery?. Please start another thread on that topic. 

Btw, Iranian women are called the BRAVEST women:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/01/30/iran-one-bravest-women-in-world-stands-up-for-freedom-west-should-stand-with-her.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Goddess can we forget about radical Islam

Don't mention the War. I think I did back there but got away with it.

---Basil Fawlty: The Germans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DogOnPorch, have you forgotten your medications? Lots of nonsense and I have a feeling you are purposely trying to overshadow these acts of bravery needing our support by purposely posting irrelevant distractive remarks.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Goddess can we forget about radical Islam and concentrate on this women's movement and appreciate their acts of bravery?. Please start another thread on that topic. 

Btw, Iranian women are called the BRAVEST women:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/01/30/iran-one-bravest-women-in-world-stands-up-for-freedom-west-should-stand-with-her.html

I apologize.  I get passionate about this because of my years in a cult that also viewed women in this way.

I was born into it, but yes, it was my "choice" to allow myself to be denigrated for many years.  Lack of information, lack of education was what made my choice for me.  Once I had the correct information, I made an entirely different choice.

These women will never be able to stand up with their sisters in  Iran or make a different choice for themselves or their daughters, as long as we in the West continue to buy into the lie that hijabs and burquas are wonderful expressions of freedom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CITIZEN_2015 said:

DogOnPorch, have you forgotten your medications? Lots of nonsense and I have a feeling you are purposely trying to overshadow these acts of bravery needing our support by purposely posting irrelevant distractive remarks.

Your attempts to place boundaries on what can be discussed is typical for many who are full of themselves. If Goddess wants to mention radical Islam...she will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By talking about them, sharing the news and their struggle and expression of support in social media we prevent their regime from brutal crackdown and further oppression as they see the world will react strongly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Your attempts to place boundaries on what can be discussed is typical for many who are full of themselves. If Goddess wants to mention radical Islam...she will.

She can but I suggested she can open a thread about radical Islam. It is the thread NOT me who puts the boundaries. This thread is about Iran democracy and acts of bravery as per title and discussions that followed. Unlike you Goddess does not wish to hijack this thread or overshadow these acts of bravery with nonsense as you try to do. Shame on you.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Democracy in Iran is directly challenged and impeded by RADICAL ISLAM...so it is very much on topic.

 

Plus, as stated...a parliamentary democracy with a jolly friendly Shah doing the Queen's job would be a nice change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I was born into it, but yes, it was my "choice" to allow myself to be denigrated for many years. 

Then no one but you or as good as you knows how these women feel. Lets support them in any way that we can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

Plus, as stated...a parliamentary democracy with a jolly friendly Shah doing the Queen's job would be a nice change.

Seriously I don't think any medication exist to address your serious problem. If there is such change then the Shah will be a King not a Queen. What the hell is wrong with you?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Then no one but you or as good as you knows how these women feel. Lets support them in any way that we can.

 

There IS only one thing to do...get those Mullahs out of there one way or another. Not sure the Iranian women are up to that task...many do support the revolution.

2 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Seriously I don't think any medication exist to address your serious problem. If there is such change then the Shah will be a King not a Queen. What the hell is wrong with you?

Iran was a parliamentary democracy under the Shah. Remember, the Shah came to the throne in 1941...not 1953.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Iran was a parliamentary democracy under the Shah. Remember, the Shah came to the throne in 1941...not 1953.

My objection was not parliamentary democracy but the fact that you said the Shah becoming a Queen instead of a King. Later her daughter will become a Queen but if that happens he will be the King.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Then no one but you or as good as you knows how these women feel. Lets support them in any way that we can.

I support them by calling out the true nature of hijabs and burquas.  They are not symbols of freedom and women's choice.  They are not a part of Islam.  And we need to stop pretending they are.

They symbolize and publicize a view of women that radical islam wants to promote.  

Edited by Goddess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I support them by calling out the true nature of hijabs and burquas.  They are not symbols of freedom and women's choice.  And we need to stop pretending they are.

I never said they are can you quote me on that? I said it is a symbol of oppression of women BUT if it is a woman's choice then yes it become a women's choice because a women has chosen to wear it. I am calling a spade a spade.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

My objection was not parliamentary democracy but the fact that you said the Shah becoming a Queen instead of a King. Later her daughter will become a Queen but if that happens he will be the King.

 

I wrote...do the Queen's job...ie Queen Elizabeth II's job.

"Shame on me", eh? How Canadian....heh

:rolleyes: :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Nobody ever won their freedom by protesting over head scarves...the tree of liberty is nourished by spilled blood.

 

That's the spirit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...