Political Discussion Forums
August1991

The Windsors (3 lines)

4 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The real thing is even more interesting, as in the courtship and purposeful manipulation of Elizabeth for marriage beginning at only 13 years of age.   Greece's Prince Philip maneuvered into position with help from his uncle Louis Mountbatten, and a battle ensued to keep the House of Tudor name.

"Mountbatten" was in fact an anglicised "Battenberg".

And Windsor is a complete invention: her grandfather's name was in fact "Saxo-Cobourg" - utterly changed, like Ontario's Kitchener.

BTW, I once visited the small place in Cobourg, Germany where Victoria went on holiday. The guide told me that Margaret and Andrew had visited - Elizabeth, not. It reminded me of Yalta. Versailles splendour? Not at all. The vacation, private life of European royalty in the late 19th century is comparable to wealthy Ontario cottage - barely Newport, RI.

In Newport, rich Americans understood that a summer place was to invite. Not impress. Years before, Frederick the Great sort-of did that at Sans Souci.

====

"Tudor"? "Henry VII"? He was a gangster. Like Joseph P. Kennedy, he created a dynasty.

The name "Tudor" is a fraud, like Bernie Madoff. But so-called Henry VII created the name Tudor, Joseph P created the name Kennedy and Bernie created the name NASDAQ.

The future will decide whose ego will live longest.

Edited by August1991

The whole Prince Philip fiasco was repeated with Princess Diana.

Damn royals are a very exclusive club !

I like how The Windsors portrays the minor royals, like Beatrice & Eugene, the daughers of Andrew & Fergie. Wow, I hope they aren't like that in real life.

On 3/24/2018 at 11:54 PM, JamesHackerMP said:

I like how The Windsors portrays the minor royals, like Beatrice & Eugene, the daughers of Andrew & Fergie. Wow, I hope they aren't like that in real life.

God knows how this TV series will deal with this new addition (Red haired prince & Markle) to the British royal family.

=====

To those monarchist defenders of "tradition", I ask: do you realize how "British Royalty" has become "Kardashian"?

I prefer sustainable States.

The French monarchy, several centuries.

The British monarchy, several centuries.

Chinese Empires?

=======

America? Several centuries.

I love America. Doable, sustainable.

Bump.

Edited by August1991

On 11/1/2018 at 1:25 AM, August1991 said:

The French monarchy, several centuries.

The British monarchy, several centuries.

Chinese Empires?

=======

America? Several centuries.

I love America. Doable, sustainable.

Bump.

Should I stand up on my desk and start singing "God Bless America"?

On 3/23/2018 at 10:51 PM, August1991 said:

====

"Tudor"? "Henry VII"? He was a gangster. Like Joseph P. Kennedy, he created a dynasty.

The name "Tudor" is a fraud, like Bernie Madoff. But so-called Henry VII created the name Tudor, Joseph P created the name Kennedy and Bernie created the name NASDAQ.

The future will decide whose ego will live longest.

Tudor was the Anglicization of the Welsh family Tudur. Henry was born in Wales, son of Edmund Tudor, Earl of Richmond. Owen Tudor, son of Maredudd ap Tudur was Henry VII's grandfather. 

Monarchies back then had quite a bit in common with mafia families.

9 hours ago, Wilber said:

Tudor was the Anglicization of the Welsh family Tudur. Henry was born in Wales, son of Edmund Tudor, Earl of Richmond. Owen Tudor, son of Maredudd ap Tudur was Henry VII's grandfather. 

Monarchies back then had quite a bit in common with mafia families.

Tudur? Tudor?

Never heard such a translation.

====

Make no mistake, "Henry VII" was an Italian Godfather.

Whatta guy!

====

America, decent, honest, good = still here. 

Edited by August1991

The Chinese, French, English - even Vietnamese, Bulgarian - have various claims to sustainability.

Some people even claim that they have the exact word of God (supposedly God only speaks Arabic) - if true, certainably sustainable.

====

I object.