Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
jbg

There is no such thing as the "Palestinian people" - Tool of Arab Propaganda

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Ethnic-cultural distinctiveness and political independence frequently do not go together e.g. Basques, Catalans, Kurds, Scots, Welsh and Canada’s First Nations. Any group of people that tends to marry each other becomes distinct. I would regard it as self-evident that Lebanese and Jordanians, for example, are different, let alone Egyptians who are obviously distinct from both in many physical and cultural ways. Even in English, one can hear the difference between the pronunciation of a Lebanese and Egyptian speaker. Lebanon’s history has been as a trading nation and this is reflected in the achievements of its diaspora that includes one of the richest men in the world, Mexican entrepreneur Carlos Slim. This story is repeated many times, particularly in the Americas, the Middle East and West Africa. In this sense, Lebanon and Jordan, carved out of the Ottaman Empire in a hurried and arbitrary fashion, have distinct identities. I would put the Palestinians in an intermediate category, distinct from indigenous Jordanians. 

Countries are artificial constructs. Their current, temporary form is a product of historical accidents. Without the fortunate events of the Revolutionary and 1812 wars, and possibly the American Civil War, no Canada. 

 

 

That's wonderful.

My point stands. The Arabs started a war and then promptly LOST...not in the plans. Now they want a do-over. 

Do you think Germany should be given a chance to 'get it right'? Give Germany back the regions it lost to Poland during the war. Ethnically cleanse all the Poles out of Prussia and Pomerania and then let Germany run the show. What if they decided to conduct a terror campaign to convince us all that this should happen? Would that be okay?

:rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2018 at 2:14 PM, DogOnPorch said:

 

So when is this Jew free terror state going to be a reality?

Remember? That's not up to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

 

My point stands. The Arabs started a war and then promptly LOST...not in the plans. Now they want a do-over. 

 

The Jews get a do-over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

The Jews get a do-over.

 

Zionists BOUGHT their land. And they also won against far superior odds that attacked them unprovoked. The Arabs you champion started the war after following an escaped Nazi.

What's your attraction to the Palestinian Cause, again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

Zionists BOUGHT their land. And they also won against far superior odds that attacked them unprovoked. The Arabs you champion started the war after following an escaped Nazi.

What's your attraction to the Palestinian Cause, again?

Either way, the Jews got their do-over. 

 

And no I do not champion the Arabs.  IF you don't like having words put in your mouth I suggest you stop doing the same to others, but if you continue to do so, I also suggesting keeping your mouth shut when it happens to you. Stop your crying.

Edited by GostHacked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Either way, the Jews got their do-over. 

 

And no I do not champion the Arabs.  IF you don't like having words put in your mouth I suggest you stop doing the same to others, but if you continue to do so, I also suggesting keeping your mouth shut when it happens to you. Stop your crying.

 

You're free to attempt to seize Israel with your army and hand it all over to the PLO. That's how it works.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

You're free to attempt to seize Israel with your army and hand it all over to the PLO. That's how it works.

Either way, Jews got their do-over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-02-17 at 4:37 AM, DogOnPorch said:

 

Zionists bought the land fair and square...then the Ottoman Empire went bye-bye. They have as much right to a country as say...Syria or Lebanon or Egypt...etc...all former Ottoman Empire lands. Few Arabs BOUGHT land as it meant serving in the Ottoman military and paying property taxes. Some did, however...like the Hashemites and al-Husseinis. 

So can I buy a country? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-02-17 at 3:09 PM, DogOnPorch said:

 

That's wonderful.

My point stands. The Arabs started a war and then promptly LOST...not in the plans. Now they want a do-over. 

Do you think Germany should be given a chance to 'get it right'? Give Germany back the regions it lost to Poland during the war. Ethnically cleanse all the Poles out of Prussia and Pomerania and then let Germany run the show. What if they decided to conduct a terror campaign to convince us all that this should happen? Would that be okay?

:rolleyes:

There’s also a peculiar tendency in the Anglosphere to constantly compare the enemy du jour to Nazis. It may not always be the best choice, especially when a variant of the ‘might is right’ argument is being proferred. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

There’s also a peculiar tendency in the Anglosphere to constantly compare the enemy du jour to Nazis. It may not always be the best choice, especially when a variant of the ‘might is right’ argument is being proferred. 

 

You're free to support the Palestinian Cause. It doesn't matter if the movement was started by an actual Nazi. Well...It doesn't matter to you, let's say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2018 at 4:51 AM, DogOnPorch said:

 

You're free to support the Palestinian Cause. It doesn't matter if the movement was started by an actual Nazi. Well...It doesn't matter to you, let's say.

Actual Nazis. You're going to spend your life back there? What about Hitler's supporters in the royal family and the British aristocracy? What about Henry Ford and all the other Americans and Brits Hitler admired way more than any Palestinian? That's a bit closer to home for both of us, eh? And what about the Anglo-American alliance with Stalin? Conflict makes for strange bedfellows. Nobody's hands are clean. We are murderous tribal creatures. Even you.

 

 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2018 at 2:49 AM, marcus said:

Today? Sure. That's what happened after the Nakba. Many Palestinians were driven out because of the violence committed against them and their positions. They ended up taking refuge in other countries and they are growing in numbers. They will not be given citizenship, because Israel would use that as an excuse to further push for their expulsion from their land.

In the early 1900s, almost all Jewish European settlers in Palestine had very little genetic connection to the original inhabitants of the land, which is their cornerstone argument that been used as their justification to colonize Palestine.

Why didn't that happen to the Sudeten Germans expelled from Czechoslovakia or the Germans expelled from Pomerania?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can tell Palestinians very easily - they have had their land stolen, suffered ethnic cleansing and steady bullying, and have to work against a full-time lie-machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Translation: People who have lived there for centuries and who had their land stolen from them are just a myth and don't deserve to have a state there, but European settlers who moved to that land, are magically the eternal owners of the land and deserve to have a state of their own.

The chutzpah to suggest such a narrative is beyond ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Hudson Jones said:

Translation: People who have lived there for centuries and who had their land stolen from them are just a myth and don't deserve to have a state there, but European settlers who moved to that land, are magically the eternal owners of the land and deserve to have a state of their own.

The chutzpah to suggest such a narrative is beyond ridiculous.

 

Really ?   Why is the very same scenario celebrated in the U.S. and Canada  (i.e. First Nations) ?

Why is there a different standard for Israel ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Really ?   Why is the very same scenario celebrated in the U.S. and Canada  (i.e. First Nations) ?

 

Chutzpah.  Why do you celebrate it?

 

Quote

 

Why is there a different standard for Israel ?

 

Good question, why doesn't Israel negotiate treaties too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Chutzpah.  Why do you celebrate it?

 

Good question, why doesn't Israel negotiate treaties too?

 

Same reason you do....or are you going  to leave the land/water to those who came before ?

Treaties are made to be broken...Canada and the U.S. broke them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I understand if you are born in the occupied territories, your probability of dying there is 99%.  There is no way to escape that even if one wanted to, and even if that person does not support the Palestinian government.   That's a death sentence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But don't forget there was the Palestinian Mandate governed by the Brits. So saying they are a made up people, you gotta wonder who the hell made them up.  Britain or Arabs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Same reason you do....or are you going  to leave the land/water to those who came before ?

I'm quite welcome to live where I am - surrounded by land and water that is under native jurisdiction.

Quote

Treaties are made to be broken...Canada and the U.S. broke them all.

Maybe in your neck of the woods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2018 at 4:50 PM, GostHacked said:

The Jews get a do-over.

Explain the do-over. Do you mean a do-over from the Nazi Holocaust?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2018 at 9:05 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

So can I buy a country? 

You can buy land and if you bring enough people to work the land and/or form an economy, sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eyeball said:

I'm quite welcome to live where I am - surrounded by land and water that is under native jurisdiction.

 

That must explain why it is called "British Columbia".     The Palestinians and Israelis got to choose their own name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...