Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
blackbird

Should Canada send any peacekeeping forces to Mali and why or why not?

Recommended Posts

 

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:55 AM, Altai said:

Please stop keeping peace around the World. Western countries are not interested with peace, they are interested with what they could steal from other countries and they name it as "peace keeping". 

What is it you called the genocide of the kurds again ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2018 at 3:47 PM, Army Guy said:

How would you know Gost, you have no idea on what our military does for our country, once again your talking out of your ass, you did't really cut your dick off did you, i mean Rue can be very persuasive, it could explain some of your comments though. Our previous PM's do not hold all the blame here, Canadians have their hands in all this mess as well. Although a few contracts were mishandled , that alone can not responsible for the mess our military is in today.... This Nation spends shit tonnes of tax payers dollars on liberal minded trinkets and feel good projects there is lots of room for increases to DND's budget....Last time we discussed this, Smallc had said there was tones of room for new debt "another liberal convert" the problem is not funding , the problem is having the will to put anything into DND.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/soldiers-ordered-to-return-sleeping-bags-rucksacks-due-to-shortfall-of-equipment-1.3961066

This is how the military is for funding. I told you I stood by my statement on how the Military is funded, and this is direct proof.  If ruck sacks are on the short, what else is? I also recall for a few recent deployments, they went but were very under-equipped.

 

Quote

The Canadian Armed Forces has ordered its members to return rucksacks and sleeping bag kits so they can be redistributed because of a “shortfall of equipment,” CTV News has learned.

A Canadian Forces General Order, or CANFORGEN, was sent to all armed forces members on May 28 commanding them to return the gear so the military can “redistribute material where it is needed most.” The order will stand, the CANFORGEN read, “until there is no longer a shortfall of equipment.” Members who are currently deployed, operational units and those who could be deployed on short notice, such as the Joint Task Force 2 special forces unit, were allowed to keep their equipment.

The order encompasses two types of rucksacks, including one that was first issued in 1982, as well as six-piece sleeping bag systems. Even sleeping bag liners have been recalled.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:39 PM, GostHacked said:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/soldiers-ordered-to-return-sleeping-bags-rucksacks-due-to-shortfall-of-equipment-1.3961066

This is how the military is for funding. I told you I stood by my statement on how the Military is funded, and this is direct proof.  If ruck sacks are on the short, what else is? I also recall for a few recent deployments, they went but were very under-equipped.

 

 

WOW....correct me if I'm wrong because I am getting older.....but did you not say our military has to much funding....that you were happy with the way current funding is, around .9 % of GDP...I mean I could pull up your posts....If you pull up my posts there will be dozens of more sources on just how badly our current military is funded....unless you talk to the minister of MDND, or the CDS, who for some reason think we have to much funding and can not spend it all, which is true....but then again that falls on the 2 above mentioned persons, they are after all in charge of this goat rodeo. 

Military clothing  there has always been huge shortages, because it is not funded well, not managed well, the entire purchasing system is melt down years ago, and no one has fixed it or tried to fix it....But this is just one Example , and there are dozens upon dozens.....including Major equipment....Canada has been bleeding capabilities for 20 years now, we are to the point now that we would have to seek expertise outside of Canada to gain them back, along with bils upon bils of new investment....You keep looking, there are dozens of examples, talk to some of your family members with ties to the military ASK them how they think DND is equipped.....or funded, or trained....you'll be surprised.

 

 

Edited by Army Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2018 at 10:41 PM, Army Guy said:

WOW....correct me if I'm wrong because I am getting older.....but did you not say our military has to much funding....that you were happy with the way current funding is, around .9 % of GDP...I mean I could pull up your posts....If you pull up my posts there will be dozens of more sources on just how badly our current military is funded....unless you talk to the minister of MDND, or the CDS, who for some reason think we have to much funding and can not spend it all, which is true....but then again that falls on the 2 above mentioned persons, they are after all in charge of this goat rodeo. 

Military clothing  there has always been huge shortages, because it is not funded well, not managed well, the entire purchasing system is melt down years ago, and no one has fixed it or tried to fix it....But this is just one Example , and there are dozens upon dozens.....including Major equipment....Canada has been bleeding capabilities for 20 years now, we are to the point now that we would have to seek expertise outside of Canada to gain them back, along with bils upon bils of new investment....You keep looking, there are dozens of examples, talk to some of your family members with ties to the military ASK them how they think DND is equipped.....or funded, or trained....you'll be surprised.

I'd rather not spend the money on any military. I did say that the Canadian Military is heavily under armed and under equipped and that Canada sends the military into conflict zones under equipped. We do have a total waste of money with the F-35 program which could be better spend elsewhere. Those Sea Kings were a good investment, right? I just don't really want to send our military overseas. I also said many times that the military is nothing more than a pawn for government and just not the Canadian government.

If they request rucksacks to be returned, what does that mean for the rest of the military? I guess we do agree on that.  We have a lot of waste in government and the military is no different.  Imagine if the Pheonix pay system worked. But nope, the techs said it was not ready, the higher ups said GO, it was a train wreck.. imagine if you could dump 2.5 billion into the military. But I also would say that 2.4 B into the educational system would be even better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2018 at 4:55 AM, Army Guy said:

 

What is it you called the genocide of the kurds again ? 

This is what exactly I mean, according to your sick mind, dividing people into pieces in other countries is "peace keeping" while hypocritically and ironically you assimilate native people in America.

Edited by Altai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Altai said:

This is what exactly I mean, according to your sick mind, dividing people into pieces in other countries is "peace keeping" while hypocritically and ironically you assimilate native people in America.

yes, I forgot Altai, these are your people.....yes we tried to assimilate the native people, we were bad dudes not so long ago....but our nation did not commit genocide on the scale turkey did on it's native Kurds....in fact not many genocides match what you guys did to the Kurds... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, GostHacked said:

I'd rather not spend the money on any military. I did say that the Canadian Military is heavily under armed and under equipped and that Canada sends the military into conflict zones under equipped. We do have a total waste of money with the F-35 program which could be better spend elsewhere. Those Sea Kings were a good investment, right? I just don't really want to send our military overseas. I also said many times that the military is nothing more than a pawn for government and just not the Canadian government.

If they request rucksacks to be returned, what does that mean for the rest of the military? I guess we do agree on that.  We have a lot of waste in government and the military is no different.  Imagine if the Pheonix pay system worked. But nope, the techs said it was not ready, the higher ups said GO, it was a train wreck.. imagine if you could dump 2.5 billion into the military. But I also would say that 2.4 B into the educational system would be even better.

I would agree if the world was not full of assholes, Most Canadians would say the same thing, under equipped, under manned, and still we take pride in keeping it that way, when some of our citizens think our nation is worth sacrificing for....unless it cost any money...then screw that....

The Airforce think the F-35 program was worth investing into....and considering what is available in gen 5 aircraft....it is worth a look....it does make headway every day, and is now considered cheaper than most gen 4.5 aircraft...

We are all pawns of the government, they demand our money and then do what ever they please with it....One day we will get a leader that has the balls to use his position for the good of the nation.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Army Guy said:

yes, I forgot Altai, these are your people.....yes we tried to assimilate the native people, we were bad dudes not so long ago....but our nation did not commit genocide on the scale turkey did on it's native Kurds....in fact not many genocides match what you guys did to the Kurds... 

You are lying as usual, Western countries like to lie about other countries when they face with their crimes. Its the vile form of self defence. You guys should be judged and sentenced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the west is full of shit....they don't teach this to you in your history class....and I thought Muslims were a peaceful lot....God will do all the judgement….

 

 

then >>>>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Turkey

 

today.....

https://journal-neo.org/2016/02/23/the-kurdish-genocide-must-be-stopped/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I know the west is full of shit....they don't teach this to you in your history class....and I thought Muslims were a peaceful lot....God will do all the judgement….

 

 

then >>>>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Turkey

 

today.....

https://journal-neo.org/2016/02/23/the-kurdish-genocide-must-be-stopped/



Excuse me, did you read your own "sources"  before copy-paste it ? For example which one of these "massacres" in the first link is the responsiblity of current Turkish govt ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Altai it is not that hard It says right in the source "under who was responsible"  drop down a paragraph and follow it across the page....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Army Guy said:

 

Altai it is not that hard It says right in the source "under who was responsible"  drop down a paragraph and follow it across the page....


Really ? IQ1500. Thanks.

You source includes many fake-false data. For example why does it not include at least 7000 people murdered by PKK terror organization in last 30 years ? or why the last two "massacres" are identified as unknown despite they are committed by PKK ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not correct to you, but here in the real world this is how history is recorded......you sit there and complain that the PKK has killed 7000 Turkish people while turkey  has wiped out well over 3 million in turkey alone....these numbers are only surpassed by a few ruthless nations, the Nazi, SOVIETS, Japanese  and a few others ..

Turkey or anyone from Turkey should be the last people to complain about any other nation past conquests.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Not correct to you, but here in the real world this is how history is recorded......you sit there and complain that the PKK has killed 7000 Turkish people while turkey  has wiped out well over 3 million in turkey alone..


Real World ? you cant even give logical answers to my questions.  I said why 7000 people are not mentioned, you have no reply, I said why the last two massacre is labeled as "unknown" despite it is committed by PKK ? you have no reply. Okay I am asking another one, your real world record source says that 38 people are massacred, these 38 guys were bombed by airforces while they are illegally crossing the border in terror zone with donkeys loaded with unknown things. Is it something normal to cross border illegally in terror zone ? 

Edited by Altai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can not have a conversation with someone that can not admit their country has committed genocide on a massive scale...a frankly I don't think your accounting of 7000 here and 38 there comes close to the over 3 million people you country has murdered...That's right hunted them down like dogs and killed them....religion of peace my ass....and you have the balls to say my country is bad....

My country does not have a terror zone, illegal migrants maybe not with donkeys.....normally with cars or they walk....cross all the time into Canada  and we don't bomb them with our airforce.  we give them housing and food....not bombs or bullets....maybe one day you'll be one of those people....and you'll see for your self....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2018 at 3:29 AM, Army Guy said:

I can not have a conversation with someone that can not admit their country has committed genocide on a massive scale...a frankly I don't think your accounting of 7000 here and 38 there comes close to the over 3 million people you country has murdered...That's right hunted them down like dogs and killed them....religion of peace my ass....and you have the balls to say my country is bad....

My country does not have a terror zone, illegal migrants maybe not with donkeys.....normally with cars or they walk....cross all the time into Canada  and we don't bomb them with our airforce.  we give them housing and food....not bombs or bullets....maybe one day you'll be one of those people....and you'll see for your self....

 

 


So you accept the killing of 38 people as massacre who illegally cross border in terror zone but you reject it when  it  is 7000 innocent civilians because it does not serve your interests. This is exactly the kaffir mind. You and people like you have no place in society life.

For example you claim 3 million people are massacred, can you prove it in a court ? Why there is no cases filed in the courts about such a huge "massacre" ? Do you know why ? Because you guys are sick. Many of your leaders are criminals that approved by Malaysia War Crimes Courts, if you claim they are not, just take your best lawyers and prove they are not. Can you do that ? You cant, do you know why, because you guys are sick.

Edited by Altai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2018 at 11:14 PM, blackbird said:

The Canadian government just announced they are going to send a limited peacekeeping contingent to Mali in West Africa but no ground troops.

The UN said this is a very dangerous place and about 162 UN peacekeeping troops have already been killed there.  It is a place harbouring Islamist militants, ISIS, and al Qaeda fighters.

I believe this is a bad idea.  The reason is because there are an unlimited number of Islamist militants in various countries who are quite willing to go to wherever they can get into a jihad.  What is the point of sacrificing Canadian forces and money in a place like that?

This is the same kind of isolationist view that handed ukraine to putin. You guys should really review western democratic ideals.

We americans have been paying with our blood and money to defend. Something you all seem very eager to criticize but not actually do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2018 at 4:41 AM, betsy said:

No, we shouldn't send any soldiers at all.

Not for the wrong reason of politicizing.....and exploiting what few soldiers we have, to pander to Trudeau's warped agenda.

 

 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/canada-s-mali-mission-will-emphasize-deployment-of-female-peacekeepers-1.3848176

 

Sending our soldiers to dangerous places - especially Mali - shouldn't be based on showing off by meeting a quota to look good before the world.  It should be based on qualifications/experience/expertise - anything to make the mission - the real mission that they're supposed to be doing over there - as successful as possible for our soldiers!  

 

If Trudeau is bent on showing off with his feminist agenda  -  and, most likely there will be media fanfare and photo-ops when these soldiers leave for Mali - why pussy-foot around it?  Go all the way!

Send an all-women team to Mali!

 

 

Sign me up. Which base are these canadians being deployed? Ill try to ask US africa command to send me there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2018 at 4:43 PM, paxrom said:

This is the same kind of isolationist view that handed ukraine to putin. You guys should really review western democratic ideals.

We americans have been paying with our blood and money to defend. Something you all seem very eager to criticize but not actually do. 

What people are criticizing is how you ram your ideals down other people's throats.  Defend....lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, eyeball said:

ram your ideals down other people's throats. 

Ofcourse, we're americans. They don't call us revolutionary for nothing. Its not like we asked england for independence and they gave it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...