Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
JamesHackerMP

How do you know what media/sources to trust?

Recommended Posts

Well guess what? A study done by the Public Policy Forum has discovered the greatest source of fake news in Canada!

It's the mainstream media!

According to the report, those who get their news from mainstream outlets are more likely to give incorrect answers to questions about basic governmental policy issues.

“Survey respondents who read or watched more traditional news media were less likely to express uncertainty about policy questions than those with low consumption, but more likely to give an incorrect response,” it says.

When asking respondents to reply to statements on central policy issues like the environment, immigration and the economy, those with a high amount of traditional media consumption gave nearly twice as many incorrect answers than those with low traditional media consumption.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/mainstream-media-main-sources-misinformation-report/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I understand, CNN and the New York Times used to be impartial, but now they have developed a left-wing agenda, just like NBC, CBC, Macleans, and ABC. FOX and Rebel media tend to be right wing.  I trust CTV. They are usually fairly impartial.  Global News is also pretty fair.  I like the National Post, but many have said they are right-of-centre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to watch CNN as they were fairly middle of the road but not anymore, they've gone completely off the rails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, scribblet said:

I used to watch CNN as they were fairly middle of the road but not anymore, they've gone completely off the rails.

Actually its audiences that are going off the rails. People just can't seem to accept news unless it's conditional or without getting indigestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Actually its audiences that are going off the rails. People just can't seem to accept news unless it's conditional or without getting indigestion.

To some extent maybe, but CNN itself has gone off the rails,  like the source or not, this gives you an idea of what CNN is up to.  MSNBC isn`t any better.  

https://www.dailywire.com/news/18181/just-how-badly-cnn-collapsing-look-these-numbers-james-barrett

They didn`t do a great job moderating the debates either.  https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/the-worst-ive-ever-seen-it-cnn-ripped-for-doing-a-horrible-job-moderating-democraticdebate/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 10:04 AM, scribblet said:

To some extent maybe, but CNN itself has gone off the rails,  like the source or not, this gives you an idea of what CNN is up to.  MSNBC isn`t any better.  

https://www.dailywire.com/news/18181/just-how-badly-cnn-collapsing-look-these-numbers-james-barrett

They didn`t do a great job moderating the debates either.  https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/the-worst-ive-ever-seen-it-cnn-ripped-for-doing-a-horrible-job-moderating-democraticdebate/

Rachel Maddow on MSNBC is excellent. She should really get more recognition for her great work.

Edited by BubberMiley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 8:37 PM, J4L said:

From what I understand, CNN and the New York Times used to be impartial, but now they have developed a left-wing agenda, just like NBC, CBC, Macleans, and ABC. FOX and Rebel media tend to be right wing.  I trust CTV. They are usually fairly impartial.  Global News is also pretty fair.  I like the National Post, but many have said they are right-of-centre.

The Rebel cannot be compared to the rest of the Canadian media that you mentioned above. The Canadian bought off media are all pro alt-left liberal and pro liberal party and they can never be trusted in what they report anymore. The Rebel is the only conservative alternative news outlet that does tell it like it is. Try it sometimes, you might learn something for a change that the other liberal side does not want you to hear or know about. I promise you that it will not bite. It has not bitten me as of yet.

The alt-left liberal Canadian media are terrified of Bernier because Bernier tells it like it is. Comrade Trudeau is trying to keep Bernier from being able to attend the election debates coming up soon. Why? It is because comrade knows that Bernier is going to tell the people what they need to hear and Trudeau does not want we the people to hear what bernier has to tell them and give them the other side of the story. Why is Trudeau afraid of some honest competition? I guess it is because all comrades hate honest and truthful competition. Just saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...