Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Abortion is a done deal


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Owly said:

What the bible thumpers up on their high horses fail to see, or choose to ignore more likely, is that when abortion was illegal, it didn't stop women from getting them. Just that now they can get them in a proper clinical setting with a real doctor, instead of up a back alley somewhere with a "knitting needle artist".

That's like saying we should provide needle exchanges, so heroine addicts don't overdose. We can't help criminals break the law, or were no different than the criminals themselves.

I don't think Christians have a monopoly on this issue. Anyone who respects natural law, will come to understand that butchering a fetus is no different than murder.

Edited by Robert Greene
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm too old now for it to affect me, but I have given thought to whether I would ever have had an abortion and under what circumstances.  It's a decision that is not taken lightly and I believe in my

Abortion is an undesireable thing and it is right to seek ways to reduce the number of abortions. However, the people most vehemently campaigning against abortion do a disservice to their cause by the

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Robert Greene said:

That's like saying we should provide needle exchanges, so heroine addicts don't overdose. We can't help criminals break the law, or were no different than the criminals themselves.

I don't think Christians have a monopoly on this issue. Anyone who respects natural law, will come to understand that butchering a fetus is no different than murder.

A fetus is not a human being. The xian guide book favours the murder of children among others; https://ffrf.org/component/k2/item/25602-abortion-rights

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Robert Greene said:

That's like saying we should provide needle exchanges, so heroine addicts don't overdose. We can't help criminals break the law, or were no different than the criminals themselves.

I don't think Christians have a monopoly on this issue. Anyone who respects natural law, will come to understand that butchering a fetus is no different than murder.

We can help those you wrongly call criminals.

If you see a death as better than society helping addicted people, when we all have addictive personalities, get sterile needles,  then you are certainly not living by the golden rule.

You must be a Christian.

Regards

DL 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Realitycheck said:

A fetus is not a human being. The xian guide book favours the murder of children among others; https://ffrf.org/component/k2/item/25602-abortion-rights

Christians are two faced.

They bitch when we kill a potential human fetus while praising a God who murdered many children and babies.

Think of King David`s baby that God tortured for 6 days before finally murdering it.

Regards

DL

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2018 at 12:51 PM, bcsapper said:

So does allowing it.

That is not true.  A new life can be adopted to other potential loving parents or looked after by family members.  The problem is Abortion by convenience is the worst.  (Ell)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ell said:

That is not true.  A new life can be adopted to other potential loving parents or looked after by family members.  The problem is Abortion by convenience is the worst.  (Ell)

It is true, like it or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 10:34 AM, French Patriot said:

Christians are two faced.

They bitch when we kill a potential human fetus while praising a God who murdered many children and babies.

Think of King David`s baby that God tortured for 6 days before finally murdering it.

Regards

DL

Fortunately it is pure mythology. Sadly, so few will understand that or the fact the bible, among other so-called "holy" books, preaches fare more murder, mahem and hatred than it does love.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:38 AM, Ell said:

That is not true.  A new life can be adopted to other potential loving parents or looked after by family members.  The problem is Abortion by convenience is the worst.  (Ell)

It sounds like you are not willing to help the saved children with any financial help, like some mothers are offered by the religious, until the child is born and then they disappear along with their promises of help.

The religious are two faced on this and that is why they should mind their own foul business.

Regards

DL

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Realitycheck said:

Fortunately it is pure mythology. Sadly, so few will understand that or the fact the bible, among other so-called "holy" books, preaches fare more murder, mahem and hatred than it does love.  

All who have a decent moral sense will agree with you.

That unfortunately does not include most religionists.

Regards

DL

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Maghana said:

So many people are against abortion but meanwhile they are not involved. They never help those poor mothers and their newborn children but what they know for sure is that abortion is a sin. I really can't understand that. If you don't like it so don't do it!

I agree with your view.

I have seen and heard of some religious people picketing abortion clinics and talking some women out of their abortions with promises of help, which disappeared soon after the birth.

Those foul religious liars do not care that, statistically, such children do not fare well in society. Those Christians also ignore the fact that their vile god used genocide and murdered many innocent children and babies yet are quick to forgive him for the same thing they condemn our abortion seeking women for. That double moral standard is quite immoral.

Regards

DL

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2018 at 3:05 AM, betsy said:

Abortion is here to stay.  No one will really try to bring this up.....so why make an issue of it?  

 

We have to.  It may be legal now to slaughter our unborn even for no reason than just to say because I want to....... but that shouldn't mean we have to tolerate it without voicing out our disapproval,  that we are strongly opposed to it, in fact.

 

Atheist/secular anti-abortionists, see it as a human right violation  - and they fight it on that ground. 

We Christians, fight it on the ground that it goes against Biblical teachings. We share a common goal.  To be the voice for the defenseless unborn. 

 

Even if it's now legal to murder a child, keeping the issue alive may help a woman struggling with her decision,  to do what is only righteous. 

Talking about it, still, saves lives.

You don't know your bible do you? First off, your imaginary god is a murderous SOB who cheerfully slaughters children;  https://ffrf.org/component/k2/item/25602-abortion-rights. Secondly there is nothing in your Book Of Lies regarding abortion. Thirdly, it is no one's business what a woman does with her body. Not yours, not mine, not government's and certainly not the purveyors of primitive superstitions. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2019 at 9:50 AM, Realitycheck said:

You don't know your bible do you? First off, your imaginary god is a murderous SOB who cheerfully slaughters children;  https://ffrf.org/component/k2/item/25602-abortion-rights. Secondly there is nothing in your Book Of Lies regarding abortion. Thirdly, it is no one's business what a woman does with her body. Not yours, not mine, not government's and certainly not the purveyors of primitive superstitions. 

Boy.   You seem angry.

You're just one among many of those I've dealt with - using the same ignorant cliche. 

Nah.   Not gonna waste my time on you.  Just reading your post above already tells me you're not worth it.  

    Here, just check out this old thread.

 

 

Edited by betsy
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, betsy said:

Bot.   You seem angry.

Likely because he and his wife think they should decide what they wish to do with their bodies and lives and not have you tell them what to do with them.

Would you like to be told how to live your private life?

Would you encourage your daughter to have a child after being raped?

Would you be the proud grandmother of a rapists offspring? Would you tell that child how he or she came to be, especially if it was not daddy's color, should your daughter be lucky enough to child find a husband in a world where 50% of all households are manned by single women? 

Would you subject yourself to such a life?

I do not expect an honest answer. 

Regards

DL

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, betsy said:

You seem angry.

This is the standard reply from a religious nut. I bet you didn't even read the link, which was all biblical quotes I'll bet lunch you have never seen before. A few examples: "

• The gruesome priestly purity test to which a wife accused of adultery must submit will cause her to abort the fetus if she is guilty, indicating that the fetus does not possess a right to life (Numbers 5:11-31).

• God enumerated his punishments for disobedience, including "cursed shall be the fruit of your womb" and "you will eat the fruit of your womb," directly contradicting sanctity-of-life claims (Deuteronomy 28:18,53).

• Elisha's prophecy for soon-to-be King Hazael said he would attack the Israelites, burn their cities, crush the heads of their babies and rip open their pregnant women (2 Kings 8:12).

Facts are not friendly towards religious beliefs.  it is no one's business what a woman does with her body. Not yours, not mine, not government's and certainly not the purveyors of primitive superstitions. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, French Patriot said:

Likely because he and his wife think they should decide what they wish to do with their bodies and lives and not have you tell them what to do with them.

Would you like to be told how to live your private life?

Would you encourage your daughter to have a child after being raped?

Would you be the proud grandmother of a rapists offspring? Would you tell that child how he or she came to be, especially if it was not daddy's color, should your daughter be lucky enough to child find a husband in a world where 50% of all households are manned by single women? 

Would you subject yourself to such a life?

I do not expect an honest answer. 

Regards

DL

 

Then, do what they want with their bodies! Doh.   Lol.  Why does it matter what I say?  What - am I holding them hostage?

   If they're going to be bothered by my talking against abortion - then it means, my opinion means so much to them! :rolleyes: 

Do as I do!  I don't care about your opinion since I know they're mostly based on ignorance anyway! :shrug:  At least, I directed you to another thread that explains abortion on Christian grounds - where I'm coming from! 

 

Freedom of speech/opinion rings a bell with you, guys?

Let's discuss the weird reactions, instead.  That's what I find intriguing......it's the same exploding reaction from some atheists in another forum, having a major melt-down over a simple Easter greeting from a Christian to fellow-Christians! giggle.gif

 

It's quite weird when someone suddenly comes angrily on this thread and starts exploding without even understanding what he quoted!    It makes me think of missed meds.

 

Too many liberals give arguments based on ignorance - Realitycheck's ignorance of the OP is an example!  And, that's just the OP which he did not really comprehend!  lol, When you missed the OP - what have you got?   And here you come, too.....on his heels!  Like you two are tied together, or something!  I guess you think there's strength in numbers, eh?   Doesn't always work in a forum, my friend!  :lol:

Then he started bringing up the Bible, too!  You guys are so funny......  smiley.gif

Edited by betsy
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Realitycheck said:

This is the standard reply from a religious nut. I bet you didn't even read the link, which was all biblical quotes I'll bet lunch you have never seen before. A few examples: "

• The gruesome priestly purity test to which a wife accused of adultery must submit will cause her to abort the fetus if she is guilty, indicating that the fetus does not possess a right to life (Numbers 5:11-31).

• God enumerated his punishments for disobedience, including "cursed shall be the fruit of your womb" and "you will eat the fruit of your womb," directly contradicting sanctity-of-life claims (Deuteronomy 28:18,53).

• Elisha's prophecy for soon-to-be King Hazael said he would attack the Israelites, burn their cities, crush the heads of their babies and rip open their pregnant women (2 Kings 8:12).

 

 

And those are the same old so-called "evidence" usually given by  atheist idiots!   

 

I imagine they all came from the same pro-choice atheists sites (but of course, it's like the blind leading the blind).....:lol:

 

  Here....let me illustrate why those are standard arguments from idiots......

 

Those cherry-picked verses (which are taken out of context),  does not mean you can freely kill the unborn anytime you want, and for no other reason than just.....because!

 

2 Kings 8

Because I know the harm you will do to the Israelites,” he answered. “You will set fire to their fortified places, kill their young men with the sword, dash their little children to the ground, and rip open their pregnant women.”

 

2 Kings 8 didn't only talk about killing children, but also killing pregnant women!  Because it happened in the OT, do religious people believe that's it's okay to kill people? Duh.

How many men and women were  killed as punishment by God?  Hello?   You're saying just because that happened in the Old testament, therefore it's okay to kill men and women!  Same thing. 

 

Shows you.....you got it all wrong.   That's what happens when you cherry-pick verses without understanding them!

 

 

Edited by betsy
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, French Patriot said:

Betsy

You are a pathetic thinker.

Regards

DL

 

You don't think at all, French Patriot. 

 

I think I owe a little explanation.  Do you get why I say RealityCheck's post is based on ignorance?   That he didn't get the OP?  here's what he responded to:

Quote

 

Abortion is here to stay.  No one will really try to bring this up.....so why make an issue of it?  

 

We have to.  It may be legal now to slaughter our unborn even for no reason than just to say because I want to....... but that shouldn't mean we have to tolerate it without voicing out our disapproval,  that we are strongly opposed to it, in fact.

 

Atheist/secular anti-abortionists, see it as a human right violation  - and they fight it on that ground. 

We Christians, fight it on the ground that it goes against Biblical teachings. We share a common goal.  To be the voice for the defenseless unborn. 

 

Even if it's now legal to murder a child, keeping the issue alive may help a woman struggling with her decision,  to do what is only righteous. 

Talking about it, still, saves lives.

 

Now, read that, and understand what is being said.   Take your time. 

Realitycheck's response to it, is irrelevant - he's simply gone ballistic!  Since you liked his response - you therefore failed to even see that not only was his response irrelevant - but, he also was arguing out of ignorance.  Now, what does that say about you? :lol:

 

Be satisfied that at least, I'd indulged you both with some precious time.

Bye.

Edited by betsy
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 1:52 PM, youreirrelevent said:

Why Does everyone think it's okay to deletus the fetus.

Like dude uncool.

People are thinking that it is okay to take a human life just because their birth is at an "inconvenient" time.

 

Even the ridiculous bible says it is not a human until it is born.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, betsy said:

 

You don't think at all, French Patriot. 

 

I think I owe a little explanation.  Do you get why I say RealityCheck's post is based on ignorance?   That he didn't get the OP?  here's what he responded to:

Now, read that, and understand what is being said.   Take your time. 

Realitycheck's response to it, is irrelevant - he's simply gone ballistic!  Since you liked his response - you therefore failed to even see that not only was his response irrelevant - but, he also was arguing out of ignorance.  Now, what does that say about you? :lol:

 

Be satisfied that at least, I'd indulged you both with some precious time.

Bye.

Interesting. The religious always claim biblical quotes which show their imaginary god in a bad light are "out of context". Then she claims that by quoting her bible I am going ballistic. :lol: I had a similar reaction on another forum where Human and civil rights were being discussed and the religious were furious and complained en masse to the mod a complaint he ignored) because I quoted their bible. Poor Betsy is displaying the same silliness. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Realitycheck said:

Interesting. The religious always claim biblical quotes which show their imaginary god in a bad light are "out of context". Then she claims that by quoting her bible I am going ballistic. :lol: I had a similar reaction on another forum where Human and civil rights were being discussed and the religious were furious and complained en masse to the mod a complaint he ignored) because I quoted their bible. Poor Betsy is displaying the same silliness. ;)

The WORD of god is full of inconvenient truths of what their vile god is.

Faith forces the more stupid to argue against the WORD of god.

God always has good reasons to do murder to those too blind to see that murder is not mercy.

Curing in stead of killing like Jesus did shows should be done proves he is not Yahweh but the blind and stupid theists do not care about that inconvenient truth.

Fell sorry for them as they know not what they do.

Regards

DL

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




×
×
  • Create New...