Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Argus

White Pride

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

NO, I am saying it was never a factor in my success or in my failures.. 

And yet you are who you are because you are white ?  I am so... confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

And yet you are who you are because you are white ?  I am so... confused.

I would be someone else if I was black. Get it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

I would be someone else if I was black. Get it?

You would still be you, wouldn't you ?  Or wouldn't you or someone else ?  This is linguistic and semantic disco dancing to my mind.  The complexities of your identity and how it was impacted by certain factors is all theoretical.  You have certainly absudicized it by saying you are everything you are due to your whiteness, which had no impact on you.

Congrats... that made my day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2018 at 5:46 PM, eyeball said:

Should have called this thread Right Pride.

Its not the media that caused conservatives to identify with and insinuate themselves into the tiny number of wealthy powerful influential people that people in power always gather around themselves - conservatives chose to be the useful obsequious idiots they've become.

 

One would hope. 

Hey, it was the Democrats that started up the KKK way back when. Maybe the KKK is still a part of the Democratic party today and that party still supports them? Hey, you never know. But the lefty liberals have to always make it appear as though conservatives are the KKK of today and are full of racists idiots. The alt-left lying liberal MSM are always bashing white people and the groups that they belong too. Only whites can be racists, right? 

One would only hope that more white people would say to themselves that it is okay for me to be white. Being the color white is nothing to be ashamed of. I am white and I am proud white guy and I do not feel ashamed to be white. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

You would still be you, wouldn't you ?  Or wouldn't you or someone else ?  This is linguistic and semantic disco dancing to my mind.  The complexities of your identity and how it was impacted by certain factors is all theoretical.  You have certainly absudicized it by saying you are everything you are due to your whiteness, which had no impact on you.

Congrats... that made my day.

I am everything due to my whiteness. I am quite happy with it thank you very much.

You do like using nice fancy words like "absudicized" don't you? I guess it is always about you trying to impress others here, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Argus said:

I couldn't cite Oprah's ideas either. I really don't follow her or watch her so I suppose I'd treat some idea of hers with whatever respect that idea or suggestion had. As I would with anyone else. 

But that's not how you feel about Peterson. You despise him. Any time he's mentioned I get the idea yours eyes bug out and a rage fills you. You can't pass up the opportunity to hiss and sneer and cut him down. Yet you can't cite a single thing he's said that offends you or a single thing he's wrong about

 

Peterson appears to be a conservative white gentile Anglo Saxon that says it like it is and that is why liberal MH despises him. Peterson speaks common sense and logic, and does not speak foolish emotional politically correct talk. The alt-left liberals hate people who use common sense and logic in their daily lives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

I would be someone else if I was black. Get it?

It's okay to be white. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taxme said:

It's okay to be white. :) 

What if I want to identify as a black man? Or hell let's go further on the SJW tip and say I recognize as a black woman. Some would laugh and say ..  but .. yer white!?  ANd then if I say, YEP PROUD OF IT .. then I could be called racist., or hell even be accused of cultural appropriation.  Guess I should throw away all my KRS ONE albums.  Or heaven forbid I get rid of my Prince collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

1) What if I want to identify as a black man?

2) Or hell let's go further on the SJW tip and say I recognize as a black woman.

3) Some would laugh and say ..  but .. yer white!? 

4) ANd then if I say, YEP PROUD OF IT .. then I could be called racist., or hell even be accused of cultural appropriation. 

5) Guess I should throw away all my KRS ONE albums.  Or heaven forbid I get rid of my Prince collection.

1) 2) 3) 4) 5) What ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Several things not to like relating to this topic - and a lot of it goes to the Multi-Culturalism/Melting Pot argument. Some of it goes to dual citizenship. Some of it goes to hyphenated citizens. I dislike the term "white pride" as much as any of the other "prides". I understand Argus' frustration and there is a lot of truth behind "celebrating" other races/creeds and somehow being embarrassed to tout our own. The answer though is not in using a megaphone for our white pride - it's to get our country back to the basics that have become distorted by Pierre Trudeau's multi-cultural experiment. Perhaps the concept had some academic relevance but it has taken on such a grotesque form that we are now apologizing for much of Canada's history - while at the same time, putting up roadblocks that forestall and inhibit the Melting Pot. Truth is we need both concepts: multi-culturalism to allow different cultures to feel welcome - as they themselves make generational commitments to climb into the Melting Pot. All connected by Canada's history, our Constitution, our Charter Rights AND responsibilities, and our shared values of peace and good governance. Do away with Dual citizenship and hyphenated Canadians. It should be PERSONAL pride. We won't be ready to take infant steps towards a "global" society until we get our own house in order first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Centerpiece said:

1) it's to get our country back to the basics that have become distorted by Pierre Trudeau's multi-cultural experiment.

2) Perhaps the concept had some academic relevance but it has taken on such a grotesque form that we are now apologizing for much of Canada's history - while at the same time, putting up roadblocks that forestall and inhibit the Melting Pot.

3) Truth is we need both concepts: multi-culturalism to allow different cultures to feel welcome - as they themselves make generational commitments to climb into the Melting Pot.  

1) The country was multi-cultural from its inception, first of all.  That aside, what are you proposing exactly ?

2) Accepting that you are using an extremely subjective word, I still don't see what specifically could be called 'grotesque'.  We apologize for atrocities and events we should be ashamed of, like residential schools' horrible result.  Isn't owning up to your responsibilities a 'white' thing then ?

3) I suppose I agree but culture happens independent of paltry government spending (as near as I can see Canadian heritage spends about 400M$ on all programs out of 400B$ so that's .1%.  If you made 50K a year that would amount to $50 out of your pocket, or McDonalds and a movie one night.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Centerpiece said:

 

Several things not to like relating to this topic - and a lot of it goes to the Multi-Culturalism/Melting Pot argument.

Actually it goes to the argument that we should have had a global government in place before a global economy.  It's unconscionable that we allow money to roam the world at will in search of greener pastures but not human beings.

Quote

We won't be ready to take infant steps towards a "global" society until we get our own house in order first.

Getting our house in order requires taking a grown up step towards Earthling-hood.

Its 2018 ffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Centerpiece said:

Several things not to like relating to this topic - and a lot of it goes to the Multi-Culturalism/Melting Pot argument. Some of it goes to dual citizenship. Some of it goes to hyphenated citizens. I dislike the term "white pride" as much as any of the other "prides". I understand Argus' frustration and there is a lot of truth behind "celebrating" other races/creeds and somehow being embarrassed to tout our own. The answer though is not in using a megaphone for our white pride - it's to get our country back to the basics that have become distorted by Pierre Trudeau's multi-cultural experiment. Perhaps the concept had some academic relevance but it has taken on such a grotesque form that we are now apologizing for much of Canada's history - while at the same time, putting up roadblocks that forestall and inhibit the Melting Pot. Truth is we need both concepts: multi-culturalism to allow different cultures to feel welcome - as they themselves make generational commitments to climb into the Melting Pot. All connected by Canada's history, our Constitution, our Charter Rights AND responsibilities, and our shared values of peace and good governance. Do away with Dual citizenship and hyphenated Canadians. It should be PERSONAL pride. We won't be ready to take infant steps towards a "global" society until we get our own house in order first.

I have always wondered as to why in Canada white people can never have a white history month to celebrate? As for now white people are the majority in Canada and yet we seem to be ignored for all the good things that we have done for mankind. All I ever see from the left wing liberal media is scorn and insults and attacks against white people. This needs to end now. 

It's okay to be white. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) The country was multi-cultural from its inception, first of all.  That aside, what are you proposing exactly ?

2) Accepting that you are using an extremely subjective word, I still don't see what specifically could be called 'grotesque'.  We apologize for atrocities and events we should be ashamed of, like residential schools' horrible result.  Isn't owning up to your responsibilities a 'white' thing then ?

3) I suppose I agree but culture happens independent of paltry government spending (as near as I can see Canadian heritage spends about 400M$ on all programs out of 400B$ so that's .1%.  If you made 50K a year that would amount to $50 out of your pocket, or McDonalds and a movie one night.  

1. Not in the beginning of the creation and founding of Canada was it multicultural. It was white people that settled and built up Canada. Non-whites came numerous decades later. 

2. What happened in the past should be left in the past. The white people today had nothing to do with what happened in the past. Why should I have to ask for forgiveness for what other white people did to others. All this apologizing for this and for that only makes the white men and women appear to have been very bad boys and girls in the past and is mostly said to make white people feel guilty about what other white people did in the past. Your saying that "owning up to your responsibilities" is supposed to be a white thingy? Maybe what your people should be doing is to apologize for all the atrocities that they have committed against the Palestinian people, uhmm? Well this white man refuses to own up to anything because I had nothing to do with anything that went on in the past. The past does not need to always be rubbed into the white people's faces. It's about time that white people received some recognition for the good things that they have done. How about how the white man put a stop to the native Indians from killing one another all the time before the white man came along.and stopped that practice. We civilized them. Geez, thank you Mr and Mrs. white people. 

3. The sad part about the heritage bureaucracy is that they appear to want to ignore the fact that it was the white British/European people that made Canada great for which they are never recognized for. I don't believe that children are taught anything about British/European history in schools these days. If they are it probably is very little. Do you think that some of those East Indian or Muslim private schools teach anything about British/European history at all? About their own, yes. I doubt that they teach anything at all about Canada period thanks to that disaster program and agenda called multiculturalism. In the end multiculturalism was created to destroy the British/European history and culture and traditions. My opinion of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, GostHacked said:

What if I want to identify as a black man? Or hell let's go further on the SJW tip and say I recognize as a black woman. Some would laugh and say ..  but .. yer white!?  ANd then if I say, YEP PROUD OF IT .. then I could be called racist., or hell even be accused of cultural appropriation.  Guess I should throw away all my KRS ONE albums.  Or heaven forbid I get rid of my Prince collection.

I was watching FOX news last night and Tucker had a guest on from South Africa and he was reporting on all the killings going on against the white SA farmers. He said that there are about two white farmers being murdered in SA every week. That is a crime against humanity being committed by the SA black government for allowing it to continue as they do not want to do anything about it. They want all the white farmers removed off their land and handed over to the black people. Of course the left wing liberal media never reports anything on these atrocities happening. I guess that if it is happening against white people, who cares. Maybe it is because at the time the lefties were all so huffy-puffy about apartheid decades ago and now that apartheid has been abolished we now see the black government of SA pretty much committing the same atrocities towards white people as white people were supposed to have done to black people. But again where is the liberal media on this? No doubt out there always anxiously looking for some white racist story in Canada to go ballistic over. The CBC is great for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, taxme said:

1. Not in the beginning of the creation and founding of Canada was it multicultural.  

2. What happened in the past should be left in the past.

The white people today had nothing to do with what happened in the past.   

3. How about how the white man put a stop to the native Indians from killing one another all the time before the white man came along.and stopped that practice. We civilized them. Geez, thank you Mr and Mrs. white people. 

4.  I don't believe that children are taught anything about British/European history in schools these days.

5. My opinion of course. 

1. Yes - there was French, English and several first nations people who had been constantly at war.  Not sure if you consider French people to be 'white' as you have slammed them on here before.

2. Ok - so the 'white foundation' of this nation should be left in the past then ?  Good.

3. More made-up stuff from you.  European people actively participated in wars that involved native tribes.

4. What you 'believe' is immaterial.  You believe everything you read on the internet, for example, such as Angela Merkel being Jewish.

5. Of course.  You are also known to pepper your inaccuracies with outright falsehoods in order to persuade suckers.  This post is more of the same.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Yes - there was French, English and several first nations people who had been constantly at war.  Not sure if you consider French people to be 'white' as you have slammed them on here before.

2. Ok - so the 'white foundation' of this nation should be left in the past then ?  Good.

3. More made-up stuff from you.  European people actively participated in wars that involved native tribes.

4. What you 'believe' is immaterial.  You believe everything you read on the internet, for example, such as Angela Merkel being Jewish.

5. Of course.  You are also known to pepper your inaccuracies with outright falsehoods in order to persuade suckers.  This post is more of the same.  

 

1. There were no East Indians, Asians, Africans or Muslims that were involved in the the founding of Canada. They came later. Funny boy. Most of the french Quebeckers are white for now. I have slammed the french for discrimination and sometimes hatred that has been shown towards the white Anglophone people of Quebec. If we are supposed to be a bilingual country than why was Quebec allowed to declare itself a unilingual French speaking province only? Do you think that BC for instance would get away with declaring BC to be English speaking only? Dam right they would not. The Anglophone politicians and media in Ottawa and Canada would go ballistic and would have no problem calling it anti-french, anti-Quebec. There you have it as to why I slam Quebec.

2. NO, the "white foundation" should not be left in the past. It should be promoted every day and not made to appear today as though non-whites were a part of the founding and creation of Canada. Alright? 

3. I do not make up stuff. That is your department. Yes, when the white people arrived in North America there was a lot of battles going on between the white and native Indian people. But what I have said which you seem to want to ignore was that in the end it was the white people who put an end to tribal warfare killings. But you would never want to acknowledge that, now would you? Can't make the white people look good at all. They must all be demonized. I have never heard you ever say anything good about white people. Only bad things. Why is that? I know why. 

4. Everything I post here is all "immaterial to you. But everything you say here is always factual and true. You appear to hate reading the truth. The internet has a lot to offer as far as truth goes. And it does have a lot of garbage on it also. Yes, I do believe that Merkel is a member of your people. The internet says it is so. Can you prove otherwise? 

5. I do not pepper anything here like you appear to enjoy doing all the time. If all you are going to do is visit fake and phony zionist websites for your ill-informed information well that is your problem, not mine. I will stick to the websites that at least question and challenge all the things that you believe in are true. Your replies are always the same old blah-blah. You cannot even admit that thanks to old whitey the Indians are now living in peace among one another. FYI, I read that on the internet. Is that a big internet lie also? Well?  :D

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, taxme said:

1. There were no East Indians, Asians, Africans or Muslims that were involved in the the founding of Canada.  

2. NO, the "white foundation" should not be left in the past.  

3. I do not make up stuff. That is your department. Yes, when the white people arrived in North America there was a lot of battles going on between the white and native Indian people.

4. But what I have said which you seem to want to ignore was that in the end it was the white people who put an end to tribal warfare killings.

5. But you would never want to acknowledge that, now would you? Can't make the white people look good at all. They must all be demonized. I have never heard you ever say anything good about white people. Only bad things. Why is that? I know why. 

6.  You appear to hate reading the truth. The internet has a lot to offer as far as truth goes. And it does have a lot of garbage on it also. Yes, I do believe that Merkel is a member of your people. The internet says it is so. Can you prove otherwise? 

 

1. No Italians, Irish, Spanish either.  

2. Exactly.  You want to select the parts of white culture that you like and talk about that but not the bad part.  That aligns with your communication plan which is based on selective dishonesty.

3. I have already explained how you make up stuff and now you have yourself explained how you like to exclude information that doesn't help your false narrative.

4. How was that done, exactly ?  The trail of tears ?  You have nothing here.  The killing continued after the tribes were conquered.

5. Why ?  I don't blame people for their skin colour or religion whether they are white or not.  That's your specialty.  Furthermore, you use races and groups to your advantage... making French people the good guys sometimes, then Zionists the bad guys sometimes.

6. I am not Jewish.  That is part of your game - to somehow denigrate people by claiming they're Jewish.  Yes, Merkel is protestant: https://www.theguardian.com/world/german-elections-blog-2013/2013/sep/10/angela-merkel-origins-germany-election . Luckily, most people are not anti-Semites and are merely nonplussed by your bizarre accusations.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, taxme said:

I have always wondered as to why in Canada white people can never have a white history month to celebrate?

It's okay to be white. :)

Well, there's Xmas...everyone dreams for a white one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2018 at 1:43 PM, Michael Hardner said:

1. No Italians, Irish, Spanish either.  

2. Exactly.  You want to select the parts of white culture that you like and talk about that but not the bad part.  That aligns with your communication plan which is based on selective dishonesty.

3. I have already explained how you make up stuff and now you have yourself explained how you like to exclude information that doesn't help your false narrative.

4. How was that done, exactly ?  The trail of tears ?  You have nothing here.  The killing continued after the tribes were conquered.

5. Why ?  I don't blame people for their skin colour or religion whether they are white or not.  That's your specialty.  Furthermore, you use races and groups to your advantage... making French people the good guys sometimes, then Zionists the bad guys sometimes.

6. I am not Jewish.  That is part of your game - to somehow denigrate people by claiming they're Jewish.  Yes, Merkel is protestant: https://www.theguardian.com/world/german-elections-blog-2013/2013/sep/10/angela-merkel-origins-germany-election . Luckily, most people are not anti-Semites and are merely nonplussed by your bizarre accusations.

 

1. Nor were there several other white countries either.  So what's your point? 

2. Someone has to speak up for old whitey who today is still always being blamed for something bad that he may have done in the past. Old whitey cannot get a break from people like you. Old whitey has done a heck of a tremendous job of making life much more simpler and easier for humanity. There is plenty of stuff around in your home that makes life oh so much more convenient for us all and all just about invented by old whitey. I know you do not like to hear that or would ever admit it but it is true. Believe it or not. 

3. Again I do not make up stuff. Others do that for me which I might add is all true stuff as far as I am concerned. You can never prove to me that what I am reading and listening to is lies. I have no reason to believe that what I am reading and listening to comes anywhere close to being false. What I try to do is to include factual information that has been presented as false by the likes of the left wing lying and fake media liberal actors and activists that you enjoy listening too. Show me something factual where I am being dishonest? I would like to know? 

4. As I already pointed out it was old whitey that at least stopped the killings between the Indian tribes. Yet you refuse to at least acknowledge this. Why? If old whitey did not come along the killings would have probably continued on for decades on. And now you want to throw in the "trail of tears" to try and avoid admitting that old whitey stopped the killings. Nice try. 

5. I can't blame people for their skin color. If they were born yellow well that is not their fault. I have no problem blaming any and all of the world's religions for many of the world's problems. I am in total agreement with John Lennon who wrote a song and in that song it said "imagine there was no religion". I would like to live in a world with no religion. Those fanatical Arab Muslims would not be committing all the chaos and havoc today if it were not for their belief and practice and following that ancient archaic tenth century religion called Islam. 

6. I believe that you did say at one time in one of your past forum posts that you were Jewish and I believe that you are. I can't produce it right now because I do not know as to where and what forum and post you said it in. It will take time but I will try and find it. For now I will give you the benefit of the doubt. 

I just punched in is Angela Merkel Jewish and voila up came several websites to go visit which they all say that Merkel is a Jew. That website you posted is trying to cover up the fact that Merkel is Jewish. Hey, if she is Jewish well good for her. But why the cover up? So, because I post that Merkel is Jewish somehow that now makes me an anti-semite just for pointing this fact out. That is just you trying as always to make it appear that way.  No bizarre accusations being done here. It is you that makes bizarre statements here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2018 at 2:52 PM, eyeball said:

Well, there's Xmas...everyone dreams for a white one.

Yes indeed, I do like a white Christmas. A black or yellow Xmas would be terrible. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, taxme said:

1. I believe that you did say at one time in one of your past forum posts that you were Jewish and I believe that you are. I can't produce it right now because I do not know as to where and what forum and post you said it in. It will take time but I will try and find it. For now I will give you the benefit of the doubt. 

2. I just punched in is Angela Merkel Jewish and voila up came several websites to go visit which they all say that Merkel is a Jew. That website you posted is trying to cover up the fact that Merkel is Jewish. Hey, if she is Jewish well good for her. But why the cover up? So, because I post that Merkel is Jewish somehow that now makes me an anti-semite just for pointing this fact out. That is just you trying as always to make it appear that way.  No bizarre accusations being done here. It is you that makes bizarre statements here. 

3. Again I do not make up stuff. Others do that for me which I might add is all true stuff as far as I am concerned. You can never prove to me that what I am reading and listening to is lies. 

1. I am not Jewish and didn't say that I am.

2. I have produced her known history, supported by a UK newspaper that is almost 200 years old.  You came up with 'several websites' which amounts to jack shit.  And yet you give them equal weight.  What you are doing is overstating evidence, which is at best blind ignorance and at worst an excuse to propagate lies.  I can create a website that says anything I like, and then claim that establishment information or even science are lying.  And yes, giving undue weight and/or promoting lying sites and white supremacy/white pride websites.   

A bizarre statement is one that says "screw that internationally known newspaper with 200 years of history... I FOUND A WEBSITE !"

3. "Others do that for me".  Exactly.  And you know full well that they are "making up stuff", as you admit that others do that for you.

 

Anybody coming to this forum and seeing your claims of truth should take note about how you have this need to falsely claim people (like me, or Merkel) are Jewish.  I don't know you, but I do know that anti-semites do this kind of thing all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I am not Jewish and didn't say that I am.

2. I have produced her known history, supported by a UK newspaper that is almost 200 years old.  You came up with 'several websites' which amounts to jack shit.  And yet you give them equal weight.  What you are doing is overstating evidence, which is at best blind ignorance and at worst an excuse to propagate lies.  I can create a website that says anything I like, and then claim that establishment information or even science are lying.  And yes, giving undue weight and/or promoting lying sites and white supremacy/white pride websites.   

A bizarre statement is one that says "screw that internationally known newspaper with 200 years of history... I FOUND A WEBSITE !"

3. "Others do that for me".  Exactly.  And you know full well that they are "making up stuff", as you admit that others do that for you.

 

Anybody coming to this forum and seeing your claims of truth should take note about how you have this need to falsely claim people (like me, or Merkel) are Jewish.  I don't know you, but I do know that anti-semites do this kind of thing all the time.

Well, you sure do come to the aid and defense of anything Judaism or Israel a lot. That makes me wonder as to whether you are Jewish or you are a gentile apologist for Judaism, and no matter what Judaism or Israel does you back them up feverishly. If you did pay attention to my posts you will find that they consist of attacking Zionism not the ordinary Jewish person. Try and get your head straight on that one will you.  I still will believe that Merkel is Jewish. I have no reason not too. 

I only post what I read on the internet for comment. There may be some websites that push lies but I am pretty sure not all do. I know that for a fact. But just how would you know that what I am posting here for comment is true or false? Just how would you know that those websites are promoting lies? Just because you do not like what I post here or some websites that I show here does not have to mean that it is not true as to what they are saying. You have the right to believe what you want to believe and so do I. Live with it. 

I am pretty sure that anyone coming to this forum may have a lot more of an open mind than what you appear to have. Just saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I find identity politics tiresome and intellectually pointless. I wonder if the proponents of identity politics understand the logical implications of the very idea upon which they rely? To promote "pride" in one group in relation to others is essentially to assert the legitimacy and interests of one group relative to others. It does nothing less than legitimize "otherness" as a basic societal principle as every distinct group will have an equal tendency to assert the legitimacy of the interests of its members. (And why not, after all?) Trudeau's bizarre speech this week in New York in which he touted the value of diversity as an end in and of itself was an example of the muddled thinking that emerges in the modern context of political correctness. This is the same Trudeau who touts open-ended multiculturalism, which in this country has become a kind of catch-all for every cultural and/or racial and/or religious group seeking to assert its singular virtues and, more importantly, interests. And often the very groups that seek the benefits of diversity seem to be those that otherwise espouse exclusivity rather than integration.  As a Muslim author noted in an article published in the New York Times ('Is Free Speech Good for Muslims?', March 27, 2017), members of his own community too often seek the benefits of liberalism and tolerance they are unwilling to grant others. I tend to think this kind of 'diverse' multiculturalism amounts to serial uniculturalism and believe it's only diversity in a very truncated, peculiar and ultimately unproductive fashion. For the most part, anybody can and should be able to associate with any racial, ethnic, religious or sexual identity group one wishes. But in a pluralistic society it's not legitimately the state's role to support or promote any of this as doing so effectively amounts to discrimination. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, turningrite said:

Personally, I find identity politics tiresome and intellectually pointless. I wonder if the proponents of identity politics understand the logical implications of the very idea upon which they rely? To promote "pride" in one group in relation to others is essentially to assert the legitimacy and interests of one group relative to others. It does nothing less than legitimize "otherness" as a basic societal principle as every distinct group will have an equal tendency to assert the legitimacy of the interests of its members. (And why not, after all?) Trudeau's bizarre speech this week in New York in which he touted the value of diversity as an end in and of itself was an example of the muddled thinking that emerges in the modern context of political correctness. This is the same Trudeau who touts open-ended multiculturalism, which in this country has become a kind of catch-all for every cultural and/or racial and/or religious group seeking to assert its singular virtues and, more importantly, interests. And often the very groups that seek the benefits of diversity seem to be those that otherwise espouse exclusivity rather than integration.  As a Muslim author noted in an article published in the New York Times ('Is Free Speech Good for Muslims?', March 27, 2017), members of his own community too often seek the benefits of liberalism and tolerance they are unwilling to grant others. I tend to think this kind of 'diverse' multiculturalism amounts to serial uniculturalism and believe it's only diversity in a very truncated, peculiar and ultimately unproductive fashion. For the most part, anybody can and should be able to associate with any racial, ethnic, religious or sexual identity group one wishes. But in a pluralistic society it's not legitimately the state's role to support or promote any of this as doing so effectively amounts to discrimination. 

 

The program and agenda of multiculturalism is to destroy the very foundation, traditions, culture and heritage of any country in order to try and create a one world order where there are no borders anymore. Multiculturalism is plain and simple ethnic cleansing of the country that implements it's disastrous policies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...