Political Discussion Forums
Centerpiece

Should Donald Trump win a Nobel Peace Prize?

Should Donald Trump win a Nobel Peace Prize?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

I find it more confusing than annoying.  You have to bring Trudeau and his lack of influence/importance into every conversation.  Why?   Why is it so important to you that everybody acknowledge that American/Trump influence is surpasses Canada/Trudeaus? 

I don't care if everybody acknowledges this...it is clearly true.  Is there a topic about Trudeau getting a Nobel prize ?   (See what I did there ?)

If the U.S. / Trump were not also brought up in unrelated topics all over this forum, perhaps I would reconsider.

Oh, and please continue to discuss Trump....I realize he is very entertaining and hard to resist.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dialamah said:

And nobody claimed they would, so like ... what's your point?  Just your usual slagging of Canada in your desperate attempt to prop up Trump?  I thought you said you were non-partisan and merely pointing out hypocrisy ..... 

Nope...I never said I was "non-partisan" and clearly mocked any claims of "hypocrisy" by anybody.

I am just to the right of Attila the Hun.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Nope...I never said I was "non-partisan" and clearly mocked any claims of "hypocrisy" by anybody.

I am just to the right of Attila the Hun.

I've pretty much accepted that half of the west is willing to bash trump regardless of what he does.

Half of them clearly does not see he is playing bad cop good cop with our adversary. 

Objectively speaking, trump's ability to change rhetoric over night gives him the freedom for political maneuvering. 

Edited by paxrom
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, paxrom said:

I've pretty much accepted that half of the west is willing to bash trump regardless of what he does.

Half of them clearly does not see he is playing bad cop good cop with our adversary. 

Objectively speaking, trump's ability to change rhetoric over night gives him the freedom for political maneuvering. 

Agreed...Donald Trump the candidate and Donald Trump, President of the United States have disrupted and confounded decades of political and economic status quo, which is exactly what he said he would do.   It is remarkable to watch....President Reagan was called the Teflon president....President Trump thrives on the induced chaos, as do his supporters.   No GOP member has yet emerged to challenge Trump for the 2020 nomination.

If Trump actually helps to "solve" the Korea problem, it would be an astounding accomplishment making the Nobel Peace Prize a relative afterthought.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

23 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Agreed...Donald Trump the candidate and Donald Trump, President of the United States have disrupted and confounded decades of political and economic status quo, which is exactly what he said he would do.   It is remarkable to watch....President Reagan was called the Teflon president....President Trump thrives on the induced chaos, as do his supporters.   No GOP member has yet emerged to challenge Trump for the 2020 nomination.

If Trump actually helps to "solve" the Korea problem, it would be an astounding accomplishment making the Nobel Peace Prize a relative afterthought.

Agreed. But all of this is coming at a cost to us American taxpayers. Hope the rest of the free world wakes up and see this down the road and thank us for once, though i'm not holding my breath. 

If you look at our recent advances in Afghanistan, even the liberal media is warming to trump's strategy (really it's mattis) . We've kicked the taliban's ass so much that they started attacking "soft target" and their own people are tired of their bull sh*t. 

"Residents were so incensed by the attack that many of them armed themselves and had to be restrained by police officers from going after the attackers."

This article from the NY Times even admitted to this LOL. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/09/world/asia/afghanistan-attack-kabul.html

Their only real strategy is to wear our patient thin and hope we would pull out again. Not with the new sheriff in town!

Liberals asked why after 17 years why we haven't stabilize the area from attacks and Mattis said, "sir if you look at what we stand for in this world, attacks on registration places for election is not something we back down from a fight for".... MURICAH!!!!!!!!  Start watching at 25:30 https://www.c-span.org/video/?445190-1/secretary-mattis-general-dunford-testify-defense-budget-request

His strategy is working, they(taliban, isis, insurgents, Jimwd etc...) can't attack any of the hard targets so they have to resort to suicide attack and even then the best they can do is alienate their own countrymen against them. 

Many of the Marines who served under Mattis said that they would go to hell and back for him.  Shows you the kind of leadership we have.  # NEW WORLD ORDER!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paxrom said:

....His strategy is working, they(taliban, isis, insurgents, Jimwd etc...) can't attack any of the hard targets so they have to resort to suicide attack and even then the best they can do is alienate their own countrymen against them.

This is consistent with Trump's approach....can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

Sec'y Mattis told his force commanders to attack the Taliban even during the winter months....ruthless !

Trump is the change agent....he will succeed in some areas...fail in others.   And that's OK.

21 hours ago, dialamah said:

So how often is Trump in communication with Putin, Kim Jong Un, Duterte for their feedback?  Daily?  Weekly?

Who cares? At least Trump is doing something and talking to both of them. What has Trudeau done lately in trying to communicate with Putin and Kim?  Nothing at all. And besides who in the world cares as to what Trudeau has to say or do anyway? He is a nobody on the world scene. At least Trump is. :D

Positive developments continue with North Korea:

North Korea Will Transfer American Remains in Coming Weeks, Official Says
July 17, 2018
SEOUL, South Korea — The United States expects to transfer the remains of some American servicemen out of North Korea in the coming weeks, bringing them home 65 years after the end of the Korean War, a United States military official said on Tuesday.

American and North Korean officials met on the border between North and South Korea on Monday in an effort to coordinate the repatriation of remains believed to be those of American soldiers killed during the 1950-53 war.

What a difference a meeting with Trump makes. Those who have a memory will recall how the liberal meeting was shouting that the meeting was a huge failure, embarrassment to the US, etc. as though rubbing their hands in glee, hoping that any peace talks proposed by Trump would fail. The first reaction was that Trump is a madman who wants to start a nuclear war, then that he is an ineffective clumsy oaf. Now on this issue, silence.