Political Discussion Forums
Michael Hardner

Clarification on Baiting

We have a thread where a supposedly male member is baiting a female member of the board with words like 'dear' 'darling' and 'honey'.

Is that permitted ?  Please clarify so I can prepare my symmetrical put-downs for the lower adversaries on MLW.  Thanks in advance.

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Please clarify so I can prepare my symmetrical put-downs for the lower adversaries on MLW.

Oh goody, I look forward to reading more put-downs.

Especially to the 'lower adversaries'    oh my 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scribblet said:

Especially to the 'lower adversaries'    oh my 

Everybody has lower adversaries.  Are we afraid to hear the truth on here now ?  Jeez... so many sensitive types....

Folks, If you encounter a violation of the forum rules, report it and ignore it.

On 6/2/2018 at 10:11 AM, Michael Hardner said:

We have a thread where ... 

... baiting was coming from multiple members.  

On 6/2/2018 at 10:11 AM, Michael Hardner said:

We have a thread where a supposedly male member is baiting a female member of the board with words like 'dear' 'darling' and 'honey'.

Is that permitted ?  Please clarify so I can prepare my symmetrical put-downs for the lower adversaries on MLW.  Thanks in advance.

How does this garner your attention while some slander others with islamiphobia or being called anti-semite? Seems like some selective outrage.

31 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

How does this garner your attention while some slander others with islamiphobia or being called anti-semite? Seems like some selective outrage.

I report those also.  Nothing was done about this.  I wanted to understand why.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I report those also.

Getting too report-happy, are we?  :lol:  You seem cranky today.

12 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I report those also.  Nothing was done about this.  I wanted to understand why.

Welcome to the frustration many have been feeling here for a long time.

17 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Welcome to the frustration many have been feeling here for a long time.

No frustration here.  I don't expect instant response, just a response and I got that.  For free.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

No frustration here.  I don't expect instant response, just a response and I got that.  For free.

If you were not frustrated, you would not have made this thread. But at least you see what many of us are complaining about with regards to reporting and how moderation handles all that. Now I do see a lot less of the problems, but I am not sure if that is due to an increase in good moderation or some posters simply left or do not post here for whatever reasons.

I've often not had trouble with forum abuses unless moderation occurs. In fact, i think the reasons they get reduced depends upon the members themselves. Frustration still will exist but CAN be contained by members capacity to accept HOW others may behave and altering their own in a non-violent reaction against those who 'appear' to behave badly. (They may be real people needing first to express, then be understood through care in argument without prejudice, and then adapt to their own better behavior by example of how they were received.)

36 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

If you were not frustrated, you would not have made this thread. But at least you see what many of us are complaining about with regards to reporting and how moderation handles all that. Now I do see a lot less of the problems, but I am not sure if that is due to an increase in good moderation or some posters simply left or do not post here for whatever reasons.

I don't know.  I can't speak to whether I was frustrated or not, but I did need the follow-up and once again I got it.  I also notice fewer accusations of bias on here, which is good.

Several members who emphasized drama, personal attacks, and profanity (as baiting) to express themselves have moved on, and if this is because of moderation, then that is a good thing.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Several members who emphasized drama, personal attacks, and profanity (as baiting) to express themselves have moved on, and if this is because of moderation, then that is a good thing.  

Interesting, I always considered you a troll..  maybe I was wrong?

10 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Interesting, I always considered you a troll..  maybe I was wrong?

We can consider just about anyone with an opposing view - and who relentlessly expresses that view - to be a troll.  I've sometimes think of MH and you as  trolls (although you seemed to have mellowed somewhat).....and I'm sure there are those who also see me as a troll.  Of course, my sense of humor only makes that perception worse - what with my emojis?

Edited by betsy

3 hours ago, betsy said:

We can consider just about anyone with an opposing view - and who relentlessly expresses that view - to be a troll.  I've sometimes think of MH and you as  trolls (although you seemed to have mellowed somewhat).....and I'm sure there are those who also see me as a troll.  Of course, my sense of humor only makes that perception worse - what with my emojis?

I am no troll, but I will tell you exactly what I mean. The main problem that people have with my posts is because they cannot read or really comprehend what is being put forth.