Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
paxamericana

Real reason we haven't left afghanistan

Recommended Posts

In one word, Russians.

Seriously, they're just holding Afghanistan's peace process in hostage for spite.

This is like a disgruntled child crying out even though they know what is good for them.

There is no strategic advantage to help the Taliban in Afghanistan other than spite. Russia has been trying to stabilize the region since the 60s. They do not need more opium and terrorist coming out of their backyard.  

""The State Department argues that Russia's support for the Taliban perpetuates instability across the region.

It's not an area of cooperation for them yet," explained a senior State Department official of Russia's failure to work with the U.S. in Afghanistan. The country is an area where Russia "can make points" about their displeasure with general state of bilateral relations....official indicated that Moscow is holding peace in Afghanistan hostage as their bilateral relations with the U.S. grow more toxic."

 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-says-russian-support-for-taliban-hurts-peace-process-in-afghanistan/

Edited by paxrom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yes its always the Russians and always will be because you won't confront them head on.

What? We are taking them head on. Or are you talking about world war 3 thermal nuclear war. We see Russia's fate as being tied to western europe. Why they chose to piss off the west and isolate themself is beyond us. Essentially we are putting them in time out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, paxrom said:

What? We are taking them head on. Or are you talking about world war 3 thermal nuclear war. We see Russia's fate as being tied to western europe.

America has never taken the Russians head on.  You see what you want to see. 

Quote

Why they chose to piss off the west and isolate themself is beyond us. Essentially we are putting them in time out. 

They choose to piss you off because its so easy and they know you'll do nothing.  Hosting the World Cup doesn't seem very isolationist.

Essentially you're doing the same thing you've always done, next to nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

They choose to piss you off because its so easy and they know you'll do nothing.

Obama risk adverse foreign policy and the EU lack of defense spending that caused it btw, Bunch of freeloaders. 

As for kicking the russian ass where its needed ummm look at syria... "200 to 300 of the attacking fighters were killed. The others retreated under merciless airstrikes from the United States"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/world/middleeast/american-commandos-russian-mercenaries-syria.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, paxrom said:

Obama....

But. but, but Obama.  There's the real reason you're still in Afghanistan...one feeble excuse after another.

Quote

As for kicking the russian ass where its needed ummm look at syria... "200 to 300 of the attacking fighters were killed. The others retreated under merciless airstrikes from the United States"

There's a difference between Russians and Russia just like there's a difference between America and Americans.  Of course if you can't see the difference in yourself its no surprise you can't see it in others.

That said...its a little funny listening to you blame Obama when you just said you're all for one and one for all on the global catwalk.

Edited by eyeball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right because 500 Russians decided to attack an American installation on their own without their government's knowledge, support and approval? Right....

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

There's a difference between Russians and Russia just like there's a difference between America and Americans.  Of course if you can't see the difference in yourself its no surprise you can't see it in others. 

Obama was referring to Ukraine and  his lack of bolstering defense spending of freeloading  european (some say Canadians as well but you get a free ride since you're canada) . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, paxrom said:

Right because 500 Russians decided to attack an American installation on their own without their government's knowledge, support and approval? Right....

Okay so if you can take on Russia directly....time to shit or get off the pot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, paxrom said:

pardon? could you elaborate?

Quit putzing around in Syria and get on with what needs to be done in Russia...regime change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eyeball said:

Quit putzing around in Syria and get on with what needs to be done in Russia...regime change.

Oh i see. So lets discuss that in another thread. I'll start one later. But I will say that we absolutely do not want a collapse of Russia. They have too many nukes running around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, paxrom said:

Oh i see. So lets discuss that in another thread. I'll start one later. But I will say that we absolutely do not want a collapse of Russia. They have too many nukes running around. 

Should have marched on Staingrad when we had the chance eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eyeball said:

Should have marched on Staingrad when we had the chance eh?

I agree. then there would just be one world order and the rest of us in the later generation wouldn't have to deal with all this crap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...