Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
loveistheonlyway

If Canadians hate Americans, why doesn't Canada just sever ties with America?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I vote Liberal to incite chaos to undermine the Confederation.   Mission accomplished.

Not so much.  Trudeau is still popular in and out of Canada among liberals.  He could still win the election.  What you call undermining might look like freedom of expression to others and no threat at all to Canada.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

But it is not just the US right...American foreign policy has always been thus...and it is not going to change anytime soon.

Well you’re right that it isn’t always a left versus right thing.  Conservatives in Canada loved Reagan.  For a while the countries were aligned under conservatism and did some great work together, such as on fighting acid rain and cleaning up the Great Lakes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Not so much.  Trudeau is still popular in and out of Canada among liberals.  He could still win the election.  What you call undermining might look like freedom of expression to others and no threat at all to Canada.  

Whatevs, I'm happy with the train wreck so far, I hope they do win again in October, keep the lefty lunacy coming, I say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Whatevs, I'm happy with the train wreck so far, I hope they do win again in October, keep the lefty lunacy coming, I say.

I think Trump and Trudeau are both ridiculous characitures.  I’m sure China does want Trudeau in.  Scheer has basically said that he will shut down Huawei participation in 5G and fully support the Trump trade war on China.  US Republicans have recently said supportive things about the Canadians detained in China, so we may see a continent-wide conservative love in if Trudeau loses.  Expect to see huge Chinese manipulation of Canadian social media in the months ahead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I think Trump and Trudeau are both ridiculous characitures.  I’m sure China does want Trudeau in.  Scheer has basically said that he will shut down Huawei participation in 5G and fully support the Trump trade war on China.  US Republicans have recently said supportive things about the Canadians detained in China, so we may see a continent-wide conservative love in if Trudeau loses.  Expect to see huge Chinese manipulation of Canadian social media in the months ahead. 

I don't think the Chinese need 5G,  they've got the Canadian left coming to them because the Lefties are desperate to stick it to the Americans somehow.

The feat and loathing of the Americans is driving Canada right into the clutches of Beijing.

Edited by Dougie93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't think the Chinese need 5G,  they've got the Canadian left coming to them because the Lefties are desperate to stick it to the Americans somehow.

The feat and loathing of the Americans is driving Canada right into the clutches of Beijing.

Canada is a close US ally.  Relations with China worsened in the past year.  The Chinese were fools to overreact to Canada over the Meng affair.  Prior to that Trudeau was very China friendly.  I’ve watched the number of Chinese immigrants literally triple in my community over the past few years.  China and Canada have a bond that supersedes governments, but the bond with the US is very deep.  We all have friends and relatives living and moving back and forth over the border.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada is a close US ally.  Relations with China worsened in the past year.  The Chinese were fools to overreact to Canada over the Meng affair.  Prior to that Trudeau was very China friendly.  I’ve watched the number of Chinese immigrants literally triple in my community over the past few years.  

Meng Wanzou was the Americans trying to save Canada from itself, that was a FVEY operation to drive a wedge between the Liberals and Beijing

Edited by Dougie93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Meng Wanzou was the Americans trying to save Canada from itself, that was a FVEY operation to drive a wedge between the Liberals and Beijing

Classic Machiavelli 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...