Political Discussion Forums
betsy

What to do about those poor folks trapped in a cave....

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not for very long....after being educated in South Africa through age 17,  he spent two years in Canada university...

So, probably more influence proportionately than America's share of glory for the rescue in Thailand, right?

Just now, turningrite said:

So, probably more influence proportionately than America's share of glory for the rescue in Thailand, right?

Don't understand either's impact when it comes to Musk...clearly he chose America as the place build his real "glory"...instead of Canada (or Thailand).

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sure, but most Americans don't care about such perceptions.    Remember, the "please love us" gene is found in Canada, not the USA.

Personally, I don't care if anybody "loves" Canada. In some ways, I wish fewer did. I know America loves to love itself. I think there's a good word for that but I'm too tired to recall it. Oh yeah, it's narcissism.

9 minutes ago, turningrite said:

Poor America!! You know what they say about guys who boast about too much about their own attributes - they're probably insecure about the shortcomings they don't want to talk about. Just saying....

No worries, we sell plenty of mail order freedom pills. fixes those issues right up (pun intended).

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Don't understand either's impact when it comes to Musk...clearly he chose America as the place build his real "glory"...instead of Canada (or Thailand).

America is where the money is. It's made sure of that, particularly where its economic relationship with Canada is concerned. I think Canada should ask Trump for the massive compensation owed for all the educated people we've exported over the past several decades. It would easily eclipse anything Trump imagines Canada owes America.

3 minutes ago, turningrite said:

Personally, I don't care if anybody "loves" Canada. In some ways, I wish fewer did. I know America loves to love itself. I think there's a good word for that but I'm too tired to recall it. Oh yeah, it's narcissism.

Call it whatever you want...Americans measure their success by American standards.   We have done OK....and the largest number of landed immigrants in the world seems to agree.

Even this forum (engine, database, and hosting)...comes from the United States.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

13 hours ago, marcus said:

No betsy. I just repeated two times, in this thread, that I don't support Assad. But you can keep repeating the false claim that I support Assad. I couldn't make it any more clear that I am against all violations.

You have picked a team and are covering for your team. Because that's how you role. You're a hypocrite and have double standards and can only find faults in those who you see as your enemies. 

I stated, in this thread: I do not support Assad

You, on the other hand, stated in this thread: America is trying to save civilians. Once again, covering for them and excusing the killing of civilians (despite seeing the post about 1000 civilian casualties by the US, in just the month of March)

So.....since you claim you don't support Assad, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

But you focused  only on Trump/America.   Nothing negative was said about Assad.  You gave him a pass - by trying to make Trump admin to be the culprit.  If you're now saying you don't support him, it's only because I held your feet on the fire. You can't deny those videos.

That leaves me to believe that you're exploiting these Thai children as a platform for your agenda. 

I'm right.   It's you and Hudson, who are the real hypocrites.  Riding on the tragic Thai story that saw one volunteer dead. 

Like I've said:   have  some decency.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2018 at 3:47 AM, betsy said:

So.....since you claim you don't support Assad, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

But you focused  only on Trump/America.   Nothing negative was said about Assad.  You gave him a pass - by trying to make Trump admin to be the culprit.  If you're now saying you don't support him, it's only because I held your feet on the fire. You can't deny those videos.

That leaves me to believe that you're exploiting these Thai children as a platform for your agenda. 

I'm right.   It's you and Hudson, who are the real hypocrites.  Riding on the tragic Thai story that saw one volunteer dead. 

Like I've said:   have  some decency.

The point that you keep missing (you seem to be missing a lot of things) is that you are a hypocrite for showing emotions and concern for these children, when you advocate for actions that have killed many other children. These Thai kids just happen not to be Muslim. Would you show the same reaction if they were? Your history on here would suggest otherwise.

It's well-documented on this forum in how you react whenever there is any news about the hardship that Muslims go through. Whether it's because of US/Israel military actions or the consequences of their actions. You have come out in defense of these military actions. You have even come out saying that the Rohingya refugee story is fake or made up. Talk about having decency. 

Not only that, but you go out of your way telling us about your Christianity. You fail at being a true Christian, with your hate filled heart.

You are a hypocrite.  

7 minutes ago, marcus said:

The point that you keep missing (you seem to be missing a lot of things) is that you are a hypocrite for showing emotions and concern for these children, when you advocate for actions that have killed many other children. These Thai kids just happen not to be Muslim. Would you show the same reaction if they were? Your history on here would suggest otherwise.

It's well-documented on this forum in how you react whenever there is any news about the hardship that Muslims go through. Whether it's because of US/Israel military actions or the consequences of their actions. You have come out in defense of these military actions. You have even come out saying that the Rohingya refugee story is fake or made up. Talk about having decency. 

Not only that, but you go out of your way telling us about your Christianity. You fail at being a true Christian, with your hate filled heart.

You are a hypocrite.  

The point you keep missing (and I'm not really surprised about it)....is that you are a hypocrite for using the Thai children (and this thread) to promote your anti-Trump admin  agenda.   You don't care about any children dying - whether they are Muslims or not.   Heck, you don't care about Syrians at all!    All you pointed out for criticism is the Trump admin - you gave Assad a clear pass.  

Hudson unwittingly reflected it best:   to him, migrant children are just political cartoons! 

All they are to both of you, are just handy propaganda tools at the moment - something to tie up with this story about the Thai incident.

Lol.   You're as transparent as clear plastic.  :lol:

Edited by betsy

It's just not efficient to keep repeating something and then receive a response showing that the person did not pay attention to what was said.

You don't comprehend posts very well. You also lack self-awareness. This is the reason you are a hypocrite.

It was an extraordinary story with an unlikely outcome, the amateur cave divers - what strange things some people do for fun - making a crucial contribution. Congrats to everybody involved. One of the Australian divers was also an anesthesiologist and I presume he helped in sedating the kids just enough to get them out without affecting their breathing.