Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
romeoromeo

If majority of Canadians has a negative view of America, why are they still allied?

Recommended Posts

Based on Pewresearch, less than 50% of Canadians has a positive view of America.... if that's so why hasn't Canada severed its ties with America yet?

 

"Oh I hate you and I've got a lot of complaints about you but I might need you so I'll stick with you."

 

Doesn't that make Canadians hypocrites?

 

I don't understand, can somebody please make me understand....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I chalk it up to economics trumping virtue and in-camera lobbying. Outlawing the latter might not make us less hypocritical but we''d probably have a better understanding of why we're hypocrites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, romeoromeo said:

I don't understand, can somebody please make me understand....

Why am I still married?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, romeoromeo said:

Based on Pewresearch, less than 50% of Canadians has a positive view of America.... if that's so why hasn't Canada severed its ties with America yet?

 

"Oh I hate you and I've got a lot of complaints about you but I might need you so I'll stick with you."

 

Doesn't that make Canadians hypocrites?

 

I don't understand, can somebody please make me understand....

A lot of that dislike is due to one person who won't be around forever. Hopefully that will change when he is history. Besides, it doesn't make sense to sever ties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the CBC's Adrienne Arsenault (The National), Canada has no choice, as it is incapable of divorcing itself from the United States.

Note that Canadian media talking heads are keenly aware of the expressed concern that Canada pays far too much attention to the United States...feeling they have no choice but to do so.   It is not an option....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikairozfwRc

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Wilber said:

A lot of that dislike is due to one person who won't be around forever. Hopefully that will change when he is history. Besides, it doesn't make sense to sever ties.

 

Only heightened from an anti "murican" level that has previously existed for decades....and CanAm history.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wilber said:

A lot of that dislike is due to one person who won't be around forever. Hopefully that will change when he is history. Besides, it doesn't make sense to sever ties.

Yes, it does!

 

If you hate your spouse..... won't you divorce them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, eyeball said:

I chalk it up to economics trumping virtue and in-camera lobbying. Outlawing the latter might not make us less hypocritical but we''d probably have a better understanding of why we're hypocrites.

Okay....... so why don't you get rid if these economics trumping and in-camera lobbying things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, romeoromeo said:

Yes, it does!

 

If you hate your spouse..... won't you divorce them?

The US is not my spouse. I don’t have to like someone in order to get along with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, romeoromeo said:

Okay....... so why don't you get rid if these economics trumping and in-camera lobbying things?

Oftenwrong nailed it. Money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Wilber said:

A lot of that dislike is due to one person who won't be around forever. Hopefully that will change when he is history. Besides, it doesn't make sense to sever ties.

Most Canadians hate Americans because the left wing liberal Canadian media has made that happen and has brainwashed Canadians into believing that Trump is the big bad bogeyman which they do every day on Canadian TV. And every time a Republican becomes President the leftist liberal media in Canada and America goes ballistic.

I was watching the news this morning at around 8 AM, so early in the morning already, and the TV station that I was watching showed  a picture of the Peace Arch border crossing  in Blaine, Washington and the cars were lined up all the way back for at least half a mile. Canadians may hate America but they sure still like to go there and do their shopping or vacationing. Such hypocrites. 

It makes no sense for you to hate Trump? Just what has Trump done to you that you hate the guy so much? Go ahead, make your day. 

I have no problem with Trump. So far Trump has not done anything to hurt me. These anti- Canadian Trump haters really need to get a life and need to stop watching Canadian leftist liberal fake news like the CBC. Every hour of every day it's about mean and nasty, ha-ha, Trump.  

Edited by taxme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a less than positive view of someone doesn't equal hate, that's your thing. I don't have to be someones friend to work with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wilber said:

Having a less than positive view of someone doesn't equal hate, that's your thing. I don't have to be someones friend to work with them.

But the question that I asked of you was why do you despise Trump so much? What has he done to you that he is not on your favorites list?  Well? C'mon, spit it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump is a miserable excuse for a human being. I don't feel the same about all Americans but they did after all make him President. Clear enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, taxme said:

Most Canadians hate Americans because the left wing liberal Canadian media has made that happen and has brainwashed Canadians into believing that Trump is the big bad bogeyman which they do every day on Canadian TV. And every time a Republican becomes President the leftist liberal media in Canada and America goes ballistic.

 

Certainly true for this Liberal party hack (and idiot) from Vancouver....like many...completely obsessed with Trump in another country.   Bush #43 drove them nuts too.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-federal-liberal-official-has-social-media-meltdown-over-trump

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wilber said:

Trump is a miserable excuse for a human being. I don't feel the same about all Americans but they did after all make him President. Clear enough?

Still won't answer the question, will you? I guess the reason for that is Trump has not done anything harmful too you. You just despise Trump  because the media told you to despise Trump.  If the media told you that Trump was a great President every day you would be there in agreement with them. Clear enough for you? 

Hey, the fools that voted for Trudeau sure voted in an idiot for PM who is now making many Canadians feel miserable as human beings. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not because a large portion of Canadians hate Americans, because really they don't, now this is just my opinion,   what pisses off Canadians is Americans have a rich identity, the red white and blue, your patriotic to a fault, you don't really care who you piss off, because your proud of who you are, where you came from, all of your history, can I get a WHOOORAAHH please ...Canadians don't have any of that, Oh we want to have it, but we just can't get there....

Shit we would be hard pressed to tell any one what our values and morals are, what we believe in, what excites us...except Hockey and poggy checks....and the odd beer... I mean all you have to do is look at our national choices for things that represent Canada....The Beaver WTF were they thinking , you can't tell me there was not another animal out there that was not taken....

what about the Artic fox, or better yet the  Polar bear....no we picked a rodent that sole job is to chew trees down and build dams impressive...Our national sport is lacrosse….how many times a week is that national televised, Can more than 2 people tell me what the national league for lacrosse is called.... how many players do we have national any ways....would it even be comparable to Hockey....and yet the vast majority of us Canadians eat sleep and shit hockey...but did we pick hockey....nope....

deep down I think we wish we where Americans, just to have something we could call our own....to look up to, to have a sense of values and morals to get excited about singing a national anthem ....don't get me wrong, i'm proud to be Canadian, and I do say sorry a lot, and I am polite yes maam, yes sir, I prefer Canadian beer, to American....I will stop everything i'm doing to watch a good hockey game, or play in one, it's like we turn into little green hulks when we gear up and play hockey, we could gouge your eyes out with a blade of a stick in no time...ya we'd say sorry, even try to stuff that eye back in...see out on the ice we are assholes, off the ice we don't know who we are, except we will say we are not Americans, even know we are more similar to Americans than to any other culture.... 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

It's not because a large portion of Canadians hate Americans, because really they don't, now this is just my opinion,   what pisses off Canadians is Americans have a rich identity, the red white and blue, your patriotic to a fault, you don't really care who you piss off, because your proud of who you are, where you came from, all of your history, can I get a WHOOORAAHH please ...Canadians don't have any of that, Oh we want to have it, but we just can't get there....

Shit we would be hard pressed to tell any one what our values and morals are, what we believe in, what excites us...except Hockey and poggy checks....and the odd beer... I mean all you have to do is look at our national choices for things that represent Canada....The Beaver WTF were they thinking , you can't tell me there was not another animal out there that was not taken....

what about the Artic fox, or better yet the  Polar bear....no we picked a rodent that sole job is to chew trees down and build dams impressive...Our national sport is lacrosse….how many times a week is that national televised, Can more than 2 people tell me what the national league for lacrosse is called.... how many players do we have national any ways....would it even be comparable to Hockey....and yet the vast majority of us Canadians eat sleep and shit hockey...but did we pick hockey....nope....

deep down I think we wish we where Americans, just to have something we could call our own....to look up to, to have a sense of values and morals to get excited about singing a national anthem ....don't get me wrong, i'm proud to be Canadian, and I do say sorry a lot, and I am polite yes maam, yes sir, I prefer Canadian beer, to American....I will stop everything i'm doing to watch a good hockey game, or play in one, it's like we turn into little green hulks when we gear up and play hockey, we could gouge your eyes out with a blade of a stick in no time...ya we'd say sorry, even try to stuff that eye back in...see out on the ice we are assholes, off the ice we don't know who we are, except we will say we are not Americans, even know we are more similar to Americans than to any other culture.... 

Canadians do not have the same patriotism that Americans have. The majority of Americans love their country and are proud to say "USA" "USA" "USA" at rallies where Canadians at any kind of event will just stand there waving tiny little Canadian flags and say that they are proud to be Canadian. To shout and cheer and say Canada Canada would never be heard. Canadians are just to polite to want to appear to be bragging. It's the Canadian way. When anyone here can tell me as to what is so great about Canada anymore that should make me feel proud to be Canadian then maybe I will give Canada a break. But until then. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taxme said:

Still won't answer the question, will you? I guess the reason for that is Trump has not done anything harmful too you. You just despise Trump  because the media told you to despise Trump.  If the media told you that Trump was a great President every day you would be there in agreement with them. Clear enough for you? 

Hey, the fools that voted for Trudeau sure voted in an idiot for PM who is now making many Canadians feel miserable as human beings. 

 

Pol Pot didn't do anything to me either. Was he one of your heroes too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

except Hockey and poggy checks....and the odd beer

Pretty much nailed it. Personally I'm for more beer, less poggy checks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many Canadians have strong ties to the USA via family...simple as that. 

Who has family on both sides of the border? 

I bet you do. I'm a bettin' man...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, taxme said:

Still won't answer the question, will you? I guess the reason for that is Trump has not done anything harmful too you. You just despise Trump  because the media told you to despise Trump.  If the media told you that Trump was a great President every day you would be there in agreement with them. Clear enough for you? 

Hey, the fools that voted for Trudeau sure voted in an idiot for PM who is now making many Canadians feel miserable as human beings. 

 

The tariffs the USA is putting on other nations will have harmful effects on you as a person.  The Media also told me that Obama was a great president. I disagree.  Some of what Trump is doing I like, and some of it is outright retarded.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Wilber said:

Pol Pot didn't do anything to me either. Was he one of your heroes too?

I guess that Trump is hurting your leftist liberal sensitive feelings is my guess. Leftist liberals are no doubt fond of people like Pol Pot, Stalin and Mao. Anyone of those your hero? You know who my hero is. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, taxme said:

I guess that Trump is hurting your leftist liberal sensitive feelings is my guess. Leftist liberals are no doubt fond of people like Pol Pot, Stalin and Mao. Anyone of those your hero? You know who my hero is. :D

I only have to listen to what comes out of Trump's mouth and what he does to form an opinion of him. He's a pig. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...