Political Discussion Forums
Rue

Target of virus/hack attackj

On 11/28/2018 at 7:23 PM, Greg said:

Ha, you think I'm die in the wool IP.Board fan?

Whatever...

Greg, in this forum, what you are doing is good for...

... une société civilisée.

====

Yet, you seem to worry about a Just Society more than a Civil Society.

Edited by August1991

WHATEVER,

Why is this thread free from Korean/Chinese nonsense?

15/5000

한국어 넌센스

or

16/5000

中國人胡說八道
Edited by August1991

@Greg

Other boards/ software are equally plagued by hacker attacks, so for all the work it takes to migrate, and for users to adjust etc. still won't guarantee this problem is solved. In fact these problems are never completely solved. You could, for example devise policies that limit the number of new posts a new account can make, to one per day, or perhaps one per forum, per day... etc. This would continue for a short time until the member is considered legit.

Technology is not the only thing. Another option is to use human beings to patrol the forum. Members could be encouraged to report any spam, or strange posts. (The latter being rather subjective for some around here...)

Edited by OftenWrong

58 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

You could, for example devise policies that limit the number of new posts a new account can make, to one per day, or perhaps one per forum, per day... etc. This would continue for a short time until the member is considered legit.

Good idea.

Greg, Charles.

Thanks. 1000x thanks.

What did you guys do to solve this problem?

======

Make no mistake, this was not "fake news". This was foreign characters.

• Haha 1

Or perhaps prevent a new account from starting threads until they've been active for three days and made three actual posts. I have records of over 7000 bogus threads.

This is likely China targeting Canada for the arrest of Huawei's President FOR the U.S. extradition request. If they can read this, they should recognize that this would only defeat Canada's neutrality for that company letting the American's influence take precedence. Mind you, this could then be intentional to discredit the Chinese? And, if the Chinese OR Americans are involved, their use of Korean may be to purposely confuse who is responsible. .... ??? Any other similar political suggestion possibilities? Is there a way to trace them back ....or their proxies?

Edited by Scott Mayers

13 hours ago, Scott Mayers said:

Any other similar political suggestion possibilities?

No comment from me. I aint discussing politics.

This sub-forum should be free of political discussion but I will let the membership entertain this train of thought. If it gets traction, I will snip it off and move it upstairs to a different space in the forum.

13 hours ago, Scott Mayers said:

Is there a way to trace them back ....or their proxies?

Perhaps but I can not do it nor do I care to pursue any such sleuthing. For me, spam is spam. I will leave it to others to enlighten me as a reader.