Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
betsy

Trudeau Reckless Binge

Like as if the billions of money squandered are not enough - from the useless leaky pipeline that he bought, to the disastrous India trip, to the reckless open border invitations to all persecuted, to the shameless handout to Bombardier.....and now this:

Trudeau criticized for tweet to Trevor Noah pledging $50M charity gift

"Hey @Trevornoah - thanks for everything you're doing to celebrate Nelson Mandela's legacy at the #GlblCtzn festival. Sorry I can't be with you - but how about Canada pledges $50M to @EduCannotWait to support education for women & girls around the world? Work for you? Let's do it," Trudeau tweeted to the South African comedian and "The Daily Show" host.

Noah said "This is amazing!" as Trudeau's tweet was shown on a big screen at the concert.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trudeau-criticized-for-tweet-to-trevor-noah-pledging-50m-charity-gift-1.4202127

The amazing part is.....according to polls.....he's still way ahead!

That money is just part of the money already pledged at G7 last year, not anything new. But you're against pipelines now? Welcome aboard! I agree the pipeline is just another nail in our coffin and very irresponsible. I just don't see the CPC ever stopping that one

The existing TM pipeline made $300 million last year. Companies build pipelines because they make money. The new one will too if it ever gets built.

Just part of Trudeau's reckless spending with no apparent concern for Canadians.   Also notice, how Trudeau tweets this as if somehow the 50M is his to give personally, not the taxpayer's money----  and this to impress a second rate 'comedian'   Not just second rate but anti Semitic  

Ontario is still waiting for the 200 M owed them because of his broken border policies...   maybe he'll pledge to pay that over twitter.

noah tweet.jpg

Edited by scribblet
  • Like 1

Trudeau is popular amoung young people in the same way Santa Claus is.

• Like 3

It's not about what he spent it on - it's about the self-aggrandizing method that he used to announce it - even using his personal twitter account rather than an official government one. Just another example of a juvenile attitude that is not in keeping with the serious job of Prime Minister.

Edited by Centerpiece
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Truth Detector said:

Yes, you have to wonder how many of these young people will actually vote in 2019? That being said, the CPC and NDP leaders seem quite weak at this point and we haven't heard much from Bernier lately. Young people apparently like shiny baubles and entertainment value with their politics - if they think seriously about politics between elections, which many likely don't. Trudeau has mastered the superficiality of the social media age. Just don't ask him to say much that's intelligible about anything that really matters because unless some has written his lines for him he comes across as inarticulate, which in all probability reflects his actual lack of substance. But those socks sure are cute, right?

1 hour ago, Centerpiece said:

It's not about what he spent it all - it's about the self-aggrandizing method that he used to announce it - even using his personal twitter account rather than an official government one. Just another example of a juvenile attitude that is not in keeping with the serious job of Prime Minister.

He never was serious to begin with but his lack of substance has taken him far. I think the guy loves to look at and listen to himself. He's enamored of his own persona.

Edited by turningrite

The kid's  trying to amass "likes."

Lol.   He must need that pretty badly these days - what with all the bruising he's getting, self-esteem must be at an all-time low.

If he wants likes, no problem with that.  Just do it with your own money!   Ransack your Trudeau foundation!

Edited by betsy

20 hours ago, Centerpiece said:

It's not about what he spent it all - it's about the self-aggrandizing method that he used to announce it - even using his personal twitter account rather than an official government one. Just another example of a juvenile attitude that is not in keeping with the serious job of Prime Minister.

Prime Minister of Canada is a serious job? 

22 hours ago, Truth Detector said:

Ah yes.  As oldsters become less and less relevant, they try to pretend the young people aren't leading the world into the future by making dismissive and insulting remarks.

7 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Ah yes.  As oldsters become less and less relevant, they try to pretend the young people aren't leading the world into the future by making dismissive and insulting remarks.

It's all about the free stuff at somebody's expense...

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

It's all about the free stuff at somebody's expense...

I understand.  Using tax money to help the less fortunate is anathema to some people.   Especially if it's for women or girls:

the money pledged in a tweet to Trevor Noah, who is hosting the Global Citizen Festival in honour of former South African leader Nelson Mandela’s pursuit of ending extreme poverty, is part of the $400 million already announced during the G7 Summit in June to support education for girls.

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

I understand.  Using tax money to help the less fortunate is anathema to some people.   Especially if it's for women or girls:

I have a problem with that attitude. Regardless of the worthiness of the cause, Trudeau used his personal twitter account to announce Canadian government spending on a US political talk show in a manner that made out like he and Trevor were saving the world. Trevor maybe but Trudeau was just using your money to try and increase his own popularity.

The man's ego is becoming an expensive problem. It is borrowed money after all that Canadians will pay interest on in perpetuity because it will never be paid back, but that is another issue. Unfortunately, the only thing most politicians really excel at is dreaming up new ways to spend money.  We have become a can we afford the payment country, when we used to be a can we live within our means country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Liberals have been telling us the economy is great but they are still running 20 billion deficits. It is looking very much like the world economy is about to go in the tank. Then what?

On 12/4/2018 at 8:13 AM, scribblet said:

Just part of Trudeau's reckless spending with no apparent concern for Canadians.   Also notice, how Trudeau tweets this as if somehow the 50M is his to give personally, not the taxpayer's money----  and this to impress a second rate 'comedian'   Not just second rate but anti Semitic  

Ontario is still waiting for the 200 M owed them because of his broken border policies...   maybe he'll pledge to pay that over twitter.

noah tweet.jpg

Is that tweet just a hoax? I don't like T Noah but no one would be stupid enough to post that.

On 12/4/2018 at 6:29 AM, betsy said:

Like as if the billions of money squandered are not enough - from the useless leaky pipeline that he bought, to the disastrous India trip, to the reckless open border invitations to all persecuted, to the shameless handout to Bombardier.....and now this:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trudeau-criticized-for-tweet-to-trevor-noah-pledging-50m-charity-gift-1.4202127

The amazing part is.....according to polls.....he's still way ahead!

I find it hard to believe that the Libs are way ahead. This smacks of the 2016 US Presidential polls that had Hillary way up.

It's like the pollsters are trying to say "these are the cool kids" to stop voters from taking all of the damning facts seriously. 

The only people I know who would speak in favour of Trudeau are completely vacuous types who barely even pay attention to politics.

31 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The only people I know who would speak in favour of Trudeau are completely vacuous types who barely even pay attention to politics.

That's my impression as well. Those who aren't interested in following politics between elections don't look beyond the veneer. And Trudeau gets a lot of media coverage, including in the U.S. media, which usually take a swerve where Canada is concerned. He's touted as the anti-Trump and that it seems is enough to keep him in the lead, well for now at least. I worry that with apparently weak leadership in the other two mainstream parties Trudeau will get a free pass next year. That's why I hope Bernier can inject concerns about immigration into the election debate and force all the parties to put their cards on the table. Unless Canadians are presented with real policy options and choices, I suspect Trudeau will simply read his well-rehearsed but vacuous stump speeches and many voters will give him the benefit of the doubt. His background is in acting, right?

39 minutes ago, turningrite said:

That's my impression as well. Those who aren't interested in following politics between elections don't look beyond the veneer. And Trudeau gets a lot of media coverage, including in the U.S. media, which usually take a swerve where Canada is concerned. He's touted as the anti-Trump and that it seems is enough to keep him in the lead, well for now at least. I worry that with apparently weak leadership in the other two mainstream parties Trudeau will get a free pass next year. That's why I hope Bernier can inject concerns about immigration into the election debate and force all the parties to put their cards on the table.

The numbers on how people feel about immigration are indicate most disapprove of how it's being done. But that doesn't mean it's going to move their votes. The major issues for Canadians remain the economy, health care, the environment, and other stuff like that. So while most don't like the way things are going there I wouldn't count on Bernier collecting many votes unless he can garner support on other subjects - like health care, for example, which the Tories and Liberals largely ignore. What it will do is contribute to other factors in people's unease/distrust/disapproval of the Liberals.

Edited by Argus

6 minutes ago, Argus said:

The numbers on how people feel about immigration are indicate most disapprove of how it's being done. But that doesn't mean it's going to move their votes. The major issues for Canadians remain the economy, health care, the environment, and other stuff like that. So while most don't like the way things are going there I wouldn't count on Bernier collecting many votes unless he can garner support on other subjects - like health care, for example, which the Tories and Liberals largely ignore. What it will do is contribute to other factors in people's unease/distrust/disapproval of the Liberals.

In Canada's larger cities immigration and other issues like the economy, housing, access to health care and the environment are inextricably linked. Any program that like immigration costs taxpayers tens of billions of dollars to support automatically impacts other policy areas. I'd like to see Bernier's party present a fully developed platform, which would at least force the other parties to respond. The Libs will probably stick with a formula that for them has worked to date and the NDP is hopeless but I'm hoping that if Bernier can gain any momentum and influence he can force the CPC to become more assertive on important policy issues. My ideal 2019 election outcome would see a CPC minority government backed by Bernier's PPC. Bernier has said that the current iteration of the CPC is essentially Lib-lite. If voters are merely offered a choice between the Lib party and a pale imitation of it, is it likely that we'll see the any change in Ottawa next year?

1 hour ago, turningrite said:

with apparently weak leadership in the other two mainstream parties Trudeau will get a free pass next year. That's why I hope Bernier can inject concerns about immigration into the election debate and force all the parties to put their cards on the table. 

Scheer is a smiley, uncontroversial leader who can challenge Trudeau for votes "in the middle". The voters that have come to their senses.

In my opinion the last thing that we need is for Bernier to say something about immigration that gives Trudeau a chance to start virtue signalling. Trudeau will get crucified if the election is about policy or his abysmal track record, but he'll always win a virtue signalling contest.

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Is that tweet just a hoax? I don't like T Noah but no one would be stupid enough to post that.

No, it's for real...   there are others 

1 hour ago, scribblet said:

No, it's for real...   there are others 

I like your new hat. It shows how closely the anti-Trudeau wingnuts are with Trump supporters and how they are all really of the same movement. It will help marginalize the CPC and ensure an even bigger majority lol

But resorting once again to character assassination with bad joke tweets just because you disagree with someone gets really tiresome. You should try harder to find common ground with people. You'd probably be a lot happier 

Edited by Don Jonas

1 hour ago, Don Jonas said:

I like your new hat. It shows how closely the anti-Trudeau wingnuts are with Trump supporters and how they are all really of the same movement. It will help marginalize the CPC and ensure an even bigger majority lol

But resorting once again to character assassination with bad joke tweets just because you disagree with someone gets really tiresome. You should try harder to find common ground with people. You'd probably be a lot happier 

I have to agree.  There's nothing wrong with being offensive.

2 hours ago, Don Jonas said:

OMG you really are stalking me    I guess stalkers do go off topic with personal attacks which are as you know, the ammunition of the unintelligen t. 

stalker.jpg

Edited by scribblet