Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
betsy

Trudeau Reckless Binge

On 12/10/2018 at 6:18 PM, WestCanMan said:

If Scheer promised a modest $40 billion dollar deficit over the next 4 years and said that he wouldn't drive away investment, kill off parts of our economy, cater to foreign resources over Canadian options, or give the red carpet treatment to terrorists he would be a substantive alternative to Trudeau.

Singh's party is toast, and the Libs will get all those votes.

Don't count on it. Many NDPers, who tend to detest the Liberal Party, which is often fairly viewed as progressive front for the interests of capital and big business, could switch to the Green Party or, if immigration becomes an election issue, could opt to vote for Bernier's party. Initial straw polling on the appeal of Bernier's party indicated that it could draw support from the three mainstream parties.

2 hours ago, Centerpiece said:

I'm pretty sure that he will lose a lot of the women's vote. They are not as naive and shallow as he thinks they are.

As far as I know Trudeau remains immensely popular among women. It's among men  his popularity has fallen.

7 hours ago, Argus said:

As far as I know Trudeau remains immensely popular among women. It's among men  his popularity has fallen.

It's early - I have a lot of faith in the ability of women to know a faker. We'll see.

1 minute ago, Centerpiece said:

It's early - I have a lot of faith in the ability of women to know a faker.

From whence comes this faith?

I've asked before, which group of men do you think are most likely to be single and fatherless, the ones in maximum security prison, or the ones working for Microsoft.

43 minutes ago, Argus said:

From whence comes this faith?

I've asked before, which group of men do you think are most likely to be single and fatherless, the ones in maximum security prison, or the ones working for Microsoft.

I've talked with/Facebooked a lot of disappointed women - women who DID vote for him and won't this time round. In spite of the polls, I think there's something going on - especially among those who are likely to actually vote. Put another way, Trudeau has done nothing to improve the high-water mark he had before all his electoral promises faded to lies.

Not sure where you're coming from with regards to fatherless youth - of COURSE it's those in prison. I've written several times about the frustratingly obvious root cause of Black crime and Black on Black violence and murders in Toronto. Poverty is a poor excuse and in the vast majority of cases is the logical outcome of the Baby Mom culture imported from the Caribbean - mainly Jamaica. But our politically correct political climate and "activist" enablers refuse to confront the big, fat, elephant in the room.

Conservative as I may be, it's rather pointless to scold the Canadian government for spending, spending, spending, as that is what Canadians demand.  Canadians entitle themselves to their entitlements, and any politician who doesn't go along with it is rather promptly kicked to the curb.  The Liberals simply embrace this as a reality and are thus the Natural Ruling Party while the Conservatives have spent most of the last 150 years complaining about it from the sidelines.   Canadians like to talk a big game about fiscal discipline, but when it comes time to actually cut their pork, they go for a shit and declare the sky to be falling, politicians adjust accordingly.

On the bright side, Canadian Confederation is actually a fools errand, best to be rid of it as soon as possible, and the best and in fact only way to get there, would be insolvency.  Can't argue about equalization payments when there's no money in the vault at all, thus, bring it on,  a Fake Country is no country at all, God save the Queen, death to Confederation.