Political Discussion Forums
Wilber

The Banana Republic is at it again

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The nation's demise...? Can you quantify that?

Sure. Farmers are going bankrupt. Auto factories are laying people off and closing. The stock market is down. Countries that are hurt by Trump's tariffs are finding permanent alternative suppliers. Climate change effects are beginning and all the sane people are realizing it's going to be bad. Oh, and there is a president who is beholden to Russia, which wants to destroy the American empire. Need I go on?

Banana update....protests from Americans (and those very, very concerned Canadians) seemingly ignored...off to the governor for possible signature into law....no royal assent required.

MADISON, Wis. — Wisconsin Republicans pushed through protests, internal disagreement and Democratic opposition Wednesday to pass far-reaching legislation that would shift power to the GOP-controlled Legislature and weaken the Democrat who defeated Republican Gov. Scott Walker last month.

http://www.startribune.com/wisconsin-republicans-work-overnight-on-lame-duck-bills/501953001/

12 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Sure. Farmers are going bankrupt. Auto factories are laying people off and closing. The stock market is down. Countries that are hurt by Trump's tariffs are finding permanent alternative suppliers. Climate change effects are beginning and all the sane people are realizing it's going to be bad. Oh, and there is a president who is beholden to Russia, which wants to destroy the American empire. Need I go on?

Some people go bankrupt in every economy. The stock market is still 25% higher than it has ever been. Countries like that little Asian place, China or whatever it's called, are choosing to play ball by Trump's new rules. Climate change, aka the sky is falling, is a joke. Russian collusion is still at 0% proven after more than 2 years of investigation. Yes you need to go on. This is awesome.

Edited by WestCanMan
Added awesomeness, as if it needed any more.

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Some people go bankrupt in every economy. The stock market is still 25% higher than it has ever been. Countries like that little Asian place, China or whatever it's called, are choosing to play ball by Trump's new rules. Climate change, aka the sky is falling, is a joke. Russian collusion is still at 0% proven after more than 2 years of investigation. Yes you need to go on. This is awesome.

I could, but why bother talking to someone who is so detached from reality to think that climate change is a joke?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

I could, but why bother talking to someone who is so detached from reality to think that climate change is a joke?

Climate change is real. Man-made climate change is a joke.

7 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

The reality is violent protests in the streets of Paris.   And that ain't no joke to Macron and the globalists.

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

Bubber I have a bridge that's high enough to stay above the new water levels from global warming. It's in San Francisco. Just $5M US. Sweet deal. Wanna buy it.

If you're gullible enough to fall for the Republican line that man-made climate change isn't real, I can see how you got stuck with a fake bridge. Sorry. Not a sucker like you.

3 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

You are also not a U.S. citizen but seem very concerned with American state and federal government...to what purpose ?

So you are a Canadian citizen? Good to know.

11 minutes ago, Wilber said:

No, I am a U.S. citizen with zero influence and sanction for how Canadian provincial or federal government process.

But I am more than happy to provide mocking blowback in the opposite direction in equal measure.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No, I am a U.S. citizen with zero influence and sanction for how Canadian provincial or federal government process.

But I am more than happy to provide mocking blowback in the opposite direction in equal measure.

Then what does not being a US citizen have to do with commenting on US politics? Hypocrite.

19 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

If you're gullible enough to fall for the Republican line that man-made climate change isn't real, I can see how you got stuck with a fake bridge. Sorry. Not a sucker like you.

You're the one who just said the stock market was down because of something you saw on CNN, when all you had to do was open any newspaper in the world or do a 1 second google search to see how wrong that was, and you're calling me gullible? lmfao.

You believe in all this climate change bs which is proven to be false time and time again. All the predictions made twenty years ago, ten years ago, two years ago... All wrong. 

Shortage of water due to overpopulation is a huge problem. The natural warming/cooling cycles of the earth are beyond our control.

Human "carbon emissions" are not one of the main problems that the planet is facing, by a long shot.You're on a wild goose chase.

I don't recall mentioning CNN. What are you talking about? Are you saying the stock market isn't down?

But if you think that climate change has been proven to be false time and time again, there's really no arguing with delusion. You just have to smile politely and move on to people who live in the real world.

19 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The reality is violent protests in the streets of Paris.   And that ain't no joke to Macron and the globalists.

Yes, right-wingers like violent protests and then they like to sanctimoniously condemn peaceful protests among left-wingers, like Antifa. It's typical to their hypocrisy on nearly every issue. 

Yes, I suppose they have a tendency to get in altercations with cars, but that's usually because of the incel Trump supporters running them over.

19 hours ago, Wilber said:

Then what does not being a US citizen have to do with commenting on US politics? Hypocrite.

Everything has context...you use to preface your comments with an admission of not being a U.S. citizen and/or Americans can do what they want with their own country.   The same is true for Canada/Canadians.    So what changed ?

55 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Incel..     antifa.    Advocates violence so should be designated a domestic terror organization. https://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/01/antifa-charlottesville-violence-fbi-242235

But there is no organization whatsoever.  What if all it is is a buzzword and bogeyman derived from Russian Facebook content creators?

I agree that those who advocate and commit violence should never be supported. How do you feel about the fact that right-wing domestic terror is surging and the number of incidents overwhelms any left-wing terror events you speak of? Why do you only worry about the teenagers getting run over by cars in antifa?

4 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Yes, right-wingers like violent protests and then they like to sanctimoniously condemn peaceful protests among left-wingers, like Antifa. It's typical to their hypocrisy on nearly every issue. 

Antifa is violent, and you know that.

FYI the protests in France are by people protesting taxes as well as the usual malcontented sort who protest against everything..

4 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

I don't recall mentioning CNN. What are you talking about? Are you saying the stock market isn't down?

But if you think that climate change has been proven to be false time and time again, there's really no arguing with delusion. You just have to smile politely and move on to people who live in the real world.

I just assume that certain people watch CNN, MSNBC, etc, based on the types of things they say. Like for example, when they say that the stock market is down when it is actually 33% higher than it has ever been. That's a CCNer type of comment. Not a lot of other people tend to say such ridiculous things, such obvious falsehoods.

https://www.macrotrends.net/1358/dow-jones-industrial-average-last-10-years

There ya go. You just have to look at it, and the info is right there for you to see. No speculation, no guesswork, no denying. Just an actual fact staring you right in the face.

1 hour ago, BubberMiley said:

But there is no organization whatsoever.  What if all it is is a buzzword and bogeyman derived from Russian Facebook content creators?

I agree that those who advocate and commit violence should never be supported. How do you feel about the fact that right-wing domestic terror is surging and the number of incidents overwhelms any left-wing terror events you speak of? Why do you only worry about the teenagers getting run over by cars in antifa?

That's another load of BS. Just like saying that "white, right wing males are committing more terrorist acts than jihadis". Believe it or not that's a comment that is making it's rounds too. 

Antifa and BLM are responsible for all but 1 notable incident in the US over the last 3 years. There were dozens if not hundreds of riots all across the US in that time, even on the Berkeley campus. Just 1 right-wing mob in Charlottesville. 

• Thanks 1

Exactly - I certainly don't like violence so characterizing right wingers as liking it is just more B.S.   

Antifa is a far left radical organization  using social media and web sites etc.  they might not have a hierarchical structure but they certainly  are militant and violent knowing  when to show up dressed in black with faces covered of course.    They seem to think that violent property damage and throwing Molotov cocktails is  AOK while shutting  down free speech and threatening and attacking anyone with whom they disagree.    Generally pretty nasty violent people. 

19 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

That's another load of BS. Just like saying that "white, right wing males are committing more terrorist acts than jihadis". Believe it or not that's a comment that is making it's rounds too. 

Antifa and BLM are responsible for all but 1 notable incident in the US over the last 3 years. There were dozens if not hundreds of riots all across the US in that time, even on the Berkeley campus. Just 1 right-wing mob in Charlottesville. 

I can see why you wouldn't want to include a citation with your data, since you just made it up.  Unfortunately, two-thirds of U.S. terrorism can be blamed on right wing extremists. I suppose though that, like with climate change, no objective data will sway your unfounded opinions.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2018/09/12/study-shows-two-thirds-us-terrorism-tied-right-wing-extremists

On 12/5/2018 at 6:48 PM, Wilber said:

Wilber, the only thing that surprises me is that this thread has actually become more jingoistic than it was when you started it. I think there's enough trolls under the bridge at this point.