Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Iznogoud

The Slow Painful Death of the Trump Administration

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Boges said:

Probably because the people that watch CNN love the Schadenfreude of this POTUS being an crazy, immature, impulsive, crude person. . . and constantly proving it. 

I love how people, Trump included, assume media reports on the Investigation is all the information available. We still don't know what the people who are co-operating with the FBI are saying. We have no idea what Flynn has said.

TBH Cohen has already implicated Trump in a crime. He's going to jail for 3 years. If Trump wasn't POTUS, he's be right behind Cohen. 

People who don't see a crime are putting their head in the sands. Everything Trump has done regarding his election is under investigation. And not by the "Dems!" by Law Enforcement. Now in January the Dems get to investigate Trump and they aren't going to be hush hush about it like Mueller has. 

It's going to get a lot worse for Trump. 

 

Dream on. Trump has Mueller and the rest of the swampsters in his gun sights. It all is just a matter of time for Trump to take out those swampsters. It's going to get a lot worse for Trump's enemies in the new year. Yahoo cowboy. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ironstone said:

Can anyone here please clearly define what crimes were committed by Trump?Specifically,what laws were broken? What  irrefutable evidence and facts are publicly known?

I see vastly differing opinions on the major networks. Unfortunately for Trump,it seems nobody at the top of the big law enforcement agencies has written a letter of exoneration before the case has been thoroughly examined,like was done for Hillary Clinton. Anybody see any bias there?

There were no crimes committed by Trump at all otherwise Trump would have been charged and arrested and tried and convicted for committing some crime by now. The swampsters are getting scared and desperate and they have declared war on Trump a war that they will lose. Trump is draining and cleaning the swamp slowly but surely of his swampster enemies. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ironstone said:

I'm not what one would call a Trump supporter to be fair. I do believe that Trump,like any other American, does deserve due process. If you watch CNN or MSNBC you would think that he is without a doubt,guilty. I'm of the impression that what he's accused of doing or has done isn't clearly defined as a crime.

So he praises Putin, Kim and supports Saudi Arabia,how is that different from Canada's Justin Trudeau who openly expresses admiration for Fidel Castro and the Chinese dictatorship to name but two?

You seem to be unaware of Hillary Clinton's ties to Russia. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

Politicians lie? Wow that's news to me! It's fair to criticize Trump of course,but only someone that is willfully blind believes his 2016 opponent wasn't deeply flawed to put it mildly.Enough with the drama queen routine.

Sentence no.1: fair comment

Sentence no.2:No different and if you read my posts on here I criticize Trudeau just as much but I do concede its not illegal for him to have these opinions I just question his moral values and Trudeaus for the same reasons who they support and admire speaks loudly and look at China making an idiot of Trudeau now kidnapping Canadians while he stutters 

Sentence no.3: I am very well aware of her ties with China not Russia and her ties with other criminls, pedophile rings, on and on not to mention her Saudi Arabian spy mistress

Sentence no,.4: Trump is as low as it gets - for you to even attempt to defend what he has done is sorry but lacking in credibility of any kind-yes all politicians are liars its inherent with the  job but to the extent he has stained Potus-to taint it with so many convicted criminals and firings and the continuous display of ignorant, illiterate diatribes?

The great democracy in the world has been lowered to a laughing stock and I believe that is exactly what Putin wants and manipulates with his puppet. For the US to pull out of Syria at this juncture and then for him to say he has the backing of dead soldiers-come on man what world are you in where that passes as credible? He's a Putin stooge. Putin has pictures of him being pissed on by Melania and others. Period. We have a pathological lying narcissist being blackmailed. 

The only thing keeping Trump alive and in office is that the Army Intelligence community is keeping him there for now reluctantly. The CIA, FBI, Homeland Security, all compromised by Obama and Army Intelligence does not trust them so keeps Trump in for now as an offset to them. 

There is a major behind the scene battle going on between past Obama supporters he placed in the intelligence community and traditional US military who disagreed with Obama.  Now we have a new development and that is Trump pulling troops out of Syria based on a Putin command. Any support he had from the Pentagon an US Army is over as of today. That was the last nail in the coffin for him and I believe Putin played that hand because he expects Trump gone within the next year.

You mark my words, Trump will have no choice but to leave in a deal to protect his idiot boys from going to jail. Pence is all but gone. The noose is tightening.

Now the million dollar question is what do they do? Pence is no longer the designated replacement. He was in charge of the Trump election campaign and has Russian filth all over him.

So who comes in? Constitutionally it would be the Speaker of the Senate if there is no sitting Vice President. Its a very serious mess and at a time when no one has the power like the US to keep China at bay. The vacuum in the US leadership has embolded the Stalinesque leader of China who makes Mao look like a pussy willow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/politics/donald-trump-james-mattis-out/index.html

Defense Secretary Mattis has now quit.  That's another grownup that stood between President 45 and chaos.  We are two weeks away from 2 years of US government deadlock.  Let's hope there is no external crisis anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Iznogoud said:

First of all this is a thread about Trump.  Feel free to start one to discuss the deficiencies of Canada and Canadian politics if you wish.

Second, it appears that the many Russian postings have completely taken you in.  What you refer to as the lying liberal media is actually telling the truth and the sources you quote to support your views are little more than shills for Trump.  You'll see the truth of this soon enough if you haven't figured it out already.  Hardly a week goes by without some further revelation of Trump's misdeeds.  This week it was the shutting down of his so-called charitable foundation, which it turns out was completely fraudulent.  The details of Mueller's investigation are going to come out soon and it will almost certainly be devastating to the Trump cause. 

And you are still making the mistake of someone who has no argument, relying on name-calling and deflection in an attempt to make your point.  I really do wish you would actually post something relevant and then we could have a proper discussion.

Why should myself or anyone else believe what you are saying here is true and that the leftist lying liberal media is telling the truth? What proof do you have that they are telling the truth? Where's the beef? From what I have been reading on those shill websites that I enjoy visiting appears to me to be telling the truth. So, who is right? Your sources or my sources? 

There will never be a week that will go by where the leftist lying liberal media actors and activists will take a break from attacking Trump on his so called misdeeds. That is all they live for and are being paid big bucks to do so. Trump is not doing a thing that is hurting you nor me one bit but yet you pretty much hate the guy. You only hate Trump because the lying media has conditioned and lied to you to hate Trump. Those media liars work for the swampsters and for the people who they are trying to cover up and protect them from their crimes who have been involved in a lot more crimes than you can ever imagine. 

Mueller is a swampster loser and was put in their by the swampsters to do just one thing only? Go get Trump on anything. So far, nuttin'. What do you have on Trump that you can stick on him? Go ahead make your day. So, let's now have a proper discussion on what I just said above and replied to you? Everything I have said above is all relevant to the lies and deceit that is coming from the liberal democrats.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Defense Secretary Mattis has now quit.  That's another grownup that stood between President 45 and chaos.  We are two weeks away from 2 years of US government deadlock.  Let's hope there is no external crisis anytime soon.

 

<Why ?    Can't Trudeau / Canada handle it ?>  /s

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, taxme said:

Why should myself or anyone else believe what you are saying here is true and that the leftist lying liberal media is telling the truth? What proof do you have that they are telling the truth? Where's the beef? From what I have been reading on those shill websites that I enjoy visiting appears to me to be telling the truth. So, who is right? Your sources or my sources? 

There will never be a week that will go by where the leftist lying liberal media actors and activists will take a break from attacking Trump on his so called misdeeds. That is all they live for and are being paid big bucks to do so. Trump is not doing a thing that is hurting you nor me one bit but yet you pretty much hate the guy. You only hate Trump because the lying media has conditioned and lied to you to hate Trump. Those media liars work for the swampsters and for the people who they are trying to cover up and protect them from their crimes who have been involved in a lot more crimes than you can ever imagine. 

Mueller is a swampster loser and was put in their by the swampsters to do just one thing only? Go get Trump on anything. So far, nuttin'. What do you have on Trump that you can stick on him? Go ahead make your day. So, let's now have a proper discussion on what I just said above and replied to you? Everything I have said above is all relevant to the lies and deceit that is coming from the liberal democrats.   

How do you know I'm telling the truth?  Well, you could try checking the numerous mainstream media sites instead of relying on FOX and other Trump apologists.  You could also consider the fact that over 30 of Trump's associates have been indicted on criminal charges and that Trump himself has been named in several of those indictments.  You could also stop misidentifying the people you call "swampsters."  Take a look at the people Trump surrounded him with when he first took office.  Many of them were exactly the sort of people he vowed to get rid of and many of them are still parts of his administration. 

Trump in fact has done considerable damage to the United States.  I don't think he has done much damage to Canada, but it is not for want of trying with his unnecessary tariffs.  However, during his short two years this is what he has achieved:

He has cozied up to the US' most dangerous enemy - namely Russia while at the same time alienating the nations he needs as US allies.

He started an unnecessary trade war with China and the EU.

He has harmed the average US citizen by encouraging organizations that are harmful to the US like the NRA and attempted to weaken social program like healthcare. 

He has implemented a disastrous tax policy which has the US National Debt growing at an unsupportable rate. 

Trump's only saving grace is the fact that he is so incompetent that he has failed to get done much of what he promised.  He has squandered his first two years and now that the Democrats are going to take over the House his chances of getting anything else done are about zero. 

 

I think it might be useful to for you stop being a fan of Trump and look at what he has actually done.  He is not a sporting team to be supported no matter how badly he performs.  He is the president of the United States and should judged on his performance, which is pretty bad so far. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Iznogoud said:

I think it might be useful to for you stop being a fan of Trump and look at what he has actually done.  He is not a sporting team to be supported no matter how badly he performs.  He is the president of the United States and should judged on his performance, which is pretty bad so far.

 

He is being judged on his performance....some good...some bad...same as any other U.S. president.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 3:14 AM, Iznogoud said:

Kaepernick - Nike. 

Nike’s Colin Kaepernick ad sparked a boycott — and earned $6 billion for Nike  https://www.vox.com/2018/9/24/17895704/nike-colin-kaepernick-boycott-6-billion

One thing I like about Canada is that we can be patriotic without paying lip service to nonsense like kissing the flag or singing the national anthem.  You probably can in the US too. 

Actually the US has declined quite a bit in world rankings so there are a lot of nations including Canada that are better places to live.  However, we seem to be drifting off topic.  This thread is about the Trump; not football players; not national anthems; and not the superiority or inferiority of other nations.  You could start a thread on those topics if you wish. 

I totally forgot about his Nike ad. Thank god I bought Under Armour shoes last month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 11:54 PM, Iznogoud said:

First of all this is a thread about Trump.  Feel free to start one to discuss the deficiencies of Canada and Canadian politics if you wish.

Second, it appears that the many Russian postings have completely taken you in.  What you refer to as the lying liberal media is actually telling the truth and the sources you quote to support your views are little more than shills for Trump.  You'll see the truth of this soon enough if you haven't figured it out already.  Hardly a week goes by without some further revelation of Trump's misdeeds.  This week it was the shutting down of his so-called charitable foundation, which it turns out was completely fraudulent.  The details of Mueller's investigation are going to come out soon and it will almost certainly be devastating to the Trump cause. 

And you are still making the mistake of someone who has no argument, relying on name-calling and deflection in an attempt to make your point.  I really do wish you would actually post something relevant and then we could have a proper discussion.

First, the post you’re referring to was about demented Canadians watching left wing “news”, not Canadian politics.

Second, CNN’s lies are what are being discussed, not Russian trolling.

No doubt Mueller’s findings will appear devastating to people who believe that Trump getting an NDA signed was worse than Clinton lying under oath and witness tampering. The same people who think that Kaepernick has a right to promote his own political views at his place of work. The same people who believe that Trump committed treason by joking that the Russians should look for the 33,000 missing emails. The same people who think Comey, the leaker who lied under oath and “couldn’t remember 245 times in one day, is a man of integrity. The same people who thought that families had never been separated at the border before Trump became President. The same people who believe a CNN “anonymous source” over 5 or more people in a room who are willing to go on the record. The same people who believe that Avanatti’s client went to ten Kavanaugh rape parties. The same people who don’t know anything about top FBI officials getting fired and demoted despite watching “the news” every day for the past two years.

Do you get why I don’t give a crap what CNN and their idiotic viewers think? 

Mueller hired the sleaziest, most partisan hacks he could find to take down Trump any way he could. They pushed the bogus Steele dossier through the FISA court when they new it was crap and like I said before, if they can’t make a compelling Russian collusion case those guys are going to be screwed for lying to the FISA court.

 

Edited by WestCanMan
Added awesomeness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

First, the post you’re referring to was about demented Canadians watching left wing “news”, not Canadian politics.

Second, CNN’s lies are what are being discussed, not Russian trolling.

No doubt Mueller’s findings will appear devastating to people who believe that Trump getting an NDA signed was worse than Clinton lying under oath and witness tampering. The same people who think that Kaepernick has a right to promote his own political views at his place of work. The same people who believe that Trump committed treason by joking that the Russians should look for the 33,000 missing emails. The same people who think Comey, the leaker who lied under oath and “couldn’t remember 245 times in one day, is a man of integrity. The same people who thought that families had never been separated at the border before Trump became President. The same people who believe a CNN “anonymous source” over 5 or more people in a room who are willing to go on the record. The same people who believe that Avanatti’s client went to ten Kavanaugh rape parties. The same people who don’t know anything about top FBI officials getting fired and demoted despite watching “the news” every day for the past two years.

Do you get why I don’t give a crap what CNN and their idiotic viewers think? 

Mueller hired the sleaziest, most partisan hacks he could find to take down Trump any way he could. They pushed the bogus Steele dossier through the FISA court when they new it was crap and like I said before, if they can’t make a compelling Russian collusion case those guys are going to be screwed for lying to the FISA court.

 

I'm sorry, but you are confusing political knowledge with fandom.  As a fan you tend to overlook or deliberately ignore Trump's continual failures and possible criminal actions.  I suppose you firmly support his addlelbrained decision today to pull troops out of Syria, abandoning US allies in the process, or his foolish decision to deliberately shut down the US government.  As the title of the thread states the Trump administration is slowly and painfully dying.  Each day brings it one step closer to to complete irrelevance.  His supporters are not going to get their wall - an idea that never made any sense in the first place and the promised jobs in the coal industry are simply not going to materialize. And now you have the last adult in the room resigning, leaving Trump's government pretty much filled with the swamp-life he selected for his cabinet and little else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So let's forget about the Russia Investigation and the crimes Trump has committed. 

It really looks like he's trying to get impeached. 

How do you ignore the advice of your hand picked Defence Secretary and give up Syria to Russia and Iran? HOW?!?!?! If that isn't evidence that he's in the pocket of Putin, I don't know what is. 

And then, yesterday, he stabs Mitch McConnell in the back and flip flops on a spending Bill because Rush and Ann said mean to stuff to him on TV. He couldn't get funding for the Wall on the floor of Congress during his first two years and now on the Eve of losing the House he throws a Temper Tantrum and is about to shut down the government on CHRISTMAS!!!!!

How do Senate Republicans not stand up to this crazy man? I can see them meeting with Pence to ask him to take control of the Party while they still have a party to salvage. 

BTW to a certain member that resents Canadians commenting on American Policy. This is why we do it. This drama is fascinating!!!! The 2008 attempted coupe of Parliament has nothing on this shit. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Dear Mr. President:

I have been privileged to serve as our country's 26th Secretary of Defense which has allowed me to serve alongside our men and women of the Department in defense of our citizens and our ideals.

I am proud of the progress that has been made over the past two years on some of the key goals articulated in our National Defense Strategy: putting the Department on a more sound budgetary footing, improving readiness and lethality in our forces, and reforming the Department's business practices for greater performance. Our troops continue to provide the capabilities needed to prevail in conflict and sustain strong U.S. global influence.

One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricably linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships. While the US remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or serve that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies. Like you, I have said from the beginning that the armed forces of the United States should not be the policeman of the world. Instead, we must use all tools of American power to provide for the common defense, including providing effective leadership to our alliances. NATO's 29 democracies demonstrated that strength in their commitment to fighting alongside us following the 9-11 attack on America. The Defeat-ISIS coalition of 74 nations is further proof.

Similarly, I believe we must be resolute and unambiguous in our approach to those countries whose strategic interests are increasingly in tension with ours. It is clear that China and Russia, for example, want to shape a world consistent with their authoritarian model - gaining veto authority over other nations' economic, diplomatic, and security decisions - to promote their own interests at the expense of their neighbors, America and our allies. That is why we must use all the tools of American power to provide for the common defense.

My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues. We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances.

Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position. The end date for my tenure is February 28, 2019, a date that should allow sufficient time for a successor to be nominated and confirmed as well as to make sure the Department's interests are properly articulated and protected at upcoming events to include Congressional posture hearings and the NATO Defense Ministerial meeting in February. Further, that a full transition to a new Secretary of Defense occurs well in advance of the transition of Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in September in order to ensure stability Within the Department.

I pledge my full effort to a smooth transition that ensures the needs and interests of the 2.15 million Service Members and 732,079 DoD civilians receive undistracted attention of the Department at all times so that they can fulfill their critical, round-the-clock mission to protect the American people.

I very much appreciate this opportunity to serve the nation and our men and women in uniform.

 

Mic Drop. 

Edited by Boges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Iznogoud said:

I'm sorry, but you are confusing political knowledge with fandom.  As a fan you tend to overlook or deliberately ignore Trump's continual failures and possible criminal actions.  I suppose you firmly support his addlelbrained decision today to pull troops out of Syria, abandoning US allies in the process, or his foolish decision to deliberately shut down the US government.  As the title of the thread states the Trump administration is slowly and painfully dying.  Each day brings it one step closer to to complete irrelevance.  His supporters are not going to get their wall - an idea that never made any sense in the first place and the promised jobs in the coal industry are simply not going to materialize. And now you have the last adult in the room resigning, leaving Trump's government pretty much filled with the swamp-life he selected for his cabinet and little else. 

So you’re replying with a cutesy insult because you can’t face facts. 

FYI I acknowledge Trump’s main faults: hubris, name-calling, cheating on his wives...  He’s hard to like. But fwiw CNN is even worse for name-calling. Watch one of their shows: it’s a 30 minute long insult, full of accusations, anonymous sources, lies and self-corroboration.

Thanks for downgrading your stance to “possibly criminal” because I’m sick of hearing how the sky is falling just because Trump got a couple NDAs signed. 

I get why you’re calling Trump’s decision to pull troops out of Syria “addlebrained” - CNN said it. That comment will get parroted far and wide by the folks who learn by rote. Just FYI, they’re the same people who hailed Obama as a hero for pulling out of Iraq when there was NO GOVERNMENT TO SPEAK OF there to pick up the pieces. They didn’t ever hold Obama to task for that, or for incorrectly assessing Islamic State as a JV terrorist org (armed with all the weapons that Barack left behind). Yeah Trump is addlebrained and Obama was a genius dude, keep tuning into CNN to get your opinions. This is some entertaining stuff. FYI Russia is there killing Islamic State and Syria still has a government, even if it’s below average, even for the Middle East.

Trump is saving money by leaving Syria, and the US needs that money. You think it’s ridiculous to shut down the government to build the wall, just because you’re following the Dem party line that the wall is evil, racist, a waste of money, etc. FYI a wall saves money on border patrol agents who all make $50k/year plus benefits. They need less helicopters, less drones, etc. All expensive stuff to build, maintain (train mechanics, pay them), fly and store. They don’t need to process as many illegals, feed them, clothe them, shelter them etc. And all that is over the 50-100 years that a wall will last. Maybe more. They won’t need the army to come out on occasion, they won’t get the bad pr that goes along with it. How bad is the wall?

See iznogood, all the things that you call “political knowledge” are just “CNN talking points”. Watching that network is like drinking stupidity from a firehose. I don’t blame you for falling victim to one of the world’s elite propaganda outlets, nor for throwing out sandbox insults, CNN style. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Boges said:

So let's forget about the Russia Investigation and the crimes Trump has committed. 

It really looks like he's trying to get impeached. 

How do you ignore the advice of your hand picked Defence Secretary and give up Syria to Russia and Iran? HOW?!?!?! If that isn't evidence that he's in the pocket of Putin, I don't know what is. 

And then, yesterday, he stabs Mitch McConnell in the back and flip flops on a spending Bill because Rush and Ann said mean to stuff to him on TV. He couldn't get funding for the Wall on the floor of Congress during his first two years and now on the Eve of losing the House he throws a Temper Tantrum and is about to shut down the government on CHRISTMAS!!!!!

How do Senate Republicans not stand up to this crazy man? I can see them meeting with Pence to ask him to take control of the Party while they still have a party to salvage. 

BTW to a certain member that resents Canadians commenting on American Policy. This is why we do it. This drama is fascinating!!!! The 2008 attempted coupe of Parliament has nothing on this shit. 

Trump conceded Syria to those guys a week before the first gas attack. That was a long time ago. If you don’t recall, Syria was a flaming wreck with starving people everywhere. Ousting Assad was an Obama priority but his pillow-fighting technique wasn’t even working against Islamic State. He had a several year plan that was just falling further behind every day. Trump thrashed ISIS. They shrunk down to small pockets with a few months of him taking over. 

If you’re the least bit familiar with the Sun Tzu, you’d know that the cost of foreign war is and always has been staggering. Iran doesn’t have to worry though, they still have the $150 billion that Obama gave them (speaking about being in somebody’s pocket). The US will eventually shut down regardless of border wall funding if they’re constantly in a state of war.

Leaving Syria at this stage isn’t foolish. Trump’s stated goal was the destruction of isis. Dragging this out for a few more years is a waste of money. He’s not crazy for doing it lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

<Why ?    Can't Trudeau / Canada handle it ?>  

Is there no topic on this forum that you haven't brought up your PM? Don't worry. You can vote for him again next year lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Trump conceded Syria to those guys a week before the first gas attack. That was a long time ago. If you don’t recall, Syria was a flaming wreck with starving people everywhere. Ousting Assad was an Obama priority but his pillow-fighting technique wasn’t even working against Islamic State. He had a several year plan that was just falling further behind every day. Trump thrashed ISIS. They shrunk down to small pockets with a few months of him taking over. 

If you’re the least bit familiar with the Sun Tzu, you’d know that the cost of foreign war is and always has been staggering. Iran doesn’t have to worry though, they still have the $150 billion that Obama gave them (speaking about being in somebody’s pocket). The US will eventually shut down regardless of border wall funding if they’re constantly in a state of war.

Leaving Syria at this stage isn’t foolish. Trump’s stated goal was the destruction of isis. Dragging this out for a few more years is a waste of money. He’s not crazy for doing it lol.

 

He did it under orders. #pisstape 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Don Jonas said:

Is there no topic on this forum that you haven't brought up your PM? Don't worry. You can vote for him again next year lol

 

That's the best part....many Canadians worry more about a "PM" they can't even vote for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

So you’re replying with a cutesy insult because you can’t face facts. 

FYI I acknowledge Trump’s main faults: hubris, name-calling, cheating on his wives...  He’s hard to like. But fwiw CNN is even worse for name-calling. Watch one of their shows: it’s a 30 minute long insult, full of accusations, anonymous sources, lies and self-corroboration.

Thanks for downgrading your stance to “possibly criminal” because I’m sick of hearing how the sky is falling just because Trump got a couple NDAs signed. 

I get why you’re calling Trump’s decision to pull troops out of Syria “addlebrained” - CNN said it. That comment will get parroted far and wide by the folks who learn by rote. Just FYI, they’re the same people who hailed Obama as a hero for pulling out of Iraq when there was NO GOVERNMENT TO SPEAK OF there to pick up the pieces. They didn’t ever hold Obama to task for that, or for incorrectly assessing Islamic State as a JV terrorist org (armed with all the weapons that Barack left behind). Yeah Trump is addlebrained and Obama was a genius dude, keep tuning into CNN to get your opinions. This is some entertaining stuff. FYI Russia is there killing Islamic State and Syria still has a government, even if it’s below average, even for the Middle East.

Trump is saving money by leaving Syria, and the US needs that money. You think it’s ridiculous to shut down the government to build the wall, just because you’re following the Dem party line that the wall is evil, racist, a waste of money, etc. FYI a wall saves money on border patrol agents who all make $50k/year plus benefits. They need less helicopters, less drones, etc. All expensive stuff to build, maintain (train mechanics, pay them), fly and store. They don’t need to process as many illegals, feed them, clothe them, shelter them etc. And all that is over the 50-100 years that a wall will last. Maybe more. They won’t need the army to come out on occasion, they won’t get the bad pr that goes along with it. How bad is the wall?

See iznogood, all the things that you call “political knowledge” are just “CNN talking points”. Watching that network is like drinking stupidity from a firehose. I don’t blame you for falling victim to one of the world’s elite propaganda outlets, nor for throwing out sandbox insults, CNN style. 

 

I'm not concerned with CNN.  You seem to be fixated on that network, probably because it actually dares to report what Trump actually does.  And you are completely wrong about the effect of Trump's actions regarding the last week and the wall. 

The last few days have been a complete disaster for Trump.  First of all he forced an unnecessary shutdown of the US government, depriving tens of thousands of government employees of their paychecks.  Then his defence secretary resigned because Trump would not accept the advice of a military expert.  And then he did exactly what you just criticized Obama for - he pulled troops out of a critical region before the enemy was completely defeated.  What this means is that another president will probably have to send the troops back in wasting vastly more money than the so-called savings you mentioned. 

As for the wall it is useless without the very people you claimed it would replace.  The wall, if constructed to Trump's original specifications was estimated to cost about $25 billion.  If it was built (which it probably never will be), it would have to be maintained, probably at a cost of several hundred million a year given that it would have to be about 3000 km. long.  Then it would have to be patrolled.  After all, Mexicans have shown that they are quite adept at building tunnels and I suspect they could even build ladders.  In addition, the wall would cut through areas of farmland near the border, actually placing some areas of the US on the Mexican side of the wall.  Also it cannot be built through the parks that border the Rio Grande allowing them to be used as continued access points.  And finally most illegal immigrants to the US do not come illegally across the border.  A lot of them fly into the US and enter through airports while still more are brought in as temporary labourers who then decide to stay.

Just for fun let's compare the cost of the with simply hiring more border guards.  We'll use your figure of $50,000 a year for these guards.  If 1000 more of them were hired it would cost $50 million a year.  If 10,000 more of them were hired it would cost 500 million a year.  Looks like they would be a bargain compared to the cost of the wall. 

BTW my news sources include the following - CBC News, CTV News, Global News, BBC News, and various online news sites.  Note I do not use CNN as a news source or any other US network news sites.   

I await your reply - I am especially interested in your analysis of Trump's knowledge compare to that of General Mattis and your math on the wall. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Iznogoud said:

I'm not concerned with CNN.  You seem to be fixated on that network, probably because it actually dares to report what Trump actually does.  And you are completely wrong about the effect of Trump's actions regarding the last week and the wall. 

The last few days have been a complete disaster for Trump.  First of all he forced an unnecessary shutdown of the US government, depriving tens of thousands of government employees of their paychecks.  Then his defence secretary resigned because Trump would not accept the advice of a military expert.  And then he did exactly what you just criticized Obama for - he pulled troops out of a critical region before the enemy was completely defeated.  What this means is that another president will probably have to send the troops back in wasting vastly more money than the so-called savings you mentioned. 

As for the wall it is useless without the very people you claimed it would replace.  The wall, if constructed to Trump's original specifications was estimated to cost about $25 billion.  If it was built (which it probably never will be), it would have to be maintained, probably at a cost of several hundred million a year given that it would have to be about 3000 km. long.  Then it would have to be patrolled.  After all, Mexicans have shown that they are quite adept at building tunnels and I suspect they could even build ladders.  In addition, the wall would cut through areas of farmland near the border, actually placing some areas of the US on the Mexican side of the wall.  Also it cannot be built through the parks that border the Rio Grande allowing them to be used as continued access points.  And finally most illegal immigrants to the US do not come illegally across the border.  A lot of them fly into the US and enter through airports while still more are brought in as temporary labourers who then decide to stay.

Just for fun let's compare the cost of the with simply hiring more border guards.  We'll use your figure of $50,000 a year for these guards.  If 1000 more of them were hired it would cost $50 million a year.  If 10,000 more of them were hired it would cost 500 million a year.  Looks like they would be a bargain compared to the cost of the wall. 

BTW my news sources include the following - CBC News, CTV News, Global News, BBC News, and various online news sites.  Note I do not use CNN as a news source or any other US network news sites.   

I await your reply - I am especially interested in your analysis of Trump's knowledge compare to that of General Mattis and your math on the wall. 

 

Re: Isis, Russia and Syria can handle that now. Problem solved, money saved. 

 

The border will still need agents, but only a fraction of what they would need otherwise. And your math is way off. I said $50k plus benefits. Add 20% to 40% to those totals you did earlier. Then add the cost for more helicopters and drones and the training and salaries of staff to fly them and maintain them, the cost of fuel.  Plus k9 units and lawyers and and bills for a lot more detainees including, but not limited to, medical treatments, clothes, food, shelter etc. All that plus an increased number of illegals, which has additional costs including the infrastructure for tens of thousands of extra people, so the need for more ICE agents working inside the country. Times 50 years. 

You’re only looking at one single aspect of the border expenses, and ignoring the fact that the wall is just more effective. 

 

General Mattis is concerned with one aspect of the government. He wanted his way in Syria. Trump is concerned with every aspect of the government, including the budget. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

That's the best part....many Canadians worry more about a "PM" they can't even vote for.

You don't need to worry so much. Not to the point of bringing it up in every conversation. That's bordering on obsessive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Don Jonas said:

You don't need to worry so much. Not to the point of bringing it up in every conversation. That's bordering on obsessive. 

 

When in Rome....do as the Romans do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2018 at 8:25 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

He is being judged on his performance....some good...some bad...same as any other U.S. president.

Is there anything good that Trump has done?

 

a wall in your future.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Re: Isis, Russia and Syria can handle that now. Problem solved, money saved. 

 

The border will still need agents, but only a fraction of what they would need otherwise. And your math is way off. I said $50k plus benefits. Add 20% to 40% to those totals you did earlier. Then add the cost for more helicopters and drones and the training and salaries of staff to fly them and maintain them, the cost of fuel.  Plus k9 units and lawyers and and bills for a lot more detainees including, but not limited to, medical treatments, clothes, food, shelter etc. All that plus an increased number of illegals, which has additional costs including the infrastructure for tens of thousands of extra people, so the need for more ICE agents working inside the country. Times 50 years. 

You’re only looking at one single aspect of the border expenses, and ignoring the fact that the wall is just more effective. 

 

General Mattis is concerned with one aspect of the government. He wanted his way in Syria. Trump is concerned with every aspect of the government, including the budget. 

Russia and Syria?  So conceding the Middle east to the Russia and Iran is your solution?  That will certainly go down well with the GOP.  This is just going to be another nail in the Trump coffin. 

I don't see anything in your numbers that contradict mine.  The wall is an expensive boondoggle.  Fortunately it will never be built.  BTW, the number of illegals attempting to cross the border has declined considerably in the last decade so there is actually less need of a wall or even border agents than before.  Most of the concern over border crossing has been generated due to the hot air coming from Trump, and not any increase in actual border crossings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...