Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

The Slow Painful Death of the Trump Administration


Iznogoud

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Even if they have a higher percentage of informed voters, that isn't most of the voters, not even close, most voters on both sides of aisle are ill informed, just because they didn't vote for Trump is not proof of being informed.

You just contradicted yourself so try a little harder. But I'll set you straight on one thing, you have no idea who are "ill informed" but we do know who are more educated. Educated. informed, they do tend to go hand in hand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Owly said:

You just contradicted yourself so try a little harder. But I'll set you straight on one thing, you have no idea who are "ill informed" but we do know who are more educated. Educated. informed, they do tend to go hand in hand.

No they don't. Plenty of highly educated people are politically ignorant, most are in fact. Most uneducated voters are also politically ignorant, there is no major group in the world, who isn't filled with a strong majority of the politically ignorant.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

How did playing the high brow finger wagger card work for Hillary Clinton? Not very well, so go ahead and double down on that obviously failed strategy, silly Democrats. Chastising voters for not being informed enough to vote for you, basket of deplorables style, isn't a winning hand.

Let me attempt to inform you once again, the popular vote went to Hillary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

How did playing the high brow finger wagger card work for Hillary Clinton? Not very well, so go ahead and double down on that obviously failed strategy, silly Democrats.

 

American presidential elections are long, grueling slugfests at the street/local level for primary wins and general election, not academic debates by informed, smug elites.

Clinton refused to get into the mud with Trump, his strong suite...and she lost. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Owly said:

Let me attempt to inform you once again, the popular vote went to Hillary.

Higher popularity in New York and California has nothing to do with a well informed populace. Winning the popular vote isn't an indication that you are the choice of the politically well informed, neither is winning the EC.

Appealing to the well informed is not the way to win a popularity contest, whether that contest is determined by EC, or national popular vote, that doesn't matter. That's all an election is, a popularity contest, it has very little to do with winning over people in the know.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes...in fact...the self appointed "well informed" had never gotten it so wrong as they did in 2016.

If they are so well informed, then how come they never saw it coming? Wishful thinking is a helluva drug, the lies that the self appointed "well informed" tell themselves to make excuses for their loss, have nothing to do with reality.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Higher popularity in New York and California has nothing to do with a well informed populace. Winning the popular vote isn't an indication that you are the choice of the politically well informed, neither is winning the EC.

Winning the popular vote means you are the choice of most of the voters. You can only speculate as you wish as to whether those who voted were informned or not. Your assumptions are amazing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Owly said:

Winning the popular vote means you are the choice of most of the voters. You can only speculate as you wish as to whether those who voted were informned or not. Your assumptions are amazing.

My assumptions are based on political experience, your assumptions are based on wishful thinking. It's pretty clear which one of us is on more solid ground here.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

If they are so well informed, then how come they never saw it coming? Wishful thinking is a helluva drug, the lies that the self appointed "well informed" tell themselves to make excuses for their loss, have nothing to do with reality.

 

Agreed...the "well informed" fantasized about a "blue wall" that would make Clinton president...and they insisted that Trump had to win Florida as well.

They were very wrong on both counts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Agreed...the "well informed" fantasized about a "blue wall" that would make Clinton president...and they insisted that Trump had to win Florida as well.

They were very wrong on both counts.

They fantasized about a Blue Wave in 2018 too, and then lost seats in the Senate, sad.

It's all wishful thinking, and every time that is shown to be the case, they simply go even deeper into denial, cognitive dissonance is a helluva drug.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

My assumptions are based on political experience, your assumptions are based on wishful thinking. It's pretty clear which one of is on more solid ground here.

I'm not talking assumptions so much as stating facts. Unless you are sucked in enough by Trump to believe his loss of the popular vote was created by Canadians casting fake ballots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Owly said:

I'm not talking assumptions so much as stating facts. Unless you are sucked in enough by Trump to believe his loss of the popular vote was created by Canadians casting fake ballots.

Trump lost the popular vote, because he didn't care about running up the victory margin in New York and California, and decided to focus on winning more votes in states that actually helped win him the election. 

He lost a game he wasn't even playing. Whoop dee do.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Trump lost the popular vote, because he didn't care about running up the victory margin in New York and California, he lost a game he wasn't even playing. Whoop dee do.

Well at least you finally coming to understand he lost it. But he still won. Democracy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Trump lost the popular vote, because he didn't care about running up the victory margin in New York and California, he lost a game he wasn't even playing. Whoop dee do.

 

Yes...one would think that the elite, well informed would know the rules of the game.    So they lost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Owly said:

Um, you are aware of what occured in the house, or have you got your head in Trump sand box?

Are you aware that Obama got smacked a lot harder in the house in 2010 than Trump did in 2018? Obama lost senate seats too, while Trump gained Senate seats, and yet Obama easily coasted to re-election anyway, despite doing much worse in the mid-terms than Trump. You clearly put way too much stake in the outcome of mid-terms , because it fits your wishful thinking narrative.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Are you aware that Obama got smacked a lot harder in the house in 2010 than Trump did in 2018, and yet easily coasted to re-election anyway? You clearly put way too much stake in the outcome of mid-terms , because it fits your wishful thinking narrative.

Are you aware Obama won the pop vote as well as the ec vote twice?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Owly said:

Are you aware Obama won the pop vote as well as the ec vote twice?

Obviously. Trump will win the EC twice as well, and he'll win the popular vote in 2020 too. Trump did better than Obama in his first mid-terms, yet to you, that's an indication of Trump's doom, when it was nowhere close to doom for Obama.

Wishful Thinking is a helluva drug.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Obviously. Trump will the EC twice as well, and he'll win the popular vote this time too.

The EC is biased and we shall see about the popular. There is a movement gathering speed there now which is prompting toi get the younger educated folks off their bums to go vote this time. If that happens, B'bye Trump.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Most Democrat voters, don't like the Democrats for the same reasons that Owly does, if Owly thinks otherwise, that is an obvious example of projecting on the electorate.

Yeah, that makes sense!. Maybe you should hook up with bc04, he's more in line with ya. Ta ta.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Owly said:

The EC is biased and we shall see about the popular. There is a movement gathering speed there now which is prompting toi get the younger educated folks off their bums to go vote this time. If that happens, B'bye Trump.

That won't happen. The older voters, who are a larger voting block, and who reliably show up to vote, will be turned off by the naive extremism of younger voters and their autistic screeching, yet that vocal minority are completely unreliable, they just want to sit on their ass and complain instead.

Obvious mismatch is obvious, unless you are blinded by obvious wishful thinking.

Millenials will be the doom of Trump? I think not. If Trump somehow loses in 2020, it will be because he didn't win enough support of suburban women in key rust belt states, Millenials will have little to do with it.

Suburban women in the rust belt, will likely side with Trump over some Democrat doing their best AOC impression. Far-left nonsense doesn't fly with them.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

That won't happen. The older voters, who are a larger voting block, and who reliably show up to vote, will be turned off by the naive extremism of younger voters and their autistic screeching, yet that vocal minority are completely unreliable, they just want to sit on their ass and complain instead.

Obvious mismatch is obvious, unless you are blinded by obvious wishful thinking.

Millenials will be the doom of Trump? I think not.

"Autistic screeching"? OMG. Anyway if the more educated folk get out and casta ballot as they have said they will do, B'bye Trump.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...