Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Selivan

Poor, Poor Americans ...

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

But that is exactly what happened in Canadian media when they announced the new $10 Viola Desmond bill.   A perfect example of cultural dominance and deference, Rosa Parks was invoked as the brave reason and example for Desmond's honour on the new bill, even though Desmond did it years earlier !

Can't make this stuff up....Canadian media often defines things in American terms to help Canadians understand their own country.

Canada has a proud anti-slavery history.  Look up the Underground Railroad.  We also have a very long established black community in Nova Scotia.  Let’s not be self-righteous about this.  Slavery was legal in the British Empire until 1832. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada has a proud anti-slavery history.  Look up the Underground Railroad.  We also have a very long established black community in Nova Scotia.  Let’s not be self-righteous about this.  Slavery was legal in the British Empire until 1832. 

 

Not a lot of sugar cane in Canada...or cotton.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, taxme said:

Canadians are just followers of America. If the Americans do it on TV then we must also do it in Canada. Desmond was a nobody up to a year ago. Now she is a hero. Go figure. 

Canada likes to compete with America on everything. I prefer to watch American TV rather than Canadian TV. Sad to say but Canadian productions are mostly boring, with maybe a couple of exceptions, and I believe that I am not the only one that thinks like that. Otherwise if Canadian TV was all that great than Canadians would have got rid of their American TV channels decades ago. I mostly watch Canadian TV for the news and that is it. Sad, isn't it? :( Canadians are very good at making things up and trying to make it appear as though Canada is better than America and that Canada is the greatest nation and show on earth yet Canadians enjoy watching more American TV than Canadian TV. I remember the old days living in Montreal and had I had a french friend who's family always watched American TV and that is where they learned how to speak English and quite well all six of them. Even in Quebec, the french watch more American TV than Canadian TV other than their own french TV channels for their news. Poor, poor old Canada. It tries to compete with America but it is not working out all that well for Canada. Don't get me wrong here. I love my country but I do not enjoy watching our politicians trying to destroy Canada every day of what once was a great proud Canadian nation. Poor, poor Canada. Just saying. 

Read The Book of Negroes.  Your remarks are so demeaning.  Canada has a proud and interesting black history.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada has a proud anti-slavery history.  Look up the Underground Railroad.  We also have a very long established black community in Nova Scotia.  Let’s not be self-righteous about this.  Slavery was legal in the British Empire until 1832. 

 

Guess where the Underground Railroad had to start ?   Guess how the Republican Party was born ?

Besides, that wasn't the point in this case.... Viola Desmond actions against segregation in Canada years earlier was legitimized by Rosa Parks in Canadian media...many years later.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Guess where the Underground Railroad had to start ?   Guess how the Republican Party was born ?

Besides, that wasn't the point in this case.... Viola Desmond actions against segregation in Canada years earlier was legitimized by Rosa Parks in Canadian media...many years later.

 

The biggest holders of slaves in Canada were certain native tribes like the Haida...but that's okay.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

The biggest holders of slaves in Canada were certain native tribes like the Haida...but that's okay.

But no one in the liberal media establishment will ever bring that little tid bit up now will they? If anyone does then they will surely be called a racist. :unsure:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, taxme said:

But no one in the liberal media establishment will ever bring that little tid bit up now will they? If anyone does then they will surely be called a racist. :unsure:

 

BC is full of contradictions that defy the progressive narrative. From Sir James Douglas to yes...the Haida. They were in those days the Vikings of this region having somewhat more technology than most of the other tribes in the Pacific Northwest. Especially on zee waters... They still don't like or want your foreign outta town azz on their islands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Read The Book of Negroes.  Your remarks are so demeaning.  Canada has a proud and interesting black history.  

I cannot be bothered to read that book. Why don't you tell me a few lines from the book? Have you ever bothered to read British history and some of the wonderful things the British have done for Canada and America and the Indians? The reason that you find my remarks SO demeaning is because you are not use to hearing the other side of the story that challenges the beliefs that you have been brought up to believe in and hold on too. We are not all politically correct out here in Canada land. Some of us like to question and challenge things that are said or done. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Guess where the Underground Railroad had to start ?   Guess how the Republican Party was born ?

Besides, that wasn't the point in this case.... Viola Desmond actions against segregation in Canada years earlier was legitimized by Rosa Parks in Canadian media...many years later.

Slavery was banned in the British Empire, including Canada, long prior to the US, in case you’re comparing civil rights cred.  I’d rather be black in 1950’s Canada than 1950’s America by a country mile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Slavery was banned in the British Empire, including Canada, long prior to the US, in case you’re comparing civil rights cred.  I’d rather be black in 1950’s Canada than 1950’s America by a country mile. 

 

Easy for you to say....my "black" ancestors had no desire to be "black" in Canada.

Also, slavery continued in some regions of the British Empire, while several U.S. northern states abolished slavery long before Britain.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Easy for you to say....my "black" ancestors had no desire to be "black" in Canada.

Also, slavery continued in some regions of the British Empire.

What a white wash.  I don’t even have to try.  Lynchings,  KKK, assasination, segregation, right into the mid-20th century?  Fucking terrible.  And still we see “White Pride” bullshit.  Protect your minorities.  I love that new Dem rep. who said about Trump last week, “We’re going to impeach that motherfucker!”  Trump has stirred old racist resentments and xenophobia. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

What a white wash.  I don’t even have to try.  Lynchings,  KKK, assasination, segregation, right into the mid-20th century?  Fucking terrible.  And still we see “White Pride” bullshit.  Protect your minorities.  I love that new Dem rep. who said about Trump last week, “We’re going to impeach that motherfucker!”  Trump has stirred old racist resentments and xenophobia. 

 

Agreed...this off topic rant typically ignores the KKK, segregation, and "terrible" treatment of First Nations....in Canada.

"White Pride" is perfectly legal and protected speech in the United States.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, taxme said:

Oh, I watch the CBC every day just to see what they are going to say about Trump today. They cannot allow an hour to go by without talking about Trump when they are reporting the news. I can guarantee you that the CBC despises Trump and Scheer also although I do not know why because Scheer appears to be a liberal. The CBC just cannot wait for the next newscast hour to start talking about nasty old Trump in a negative way. The CBC has nothing ever good to say about Trump.  The CBC just repeats and goes along with the American liberal lying media that always says bad things about Trump except for FOX News where you can get the other side of the story about Trump in a positive manner. You need to read between the lines to be able to see that the CBC has no love for Trump.  

It is the American and Canadian media that creates the lies and bull chit about Trump and they all try to take his words out of context so as to try and make him look stupid and that he lies all the time. When the leftist liberal media goes after someone whom they do not like then be prepared for the attacks and the mocking of that person. This is why the leftist liberal lying media in Canada and America should never be listened to or trusted to report real and truthful news. They lie like hell all the time.

The CBC can be anything they want to be and these days they appear to be in favor of being a politically correct media enforcement wanna be police force because they never appear to be for freedom of speech but appear to be more against freedom of speech. What the CBC should be doing is quit talking about Trump so much for a change and start going after communist and archaic religious 10th century regimes like China, North Korea and Saudi Arabia. They have committed more crimes against humanity then Trump could ever do in his lifetime. That is what the CBC should be doing but they won't because Trump is their enemy of the day and what they want all of us to believe is that Trump is behind all the problems of the world and the one who is committing crimes against all of humanity.

I have heard of Rosa Parks. She may not be a part of Canadian history but the Canadian media have no problem with trying to tell us that she was one great American hero woman and now the Canadian media have found their own Rosa Parks and are pushing her into the Canadian limelight a woman that we never heard of until a year ago. Your ignorance astounds me as to how the political world turns in Canada. But hey, what more can I say. Chuckle-chuckle. 

I understand your point of view.  Every story that tells the truth about something Trump has done is seen as lies or distortion.  Sadly I cannot help you there.  You are just going to have to accept the fact that you are supporting a loser.  Chuckle Chuckle. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

What a white wash.  I don’t even have to try.  Lynchings,  KKK, assasination, segregation, right into the mid-20th century?  Fucking terrible.  And still we see “White Pride” bullshit.  Protect your minorities.  I love that new Dem rep. who said about Trump last week, “We’re going to impeach that motherfucker!”  Trump has stirred old racist resentments and xenophobia. 

Even old Kim Campbell ex PM of Canada for six months got into the act the other day and called Trump a "motherfu-ker". Although she was pretending to be a conservative the biotch was a liberal at heart. Why are all democrats and liberals such foul mouthed morons? When was the last time we ever heard a conservative utter such words like mf? This all just shows us as to how ignorant and intolerant bigots liberals can really be. And people vote for them. Disgusting deplorable morons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

But that is exactly what happened in Canadian media when they announced the new $10 Viola Desmond bill.   A perfect example of cultural dominance and deference, Rosa Parks was invoked as the brave reason and example for Desmond's honour on the new bill, even though Desmond did it years earlier !

Can't make this stuff up....Canadian media often defines things in American terms to help Canadians understand their own country.

And now Canada is coming out with a one dollar coin to celebrate homosexuals. There will be a picture of what appears to be two people of the same sex on it close together. I bet that you will never see the day when heterosexuals get recognized on a Canadian one or two dollar coin. Heaven forbid. :o 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, taxme said:

Even old Kim Campbell ex PM of Canada for six months got into the act the other day and called Trump a "motherfu-ker". Although she was pretending to be a conservative the biotch was a liberal at heart. Why are all democrats and liberals such foul mouthed morons? When was the last time we ever heard a conservative utter such words like mf? This all just shows us as to how ignorant and intolerant bigots liberals can really be. And people vote for them. Disgusting deplorable morons. 

What?!  Trump said it at rallies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

What?!  Trump said it at rallies. 

 

I seen most Trump rallies as a moderator. Which one did he say MF at again? Surely it has been recorded...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 6:28 PM, taxme said:

I have no fear of Russia. Despite what the lying media says about Putin and Russia, they are not our real enemies. But China is a real danger to freedom and must be constantly monitored by the west. 

I don't exactly fear China either. The problem is globalization.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

I seen most Trump rallies as a moderator. Which one did he say MF at again? Surely it has been recorded...

 

Guess he can dish it out but he can’t take it.  Poor baby. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Guess he can dish it out but he can’t take it.  Poor baby. 

 

 

I guess. I'm not that offended by anyone swearing...but I avoid it for the most part. I think it would be better for all if everybody stopped swearing...but I doubt they will. That Rubicon has been crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

I guess. I'm not that offended by anyone swearing...but I avoid it for the most part. I think it would be better for all if everybody stopped swearing...but I doubt they will. That Rubicon has been crossed.

I agree with you that manners are very important.  Boorishness speaks to laziness and selfishness.  It’s the language of thugs.  Having said that, it’s also about context.  A well placed F-bomb has its place.  Mind you, I’ll take Churchill’s wit over any of these lightweights:  “If you were my husband I’d poison your cup”, to which Churchill responds, “Madam, If you were my husband I’d drink it.”

Edited by Zeitgeist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I agree with you that manners are very important.  Boorishness speaks to laziness and selfishness.  It’s the language of thugs.  Having said that, it’s also about context.  A well placed F-bomb has its place.  Mind you, I’ll take Churchill’s wit over any of these lightweights:  “If you were my husband I’d poison your cup”, to which Churchill responds, “Madam, If you were my husband I’d drink it.”

 

Yes...Churchill told it like it is/was. 

I suppose I'd prefer Americans swear rather than commit Civil War 2.0 with all that implies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 10:40 AM, Zeitgeist said:

What?!  Trump said it at rallies. 

Show me where Trump has done this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 1:45 PM, Zeitgeist said:

Guess he can dish it out but he can’t take it.  Poor baby. 

 

Trump did not personally pick out anyone in particular and called them a mother fu-ker.  :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't read any of the answers or the OP's description except that he is from Russia.

 

Now Mrs. Russian, why doesn't Russia destroy the United States of America and kill all Americans? You mentioned that they are poor, as in financially poor? That would be easy to kill them all then.

 

And think about it, Russia and the world kills them all, you won't have to hate and feel insecure anymore..... so why doesn't the world do that?

 

Seriously people, can somebody give me an answer to this question that is not BS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...