Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
QuebecOverCanada

The new Ontarian Islamic Party

9 hours ago, turningrite said:

Not all Muslims, of course, are Islamists. And there are certainly social conservatives among other religious communities, including many Christians. But any effort to limit freedom of expression, which is the oxygen of democracy, is clearly problematic. That's why I personally found the M-103 approach so disturbing. The Western ethos, which emerges out of a long and illustrious history dating back to the Reformation, and later the Enlightenment, accommodates and validates the criticism of religion. It's not a bug in the Western system, it's a feature. If we capitulate on this, we give up on the Western project.

I agree.  I honestly could not care less about Muslims who want to be Muslim without such a position having any effect on others.  Same with Christians, Jews, Buddhists, etc.  Any Muslim who thinks it's okay for me to be a gambling, drinking, adulterous, blaspheming atheist getting a good return on his RRSPs is okay with me.

Criticizing religion ought to be as legal and acceptable as breathing.  After all, what is more deserving of criticism?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Machjo said:

The point still stands that the Charter violates the Covenant.

Perhaps it does in one tiny aspect relating to the carve-out for Ontario's separate school system. But this isn't necessarily a permanent feature. Quebec and Newfoundland have both removed religion as an organizing principle for their school systems and Ontario can do the same if it so chooses. In that sense, the Charter isn't a straitjacket and neither is the separate schools exemption ideological. It's sometimes difficult to wind down generations of history. As we move toward greater secularism, hopefully support for maintaining a separate school system will wane.

23 hours ago, Argus said:

An Islamic party can't be divorced from Islam and the current, mainstream teachings of Islam. If you don't profess Islam that means you're an unbeliever. It is not coincidental that of the 57 Muslim majority states not one gives equal treatment to non-Muslims. An Islamic party will ultimately never represent your best interests unless you're a conservative Muslim.

The party cannot exist in government because of the notion of the separation between church (any church) and state.  That does not mean the party cannot exist, but they are not going to hold any power in parliament unless you get a large number voting for them. But the real problem would be politicians and current government bending to the will of Muslims to allow this kind of religious political party.  That would mean changing the rules of our government.

Hold on.... I am checking some items out and apparently there is no clear definition or notion of complete separation of church and state in Canada. That's troubling.

Indeed. And you'll be a minority in your own country...just like the Natives...vote all you like to rid yourself of Islam. It's here to stay...and it doesn't want to share power. Wants you dead or converted...

...and since Trudeau Sr's mission...continued by Jr...was to break the back of British culture (read anybody not Quebecois)...the eventual destruction of  English Canada at the hands of a 7th century death cult will be the final irony for 1759. 

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Indeed. And you'll be a minority in your own country...just like the Natives...vote all you like to rid yourself of Islam. It's here to stay...and it doesn't want to share power. Wants you dead or converted...

...and since Trudeau Sr's mission...continued by Jr...was to break the back of British culture (read anybody not Quebecois)...the eventual destruction of  English Canada at the hands of a 7th century death cult will be the final irony for 1759. 

When do you expect this will happen, 10 years from now, 100, 1000?

5 hours ago, GostHacked said:

The party cannot exist in government because of the notion of the separation between church (any church) and state.  That does not mean the party cannot exist, but they are not going to hold any power in parliament unless you get a large number voting for them. But the real problem would be politicians and current government bending to the will of Muslims to allow this kind of religious political party.  That would mean changing the rules of our government.

Hold on.... I am checking some items out and apparently there is no clear definition or notion of complete separation of church and state in Canada. That's troubling.

The separation of Church and state in Canada is hogwash. The reigning monarch must profess the Anglican Faith and cannot be married to a Catholic and the Constitution itself entrenches the separate denominational school system and the government imposes Christian holidays onto the private sector. Even Quebec has a crucifix on the wall of its National Assembly.

Separation of Church and State you say? And what about the Christian Heritage Party? I say eliminate all official recognition of political parties and have them all run as independents like they do in Nunavut.

Edited by Machjo

29 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Not my plan...consult the planers for dates.

This will be entirely up to folks other than myself. The wheels are already in motion.

8 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Not my plan...

Yes that's right, it's your prediction.  So...10, 100, 1000 years?  Of course you're the guy who tried to fly that Islamic/fentanyl/chem-trail conspiracy nonsense awhile back so never is probably more likely.

On 1/10/2019 at 10:53 AM, QuebecOverCanada said:

Hey, I just registered to this forum. I'm obviously a Quebecer and a francophone with that, but I respect Canadians a lot and my family voted No for the 1995 Referendum. 

How do Ontarians react to the news of the new Ontarian Islamic Party?

In Quebec, there was a big buzz about the news coming from your province, but I would like to know your opinion on that matter. Are Ontarians really that pro multiculturalism or is it a myth?

It certainly looks like the liberals are allowing way too many Muslims into Canada if they want to now form a political Islamic party. I wonder how many Muslims are immigrating to Canada these days anyway? It looks like it could be quite a high number? I am very curious to know the numbers but I doubt that the immigration department would be willing to give me those true numbers to me. They probably know that it might upset me if they did. :D

The only ones that appear to be oh so pro multicultural is our politicians and the leftist liberal media and the many pro immigration multicultural lobby groups. I am one Canadian that is very anti-multiculturalism and have no problem saying so. The myth going around that multiculturalism is supposed to be great for Canada is just that a myth and a lie. I personally think it is a disaster waiting to happen. But hey. :rolleyes:

On 1/14/2019 at 9:52 AM, eyeball said:

George Soros may be able to answer your question. After all he is one of the main architects behind the flood of non-western immigrants into western countries. The hate mongering guy truly does despise the west and wants it destroyed. Believe it of not.