Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Boges

Toxic Masculinity ad from Gillette.

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Sorry, you said the women were told to "cheer up".  There is no words in that snippet, so I assumed you were talking about the pool party where the women are ordered to "smile" for unwanted filming.

That snippet seems to be a music video being filmed and likely making a statement about how women are portrayed in some music videos.

Perhaps it's you who needs to go back and watch the video again. 

The context matters.

If a man with his camera crew asks a woman to smile for a video, it's not automatically harassment. Especially if women in the first clip dance in bikinis thrusting her hips to shake her ass as it appears on my screenshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Why is it important to you that little boys are allowed to hit each other?  I don't understand.

Have you ever met a mangina before?

Or do you like them that much compared to attractive, well balanced men who like competition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kids who play fight learn; Honor, kids who fight have a code of honor, and I remember it very well, like don't kick when someone is down, don't hit the balls, etc. as funny as it sounds, kids who weren't playing fair were punished to the proportion of their abuse, if someone bit someone, he would get kicked for example. Competition, because as kids who are fighting one another, you learn that you have to fight to get something, like in most aspects of  life. Respect, as if you win, it is because you are talented or stronger than others, and not because of relationship power games or because you have the approval of the teacher like a sucker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Argus said:

This is exemplified in those old movies where a woman slaps a man in the face and he just takes it.

LOL  It's funny because we were just watching the old Blue Hawaii with Elvis and he turns a woman over his knees and spanks her.  The next day, she sits at the breakfast table on a pillow because her ass is so sore.

Ahhhhh, the old days!! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Goddess said:

LOL  It's funny because we were just watching the old Blue Hawaii with Elvis and he turns a woman over his knees and spanks her.  The next day, she sits at the breakfast table on a pillow because her ass is so sore.

Ahhhhh, the old days!! :lol:

Did she misbehave?

Because that's what I would think if I were a primitive that would have never watched the preachy Gillette commercial. Thank you for the feminists who made those ads, very woke indeed! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Did she misbehave?

Because that's what I would think if I were a primitive that would have never watched the preachy Gillette commercial. Thank you for the feminists who made those ads, very woke indeed! 

See?? The ad worked! :lol:

Have a good weekend, QOC.  Nice discussing with you today.:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Goddess said:

See?? The ad worked! :lol:

Have a good weekend, QOC.  Nice discussing with you today.:)

And you too Goddess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Goddess said:

I re-watched the ad and I still don't see where they say ALL MEN are like this.

I did notice they said, "We believe in the best of men." and "Some men already know."

Those indicate to me that they are not saying this is ALL MEN.  

Sorry, I just don't see how this ad is attacking ALL MEN.

The fact that it's put into a 2 minute ad campaign is implication enough.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goddess said:

LOL  It's funny because we were just watching the old Blue Hawaii with Elvis and he turns a woman over his knees and spanks her.  The next day, she sits at the breakfast table on a pillow because her ass is so sore.

Ahhhhh, the old days!! :lol:

You can see movies, Tv shows and TV commercials TODAY where a man gets kicked in the nuts or punched in the face by a woman, and it's all meant to make us laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

You can see movies, Tv shows and TV commercials TODAY where a man gets kicked in the nuts or punched in the face by a woman, and it's all meant to make us laugh.

That's true.  It happened on Murdoch Mysteries on Monday.  I did laugh. 

Of course, he had framed her for murder, but one has to ask, would the CBC show him kneeing her in the crotch if she had framed him?

Edited by bcsapper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Goddess said:

See?? The ad worked! :lol:

Have a good weekend, QOC.  Nice discussing with you today.:)

I'll ask you, do you know what a DH is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Youtube video is P&G trying to understand the way to market nowadays.

They seriously bungled. That's all. They know that they have a good product, but now P&G must figure out how to sell - nowadays.

=====

Note to Leftists: Obama, Trudeau Jnr are good. But Trump is amazing.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, August1991 said:

This Youtube video is P&G trying to understand the way to market nowadays.

They seriously bungled. That's all. They know that they have a good product, but now P&G must figure out how to sell - nowadays.

 

But.... WHY ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 6:50 AM, Boges said:

It's hilariously ironic that the same people who believe this ad is painting too broad a brush have no issue painting broad brush strokes in regards to things like Militant Islam. 

I think people who protest to this ad see too much of themselves in the ad. People who think bullying is just part of growing up and men should be Alpha's and get whatever woman they want. If that's what it is to be a man, then there's a problem. 

Speaking of militant Islam, imagine if this was an ad about bigger powerful countries pushing smaller weaker nations around - governments will be governments I guess.

People who believe the world is a dog eat dog world in which you fuck others before they fuck you should rightly denounce the underlying sentimental virtuousness this ad signals and enrol their boys in a Klingon military prep school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thinking about this some more:

I still don't think the ad is labelling ALL MEN or that its saying men should be less masculine  (unless your definition of masculine includes mocking other men for being "emotional" or taking an interest in things that are "girly" or gay, and dismissing bullying and sexual harassment with "boys will be boys") but....

"Toxic Masculinity"  I'm not sure I'm on board with that phrase.  It seems like it conflates positive and negative characteristics.  Every intelligent man knows that bullying, unprovoked aggression, sexual assault and misogyny are  not acceptable.  But there is still a broad spectrum of positive traits that are typically male.  Being a responsible male is not synonymous with becoming more like a female.  (Although I don't think the ad is saying that, either.)

Same goes for "Toxic Femininity" - women typically have certain traits that are positive.  And women should not have to become like men, to be able to function in the world.

Maybe we should get rid of "toxic masculinity" and "toxic femininity" and simply label such people what they are - a$$holes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2019 at 4:30 PM, Goddess said:

Just thinking about this some more:

I still don't think the ad is labelling ALL MEN or that its saying men should be less masculine  (unless your definition of masculine includes mocking other men for being "emotional" or taking an interest in things that are "girly" or gay, and dismissing bullying and sexual harassment with "boys will be boys") but....

"Toxic Masculinity"  I'm not sure I'm on board with that phrase.  It seems like it conflates positive and negative characteristics.  Every intelligent man knows that bullying, unprovoked aggression, sexual assault and misogyny are  not acceptable.  But there is still a broad spectrum of positive traits that are typically male.  Being a responsible male is not synonymous with becoming more like a female.  (Although I don't think the ad is saying that, either.)

Same goes for "Toxic Femininity" - women typically have certain traits that are positive.  And women should not have to become like men, to be able to function in the world.

Maybe we should get rid of "toxic masculinity" and "toxic femininity" and simply label such people what they are - a$$holes.

Why do men need a multinational company to preach them what to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hesitate to post youtube videos in regular discussion topics, but this one is just so apropos of what we're talking about here. It's quite brief, only about 4 minutes in length, and kind of amusing. It's Jordan Peterson answering a question about cultural appropriation, but it quickly morphs into him talking about how society is trying to teach men that he should be as 'harmless' as possible, even while women actually despise harmless men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNUcR-eMxaE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't had cable in a decade at least.  I had to search the ad.

I think it's funny personally.

Im a non white man middle aged but Im still masculine.  Strong, secure.  Was a jock in school and still am today.  BUT not a bully.  Bullying has no place in our society but its a reality.  

Better for parents to teach their boys to be men imo.

Im a Shick guy anyways.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 10:05 AM, QuebecOverCanada said:

It's not a conspiracy anymore. It's out in the open.

White men, we have difficult times ahead and will have to act upon it. All the corporations are against us and push an agenda against us. They are willing to spit on their profit and their customer base just to pander to cultural marxism. Gillette didn't run this advertisement for money, they did it for political reasons, it's obvious. Stating otherwise is either sarcasm or total non sense. It has been revealed today that Google and Youtube were actively manipulating, consciously, manually the search results in favour of the Marxists. The academic institutions are plagued with anti white men doctrine, plagued with Marxists. The current government openly stated that choosing ministers based on their sex rather than qualification was a 'current year thing'. The corporate environment is becoming plagued with lawsuits towards those who do not comply to the rigid ideology of diversity AND also 'muh protect wuhmuhn fom seggual harrasmen'.

This is not going to end well.

It seems that white people will also have to put up with the liberal marxist government and globalist corporations who seem to feel that there are just too many white people working in places where diversity does not exist and there are not enough non-whites being noticed and working in many government outfits and globalist corporations. There needs to be more jobs opened up to non-whites and let some white people stay unemployed just for the sake of diversity and multiculturalism. I think that in another few more decades or so we can then put white people on the endangered species list. Just saying. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 1:29 PM, QuebecOverCanada said:

image.thumb.png.1e21521e63d53ac389e780a4171df357.pngThese women that appear at the pool first here?

Men give love for sex, and women give sex for love. A perfect union. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 2:51 PM, Maghana said:

Toxic is right word..

Have to be careful of that male toxic white masculinity. Dangerous people.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...