Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
betsy

"ACCIDENTAL??"

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada also banned cannabis before the United States...nationally.

Americans are such followers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't think he's being a dick, I think he probably believes it, it's not different than the Soviet Union wherein the Soviet people were indoctrinated from birth by their propaganda arms Pravda and Tass to be totalitarians wherein the interests of the state and associated propaganda arms was indistinguishable from themselves and their own interests.

 

That's why I seriously oppose universal daycare.   They wanna get their hands on them kids - as young as they can get them! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, marcus said:

That makes no sense. 

He called me a Liberal/Trudeau supporter. I am not. Pretty straight forward.

Whoooooosh.    There it went - sailing over your head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, marcus said:

He accused me of not admitting problems with the Liberals, "as a Liberal supporter". I am not a Liberal supporter. 

Yes, you are.   You not only admit problems with the liberals, but you debate FOR them.  Just look how you try to defend and make excuses for them! 

You may not be a Liberal member - but, yes you are a Liberal supporter!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, eyeball said:

So, Betsy is saying this was done deliberately?

.....deliberately or not, Marcus is wrong trying to compare Trudeau's reckless decisions (refugee/asylum), with the Harper government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, betsy said:

 

That's why I seriously oppose universal daycare.   They wanna get their hands on them kids - as young as they can get them! 

Indeed, and also the purpose is to trap more people in the work bullshit jobs are jails gulag to keep them working all the time to keep them down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Canada also banned cannabis before the United States...nationally.

And Canada also legalized it, nationally, before the United States. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But the American states rights legalization is way more dynamic, profitable, fair and free.  The Canadian Nanny State version pales in comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

But the American states rights legalization is way more dynamic, profitable, fair and free.  The Canadian Nanny State version pales in comparison.

Substantiate with evidence.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Substantiate with evidence.  

They allow it to run by free market for profit with comparatively  light regulation, and as a result have more product, better product, and they make more money, both the private owners, and the public state by way of economic activity and associated taxation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

They allow it to run by free market for profit with comparatively  light regulation, and as a result have more product, better product, and they make more money, both the private owners, and the public state by way of economic activity and associated taxation.

Well each province is running it differently, some through privately owned outlets, like in Ontario.  Nothing nanny about it. Yes the feds collect some of the taxes, as do the provinces to pay for important services. I prefer this to furnishing Rocco’s home with all the profits.  The US states where it’s legal have sin taxes on weed too,   It also helps prevent overconsumption. The price can’t be too high or else people will turn to the black market. 

Many of the biggest pot producers are operating out of Canada, the second country in the world to legalize pot.  This is liberty folks. The libertarians love it. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you say the 19th century Temperance Lady dictated policies underpinning the LCBO which owns the OCS, is not nanny, then we are at an impasse, because you are immune to evidence apparently, and likely aren't even aware of the nature of it.  Ergo, I'll just stand by my posts at this juncture /shrugs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

If you say the 19th century Temperance Lady dictated policies underpinning the LCBO which owns the OCS, is not nanny, then we are at an impasse, because you are immune to evidence apparently, and likely aren't even aware of the nature of it.  Ergo, I'll just stand by my posts at this juncture /shrugs

You have old information.  Privately owned retailers come on stream this spring.  Right now al purchasing in Ontario is online. Ford canceled LCBO pot retailers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They all have to take their supply from the LCBO via the same structure with runs OCS, they are not actually free market, what the government is doing is picking winners, which is did by lottery, for only 25 retailers, for the entire province, those retailers entirely subject to the same draconian rules imposed, Ford didn't cancel the LCBO as the government's dealer, the LCBO is simply running the supply chain by its OCS subsidiary, which is the same one which will run the retailers.

Same as what Kathleen Wynne did with LCBO sales in grocery stores.  The grocery stores still have to get the product from the LCBO supply chain, and they are directed as to what they can have and not have, and the prices are set by the LCBO not the retailers.

So that is not actually private retail at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, betsy said:

.....deliberately or not....

So you are saying this accident was deliberate.

Where's your evidence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

So you are saying this accident was deliberate.

Where's your evidence?

 

It has happened before...another "accident" ?

 

Quote

CBC News has confirmed that Canada tried nine years ago to deport Raed Jaser, one of the two men accused in the Via Rail terror plot, but authorities didn't proceed and later granted him permanent residency.

Jaser, 35, and Chiheb Esseghaier, 30, have been accused of plotting to derail a Via passenger train in what authorities have called an "al-Qaeda supported" attack.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canada-tried-to-deport-terror-suspect-raed-jaser-1.1335183

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:26 PM, marcus said:

I'm not a Trudeau/Liberal supporter. So you made no point there.

My point was and is, your response , was you being a dick and calling Betsy a hack...I get it Betsy does not need me to stand up for her , she could kick your ass by herself...and while you say your not a liberal Dougies point stands, you certainly sound like one, Blaming Harper for everything that is happening around the world …..it is getting old...like the liberals reign....So once again try and read the post and answer the questions....you can do that right....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, betsy said:

That's why I seriously oppose universal daycare.   They wanna get their hands on them kids - as young as they can get them! 

Religion starts their brain washing at a very young age also. Secular children were more likely than religious children to judge the protagonist in such fantastical stories to be fictional," 

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-28537149

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It has happened before...another "accident" ?

I don't know, if you're suggesting otherwise where's your evidence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

They all have to take their supply from the LCBO via the same structure with runs OCS, they are not actually free market, what the government is doing is picking winners, which is did by lottery, for only 25 retailers, for the entire province, those retailers entirely subject to the same draconian rules imposed, Ford didn't cancel the LCBO as the government's dealer, the LCBO is simply running the supply chain by its OCS subsidiary, which is the same one which will run the retailers.

Same as what Kathleen Wynne did with LCBO sales in grocery stores.  The grocery stores still have to get the product from the LCBO supply chain, and they are directed as to what they can have and not have, and the prices are set by the LCBO not the retailers.

So that is not actually private retail at all. 

The price of pot will be set like any other commodity based on market signals, especially with regard to taxation.  If it gets too pricey people will go underground or grow their own, which is legal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People go underground anyways, no actual evidence the black market will be effected, in Washington and Colorado the black market expanded rather than retracted.

This is entirely for tapped out governments to find a new revenue stream, end the black market is just one of the rubrics they use in order to collect tax as government drug dealers.

In Colorado and Washington the governments are not the drug dealers, so they're covered if it doesn't do anything other than make people rich in the end.

Edited by Dougie93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue I am asserting is not even the black market, I don't think the Canadian nanny state model is going to make profits, because the nanny aspect is so draconian, that enforcement will cost more than net revenues, so it will be a net net loss for the taxpayer, and there will still be a black market, and the Americans will eventually have many states in the market, and they will eat Canada's marijuana lunch and corner the market as the Americans do every single time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I don't know, if you're suggesting otherwise where's your evidence?

 

The evidence is clear....foreign national terrorists are now permanent residents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The evidence is clear....foreign national terrorists are now permanent residents.

Well yes but, by official design? Where's the evidence of that?

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...