Political Discussion Forums
QuebecOverCanada

NHL General Thread

17 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Avs take Drew Helleson of the USNTDP at 47th overall. Not sure the Avs need defense at this point, but if you're going to take one, he's a good option.

You can never have too much defensive depth, he's definitely got the size, not flashy, more of a steady eddie, but nothing wrong with that.

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

You can never have too much defensive depth, he's definitely got the size, not flashy, more of a steady eddie, but nothing wrong with that.

Yzerman seems to agree, picked three defensemen in this draft in four picks.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Yzerman seems to agree, picked three defensemen in this draft in four picks.

The Wings are particularly depleted of defensemen, none of Holland's  defensive picks every really panned out.

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The Wings are particularly depleted of defensemen, none of Holland's  defensive picks every really panned out.

Yeah makes sense in their situation, for sure.

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Avs take Matthew Steinberg at 63.

Nova Scotia, boyee,   Seems a little early take him,  Central Scouting has him ranked 133rd.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Nova Scotia, boyee,   Seems a little early take him,  Central Scouting has him ranked 133rd.

I suppose, the Avs do have another third rounder, perhaps they should have taken him then or waited until the fourth.

Edited by Yzermandius19

5 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

For a bag of pucks, salary dump city.

He's slowing down, get rid of that contract while you can

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Leafs draft Mikko Kokkonen 84th overall.

Ah good, that's actually one guy I was targeting for them to pick, and they picked at about the right time, 84th overall is about where he is ranked.

14 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Avs draft Alex Beaucage at 78th overall.

Great pedigree, Mem Cup winner with the Huskies and he was a big part of that run.

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Leafs draft Mikhail Abramov at 115th overall.

Good pick, Russian from CSKA but he's playing in the Q on North American ice.

Never can tell what a kids NHL upside really is, but those three picks will at least play for the Marlies, I prefer prospects who I can watch, I'm a huge Marlies fan after all.

For example Korshkov, Hunter Hockey Genius screwed us out of DeBrincart, but I'm still feeling better about Korshkov now that I've  seen him on small ice in the A.

Boatmen playing the Tabbies on TSN.

It's RIcky Ray Day.

God bless you, Ricky Ray, you delivered maybe the most unexpected Grey Cup championship, one game for all the marbles and it was a career day.

Man, it is such a spectacularly beautiful day today, gotta break out the little tv and watch this game from my deck.

The Argos can't make a stop, what a useless bunch of cucks.

This is harshing my buzz, I'm just going to switch this crap off and go back to basking in the glory of the NBA World Championship, the 6ix in 6, I'll take my chip with the dip.

#we the forest.

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The Argos can't make a stop, what a useless bunch of cucks.

This is harshing my buzz, I'm just going to switch this crap off and go back to basking in the glory of the NBA World Championship, the 6ix in 6, I'll take my chip with the dip.

#we the forest.

There's some fights on TSN2 right now, nothing special, but in case your looking for some sports to watch.

Edited by Yzermandius19

7 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

There's some fights on TSN2 right now, nothing special, but in case your looking for some sports to watch.

Nah, I'm just enjoying the spectacular view from my deck, the terraced landscaped gardens, the red and green maples, the woods and fields beyond.

I went to a bricks and mortar cannabis store, and one key advantage of that is that you can see which are the strongest batches before you buy.

So I got some Solei which is 24.71% THC, so I'm totally blasted, just having tapas in the sunshine.  Bliss.