Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maurice's shelf life in Winnipeg may be coming to an end. Jets aren't going to side with Maurice over Laine, and if they did, that would be really dumb. Byfuglien and Wheeler's shelf life diminishes b

Yes but he's not Ovechkin. He's not tough and gritty enough, and doesn't have the Ovechkin skillset and shot he has while he was his age. Laine isn't a bust by any mean. He would be a 1st choice

Goalie Bob is overrated, Stralman, Yandle, Eckblad is gonna get caved in, Stralman is aging out, neither Yandle nor Eckblad actually play defense. Up front they're not that talented, basically a

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I can't see why they wouldn't, if they didn't, that would be a really stupid decision. $11 million ain't going to get the job done.

Then I don't think he's worth it. He's not the next Ovechkin, but a Taylor Hall type of guy, but with a scoring and hitting touch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Then I don't think he's worth it. He's not the next Ovechkin, but a Taylor Hall type of guy, but with a scoring and hitting touch. 

He's closest thing to Ovechkin since Ovechkin, if you don't want to overpay, you ain't going to get him.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Like he's going to put up 40 goals a year on the regular, last year screams career low to me. 40 goal players don't grow on trees, his shot is elite as f*ck.

Yes but he's not Ovechkin. He's not tough and gritty enough, and doesn't have the Ovechkin skillset and shot he has while he was his age.

Laine isn't a bust by any mean. He would be a 1st choice in drafts that were weak like 2012 when Yakupov was drafted 1st. But he's not exceptional. He's very good. But not a gamechanger.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Yes but he's not Ovechkin. He's not tough and gritty enough, and doesn't have the Ovechkin skillset and shot he has while he was his age.

Laine isn't a bust by any mean. He would be a 1st choice in drafts that were weak like 2012 when Yakupov was drafted 1st. But he's not exceptional. He's very good. But not a gamechanger.

Laine has a top 3 shot in the NHL, he lacks the toughness and grit of Ovechkin, but he can score for anywhere. Ovechkin is the greatest goal scorer of all time, so saying he isn't as good as Ovechkin at it is hardly a slight of any kind.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Laine has a top 3 shot in the NHL, he lacks the toughness and grit of Ovechkin, but he can score for anywhere.

He's not top 3. 

Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, Kessel, and even Galchenyuk and some Ds have better shot than Laine. Laine has a good shooter instinct, and has a good frame. He's just not Ovechkin, he's elite already, but not Gr8 type of guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

He's not top 3. 

Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, Kessel, and even Galchenyuk and some Ds have better shot than Laine. Laine has a good shooter instinct, and has a good frame. He's just not Ovechkin, he's elite already, but not Gr8 type of guy.

Only Ovechkin has a better shot than Laine of the guys you name, and no defensemen have a better shot than him that's laughable, and so is the claim that Galchenyuk has a better shot than him.

Ovechkin, Laine and Matthews have the best shots in the NHL. He really is a top 3 shooter, your hot take silliness doesn't change that. D's with a better shot than Laine, lulz, that's a good one.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to post
Share on other sites

Slick Willy goes back to basics with his original number 88, throwing down the gauntlet for a bounce back season, flipping the bird to the Lamoriello rule like Nick Leddy's beard.

When he got drafted I wondered if he would keep his Modo number, with two phones gone he can finally stick it to the Boomers and be identical bellhops with his homey Pastrnak.

He definitely broke out at the Worlds with it, so why not, apparently the Hockey Gods approve.

New nickname; Ocho-Ocho. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Korshkov on the first line? Late Bloom City.

Methinks they got plans for Korshkov,  Russian Zach Hyman with hands and a shot.

That was the plan drafting him overage at 31st.

Puck retriever/net front presence with scoring duo.

 

Edited by Dougie93
Link to post
Share on other sites

See, Korshkov is 22, he's being playing against men in the KHL, so he's NHL ready in terms of being able to handle himself, he might get sent back to the Marlies this year, but I think he projects to play with Matty and Willy, not as nasty as a Tom Wilson by any means, but is still a nice combination of big and nasty, yet can also skate and handle the puck and shoot like a Russian.

Already taking stretch passes from Rasmus Sandin.

 

Edited by Dougie93
Link to post
Share on other sites

Avs got a lot more depth and sandpaper this year, which was their downfall against the Sharks. Just two years ago they were coming off the worst record in the salary cap era, and now they are legit cup contenders, it's remarkable really. God Bless Joe Sakic.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Avs got a lot more depth and sandpaper this year, which was their downfall against the Sharks. Just two years ago they were coming off the worst record in the salary cap era, and now they are legit cup contenders, it's remarkable really.

Rapid turnarounds in either direction are becoming the norm, that's why teams are afraid to offer sheet, it's not because of the Old Boy's Club anymore, it's just that you don't know what might happen and one or more of those four 1st rounders becomes lottery picks.

The fleecing of Dorion by Gentleman Joe is giving everybody pause, because those four picks from an offer sheet cannot be lottery protected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Rapid turnarounds in either direction are becoming the norm, that's why teams are afraid to offer sheet, it's not because of the Old Boy's Club anymore, it's just that you don't know what might happen and one or more of those four 1st rounders becomes lottery picks.

The fleecing of Dorion by Gentleman Joe is giving everybody pause, because those four picks from an offer sheet cannot be lottery protected.

Sakic got the league running scared when a ton of the Avs core could be offer sheeted in the not too distant future, diabolical.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to post
Share on other sites

Only the desperate are offer sheeting.

Apparently both Two Phones and Jarmo Kekalainen offered Marner 7 x 12.5, but Marner turned it down.

Marner is just playing games, he doesn't want to leave, he just wants the Matthews contract but both CLB and NYI balked at giving up four firsts for only a five year contract.

The Leafs would have matched 12.5 anyways, then made the adjustment.

Edited by Dougie93
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Only the desperate are offer sheeting.

Apparently both Two Phones and Jarmo Kekalainen offered Marner 7 x 12.5, but Marner turned it down.

Marner is just playing games, he doesn't want to leave, he just wants the Matthews contract but both CLB and NYI balked at giving up four firsts for only a five year contract.

The Leafs would have matched 12.5 anyways, then made the adjustment.

$12.5 million is very matchable, go big or go home.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm certainly rooting for Bill Nylander to break out as Ocho-Ocho, I mean, if he doesn't, he's getting traded and I don't want to sell low.

But moreover, the Tavares contract will end, before Leafs Nation knows it, Tavares will be aged out and going UFA, at which point the second window needs Ocho-Ocho to play 2C with Marner moved up onto the top line with Pouty Time. Pouty Time times two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

$12.5 million is very matchable, go big or go home.

On a seven year that would turn out to be a deal over time, which is why Marner and the rest of these UFA's want the Matthews contract so they can cash in twice like GQ

Link to post
Share on other sites



  • Tell a friend

    Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...