Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
bush_cheney2004

Canada Plans Regime Change for Venezuela

Recommended Posts

Perhaps Justin Trudeau and Chrystia Freeland think an adventure in Venezuela will be sufficient to wag the dog back home in an election year, but the opposite is happening.    President Maduro actually received a bigger voter mandate than the Liberals/Trudeau in the last election.     Let the games begin....

 

Quote

Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland hosted counterparts from across the Western Hemisphere on Monday as the so-called Lima Group met in Ottawa in an effort to co-ordinate strategies on a goal they already agree on: the end of Nicolas Maduro's government in Venezuela and new elections to be held under an administration headed by the self-declared interim president, Juan Guaido.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/venezuela-maduro-unrest-lima-group-1.5004399

 

Should Canada be interfering in Venezuela, trying to topple another elected president, just as Canada did to Haiti in 2004 ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"When Canada does it its legal" /Nixonian Liberals

When George W, Bush does it; "crime", when Justin Trudeau does it; "Sunny Ways".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Perhaps Justin Trudeau and Chrystia Freeland think an adventure in Venezuela will be sufficient to wag the dog back home in an election year, but the opposite is happening.    President Maduro actually received a bigger voter mandate than the Liberals/Trudeau in the last election.     Let the games begin....

 

 

Should Canada be interfering in Venezuela, trying to topple another elected president, just as Canada did to Haiti in 2004 ?

Shall we talk about Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Tunisia, Yemen ?????? Let's not forget the USA's involvement in Haiti as well. 

To be fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Shall we talk about Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Tunisia, Yemen ?????? Let's not forget the USA's involvement in Haiti as well. 

To be fair.

Don't get into a pissing war with BC2004. He is all in for imperialism and colonization and tyrants (as long as they're our tyrants).

He is just taking this opportunity, and rightly so, to let us know about Trudeau's decision to cheerlead regime change while many of us cry about Trump and other U.S. presidents' policy of regime change. 

Trudeau, just like all of his predecessors, have walked the same double standard foreign policy line. 

Example: Madura bad. Al Sisi good. 

Today, Canada decides to stand up for human rights in... (spins wheel) Venezuela: Neil Macdonald

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, marcus said:

Trudeau, just like all of his predecessors, have walked the same double standard foreign policy line. 

Why Venezuela? "Because we can."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marcus said:

Don't get into a pissing war with BC2004. He is all in for imperialism and colonization and tyrants (as long as they're our tyrants).

He is just taking this opportunity, and rightly so, to let us know about Trudeau's decision to cheerlead regime change while many of us cry about Trump and other U.S. presidents' policy of regime change. 

Trudeau, just like all of his predecessors, have walked the same double standard foreign policy line. 

Example: Madura bad. Al Sisi good.

El-Sisi has a lot more support than Maduro, the street in Egypt put el-Sisi in, he is a cult of the personality populist like Chavez.

The problem with Maduro is that he's not Chavez.  No cult of the personality and so now the street is turning on him.

Edited by Dougie93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Maduro was ruling with an iron fist, and it was stable, the economy was functioning and there wasn't a massive exodus of refugees, I don't think the Americans would be doing anything about it.  It's just getting so big now, it's spreading all over the region, and so the Hegemon is being drawn in by default.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dougie93 said:

If Maduro was ruling with an iron fist, and it was stable, the economy was functioning and there wasn't a massive exodus of refugees, I don't think the Americans would be doing anything about it.  It's just getting so big now, it's spreading all over the region, and so the Hegemon is being drawn in by default.

I would disagree.

It's because of the oil and how the dictator/elected official is willing to share the oil:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would disagree, the oil must come to market, there is no boycotting the American Hegenomy for oil, because oil is traded in US dollars, which the likes of Venezuela desperately need, and because the Americans rule the waves, so there's nowhere they do not control the flow of oil.

The Americans invading countries for oil is a myth.  The Americans don't need to sit on the oil, it comes to them no matter what.

The Americans invade countries for culture, it's the Union and Manifest Destiny, called to free all the slaves everywhere, by making the world into America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, if you don't like America, the truth of it is far more frightening than run o' the mill smash and grab territorial  imperialism.

Me, I love America, so I'm down for it, come and free me Uncle Abe, beam me up, Scotty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The Americans invade countries for culture, it's the Union and Manifest Destiny, called to free all the slaves everywhere, by making the world into America.

Humanitarian Pixie Dust is a hell of a drug.

 

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Humanitarian Pixie Dust is a hell of a drug.

This is the mother of all pixie dusts, run o' the mill pixie dust is Jesus, the pixie dust from Gettysburg is God.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

This is the mother of all pixie dusts, run o' the mill pixie dust is Jesus, the pixie dust from Gettysburg is God.

The purest supply in the world, straight outta Gettysburg. Lincoln struck the mother lode alright.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

The purest supply in the world, straight outta Gettysburg.

And across the West, until it ran into an ocean and looked across the waves.

  Then it went after Spain first; Remember the Maine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then they took down their arch Nemesis, the British.

Nary a shot fired. London came to Wall Street on its knees, America bought the Empire, paid cash for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another cynical observation from Canadian media on Liberal party intervention designs on Venezuela.    I suspect that more CBC photos and video of human suffering are needed to better sell the deal back home.  

 

Quote

For all the talk of “democracy promotion,” the democracy that the Canadian government is really focused on is its own, and the only thing it wants to promote is the Liberal party. This is a Canadian election year, after all, and following the gaffes in India, and amid tensions with the United States, China and Saudi Arabia, this is an opportunity for the Trudeau administration to burnish its image at home as a strong leader on the international stage while also finding a way to show the tariff-slapping Trump administration it’s a good friend that deserves a better deal.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-canadas-leadership-on-venezuela-is-misguided-misdirected-and-a/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm sold on taking Maduro down, if the Venezuelan people were not in the way, I'd happily tac nuke that fat bastard.

 

Well, that's the problem....Maduro has more voter support than Trudeau. 

Just put some fresh batteries in Dick Cheney's pacemaker and get oil production back on line.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Well, that's the problem....Maduro has more voter support than Trudeau. 

Just put some fresh batteries in Dick Cheney's pacemaker and get oil production back on line.

 

I just hate commies,  I don't care how you get them into the helicopter, whenever you do, I'm ready to chuck those commies out the door, Pinochet style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I just hate commies,  I don't care how you get them into the helicopter, whenever you do, I'm ready to chuck those commies out the door, Pinochet style.

 

It's not even so much about commies...Maduro has managed to screw up petroleum production from the world's largest reserve of sweet crude.   Trudeau and his like minded ilk can use "human rights" for the cover story, but oil matters more to the world's hydrocarbon economy.   If you eff it up, somebody will come in and fix it for you one way or another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It's not even so much about commies...Maduro has managed to screw up petroleum production from the world's largest reserve of sweet crude.   Trudeau and his like minded ilk can use "human rights" for the cover story, but oil matters more to the world's hydrocarbon economy.   If you eff it up, somebody will come in and fix it for you one way or another. 

He screwed it up because he's a commie.   That's what commies do, they screw things up, and then tens of millions of innocent people suffer the consequences.

Targeted assassination is green lit for communist dictators, but you gotta have the succession plan in place before you bust a cap in that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Venezuela's GDP has fallen by 50% since Maduro took over from Chavez.....even Chavez didn't screw up so badly.   These guys think they are the next Fidel Castro, a commie dictator that the Trudeau family loved and adored.   There is a difference between a competent commie dictator and failed wannabes like Maduro.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Venezuela's GDP has fallen by 50% since Maduro took over from Chavez.....even Chavez didn't screw up so badly.   These guys think they are the next Fidel Castro, a commie dictator that the Trudeau family loved and adored.   There is a difference between a competent commie dictator and failed wannabes like Maduro.

If there is a viable succession plan, I'll take a competent commie dictator down, but if there's not,  then as Big Daddy Trump just said in the SOTU; "Principled Realism"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that's always been a problem...even in Canada.   People rally around leaders who are going to "stick it" to those damn 'muricans but usually end up sticking it to themselves instead.   Then they whine and cry about it. 

This is not an issue in Kuwait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...