Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Trudeau lying about SNC


Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

No leader in his right mind would put up with such crap in any company or party.  Get real.  

Is Trudeau really a leader now, or is he exposed as a corporate lackey? 

He's killing Canadian jobs to satisfy foreign lobbyists and a couple of hereditary chiefs (who have no doubt been bought by foreign lobbyists), he's giving away far more money than we can afford just so that he personally looks good at the UN, he's onto his 5th ethics breech and he's already been found guilty once, he's shutting down investigations into his own malfeasance like he's Putin or the Ayatollah, he's firing people left and right who dare to stand up to him, and you're still a fawning sycophant of his???????

What would it take for you to finally give up on that loser?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Real women don't need to hide behind some 'feminist' banner, taxme.  Real women tend to stand on their own and value the contributions of men.  Real women can think for themselves - unlike so-called '

I don't care how big they are. And no this is not just a few bad apples. The corruption is part of SNC-Lavalins culture through and through. 20+ years of corruption and blackmailing the Canadian gover

Maybe you guys saw different shows?  Maybe the hosts don't write their copy, but they don't read like robots either. Watch Lisa LaFake do her eyerolls or her insinuating tones when she's talking,

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Army Guy said:

this liberal attitude, most liberals are pissed that a phone conversation was taped...and could not give a flying F#### about the content

There's a group of people that I just can't stand anymore, and it's anyone who identifies as a Liberal/Democrat. They are utterly committed to lying and hiding the truth at every turn. Trudeau just-can't-give-a-straight-answer and his fans love him for it.

The idiots who don't like Ray-Bold's tape, and are happy that Ayatollah Trudeau shut down the ethics commissioner & stopped JWR from answering questions about SNC in Parliament, is the exact same group of idiots who still think that Russian collusion still needs to be investigated. Which is it? Are investigations good or bad?

In the Trump investigation people were arrested for things that happened 20 years ago and then offered reduced sentences for (obviously coerced) testimony against Trump and Canadians think that's good, but they think that taping someone secretly here is too much????????????? When I think about how stupid those people are I wanna pull out my hair. All kinds of people were secretly taped for info re: Trump. Hundreds. There were pre-dawn raids with doors kicked in and machine guns locked and loaded. Back to the wire taps - is a person in JWR's position not usually the type who would approve wire taps in the first place? If she thought that someone was crossing the line wasn't she the ultimate authority of that in this country?

"Hyuk hyuk the things that happened to Trump and his associates were all perfectly fine, just don't secretly tape anyone in Canada to expose Trudeau's malfeasance because that's going WAYYYYY TOOOOOO FARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!" Anyone who can't see a MONUMENTAL double-standard is just a huge, festering pile of idiot.

The Lib/Dems took Goebbels saying about "tell a lie 1,000 times and it becomes the truth" and applied to literally everything. 

Perfect example: Beto O'Rourke just said "Global warming is 100% unanimous among climate scientists" the other day and no one at CNN even blinked. The most obvious and blatant lie ever told just went 100% unchallenged. 

I have a teeny bit more respect for the average lliberal fanboy than I do for Clifford Olson. Juuust a smidgeon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

There's a group of people that I just can't stand anymore, and it's anyone who identifies as a Liberal/Democrat. They are utterly committed to lying and hiding the truth at every turn. Trudeau just-can't-give-a-straight-answer and his fans love him for it.

The idiots who don't like Ray-Bold's tape, and are happy that Ayatollah Trudeau shut down the ethics commissioner & stopped JWR from answering questions about SNC in Parliament, is the exact same group of idiots who still think that Russian collusion still needs to be investigated. Which is it? Are investigations good or bad?

In the Trump investigation people were arrested for things that happened 20 years ago and then offered reduced sentences for (obviously coerced) testimony against Trump and Canadians think that's good, but they think that taping someone secretly here is too much????????????? When I think about how stupid those people are I wanna pull out my hair. All kinds of people were secretly taped for info re: Trump. Hundreds. There were pre-dawn raids with doors kicked in and machine guns locked and loaded. Back to the wire taps - is a person in JWR's position not usually the type who would approve wire taps in the first place? If she thought that someone was crossing the line wasn't she the ultimate authority of that in this country?

"Hyuk hyuk the things that happened to Trump and his associates were all perfectly fine, just don't secretly tape anyone in Canada to expose Trudeau's malfeasance because that's going WAYYYYY TOOOOOO FARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!" Anyone who can't see a MONUMENTAL double-standard is just a huge, festering pile of idiot.

The Lib/Dems took Goebbels saying about "tell a lie 1,000 times and it becomes the truth" and applied to literally everything. 

Perfect example: Beto O'Rourke just said "Global warming is 100% unanimous among climate scientists" the other day and no one at CNN even blinked. The most obvious and blatant lie ever told just went 100% unchallenged. 

I have a teeny bit more respect for the average lliberal fanboy than I do for Clifford Olson. Juuust a smidgeon.

"Coerced"? You mean save-my-ass deals made by the perps themselves don't you? :rolleyes: Climate change is real. It is also cyclical. This business about carbon taxes is simply a new religion dedicated to ripping us all off. If every cabon emission in the world was stopped overnight, climate change would not alter one iota.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

So it’s come out that JWR tried to lay out five conditions for Trudeau before she would accept her Cabinet shuffle, which included firing three key people (Wernick, Bouchard, and Butts), promising not to let the new Justice Minister set up a DPA, as well as have Trudeau make a public apology. Incredible. She really thought she was running the show.  

That has not been proven in any way, JWR has not confirmed she said any of that...as CTV has said this might be another attempt to make her look bad, coming from the liberal caucus....or it just fell off the liberal bullshit truck....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, egghead said:

Not few, the whole upper-level managment are. BTW, it is a safe bet that you are fine that SNC used gov't funding to bribe the foreign officers

No I’m not fine with bribery or any of SNC’s misdeeds and those involved must be punished and the company fined.  None of us know the specifics of the litigation, so it’s hard to properly assess qualifications and penalties.  I’m quite confident that JWR wasn’t a team player for quite some time.  Look, she will be fine.  She’s a smart lady and will likely hold her seat in the next election, whether as an independent or in another party.  Maybe she’ll get back into a cabinet role at some point, maybe deservedly, but I don’t think she was ready for prime time.  You can’t play such havoc with your own party over a legal impropriety, demanding apologies, firings, and policy outside of your purview then expect the party leader and its faithful to make nice and carry on.  She brought a machine gun to a duck hunt. 

Edited by Zeitgeist
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

They’re a massive international operation based in Canada.  I don’t think it’s fair to punish thousands for the crimes of a few.  If we shut them down in Canada then head office jobs and business taxes leave the country.  We need money to pay for those land claims JWR supports. 

First off no ones job at SNC are at risk, That comes rom the CEO of SNC if you have not been watching the news lately, even if they are charged and convicted, SNC is still entitled to bid and receive contracts through huge loop holes in the new law, such as SNC still holds many DND contracts and if it is a matter of National security SNC is still fair game...There are other reasons and loop holes as well they did not go into a whole lot of detail but hey this law was written by politicians for big business,  not lawyers for citizens...so they left lots of loop holes....

Once again they can not leave they HQ , because of some banking agreement they have...So no moving the HQ for quit sometime....That was all a LIBERAL LIE....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

First off no ones job at SNC are at risk, That comes rom the CEO of SNC if you have not been watching the news lately, even if they are charged and convicted, SNC is still entitled to bid and receive contracts through huge loop holes in the new law, such as SNC still holds many DND contracts and if it is a matter of National security SNC is still fair game...There are other reasons and loop holes as well they did not go into a whole lot of detail but hey this law was written by politicians for big business,  not lawyers for citizens...so they left lots of loop holes....

Once again they can not leave they HQ , because of some banking agreement they have...So no moving the HQ for quit sometime....That was all a LIBERAL LIE....

Ah that depends on which version from the SNC CEO you wish to believe or are up on. He backed up his original comment saying those ~9k jobs could be moved from Canada overseas. I guess you could keep your job if you wanted to move half way around the world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

First off no ones job at SNC are at risk, That comes rom the CEO of SNC if you have not been watching the news lately, even if they are charged and convicted, SNC is still entitled to bid and receive contracts through huge loop holes in the new law, such as SNC still holds many DND contracts and if it is a matter of National security SNC is still fair game...There are other reasons and loop holes as well they did not go into a whole lot of detail but hey this law was written by politicians for big business,  not lawyers for citizens...so they left lots of loop holes....

Once again they can not leave they HQ , because of some banking agreement they have...So no moving the HQ for quit sometime....That was all a LIBERAL LIE....

Zeit doesn't want to hear this. I have pointed those facts out to him 3 or 4 times already and he keeps repeating the same drivel. :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

No I’m not fine with bribery or any of SNC’s misdeeds and those involved must be punished and the company fined.  .....

Ya,  just another DPA :P. To tell you the truth, I believe in DPA. However, DPA does not apply to SNC case.

First of all, unlike google, blackberry, M$ and others, SNC is as a gov't vendor, not an "economic grower". In addition, few thousand jobs (I highly doubt this) do not worth DPA. Then, this is clearly a political bribery.

 

 

Edited by egghead
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I'm flummoxed...

Wilson-Raybould and Philpott are both shocked by what the Liberal Party really is?  :huh:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/philpott-the-current-wilson-raybould-liberal-caucus-1.5084028

 

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/jody-wilson-raybould-the-liberal-party-is-not-something-i-understand-anymore/

Edited by jacee
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Owly said:

Ah that depends on which version from the SNC CEO you wish to believe or are up on. He backed up his original comment saying those ~9k jobs could be moved from Canada overseas. I guess you could keep your job if you wanted to move half way around the world.

When they kept moving the goal post,  you should know they were lying :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Realitycheck said:

Climate change is real. It is also cyclical. This business about carbon taxes is simply a new religion dedicated to ripping us all off. If every cabon emission in the world was stopped overnight, climate change would not alter one iota.

 

Yup.

I've seen quotes about "x number of pounds of pollution comes out of the tailpipe for every gallon of gas" but what they don't mention is that most of that is super-deadly C02 and H20. RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Owly said:

Ah that depends on which version from the SNC CEO you wish to believe or are up on. He backed up his original comment saying those ~9k jobs could be moved from Canada overseas. I guess you could keep your job if you wanted to move half way around the world.

No it does not, it is highly unlikely that any jobs will be lost, like I said already, CTV news released today regardless of the outcome of any conviction, SNC would not be frozen out of all Canadian contracts...there are still many contracts already out there such as ones that involve national security and more that they can bid on and are looked at as a Canadian solution so favored....SO ask yourself would they risk everything by moving out of the country....it was a bluff

Lets not kid ourselves if SNC moved most if not all their employees would find work by the end of the week in other firms....

To top all of that they can't move the HQ do to banking requirements and contracts....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

No it does not, it is highly unlikely that any jobs will be lost, like I said already, CTV news released today regardless of the outcome of any conviction, SNC would not be frozen out of all Canadian contracts...there are still many contracts already out there such as ones that involve national security and more that they can bid on and are looked at as a Canadian solution so favored....SO ask yourself would they risk everything by moving out of the country....it was a bluff

Lets not kid ourselves if SNC moved most if not all their employees would find work by the end of the week in other firms....

To top all of that they can't move the HQ do to banking requirements and contracts....

So I guess if no jobs were threatened as you seem to think, why would any pressure be put on to save them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Owly said:

So I guess if no jobs were threatened as you seem to think, why would any pressure be put on to save them?

Because it would look bad if the Leader of the Liberal Party could not keep a jobs in his own riding.  Neither the LPC nor SNC gives a flying purple fxck about jobs in Canada.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cannuck said:

Because it would look bad if the Leader of the Liberal Party could not keep a jobs in his own riding.  Neither the LPC nor SNC gives a flying purple fxck about jobs in Canada.

So at least you seem to understand that jobs were threatened.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Owly said:

So at least you seem to understand that jobs were threatened.

IF, and because of their agreement with lender they can NOT close their head office, there could have been job loss at that location.   Overall for CANADA, there will be zero job loss, as the same people will do the same contracts - just for a non-criminal company instead of SNC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cannuck said:

IF, and because of their agreement with lender they can NOT close their head office, there could have been job loss at that location.   Overall for CANADA, there will be zero job loss, as the same people will do the same contracts - just for a non-criminal company instead of SNC.

Well lets hope it's as easy as you seem to suggest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Owly said:

Well lets hope it's as easy as you seem to suggest.

It's not easy, it's business.   MOST people can do that without resorting to criminal activities - SNC can not.  Let them keep on doing their illegal business in third world shitholes, but it is not welcome here.   As I have mentioned MANY times in this thread, they have been thrown off of more projects in Western Canada than ANY other general contractor/engineering company.  Not just for criminality, for incompetence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cannuck said:

It's not easy, it's business.   MOST people can do that without resorting to criminal activities - SNC can not.  Let them keep on doing their illegal business in third world shitholes, but it is not welcome here.   As I have mentioned MANY times in this thread, they have been thrown off of more projects in Western Canada than ANY other general contractor/engineering company.  Not just for criminality, for incompetence.

So punish those responsible .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Owly said:

So punish those responsible .

 

that is exactly what the criminal prosecution of SNC is all about.  BTW: for the Libyan affair alone, they have already been tried and convicted of criminal charges in three countries - thus why they can not bid on any World Bank funded projects for 10 years.

Don't have me the bullshit about the employees being innocents.  EVERYONE in the whole business knows how corrupt SNC is, so when you choose to work for SNC, Hell's Angels, the Mafia, etc. you know damn well you are working for a criminal organization.   If you don't have the sense to walk away, don't expect any sympathy from me.

Where the sympathy belongs is to the owners and employees of honest and capable contractors who have lost out to business bought by SNC bribery, kickbacks and fraud.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cannuck said:

that is exactly what the criminal prosecution of SNC is all about.  BTW: for the Libyan affair alone, they have already been tried and convicted of criminal charges in three countries - thus why they can not bid on any World Bank funded projects for 10 years.

Don't have me the bullshit about the employees being innocents.  EVERYONE in the whole business knows how corrupt SNC is, so when you choose to work for SNC, Hell's Angels, the Mafia, etc. you know damn well you are working for a criminal organization.   If you don't have the sense to walk away, don't expect any sympathy from me.

Where the sympathy belongs is to the owners and employees of honest and capable contractors who have lost out to business bought by SNC bribery, kickbacks and fraud.

A better way is to use a dpa so as not to punish the folks pounding nails in boards.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




  • Tell a friend

    Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...