Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

The Death of the Federal Liberal Party


Recommended Posts

Meanwhile over here on the right in Canada, we are like the ethnic Germans in the Sudetenland, and Trump is our Americanischer Fuhrer, but instead of the Jewish Bolshevik Conspiracy, the Americanischer Fuhrer simply brings the Flag That Makes You Free, glory, glory, hallelujah. 

To include the freedom to invoke the Jewish Bolshevik Conspiracy as you like, even though it doesn't really make sense to assert  that the Jews created Stalin.

This is of course very threatening to the Canadian left, who prefer a thought policed nanny state where inconvenient speech is to be banned as necessary.

Which they can do, because Canada is a monarchy, and so vastly less free than the American republic.

The Queen's Peace sounds benign, but it is actually an iron fist wielded in the name of God's right hand.

Edited by Dougie93
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are all watching, in real time, the death of the Federal Liberal Party. The arguments between Chrétien/Paul Martin, guys like Warren Kinsella/Jean Lapierre getting involved, arguing - that was

Not the death, just a bump in the road but that'll teach them to with a name instead of brains

Not hardly. From what I can gather, Quebecers are largely mystified about what all the fuss is about. OF COURSE a big Quebec company should get special treatment. And all that corruption stuff, meh, t

And as you are seeing now, it is even crazier in the United Kingdom, the iron fist there is totally unrestrained, because they don't even have a written constitution, so they continue to just make shit up as they go, whereas Canada has moved towards the Americans and so is not quite as cray cray as the Brits.

So the Liberal Party of Canada is of course not all bad, they've done some very great things, but the thing that they haven't done, is keep the Americans out, the French in and the Indians down, thus rendering Confederation a failed state.

Mind you, UK Fenians have a history of waging paramilitary war against the Crown, while Pierre Trudeau nipped that shit in the bud here at "Just Watch Me".

Then the SCC rendered it moot with the Clarity Act, to keep the Queen's Peace.

Edited by Dougie93
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Right...and it is that very Canadian narrative that makes admonishments about "unity" somewhat laughable.  For the Canadian body politic, "unity" is just redefined and morphed to whatever the practical realities may be at the time, including "multiculturalism".

Multiculturalism is born out of the political reality of the "global village," another Canadianism (McLuhan).  In the global electric information age in which we find live, success means taking an open stance towards other cultures and groups rather than remaining sealed off within our cultural envelopes, so that free peoples can incorporate the best practices from a diverse range of options.  The alternative is monoculture, the colonial self-referential sprawl of the British and American Empires.  Yes, we've inherited many great institutions from former empires, but those who are willing to go into the Amazon and seek among the rarest of plants for health remedies will do best.  It serves countries to seek multilateral solutions to problems, to come to a consensus on fair international rules that improve working and living conditions, and promote the free exchange of goods and ideas.  Great walls lead to cultural and economic stagnation.  Pearson won the Nobel Peace Prize for peacekeeping because people see value in providing standards and protections, and to do so on an international scale.  In this regard, Canada is at the forefront.  Climate change can only be solved with global rules.  Same goes for fair trade.  Trump is taking the National Socialist approach to the US economy.  Use Mercantilist protectionist trade policies, a country's economic heft, to gain advantage over other countries.  He didn't count on the ensuing counter-tariffs and trade wars that created so many problems for the world in the past.  I think the only way to interpret Trump's moves positively is that they are forcing a rebalancing of trade flows and a revision of international organizations like the WTO, as long as that's what happens.  If instead countries continue to wall up and turn inwards, that's a sad turn of events and won't fix problems like climate change, since no one wants to have an economic disadvantage over anyone else.  It's the race for the fire exit as someone falsely shouts fire and incites fear.  People are trampled unnecessarily.

Edited by Zeitgeist
Link to post
Share on other sites

Under United Nations Chapter 6 Peacekeeping, we were not actually mandated to protect anybody, all Peacekeeping is, is supporting a ceasefire which was agreed to by the co-belligerents.

If they break the ceasefire,  Chapter 6 does not impede them, we simply document and report the violation up the chain of command to the UN at Manhattan.

When the UNPROFOR CAN BAT tried to assert a protection mandate at the Medak Pocket, they were directed to get out of the way by the chain of command, under pain of insubordination otherwise.

The Canadian public is rather delusional in their Peacekeeping myth, most Canadians have no idea what it is and how it works, or rather doesn't work, which is why we don't do it anymore.

Edited by Dougie93
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Under United Nations Chapter 6 Peacekeeping, we were not actually mandated to protect anybody, all Peacekeeping is, is supporting a ceasefire which was agreed to by the co-belligerents.

If they break the ceasefire,  Chapter 6 does not impede them, we simply document and report the violation up the chain of command to the UN at Manhattan.

When the UNPROFOR CAN BAT tried to assert a protection mandate at the Medak Pocket, they were directed to get out of the way by the chain of command, under pain of insubordination otherwise.

That’s why these policies need revision.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

That’s why these policies need revision.  

They have been revised.  The new policy is to use Canadian Special Operations Forces Command in conjunction with the Americans.

Blue Berets have given way to Tan Berets, keeping the peace is now entirely within the paradigm of counterterrorism.

Edited by Dougie93
Link to post
Share on other sites

See, the lesson of Afghanistan is that using any conventional forces at all, is bad for the government, because they don't win anything, they just get killed and come home in flag draped coffins, and the media just mucks around and finds things to assert to be "crimes!" and "scandalous!" and whatnot.

So CANSOFCOM has now become the arm of decision, because they don't suffer as much attrition, and they are Black, blacker than Black, blacker than even JSOC, CANSOFCOM is the most secretive military formation in the Western World, so the government can hide any scandals that come along, by invoking operational security.

Edited by Dougie93
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

..... I think the only way to interpret Trump's moves positively is that they are forcing a rebalancing of trade flows and a revision of international organizations like the WTO, as long as that's what happens.  If instead countries continue to wall up and turn inwards, that's a sad turn of events and won't fix problems like climate change, since no one wants to have an economic disadvantage over anyone else.  It's the race for the fire exit as someone falsely shouts fire and incites fear.  People are trampled unnecessarily.

 

But Canada is not a leader on such things....certainly not on climate GHG emissions reductions, regardless of federal ruling party.   Trudeau is now trapped in a quagmire of his own making, while Trump dines with his Chinese trade relations foes...with higher polled approval ratings.

Importing American political rhetoric will not change the fundamentals in Canada....pipelines..."aboriginals"...inter-provincial trade barriers...immigration backlash...etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

But Canada is not a leader on such things....certainly not on climate GHG emissions reductions, regardless of federal ruling party.   Trudeau is now trapped in a quagmire of his own making, while Trump dines with his Chinese trade relations foes...with higher polled approval ratings.

Importing American political rhetoric will not change the fundamentals in Canada....pipelines..."aboriginals"...inter-provincial trade barriers...immigration backlash...etc.

Indeed, the US pulled out of the Paris accord, and lowered their carbon emissions more than all virtue signaling countries who stayed in it. Zeitgeist has way too much faith in global institutions to solve problems, it's based on wishful thinking, not on reality.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Indeed, the US pulled out of the Paris accord, and lowered their carbon emissions more than all virtue signaling countries who stayed in it. Zeitgeist has way too much faith in global institutions to solve problems, it's based on wishful thinking, not on reality.

The Paris Accord scam is the left fabricating a rubric to redistribute wealth, the Marxist left just wants to tax everything they see, but they need some sort of fake mandate, Climate Change is low hanging dingbat fruit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why Slavoj Zizek is my favorite communist, and is generally the favorite communist of the right, because he doesn't lie, he has the courage of his communist convictions, and makes no bones about it, thus is worthy of respect. 

What is the solution to Climate Change?  One World Government Centrally Planned Authoritarian Intervention. The World Socialist Revolution lives.

Edited by Dougie93
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Indeed, the US pulled out of the Paris accord, and lowered their carbon emissions more than all virtue signaling countries who stayed in it. Zeitgeist has way too much faith in global institutions to solve problems, it's based on wishful thinking, not on reality.

Trump is resting on the laurels of predecessors.  We are yet to see the damage of his deregulation and weakening of the EPA. 

 

Edited by Zeitgeist
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Trump is resting on the laurels of predecessors.  We are yet to see the damage of his deregulation and weakening of the EPA. 

 

 

So are Trudeau and the Liberal Party, but guess who has experienced the most "damage".

"Trump...Trump...Trump" will not save Canadian Liberals from themselves.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

America's laurels are exactly what all presidents inherit and lead from....Canada cannot usurp that which it does not have.

The Liberal Party is allegedly the "natural ruling party of Canada", so when it screws up, there are no laurels to save it.

But it can't be killed without killing Canada itself, because at this point the Liberal Party of Canada is Canada, there is nothing else to fill the void of the lost Empire.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

But it can't be killed without killing Canada itself, because at this point the Liberal Party of Canada is Canada, there is nothing else to fill the void of the lost Empire.

 

Agreed....the Liberals will have to sleep in their own soiled beds.    Sunny ways !    

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Agreed....the Liberals will have to sleep in their own soiled beds.    Sunny ways !    

Your feds are destroying what states like California have built to fight climate change.  Don’t worry, Ford has undone what Wynne built to fight climate change in Ontario and other provinces are following suit.  Now Trudeau will try to uphold it in the face of Yellow Vests.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Your feds are destroying what states like California have built to fight climate change.  Don’t worry, Ford has undone what Wynne built to fight climate change.  Now Trudeau will try to uphold it in the face of Yellow Vests.  

 

Pssst...California has a big secret....please don't tell anybody...lots of oil and natural gas production.....# 4 in the nation.

Trudeau has bigger problems now than playing grab-ass games with climate change tree huggers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Pssst...California has a big secret....please don't tell anybody...lots of oil and natural gas production.....# 4 in the nation.

Trudeau has bigger problems now than playing grab-ass games with climate change tree huggers.

Right, so everyone is trying to have their cake and eat it too.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

No government can do anything about an epoch on that scale, not even a world government can stop it, so climate change is moot in a political sense.

According the Climate Scientists, we would have to execute a short notice global forced de-industrialization, trying that would just start a war which would end in a thermonuclear exchange, and that would just accelerate climate change.

Great answer, Dougie and all too true. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Even the Nazis in their own delusional way, as they were right when they said Stalin was preparing to invade Western Europe, all they did was preempt him, never thinking the British and Americans would side with the Bolsheviks against Germany.

Edited by Dougie93
Link to post
Share on other sites

Even Liberal Party of Canada UN Peacekeeping, that just gets innocent women and children raped and killed, they think Canada is there to protect them, so they come to the UN flag seeking protection, and all that does is put them in a kill zone, while the Canadians are ordered to stand idly by and spectate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




×
×
  • Create New...