Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Argus

This web site is in the fucking toilet

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

If the web site is crap to you or whatever, I don't see how a thread like this helpful. I've seen where you yourself have posted back and forth with these guys many, many times. All of hat stuff, I would never read. And now you come up with this to complain about it?

You haven't seen me posting with Dougie for a while since I put him into my ignore file shortly after he arrived. The other one can be a sane poster when he's not joining in with Dougie in his inane off topic shit.

56 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

What exactly is the point of this thread anyway?

Because I felt like it.

56 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Frankly it appears to be more of the same stupid back-and-forth that's out there.

Sure. But it's stupid back and forth that's ON TOPIC!

56 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Want to improve forums? Post serious, intelligent stuff and not respond or interact with anyone you consider "idiots". Just my two cents here, fella.

That's what I do, which is why a number of idiots here are in my ignore file. But it gets annoying when ever serious, intelligent discussion gets sidetracked by some lunatic talking about unrelated nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scribblet said:

Not too many people posting anymore..   what's the point if all you get is yards of conspiracy theories and crazy talk

Yeah. It pisses me off that turningrite was suspended and might never come back because those two feeble minded twerps were ragging on him. We lose serious members because of all the brainless shit from the likes of these two, Taxme, Hatespoliticians, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I will admit, it is pretty hilarious to have a random prohibitionist cuck fronting like he's some libertarian,

Hilarious is a pothead without a job strutting like he's a big man and calling people 'cuck' because he imagines that's somehow the thing for big, tough right wing types to do - even if he thinks he's a red tory because he's too fucking dumb to understand the difference between a red tory and a libertarian.

The only libertarian thing you know is that they're in favour of you getting high. And it sure looks like you do most of your political posturing that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Well Argus sure got his way in the Death of the Liberal Party thread, literally every single one of my posts was deleted, and the moderators sided with his snowflake ass, just as predicted.

If you can't keep to the rules maybe you ought to just fucking leave, eh, boy?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Simply being an asshole should not be grounds to limit speech,

On the contrary. The forum ought to do what is in the best interests of the forum community. If you've got a pair of assholes shitting all over the floor then people won't want to come in and sit down to have a chat. They'll hold their noses and move on. So the best thing to do is get rid of the assholes - or at least make them wear diapers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I was about to admonish you again, and then I tried to imagine having no one else to talk to.  And I thought, you know... At some point I would probably wander down to the bus station and just start taking to random weirdos, so ....

And how would that be different from the internet? Except the random weirdos at the bus station might vomit on your shoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We didn't suspend Turningrite, he just kept fabricating that people were attacking him when they simply disagreed with him, he was actually accusing eyeball of attacking him, we simply said "it's not an attack on you", then he flipped out and started attacking us, so we told him that was bullshit too.  Then he finally stormed off after he repeatedly threatened to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dougie93 said:

We didn't suspend Turningrite, he just kept fabricating that people were attacking him when they simply disagreed with him, he was actually accusing eyeball of attacking him, we simply said "it's not an attack on you", then he flipped out and started attacking us, so we told him that was bullshit too.  Then he finally stormed off after he repeatedly threatened to.

Your bumboy posted what must have been a dozen large scale cartoons and pictures mocking him. I wondered at the time how the two of you had joined up in that, and didn't realize until now that you were together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Argus said:

Your bumboy posted what must have been a dozen large scale cartoons and pictures mocking him. I wondered at the time how the two of you had joined up in that, and didn't realize until now that you were together.

Yeah, well, that happens on the internet when people like turningrite starting calling people out, Turningrite was hurling invective, he got mockery back.  Boo hoo too bad so sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Argus said:

On the contrary. The forum ought to do what is in the best interests of the forum community. If you've got a pair of assholes shitting all over the floor then people won't want to come in and sit down to have a chat. They'll hold their noses and move on. So the best thing to do is get rid of the assholes - or at least make them wear diapers.

I haven't been paying much attention to the site recently, but this post best explains why I posted the cartoon.  I bow to no-one in my support of freedom of speech and expression, even unto the grossest offence, but I'm not letting someone into my house if I don't like them. I doubt they would have much of a case for censorship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not your house.   If you think you can control a forum by clique, you're being silly.  If we wanted to jack your forum, we would bring an army of trolls, but we're just hanging out and shooting the breeze, we have no desire to take your forum from you, at this juncture at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

This is not your house.   If you think you can control a forum by clique, you're being silly.  If we wanted to jack your forum, we would bring an army of trolls, but we're just hanging out and shooting the breeze, we have no desire to take your forum from you, at this juncture at least.

Oh, ffs.  I had no idea you had an army of trolls.  Given about half of your posts seem to come from a random word generator, that's not surprising.

My point speaks to the absolute lack of understanding that some people seem to have regarding what freedom of speech actually means .  They think it applies to them only.  It doesn't.  This site has as much freedom to show you the door as you have to shit on the floor.  It's not my house, but it's somebodies.

Here's a suggestion.  Start a club.  You can say what you like, and no-one will care. 

Edited by bcsapper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, there's so much America bashing on this forum, do you really think that Bush_Cheney is the only American who would take exception?

We could just start linking this forum to people we know, and you would have a couple dozen Americans in here who are way more confrontational than we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Yeah, well, that happens on the internet when people like turningrite starting calling people out, Turningrite was hurling invective, he got mockery back.  Boo hoo too bad so sad.

Turningrite was just about the most moderate and polite poster here. I think he was startled by the mockery and insults because he hadn't really encountered it before. He overreacted to it for that reason. Why he was suspended, I couldn't say. Charles doesn't tell us these things, but it was certainly over his reaction to your juvenile antics. And as a poster his contributes were far above anything you and your bumboy have managed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

Oh, ffs.  I had no idea you had an army of trolls.  Given about half of your posts seem to come from a random word generator, that's not surprising.

My point speaks to the absolute lack of understanding what freedom of speech means that some people seem to have.  They think it applies to them only.  It doesn't.  This site has as much freedom to show you the dooor as you have to shit on the floor.  It's not my house, but it's somebodies.

Here's a suggestion.  Start a club.  You can say what you like, and no-one will care. 

Why would I care about what people care about?  I only care about what I care about, what other people think of it, can be interesting, but is rather irrelevant to me at the end of the day.

I'm not attacking people personally, I'm just shooting the breeze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I mean, there's so much America bashing on this forum, do you really think that Bush_Cheney is the only American who would take exception?

We could just start linking this forum to people we know, and you would have a couple dozen Americans in here who are way more confrontational than we are.

And their posts would be deleted and they and YOU would wind up being banned.
There is 'some' America bashing. So what? It's a Canadian forum. The difference between the people who bash America (most of which is bashing that idiot Trump) and Bush Cheney is that these people don't go on American forums to bash Americans. BC comes onto a Canadian forum to bash Canadians. Which is why he's a troll and in my ignore file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Why would I care about what people care about?  I only care about what I care about, what other people think of it, can be interesting, but is rather irrelevant to me at the end of the day.

I'm not attacking people personally, I'm just shooting the breeze.

The problem is when the breeze you shoot smells like anal outgassing to those around you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Argus said:

Turningrite was just about the most moderate and polite poster here. I think he was startled by the mockery and insults because he hadn't really encountered it before. He overreacted to it for that reason. Why he was suspended, I couldn't say. Charles doesn't tell us these things, but it was certainly over his reaction to your juvenile antics. And as a poster his contributes were far above anything you and your bumboy have managed.

I didn't suspend Turningrite, and i didn't tell Charles Anthony to suspend him, I didn't complain about Turiningrite, I didn't report him, he just called me a loser, I said "pretty sure you're the loser", then he went apeshit by his own hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Argus said:

And their posts would be deleted and they and YOU would wind up being banned.
 

For what?  Defending America from Canadian bashing?  It's not prohibited by the terms and conditions.

Clearly it doesn't take much more than disagreeing with the clique here to troll the clique here, the clique here trolls itself, simply by trying to stomp out dissent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Why would I care about what people care about?  I only care about what I care about, what other people think of it, can be interesting, but is rather irrelevant to me at the end of the day.

I'm not attacking people personally, I'm just shooting the breeze.

My mistake, I got you and Y mixed up.  It was that poster who was complaining about censorship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

For what?  Defending America from Canadian bashing?  It's not prohibited by the terms and conditions.

Dude, I defend America from being bashed if it's being bashed unfairly. I'm very pro-America in most ways. That doesn't mean i don't recognize the inherent flaws in their system, the level of corruption unregulated money brings to politics, or the inefficiency and stupidity of certain practices.

Quote

Clearly it doesn't take much more than disagreeing with the clique here to troll the clique here, the clique here trolls itself, simply by trying to stomp out dissent.

The forum loves dissent, if the disagreement is intelligently put and on topic. If it weave back and forth like a drunken sailor spewing his evening meal all over the furniture then the forum tends to get huffy.

Edited by Argus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, what's with the America Bashing whine?   It's a big country.  Lots to whine about, even if you love it.

Edited by bcsapper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not telling you not to bash America, bash away, I just know lots of people who would make an account here and join me and Yzermandias to take exception to it, were I to start linking this forum to other forums.

Edited by Dougie93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm not telling you not to bash America, bash away, I just know lots of people who would make an account here and join me and Yzermandias to take exception to it, were I to start linking this forum to other forums.

Why don't you take exception to it by arguing the issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Argus said:

The forum loves dissent, if the disagreement is intelligently put and on topic. If it weave back and forth like a drunken sailor spewing his evening meal all over the furniture then the forum tends to get huffy.

Oh well huff and puff as you like. I'm just doing reconnaissance, figuring out who the forum clique is here, and the parameters of the moderation to see where the limits are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...