Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Argus

Why is this crook back in Canada?

There seems to be a growing trail of sliminess about this government. Not to mention an eagerness that borders in desperation to please any ethnic or immigrant group that might have a vote for them - especially those who tend to vote Liberal. Like for example, Sikhs.

And guess who's back in the news? Raj Grewal! It looks like he intervened on behalf of a Sikh crook who was deported - after more than a ten year legal battle, to somehow get him back into Canada. And according to insiders such a thing would require a lot of pull, and likely permission from the minister himself - that's our Somali refugee minister Hussein.

For 13 years Harjit Singh had tried to avoid deportation, but it was his final, desperate bid to stay in Canada that made him the leading man in a bizarre political drama.
Levelling allegations he later admitted were fabricated, Singh brought down a federal cabinet minister — Judy Sgro — and caused weeks of heartburn for Paul Martin’s Liberal government of the early 2000s. It was to no avail.

The Brampton, Ont., pizza shop owner had also been found liable for credit card fraud, was suspected of people smuggling and accused by police of threatening the relatives of witnesses in his fraud case.

On Feb. 2, 2005, Canadian border officials put Singh on a plane back to his native India, seemingly for good. “Public interest in the integrity of the immigration system clearly favours his removal at the earliest opportunity,” said a judge hearing the last of his many legal appeals. But 13 years later, the unlikely headline-maker is back in Canada, allowed in under a new Liberal government, his visa request aided by a “routine” letter from another MP immersed in controversy, Raj Grewal.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/thirteen-years-later-pizza-shop-owner-deported-after-fabricating-allegations-against-liberal-mp-is-back-in-canada#comments-area

19 hours ago, scribblet said:

Votes, that's why 

I'm betting not. I'm betting this guy slipped some money to Grewal, who then had an urgent discussion with Hussain and convinced him to let the guy in.

On 2/22/2019 at 11:42 AM, Argus said:

I'm betting not. I'm betting this guy slipped some money to Grewal, who then had an urgent discussion with Hussain and convinced him to let the guy in.

I would not bet against you.

On 2/22/2019 at 2:12 PM, Argus said:

Do you have any evidence for that allegation? 

19 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Do you have any evidence for that allegation? 

Uh...yeah.  The guy is back in Canada.  THAT alone is sufficient evidence to warrant an investigation of any and all involved.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cannuck said:

Uh...yeah.  The guy is back in Canada.  THAT alone is sufficient evidence to warrant an investigation of any and all involved.

Be careful, lads.