Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
jacee

Time to take on far-right terrorists

Recommended Posts

Far-right nationalists can no longer be thought of as a fringe group. They're leading one of the major terrorist movements of our time.

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/new-zealand-mosque-shootings-far-right-extremism/

6 people killed in Quebec.

Now 49 killed in New Zealand. 

If the far right terrorists want to go fight ISIS, they are free to do so. Murdering innocent people praying in a mosque is a coward's act.

And all of these violent white supremacists are free to kill where and when they choose BECAUSE THE POLICE AREN'T WATCHING THEM! 

And in Canada, it’s not clear how seriously police and intelligence agencies take the threat of far-right extremism.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4188139/far-right-extremely-small-csis/

Get your shit together RCMP & CSIS! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jacee said:

Far-right nationalists can no longer be thought of as a fringe group. They're leading one of the major terrorist movements of our time.

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/new-zealand-mosque-shootings-far-right-extremism/

6 people killed in Quebec.

Now 49 killed in New Zealand. 

If the far right terrorists want to go fight ISIS, they are free to do so. Murdering innocent people praying in a mosque is a coward's act.

And all of these violent white supremacists are free to kill where and when they choose BECAUSE THE POLICE AREN'T WATCHING THEM! 

And in Canada, it’s not clear how seriously police and intelligence agencies take the threat of far-right extremism.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4188139/far-right-extremely-small-csis/

Get your shit together RCMP & CSIS! 

How many has Islamic terrorists killed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

I'll help you.  It's a wiki.  Not imperical but good enough to say more than 50.

 

Thousands in listed terror attacks, thousands injured.  Countless islamic murders as well.  But Muslims are a victim class right and white people are not according the left wing victim flow chart.  Right?

Edited by Donnie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Donnie said:

How many has Islamic terrorists killed?

I'm not your googler.

Do your own research.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jacee said:

I'm not your googler.

Do your own research.

Okay., During this last 30 days, there were 99 Islamic attacks in 20 countries, in which 701 people were killed and 697 injured.

I'm not worried about right wing extremists. There aren't enough of them in this country to fill a school bus.
 

Edited by Argus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jacee said:

I'm not your googler.

Do your own research.

But Muslims are a qualified victim class right?  White people are not.  According to the left wing victim flow chart.

 

I was editing the post when you posted this terse reply.

Edited by Donnie
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who has killed more in Canada - Muslim terrorists or home-grown hate killers ?  I believe it's still the latter.  In any case the threat is somewhat in the same scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Argus said:

Okay., During this last 30 days, there were 99 Islamic attacks in 20 countries, in which 701 people were killed and 697 injured.

I'm not worried about right wing extremists. There aren't enough of them in this country to fill a school bus.
 

Yes, just last week, muslims killed over 30 christians in Nigeria. Did we hear it? No, It is bec'os the news don't fix the lefties agenda

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/cwn/2019/march/radical-muslims-murder-32-nigerian-christians-torch-church-in-brutal-attack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Who has killed more in Canada - Muslim terrorists or home-grown hate killers ?  I believe it's still the latter.  In any case the threat is somewhat in the same scale.

false narrative. The only reason why you don't see as much Muslim terrorist in America is because we vett more of them here than Europe. There's not much the government can do about homegrown terrorist unless we all be subject to a police state. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Who has killed more in Canada - Muslim terrorists or home-grown hate killers ?  I believe it's still the latter.  In any case the threat is somewhat in the same scale.

Yes you’re right in terms of within the US and within Canada.  Worldwide Muslim terrorism murders far more people, including Muslim against Muslim.  Right wing extremism is a serious problem.  Terrorism of any kind is deplorable.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How pathetic to see Islamophobes pulling the "context" card to distance themselves away from right-wing terrorists, while still condemning Muslims for the same "excuse" when we distance ourselves from groups like ISIS.

Terrorism is terrorism. Victims are victims. This is nothing less than a tragedy and a smear on humanity, no matter the perpetrators.

 I know there are many out there who do not think the same way, who will celebrate these deaths or distance themselves and their ideas away from it while still spreading the same hate that led to this. All the while, we who call for justice and peace will continue to be murdered, blamed, held responsible, and our ideas will be considered "the problem" because someone who shouts "Allahu Akbar" commits a similar attack.

My message to those Far-right social nobodies who are enjoying this attack:

The Quran says: Say: "Can you expect for us (any fate) other than one of two glorious things- (Martyrdom or victory)? But we can expect for you either that Allah will send his punishment from Himself, or by our hands. So wait (expectant); we too will wait with you."

Edited by Saudi Monitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes you’re right in terms of within the US and within Canada.  Worldwide Muslim terrorism murders far more people, including Muslim against Muslim.  Right wing extremism is a serious problem.  Terrorism of any kind is deplorable.  

I didn't say the US.  I said Canada.  

I actually have to tell people online that killing innocents is wrong now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Argus said:

I'm not worried about right wing extremists. There aren't enough of them in this country to fill a school bus.

Well one person can kill dozens or hundreds, so ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I didn't say the US.  I said Canada.  

I actually have to tell people online that killing innocents is wrong now.

 

Indeed...but some here just reflexively include the U.S. to bolster a position....it's very common in Canadian media as well.

As for killin' in Canada (innocents or otherwise), homicide rates are near 20 year lows:

 

Canadas-homicide-rate-change-1024x717.pn

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

As for killin' in Canada (innocents or otherwise), homicide rates are near 20 year lows:

I wish there could be a graph for security anxiety that went decades back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Michael Hardner said:

I wish there could be a graph for security anxiety that went decades back.

 

Agreed....homicide is homicide, regardless of political context.

Most victims in Canada are killed or injured by someone they know or associate with.

From older 2007 data:

Quote

The large majority of victims knew their attacker

Most victims knew the person who killed them – in 2007, a relatively small proportion (16%) of solved homicides were committed by a stranger. The rate of homicides committed by a stranger has been fairly stable over the past 30 years (Chart 7).

Homicide victims in Canada are almost equally likely to be killed by a family member as they are an acquaintance. In 2007, of all solved homicides, about one-third of victims were killed by an acquaintance and a further one-third by a family member (Table 7).

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/85-002-x/2008009/article/10671-eng.htm

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Agreed....homicide is homicide, regardless of political context.

In 1967 a significant number of North Americans had lived lives that were directly touched by war.  There's little understanding of the alchemy that makes a national psyche.  The America and Canada that produced prairie boys who went to war, then came back and built a cultural, industrial and military superpower is not the same as today's North America.  

It's true that history, as passed down from generation to generation, or even by historians or popular culture is ... flawed.  But rootlessness is worse - as it creates a contextual vacuum.  And this is a condition of our times regardless of politics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

 ...It's true that history, as passed down from generation to generation, or even by historians or popular culture is ... flawed.  But rootlessness is worse - as it creates a contextual vacuum.  And this is a condition of our times regardless of politics.

 

Well, the data exists, and is not difficult to find even in poorly funded and information challenged Canada.

This topic follows what is now an old narrative and political agenda..."far right terrorists".....compared to what ?

Canada already has hate speech laws and firearms restrictions, but homicide rates are still higher than in many other OECD nations.

Welcome to North America !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The attack on the Muslims in NZ has entirely undermined the Far-right narrative of Islam and Muslims being "violent and backward". It will be interesting to see the response from these low-life opportunists and whether they link the white man's crime to ideology. Regardless, in the grand scheme of things, this terror attack is a direct result of the current Islamophobia where Islam and Muslims have collectively been blamed for any act of terror and deliberately dehumanized . 

 The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever is killed protecting his wealth is a martyr, and whoever is killed protecting his religion is a martyr, and whoever is killed protecting his life is a martyr, and whoever is killed protecting his family is a martyr.

RIP to the victims!

 

Edited by Saudi Monitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Islam isn't a race or a skin colour. It has nothing to do with one's DNA.

It's a man made religion. Emphasis on "man".

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Saudi Monitor said:

How pathetic to see Islamophobes pulling the "context" card to distance themselves away from right-wing terrorists, while still condemning Muslims for the same "excuse" when we distance ourselves from groups like ISIS.

Terrorism is terrorism. Victims are victims. This is nothing less than a tragedy and a smear on humanity, no matter the perpetrators.

 I know there are many out there who do not think the same way, who will celebrate these deaths or distance themselves and their ideas away from it while still spreading the same hate that led to this. All the while, we who call for justice and peace will continue to be murdered, blamed, held responsible, and our ideas will be considered "the problem" because someone who shouts "Allahu Akbar" commits a similar attack.

My message to those Far-right social nobodies who are enjoying this attack:

The Quran says: Say: "Can you expect for us (any fate) other than one of two glorious things- (Martyrdom or victory)? But we can expect for you either that Allah will send his punishment from Himself, or by our hands. So wait (expectant); we too will wait with you."

My only problem with your take on this is your last paragraph, which presents an often discussed issue when it comes to Islam in general: Does Islamic text and do some Muslim leaders promote harm to Infidels?  I agree that all terrorism is bad and I’d like to think that its perpetrators are only insane extremists, but is there something inherent in the religion that promotes mistreatment of non-Muslims?   I know certain writers such as Irshad Manji have referred to this problem.  We hear about the murders of Christians in Pakistan and Egypt, and the Shia murders of Sunnis or the reverse.  Yes, right wing terrorism is equally horrific.  I’ve heard about the Star of David being treated like a doormat in madrassas overseas.  Is this all just anti-Islam propaganda?

Edited by Zeitgeist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Who has killed more in Canada - Muslim terrorists or home-grown hate killers ?  I believe it's still the latter.  In any case the threat is somewhat in the same scale.

I can think of that one attack on the mosque in Quebec by the loonie who then called police and turned himself in. That's about it. Not exactly an organized guerrilla cell there...

Edited by Argus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Saudi Monitor said:

How pathetic to see Islamophobes pulling the "context" card to distance themselves away from right-wing terrorists, while still condemning Muslims for the same "excuse" when we distance ourselves from groups like ISIS.

But you DON'T distance yourself from ISIS. There is virtually nothing different between the religious beliefs of ISIS and the religious beliefs as taught in Saudi Arabia. In fact, ISIS follows the Saudi Wahhabi teachings on Islam.

3 hours ago, Saudi Monitor said:

The Quran says: Say: "Can you expect for us (any fate) other than one of two glorious things- (Martyrdom or victory)? But we can expect for you either that Allah will send his punishment from Himself, or by our hands. So wait (expectant); we too will wait with you."

Does it? Does it also not say  "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" "

Does it also not say  "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

And also  "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I didn't say the US.  I said Canada.  

I actually have to tell people online that killing innocents is wrong now.

What kind of freaking sites are you visiting anyway? :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The attack in N.Z. certainly has promoted the notion that it's just 'far right' ideologues we have to worry about, no mention of the 'far left' extremists  notably ANTIFA who promote violence and incite people to violence.    No mention anywhere of the Christians killed on a regular basis around the world, recently Nigeria and the Philippines which hardly elicits a response from any politician. The problem isn't just the far right but anyone who questions immigration legal or otherwise is immediately branded as a far right racist... etc.    An overused word from  liberals who will throw it at you anytime they disagree with you. 

An Australian Senator spoke up about it and is immediately branded racist,  anyone questioning illegal immigration or asking questions about it is immediately branded as far right and racist.   

There is no excuse for what happened in N.Z., no one should have to worry about being killed for any reason, but as politically incorrect as it is to say it;  for some reason only Muslims are victims these days and little sympathy from politicians et al for the Christian slaughter happening on a regular basis. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/15/australian-senator-fraser-anning-criticised-blaming-new-zealand-attack-on-muslim-immigration

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saudi Monitor said:

The attack on the Muslims in NZ has entirely undermined the Far-right narrative of Islam and Muslims being "violent and backward". It will be interesting to see the response from these low-life opportunists and whether they link the white man's crime to ideology. Regardless, in the grand scheme of things, this terror attack is a direct result of the current Islamophobia where Islam and Muslims have collectively been blamed for any act of terror and deliberately dehumanized . 

I know an Aussie and he says that decades ago a lot of Lebanese refugees arrived, and they settled down and built businesses and everything went smashingly. But they were Christians. And in the last ten years Lebanese who have been arriving are Muslims, and things have not gone so well. There has been a lot of violence, a lot of fighting and harrassment of beachgoers, especially women, leading to riots. There've been a lot of political turmoil over this in Australia. That is what produced this guy.

1 hour ago, Saudi Monitor said:

 The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever is killed protecting his wealth is a martyr, and whoever is killed protecting his religion is a martyr, and whoever is killed protecting his life is a martyr, and whoever is killed protecting his family is a martyr.

 "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...