Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
John Otis

Is America rich because it siphons the wealth of other nations?

Recommended Posts

Okay, so one of the many reasons why so many countries claim to hate America is because..... well.... the title.

 

If so, is this not a good reason to destroy America or to make America poor so that poor nations can be rich?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John Otis said:

Okay, so one of the many reasons why so many countries claim to hate America is because..... well.... the title.

 

If so, is this not a good reason to destroy America or to make America poor so that poor nations can be rich?

Wealth isn't a zero-sum game.  It's a measure of activity.  There isn't a fixed sum of wealthy that we're fighting for across the nations - it's economic activity that makes wealth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Wealth isn't a zero-sum game.  It's a measure of activity.  There isn't a fixed sum of wealthy that we're fighting for across the nations - it's economic activity that makes wealth.

So it does siphon the resources and the world should destroy it, is that what you are saying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, John Otis said:

Okay, so one of the many reasons why so many countries claim to hate America is because..... well.... the title.

 

If so, is this not a good reason to destroy America or to make America poor so that poor nations can be rich?

America has an immense trade deficit.

Better luck next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

America has an immense trade deficit.

Better luck next time.

 

America's one of the few countries on the planet to still have a meaningful gold reserve. Something like half a trillion in raw bullion at Ft Knox, alone.

And that's just gold...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

 America's one of the few countries on the planet to still have a meaningful gold reserve. Something like half a trillion in raw bullion at Ft Knox, alone.

And that's just gold...

B-but they stole it!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, QuebecOverCanada said:

B-but they stole it!!!

 

Stole schmole. They still have a year's wages saved-up while the rest of us bums struggle with the heat bill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Otis said:

So they should be destroyed, is that what you are saying?

My mother has always told me to not hit and mock the handicapped so we'll stay there in our conversation.

Have a good day John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

America makes the rest of the world richer. Why would the world want them destroyed? The rest of the world doesn't want to kill the golden goose.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before discuss this topic, let's see an example:

Tom is an American capitalist who owns a company with a factory which is a Walmart supplier and employs 100 American workers.  Tom earns $1,000,000/yearly and his workers are paid $50,000/yearly.

One day Walmart hacks the price of Tom's company's products so Tom's income becomes $0/yearly. 

"Why should I pay every worker $50,000 each year meanwhile I earns zero?" Tom thinks.

So he closes his American factory and opens a new factory in China, and hires 100 Chinese workers who are paid $10,000/yearly.

The question is: At the end of the year, how much Tom will earn?

If we don't count in other factors like the tax or transportation costs...etc, the answer is Tom will earn (50,000-10,000)x100=$4,000,000/yearly.

 

So, where does the 4 million dollars come from?

A communist will say: It's obvious....Tom siphons $40,000 from each of his poor Chinese worker yearly...

A capitalist will say: No. Tom doesn't force the Chinese workers to accept the wage. Exactly he pays his workers more than other Chinese companies do. IMO it seems like each American worker siphoned $40,000 yearly from Tom's pocket...

------------------------------------------------------

The example also works for a country:

NASA has found a planet which environment is just as same as earth. So NASA has build a spaceship which only American citizens are allowed aboard.   

I guess at this point some Americans will yell: "What? No Russians, no Chinese, no Muslim.....I'm a F-35 maker. How could I live on that planet without them?":lol:

I advice these F-35 makers just don't worry. In a pure USA blood planet, without Russians, Chinese, Muslims....I'm sure your Americans will begin to blast each others asses sooner or later just like what you did 150 years ago. It's the human nature. So you can still sell your F-35s there.:P

My question is: In that planet, will you Americans live better than the current world?

Edited by xul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xul said:

Before discuss this topic, let's see an example:

Tom is an American capitalist who owns a company with a factory which is a Walmart supplier and employs 100 American workers.  Tom earns $1,000,000/yearly and his workers are paid $50,000/yearly.

One day Walmart hacks the price of Tom's company's products so Tom's income becomes $0/yearly. 

"Why should I pay every worker $50,000 each year meanwhile I earns zero?" Tom thinks.

So he closes his American factory and opens a new factory in China, and hires 100 Chinese workers who are paid $10,000/yearly.

The question is: At the end of the year, how much Tom will earn?

If we don't count in other factors like the tax or transportation costs...etc, the answer is Tom will earn (50,000-10,000)x100=$4,000,000/yearly.

 

So, where does the 4 million dollars come from?

A communist will say: It's obvious....Tom siphons $40,000 from each of his poor Chinese worker yearly...

A capitalist will say: No. Tom doesn't force the Chinese workers to accept the wage. Exactly he pays his workers more than other Chinese companies do. IMO it seems like each American worker siphoned $40,000 yearly from Tom's pocket...

------------------------------------------------------

The example also works for a country:

NASA has found a planet which environment is just as same as earth. So NASA has build a spaceship which only American citizens are allowed aboard.   

I guess at this point some Americans will yell: "What? No Russians, no Chinese, no Muslim.....I'm a F-35 maker. How could I live on that planet without them?":lol:

I advice these F-35 makers just don't worry. In a pure USA blood planet, without Russians, Chinese, Muslims....I'm sure your Americans will begin to blast each others asses sooner or later just like what you did 150 years ago. It's the human nature. So you can still sell your F-35s there.:P

My question is: In that planet, will you Americans live better than the current world?

 

Sooooooo..... America should be destroyed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AngusThermopyle said:

Jesus! We've been getting a bunch of these destroy America type loonies here lately.

 

Well ma'am, if they are the cause of the troubles of the world then duh, they should be destroyed.

 

If a murderer was on the loose, that person has to be arrested otherwise they are just going to continue murdering.

 

Let me put it to you in another way: Cancer..... cancer make the patient die, you kill the cancer, the patient lives.

 

See how that works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

America makes the rest of the world richer. Why would the world want them destroyed? The rest of the world doesn't want to kill the golden goose.

Well unfortunately, there are a lot who disagree. What about there side?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John Otis said:

 

Sooooooo..... America should be destroyed?

Oops! I forgot adding second question on second example:

After Americans leave earth, will other parts of the world feel better?

I think it depends

The people in those countries which are bombed 48 times by F-16s will cheer for the event

Russian will welcome it since without US, Russia will become a new Soviet and great again:P.

China will welcome the event in general. The political and military benefits are obvious. On the other hand, there will be economic impact since US is the major market of Chinese industrial products.

I think Indian will welcome the event. American will leave a huge vacant in Indian Ocean region and Indian will be able to realize their long-lasting dream of dominating the region due to its geographic advantage.

Among those American allies:

Japan will welcome it. If you know Japan is actually still an occupied country like Iraq you will understand it though like China, there will be economic impart.

EU will definitely welcome it though they may have some Russian problem needs to be fixed. But considering Russia current economic status, it won't be difficult.

All US protection l beggars like Taiwan, Dalai Lama, some Eastern Europe small countries, all sorts of so-called freedom fighters who are funded by CIA.....will cry for their dying day.... 

 

 

Edited by xul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2019 at 3:33 PM, QuebecOverCanada said:

America has an immense trade deficit.

Better luck next time.

As Michael Hardner said (and Adam Smith argued), life is not a zero game.

If America has an immense trade deficit, it merely means that foreigners love to trade with Americans.

=====

Accounting is +/-

Economics is +/+ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, John Otis said:

Well unfortunately, there are a lot who disagree. What about there side?

They are wrong. The world's number one power is always has haters, often times for specious reasons, it comes with the territory.

In reality, America is the light of civilization, and getting rid of them will hurt the world far more than it would help.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, xul said:

Oops! I forgot adding second question on second example:

After Americans leave earth, will other parts of the world feel better?

I think it depends

The people in those countries which are bombed 48 times by F-16s will cheer for the event

Russian will welcome it since without US, Russia will become a new Soviet and great again:P.

China will welcome the event in general. The political and military benefits are obvious. On the other hand, there will be economic impact since US is the major market of Chinese industrial products.

I think Indian will welcome the event. American will leave a huge vacant in Indian Ocean region and Indian will be able to realize their long-lasting dream of dominating the region due to its geographic advantage.

Among those American allies:

Japan will welcome it. If you know Japan is actually still an occupied country like Iraq you will understand it though like China, there will be economic impart.

EU will definitely welcome it though they may have some Russian problem needs to be fixed. But considering Russia current economic status, it won't be difficult.

All US protection l beggars like Taiwan, Dalai Lama, some Eastern Europe small countries, all sorts of so-called freedom fighters who are funded by CIA.....will cry for their dying day.... 

 

 

Well then there you go, most people will be happy after all!

 

My question now, is why, WHY hasn't those countries you listed united and destroyed the United States of America and then divided its lands and as for the population, use them as forced labor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Otis said:

Well then there you go, most people will be happy after all!

 

My question now, is why, WHY hasn't those countries you listed united and destroyed the United States of America and then divided its lands and as for the population, use them as forced labor?

No major power will be happy with the US gone. Russia needs the US a boogeyman to prop itself up. The Chinese economy is propped up by the American economy. Japan loves the US, and will not welcome them being destroyed. India will not welcome a destabilized China in the wake of America's destruction. The EU will not welcome it, because the Russian will try to fill the "America at the gates!" hole with the EU and China. Xul is completely incorrect in his assessment as to the reaction of these countries.

Xul is right about US protection beggars not being happy about it, and he's right about a few countries that America has been to war with relatively recently might like it, but the vast majority of the world will rue the day that America was destroyed.

The countries who would like to see America destroyed aren't in a position to destroy America, and the countries that don't want it, aren't going to side with those who would attempt to destroy America.

If as much of the world wanted America destroyed as John Otis seems to think, then they would have already tried if they thought they could win and wouldn't pay much of a price for it. The reason that hasn't happened, is because John Otis has vastly overestimated the amount of people who want to see America destroyed, and he vastly overrates their ability to destroy it without paying a price they are unwilling to pay.

There is no other explanation, but no matter how many times I try to tell him this, it doesn't get through his thick skull, and he goes back to snorting wishful thinking dust by the truck load. He refuses to think that a giant portion of the world doesn't want to see America destroyed, no matter how obvious it is that this isn't the case.

 

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

No major power will be happy with the US gone. 

 

Eeeeeh..... wrong answer.

 

According to Ujala Arshad saadi on YouTube:

 

"The American Government should always be Ashamed for killing millions of innocent peoples in all over the world including japan Iraq Afghanistan, Vetnaam ,Shaam"

-Ujala Arshad saadi

 

"That's it, just ashamed? Why not k*** all Americans so that the millions who have died would be given justice and millions more would be spared? Come on, do it already."

- Cashew Nuttel

 

"first of all mind your language, secondly i am talking about Government not civilians and thirdly not bad option BTW .the world would be really peaceful then.i hope now you understand."

Ujala Arshad saadi

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF4LQaWJRDg&lc=z22ozh2bivinz1reracdp43a3jnhyigbnjt2vkbr4r1w03c010c.1553598602405855

 

21 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

There is no other explanation, but no matter how many times I try to tell him this, it doesn't get through his thick skull, and he goes back to snorting wishful thinking dust by the truck load. He refuses to think that a giant portion of the world doesn't want to see America destroyed, no matter how obvious it is that this isn't the case.

 

 

I understand your frustration..... but please understand mine. Stop being selfish and understand the sides who have been hurt and died because of them. Are there children going to continue to get hurt? Are they going to continue to die because of them and you? Where is there justice?

 

I'm sorry but I refuse everything you have stated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, John Otis said:

 

Eeeeeh..... wrong answer.

 

According to Ujala Arshad saadi on YouTube:

 

"The American Government should always be Ashamed for killing millions of innocent peoples in all over the world including japan Iraq Afghanistan, Vetnaam ,Shaam"

-Ujala Arshad saadi

 

"That's it, just ashamed? Why not k*** all Americans so that the millions who have died would be given justice and millions more would be spared? Come on, do it already."

- Cashew Nuttel

 

"first of all mind your language, secondly i am talking about Government not civilians and thirdly not bad option BTW .the world would be really peaceful then.i hope now you understand."

Ujala Arshad saadi

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF4LQaWJRDg&lc=z22ozh2bivinz1reracdp43a3jnhyigbnjt2vkbr4r1w03c010c.1553598602405855

 

 

 

I understand your frustration..... but please understand mine. Stop being selfish and understand the sides who have been hurt and died because of them. Are there children going to continue to get hurt? Are they going to continue to die because of them and you? Where is there justice?

 

I'm sorry but I refuse everything you have stated.

None of the people you quoted are indicative of the general attitude of the world's population, or even any major power. Not sure why you think the world hates America enough to want it destroyed, but they don't. If they did, then they'd be trying to destroy it as we speak, yet only a few fringe groups around the world are trying to destroy America, so clearly the idea is nowhere near as popular as you perceive it to be.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

None of the people you quoted are indicative of the general attitude of the world's population, or even any major power. Not sure why you think the world hates America enough to want it destroyed, but they don't.

Ma'am.... it's not just two people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...