Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Robert Greene

How Does Canada Get Out of Debt?

Recommended Posts

We have been out of a recession for over 5 years, yet Canada still continues to borrow money like there's no tomorrow.

I want to hear from liberals on this issue.

If we had to make spending cuts, what areas should we cut?

Edited by Robert Greene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is "Canada" in debt?

Define "Canada". Define "debt". In fact, ordinary Canadians privately and Canadians collectively have accumulated enormous real wealth.

=======

Is the World/Earth more in debt now than 100 years ago?

(Note: How does the World/Earth borrow from Mars?)

  

Edited by August1991

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 12:58 AM, Robert Greene said:

.....

I want to hear from liberals on this issue.

....

A small-l liberal (me) notes that the Fed has printed zillions of dollars in the past few years, 10 years or so, and yet there's been no inflation.

Yet, I'm (me) still a Conservative in Canada.

Go figure, Robert.

 

Edited by August1991

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canada gets out of debt with a responsible government in power.  It actually takes hard work to run up big deficits because the structure budget is in pretty good shape thanks to previous governments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 9:58 PM, Robert Greene said:

We have been out of a recession for over 5 years, yet Canada still continues to borrow money like there's no tomorrow.

I want to hear from liberals on this issue.

If we had to make spending cuts, what areas should we cut?

I can't help but think about and be sad about the trillions of our tax dollars that have been blown by our useless politically correct puppet on a string liberal/socialist,communist, and even conservative politicians over the past several decades on silly ass liberal/socialist/conservative and communist programs and agendas like multiculturalism, bilingualism, foreign-aid, refugees and massive third world immigration. Can one imagine how rich Canadians would be today if Canadians had not allowed all the useless bottom feeding bunch of buffoon  politicians to have had easy access to our tax dollars? I am surprised that this country is not another Somalia. But then again maybe it is. Our low Canadian peso should tell us all that Canada has a debt and spending problem.

Liberals are just too stupid and just too stunned to listen to reason, logic and common sense. They only live off of and use emotionalism every day of their lives, and can only talk silly and foolishness talk. They can only offer nothing but sadness and despair. They are bankrupting hundreds of thousands of Canadians every year with their over spending of our tax dollars. 

Those programs I mentioned above, if they were all cut today, Canadians should have thousands of dollars more of their hard earned dollars left in their wallets.

Government"IS" the problem, and never the solution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2019 at 1:37 PM, Truth Detector said:

Canada gets out of debt with a responsible government in power.  It actually takes hard work to run up big deficits because the structure budget is in pretty good shape thanks to previous governments.

Canada has not had a responsible government since old man Trudeau became the PM of Canada. His feminist child is carrying on his legacy of blown taxpayer's tax dollars and dumping dozens of useless communist programs and agendas that have done nothing to make Canada great, but has made Canada only worse. With the alt-left liberals running this country for decades now all they can show us for all of their efforts and great achievements is debt slavery. Blowing taxpayer's tax dollars is not hard work for those spend crazy liberal idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 12:58 AM, Robert Greene said:

We have been out of a recession for over 5 years, yet Canada still continues to borrow money like there's no tomorrow.

I want to hear from liberals on this issue.

If we had to make spending cuts, what areas should we cut?

Not a Liberal at all but hey.

1) Annihilate CBC straight away.

2) Reduce immigration by at least 3 quarters of what we're doing.

3) Reduce legislation for corporations and small enterprises. 

4) Reduce the number of Ministries by half. Switzerland has only 6 ministries. We should have way less than 30. We're not a banana republic, not everyone gets to be a Minister of something because reasons.

5) Up the tax on foreign people owning real estate immediately. The people will then be able to have affordable housing and will pay hefty taxes just to get a home left by the foreigners.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, taxme said:

I can't help but think about and be sad about the trillions of our tax dollars that have been blown by our useless politically correct puppet on a string liberal/socialist,communist, and even conservative politicians over the past several decades on silly ass liberal/socialist/conservative and communist programs and agendas like multiculturalism, bilingualism, foreign-aid, refugees and massive third world immigration.....

Government "spending" is very different from government "borrowing" or government "taxing" or a government "deficit".

===

Does it matter whether your ex-wife is using your credit card or your debit card to pay for her purchases? (However she does it, you pay.)

IOW, she is spending/buying.  At issue: what is the government buying on our behalf - I care less about how it pays for this.

Edited by August1991

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, August1991 said:

Government "spending" is very different from government "borrowing" or government "taxing" or a government "deficit".

===

Does it matter whether your ex-wife is using your credit card or your debit card to pay for her purchases? (However she does it, you pay.)

IOW, she is spending/buying.  At issue: what is the government buying on our behalf - I care less about how it pays for this.

Our politicians are preparing Canadians and Canada to go bankrupt. Our politicians cannot keep spending like they are doing and expect that all will be just fine forever. That is nuts. Even I know that if I eventually max out on all of my credit cards and have no money left to even pay the minimum balance on those cards every month that I may then have to declare bankruptcy. Canada has to be very close to bankruptcy. Our politicians can only go so far in trying to tax us all to death but eventually it will be time to pay the piper. Our low Canadian peso is telling us that Canada and Canadians are in big trouble with the fools that we all keep voting for. They could careless about Canadians. When most politicians leave politics they have pretty much taken care of themselves from all of the insider trading information that they can get their grubby hands on that you and me and thee have no access too. Many will end their corrupt political careers as millionaires with great pensions. I despise the whole dam lot of them. Why? Because they despise and have total contempt for me. My personal opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 2:40 PM, taxme said:

Our politicians are preparing Canadians and Canada to go bankrupt. Our politicians cannot keep spending like they are doing...

...

Sorry, "Canada" - the rocks/trees - and the "Canadian government" are two different things. 

Indeed, the Canadian federal government cannot go bankrupt either.

It can print money.  

Edited by August1991

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 6:44 PM, August1991 said:

Sorry, "Canada" - the rocks/trees - and the "Canadian government" are two different things. 

Indeed, the Canadian federal government cannot go bankrupt either.

It can print money.  

By rights the Canadian government can print it's own money with little or no interest to we the people. But our puppet on a string bought off politicians prefer to allow private international bankers to do that for them, of course, with interest. A win-win for the banksters and a lose-lose for we the people. The banksters make billions in interest while we the people pay the debt and for their wonderful service that our dear leaders have put us all into. Canada will never get out of debt if this is allowed to carry on. Wakey-wakey time. :D

Edited by taxme
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 3:25 PM, taxme said:

By rights the Canadian government can print it's own money with little or no interest to we the people. But our puppet on a string bought off politicians prefer to allow private international bankers to do that for them, of course, with interest. A win-win for the banksters and a lose-lose for we the people. The banksters make billions in interest while we the people pay the debt and for their wonderful service that our dear leaders have put us all into. Canada will never get out of debt if this is allowed to carry on. Wakey-wakey time. :D

You lost me at "banksters".

====

I only look at what politicians plan to buy on our behalf. 

(I ignore how they plan to pay for their purchases - hence, I ignore any talk of tax cuts.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 9:44 PM, August1991 said:

Sorry, "Canada" - the rocks/trees - and the "Canadian government" are two different things. 

Indeed, the Canadian federal government cannot go bankrupt either.

It can print money.  

The Bank of Canada can, and does. Oh we'll just add a few more billion to your ledger. They can pull it out of thin air. And if that is the case, then all this money is worth nothing at all. And a government can go bankrupt, it's just never happened, because of money being made out of thin air and loaned to the government.

Even if you go with the idea of selling bonds, going more into debt is not going to help the appreciation in value of those bonds. I would buy bonds on the guarantee that they will mature and be worth more in the end. But how many bonds do you need to sell to stay viable? And what about the bond holders that want to cash in and find that they lost money on it all.

However , a nation can manage a debt, but it cannot have debt forever. And it cannot continue to accumulate debt.  It's hard to manage on a personal and family level, how the hell does it all get managed on the local, provincial and federal levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reality of governing is everyone has their hand out. I ran for the Conservative nomination in my riding years ago and everyone I spoke to wanted to know how much money I was going to bring in to the riding. The only way to get rid of the deficit is to raise taxes. The electorate will not allow the government to reduce spending. In the "hot tub" election where the Devine Conservative government took on Roy Romanow's NDP in a reckless campaign bidding war, the Liberal Leader said these guys are lying to you if they are promising to give you $1500 for home renovations and cut your taxes at the same time. (Saskatchewan had record level deficits under the Tories) Liberal Leader Ralph Goodale said he would cut spending and raise taxes. He ran an honest campaign and only won his own seat. The only way to get elected is to keep running higher and higher deficits. I blame the voters like the caller on radio who said the problem with the government was they don't fix the roads and taxes are too high. 

Edited by Queenmandy85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 8:33 PM, QuebecOverCanada said:

1) Annihilate CBC straight away.

What other radio network is commercial free, and provides programming such as Ideas, As It Happens, Quirks and Quarks, and the Current. 

On TV, there is the National, the Nature of Things, Power and Politics,  Coronation Street, Sunday Scrum, Frankie Drake, and Murdoch Mysteries.

Much of the programming on Global and CTV is American product. Private radio is one minute of programming interspersed with five minutes of commercials.I can't think of a single program on private radio that has any glimmer of intellect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, August1991 said:

You lost me at "banksters".

====

I only look at what politicians plan to buy on our behalf. 

(I ignore how they plan to pay for their purchases - hence, I ignore any talk of tax cuts.)

Banksters = International bankers like the Rockfellers and the Rothchilds. It is said that the Rothchilds alone have a net worth of 500 trillion. They indeed are the richest family in the world. But you would never know that because the media is not allowed to report on their fabulous wealth.

Politicians buy stuff that at most times only end up costing the Canadian taxpayer billions of their tax dollars and never got a dam thing out of it. They have implemented programs and agendas that have cost the taxpayer hundreds of billions of tax dollars that no one ever asked for. Politicians are a bloody joke. 

It would appear to me as though you prefer to ignore as to what your dear leader crooked politicians have been doing with your tax dollars for generations now. There are never any tax cuts, only increases to our present taxes or the creation of new taxes. 

I once had a neighbor that said to me one time that I don't care what politicians do. I could have kicked his stupid Canadian ass. Lucky neighbor. He is but one prime example of why this country is in a bloody mess and your Canadian dollar(peso)is so bloody low and not worth a pot to pizz in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The reality of governing is everyone has their hand out. I ran for the Conservative nomination in my riding years ago and everyone I spoke to wanted to know how much money I was going to bring in to the riding. The only way to get rid of the deficit is to raise taxes. The electorate will not allow the government to reduce spending. In the "hot tub" election where the Devine Conservative government took on Roy Romanow's NDP in a reckless campaign bidding war, the Liberal Leader said these guys are lying to you if they are promising to give you $1500 for home renovations and cut your taxes at the same time. (Saskatchewan had record level deficits under the Tories) Liberal Leader Ralph Goodale said he would cut spending and raise taxes. He ran an honest campaign and only won his own seat. The only way to get elected is to keep running higher and higher deficits. I blame the voters like the caller on radio who said the problem with the government was they don't fix the roads and taxes are too high. 

Government "IS" the problem, and never the solution. 

 

2 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

What other radio network is commercial free, and provides programming such as Ideas, As It Happens, Quirks and Quarks, and the Current. 

On TV, there is the National, the Nature of Things, Power and Politics,  Coronation Street, Sunday Scrum, Frankie Drake, and Murdoch Mysteries.

Much of the programming on Global and CTV is American product. Private radio is one minute of programming interspersed with five minutes of commercials.I can't think of a single program on private radio that has any glimmer of intellect.

Is there really any "intellect" people in Canada anymore? Canada just runs on bull chit fuel. The politicians will say to themselves just keep feeding the dumb Canadian electorate because they are just too dumb and stupid to try and figure anything out. They just let us steal their money and blow it all on of our pet peeve socialist/communist programs and agendas that take away their freedoms and taxes them to death and they do not even say anything. Fools. Ha-ha. 

 

Edited by taxme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2019 at 5:50 PM, taxme said:

.....

Politicians buy stuff that at most times only end up costing the Canadian taxpayer billions of their tax dollars and never got a dam thing out of it. They have implemented programs and agendas that have cost the taxpayer hundreds of billions of tax dollars that no one ever asked for. Politicians are a bloody joke. 

It would appear to me as though you prefer to ignore as to what your dear leader crooked politicians have been doing with your tax dollars for generations now. There are never any tax cuts, only increases to our present taxes or the creation of new taxes. 

I once had a neighbor that said to me one time that I don't care what politicians do. I could have kicked his stupid Canadian ass. Lucky neighbor. He is but one prime example of why this country is in a bloody mess and your Canadian dollar(peso)is so bloody low and not worth a pot to pizz in. 

As I say, taxme - and sorry to be sexist - on a question that has nothing to do with gender/sex: Does it matter whether your ex-wife uses your credit card or your debit card to pay for her purchases?

IOW, when Justin Trudeau flies around the world, spewing CO2 emissions, does it matter whether he uses my debit card or my credit card?

====

However our PM flies, he spews CO2. And he uses our credit/debit card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, August1991 said:

As I say, taxme - and sorry to be sexist - on a question that has nothing to do with gender/sex: Does it matter whether your ex-wife uses your credit card or your debit card to pay for her purchases?

IOW, when Justin Trudeau flies around the world, spewing CO2 emissions, does it matter whether he uses my debit card or my credit card?

====

However our PM flies, he spews CO2. And he uses our credit/debit card.

It's more like our prime mistake of Canada always spews garbage and lies. Canada can never get out of debt with the buffoons that are running and ruling this country. They all could care less where or how they blow our tax dollars. All these politicians do is talk but never do the walk. It's a program called you do as I say and not as I do and the sad part is that there are many Canadian fools who truly do as they say. I am pretty sure that if Canadians did not do as they are told by these liars this country would be in real good shape today. Canadians put so much faith in their politicians and what have they done for them? I don't know? Do you know? Just wondering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 2:35 PM, taxme said:

It's more like our prime mistake of Canada always spews garbage and lies. Canada can never get out of debt with the buffoons that are running and ruling this country. They all could care less where or how they blow our tax dollars.

... 

I disagree.

IMHO, Justin Trudeau is a good Canadian who wants the best for us.

Canada will never get out of debt - since Canada will never die.

==

I agree.

I wish that politicians would spend other people's money (debit card/credit card - whatever) more wisely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, August1991 said:

I disagree.

IMHO, Justin Trudeau is a good Canadian who wants the best for us.

Canada will never get out of debt - since Canada will never die.

==

I agree.

I wish that politicians would spend other people's money (debit card/credit card - whatever) more wisely. 

Well,  "IMHO", I think that the prime mistake of Khanukistan does not have and never has had the best of interests of Canada on his mind. After all, the kid is a leftist liberal and those people have no interest in anything but themselves. I have liberal friends and they do only think about themselves. So, please tell me as to what kid trudeau has done that has been so great for Canada? I have asked this question here many times, and no one will offer up anything to me. So, maybe you can? So go head, make your day. I eagerly await your reply.  

There is no such thing as not being able to get rid of the Canadian debt. It only takes will power on the part of our dear leaders to pay that debt off. When you have a debt and want to get it off your back, what do you do? You pay it off as quickly as you can and free yourself from your debt. Many Canadians have done just that, and so can the government.

But that will probably never happen in Canada because our dear leaders do not know as to how to stop blowing our tax dollars on the many useless socialist/communist programs and agendas that have not done one dam thing good or great for Canada except to help keep Canadians in debt forever. Our politicians work for the international bankers who make billions off of interest from all the money that they keep borrowing from them. Canada needs to start to create it's own money, and stop allowing those banksters to create, out of thin air, money for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, taxme said:

Well,  "IMHO", I think that the prime mistake of Khanukistan does not have and never has had the best of interests of Canada on his mind. After all, the kid is a leftist liberal and those people have no interest in anything but themselves. I have liberal friends and they do only think about themselves. So, please tell me as to what kid trudeau has done that has been so great for Canada? I have asked this question here many times, and no one will offer up anything to me. So, maybe you can? So go head, make your day. I eagerly await your reply.   

There is no such thing as not being able to get rid of the Canadian debt. It only takes will power on the part of our dear leaders to pay that debt off. When you have a debt and want to get it off your back, what do you do? You pay it off as quickly as you can and free yourself from your debt. Many Canadians have done just that, and so can the government.

But that will probably never happen in Canada because our dear leaders do not know as to how to stop blowing our tax dollars on the many useless socialist/communist programs and agendas that have not done one dam thing good or great for Canada except to help keep Canadians in debt forever. Our politicians work for the international bankers who make billions off of interest from all the money that they keep borrowing from them. Canada needs to start to create it's own money, and stop allowing those banksters to create, out of thin air, money for us.  

So when are you writing your book? Collect your thoughts and create a rough draft or something. You don't need to be in the New York Times. People like me will purchase it from Kindle. Go look at Amazon. People make money selling 30 pages "Guides". I'm sure you could do something, just for fun. Some of us would appreciate it. Go revisit everything you posted online, and summarize it into a small book. I'd love to read it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2019 at 5:25 PM, taxme said:

....

There is no such thing as not being able to get rid of the Canadian debt. It only takes will power on the part of our dear leaders to pay that debt off. When you have a debt and want to get it off your back, what do you do? You pay it off as quickly as you can and free yourself from your debt. Many Canadians have done just that, and so can the government.

But that will probably never happen in Canada because our dear leaders do not know as to how to stop blowing our tax dollars on the many useless socialist/communist programs and agendas that have not done one dam thing good or great for Canada

....

Taxme, I think that you understand my point.

1. The Canadian government will always be in debt because the Canadian government will not die.

2. It is government spending that matters. Does it matter whether your ex-wife, son at college, uses your credit card or debit card?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, August1991 said:

Taxme, I think that you understand my point.

1. The Canadian government will always be in debt because the Canadian government will not die.

2. It is government spending that matters. Does it matter whether your ex-wife, son at college, uses your credit card or debit card?

The Canadian government does indeed have a spending problem. The Canadian government does not want to get Canada and Canadians out of debt. Canada can create it's own currency but instead gives that power over to the private international bankers like the Rothchilds and Rockerfellers. Our government appears to be in bed with those bankers to help make them richer while keeping Canadians poorer and forever staying in debt. Our Canadian politicians are not our friends. They are more like our enemy who appear to have total contempt for we the Canadian people. Proof of that is that Canadians are over taxed, over governed, and we have lost many of our sacred freedoms. 

The Canadian government maybe should go bye-bye and be replaced by true Canadian conservative nationalist patriots who love their country. They are there but they are just not organized as of yet. Hopefully they will be soon. But that is when the bought off Canadian leftist liberal media will then begin it's attacks on them calling them a bunch of white nationalist terrorists and racists and too many Canadians will believe their bs lies. Everything that true white nationalists believe in these days are already being labelled and under attack and called white supremacists and terrorists just because one white guy does some terrible killings. When Muslims do the same thing they are hardly ever called terrorists. Why is that anyway? Curious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liberals say they want to protect future generations. Liberals say they want sustainability. When it comes to government spending, they don't want cuts. How does that make sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...