Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Robert Greene

Don't Vote For Bernier

Recommended Posts

So what if he calls himself a "conservative". Anyone can call themselves a conservative. What makes him better than Andrew Scheer? Do we really need another French elitist in office? We already have Trudeau. I don't care if he's conservative. I'm sick and tired of the French thinking they know what's best for Canada.

Edited by Robert Greene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone can indeed call themselves a conservative. Why, even the Conservatives call themselves conservatives, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Bernier's party has set out an entirely reasonable and conservative platform on a plethora of subjects from interprovincial trade to immigration to corporate welfare and removing supply management. 

Thus far the Conservatives have not set out any firm policies on any subject. I think they're still polling to find out what they ought to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In British Columbia conservatives call themselves Liberals...they called themselves Socreds before that.

It's downright Orwellian.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robert Greene said:

So what if he calls himself a "conservative". Anyone can call themselves a conservative. What makes him better than Andrew Scheer? Do we really need another French elitist in office? We already have Trudeau. I don't care if he's conservative. I'm sick and tired of the French thinking they know what's best for Canada.

What makes him better than Scheer is that he doesn't subscribe to supply management.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is going to end corporate welfare, readjust the way payments are done to the provinces, end the dairy cartel, he is going to put 2 pipelines through regardless if BC or Quebec likes them or not ,decentralize government , make it smaller. Change our immigration policy, take us out of the UN immigration pact, stop giving away billions to foreign countries to fight climate change, lower taxes,....Shit just read it for your self...

https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/a_foreign_policy_focused_on_the_security_and_prosperity_of_canadians

His platform is more conservative than the conservative one is...He is not doing what is popular but rather what is best for the nation, there is a breath of fresh air....he does not need to poll to death every topic to make a decision, but rather makes it based on facts and figures and what is best for the nation....he is also going to stop pandering to all the special interest groups.... Now if Andrew had more of that in his platform there would not be a problem....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

He is going to end corporate welfare, readjust the way payments are done to the provinces, end the dairy cartel, he is going to put 2 pipelines through regardless if BC or Quebec likes them or not ,decentralize government , make it smaller. Change our immigration policy, take us out of the UN immigration pact, stop giving away billions to foreign countries to fight climate change, lower taxes,....Shit just read it for your self...

https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/a_foreign_policy_focused_on_the_security_and_prosperity_of_canadians

His platform is more conservative than the conservative one is...He is not doing what is popular but rather what is best for the nation, there is a breath of fresh air....he does not need to poll to death every topic to make a decision, but rather makes it based on facts and figures and what is best for the nation....he is also going to stop pandering to all the special interest groups.... Now if Andrew had more of that in his platform there would not be a problem....

Let's not encourage stupidity. If you want a conservative majority, than don't split the vote. Andrew Sheered provides the essentials, and he's only real chance of defeating Justin. Voting for Max Bernier, might be symbolic, but does nothing to unite the conservative movement.

Edited by Robert Greene
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Robert Greene said:

Let's not encourage stupidity. If you want a conservative majority, than don't split the vote. Andrew Sheered provides the essentials, and he's only real chance of defeating Justin. Voting for Max Bernier, might be symbolic, but does nothing to unite the conservative movement.

Your original post was that he wasn't really a conservative. You've certainly changed tacks quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 3:17 PM, Robert Greene said:

 I'm sick and tired of the French thinking they know what's best for Canada.

Seems the French DO know something. They know they don't want an influx of Trudeau's fake refugees. They know they want to protect their culture, which is the Canadian culture. From what I understand, this is something Bernier also stands for. You won't hear that from Andrew Scheer. So what choice do you leave us, if NOT Trudeau, NOT Andrew Scheer, and evidently NOT Bernier?

You must be kidding.

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Robert Greene said:

 I'm sick and tired of the French thinking they know what's best for Canada.

Tired of us Frogs ruling you Roast Beefs?

And say Grenouille.

Edited by QuebecOverCanada

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Tired of us Frogs ruling you Roast Beefs?

And say Grenouille.

Hey, I don't want to go to war with you personally. I just want Quebec to separate. It's sad enough we have to put up with translators, just to understand half the stuff our politicians saying. Forcing English kids to learn French in elementary school, should be considered child abuse.

Edited by Robert Greene
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Robert Greene said:

Forcing English kids to learn French in elementary school, should be considered child abuse.

Good I hope you feel that way that's the way we want it to be.

Just like you feel when we receive $13B annually from ROC. And we say no to every pipeline project you give us. But we want a natural gas pipeline though. Paid by you, so it's cheaper for us. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 7:54 PM, Robert Greene said:

Let's not encourage stupidity. If you want a conservative majority, than don't split the vote. Andrew Sheered provides the essentials, and he's only real chance of defeating Justin. Voting for Max Bernier, might be symbolic, but does nothing to unite the conservative movement.

Is that what you call it, and here I thought we could vote for anyone on the ballet, guaranteed by our constitution..... and yet for some reason you and many other conservatives think it's stupid or a dick move to vote for anyone other than Andrew....Are you Afraid that Andrew may not be the man you think he is , and will not garner enough votes to defeat Justin and thats got you scared..........If that is your way of think YOU might want to rethink voting for Andrew, because I know a shit tonne of people who are tired of both liberals and conservatives or should I say liberal lites and almost liberal conservative party...

Both are one in the same Andrew may win out on personality, but they both have similar ways of governing  Canada. It's time for a change and if you can't jump on board that train, fine stay on the lemming train of the same channel, same shit....Because you've always voted Conservative, or your hoping that this time, everything will be different ...if you ask me that is the definition of stupidity trying the same solution over and over hoping for different results....

I really don't care about uniting the conservative front.....or let me rephrase that, what you think is the conservative front....Andrews conservatives are more liberal than they are conservatives....and if your scared of the results , then you should be out there campaigning for Andrew to ensures he wins.....I'm going to vote for MAX, and I hope many more do as well, and if that means Justin wins another term or Andrew gets a minority, thats politics and the will of the Canadian people...  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2019 at 8:19 PM, Army Guy said:

Is that what you call it, and here I thought we could vote for anyone on the ballet, guaranteed by our constitution..... and yet for some reason you and many other conservatives think it's stupid or a dick move to vote for anyone other than Andrew....Are you Afraid that Andrew may not be the man you think he is , and will not garner enough votes to defeat Justin and thats got you scared..........If that is your way of think YOU might want to rethink voting for Andrew, because I know a shit tonne of people who are tired of both liberals and conservatives or should I say liberal lites and almost liberal conservative party...

Both are one in the same Andrew may win out on personality, but they both have similar ways of governing  Canada. It's time for a change and if you can't jump on board that train, fine stay on the lemming train of the same channel, same shit....Because you've always voted Conservative, or your hoping that this time, everything will be different ...if you ask me that is the definition of stupidity trying the same solution over and over hoping for different results....

I really don't care about uniting the conservative front.....or let me rephrase that, what you think is the conservative front....Andrews conservatives are more liberal than they are conservatives....and if your scared of the results , then you should be out there campaigning for Andrew to ensures he wins.....I'm going to vote for MAX, and I hope many more do as well, and if that means Justin wins another term or Andrew gets a minority, thats politics and the will of the Canadian people...  

So we have a guy who can be moderate at times, or a bit liberal where it counts. Who cares if Andrew knows how to compromise. I don't want someone whos hard-right on every issue. I want a pragmatic politician who can get things done. When we have every province in Central Canada with conservative premiers, the last thing we need is a spoiler to mess up the alliance. I don't care for Scheer, but there are many people in his caucus who will get things done. What allies does Max have? 

I don't even Trust max to be honest. He seems like an attention whore, whos hellbent on going his own way. I want results, and it's the idiots who can't form partnerships, who are going to keep this country down.

I would be more sympathetic, if Max took 4 years to construct a party, but he thinks he's entitled to become prime minister, just because he has a few good ideas. I think politicians should climb the latter. What's that saying all talk and not action?

If you want to vote for someone, go for a third party that started at the bottom. Don't reward a guy who skips the line.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats a load of bull, todays Andrew sheers conservatives are leaning more to the left that the right....want left vote liberal.....Andrew is only going to compromise if he has spent 3 months polling out the topic and studying it to see how many votes he will get...., and if it is not popular then it ain't going to happen. The rest of Canada wants a PM that can make decisive decisions in a timely manner, decisions that may not be popular with the country, but better for our nation....And if you look at a bulk of his platform you'll see that, tackling the Dairy cartel is not popular, ending corporate welfare not popular,  ending the climate welfare checks to foreign nations , not popular....the list go's on....

 What alliance, you afraid that max won't get along with the fabulous four....come on, Max is a conservative, not some liberal lite ,like sheer....you don't have any proof that will happen ….

True Andrew has surrounded himself with some good people, Max's people are untested, does not mean that they are no good, not worthy of a chance....we have been on this same merry go round for since confederation, with the choices being liberal or conservatives.....and for a long time there has not been much to choose from... I mean we picked a drama teacher/ ski bum, with good hair and good smile.....to be our last PM that should show you how desperate we are for leadership in this country . 

you can't trust max, I can't trust Andrew for the same reasons, I see max as a leader who did not like the way the conservative party was traveling so he got off, and decided to go his own way...and accomplish the near impossible, create his own party, with it's own core values, and morals, he sets himself apart from the cons in many ways....How long is this party going to stay don't know...what I do know is he has the best platform out there right now, one that suits my needs, my wishes , one that is putting the nation ahead of himself....can't say that with Andrew....

Building a party in 4 years is a huge under taking....proves he can get things done....He has put his time in as a politician so ya he is not a Justin, who had what experience as a politician again ? did he read a book, maybe watched a u tube video...come on thats a strawman excuse....

reward someone for skipping the line,  WTF is that, what this country needs is someone who has the balls , and some leadership skills to lead, be able to make the tough choices when needed, and to know when someone is trying to pull the wool over his eyes....and personal I don't care if he comes straight our of a MacDonald's restaurant....we've tried it your way for hundreds of years...and looking back not to many have proved to be great leaders,  we have had some that were good, but not that many that were great, we've had some that we are taking down statues off because they made some questionable decisions....

I'm willing to put my vote on a guy that is the under dog.... why because we have tried everything else, and now were down to drama teachers and ski bums, what can we lose , things can only get better....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a another fraud like Donald Trump. It not hard for me to smell an imposter. I don't like people who throw their friends under the bus, and Max happy to sacrifice any ally to get to the top. I don't bet on the guy who takes shortcuts.

 

Edited by Robert Greene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Robert Greene said:

He's a another fraud like Donald Trump. It not hard for me to smell an imposter. I don't like people who throw their friends under the bus, and Max happy to sacrifice any ally to get to the top. I don't bet on the guy who takes shortcuts.

 

 

Nobody is asking you to, I was defending my right to vote for any candidate I like, ....I'm the one voting for Max...it is my vote to waste or use as I may. at the end of the of the night we will find out who's candidate wins and who's loses...and at the end of the their term we will find out if we made the right chioce or we got another Justin.....I don't see things changing much with Andrew.... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

 

Nobody is asking you to, I was defending my right to vote for any candidate I like, ....I'm the one voting for Max...it is my vote to waste or use as I may. at the end of the of the night we will find out who's candidate wins and who's loses...and at the end of the their term we will find out if we made the right chioce or we got another Justin.....I don't see things changing much with Andrew.... 

I would try and change the system through attrition. I would get Scheer in a secure place first, and then work on finding new members of parament.

Work on getting good people to run for conservative party.

Splitting the vote is selfish in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Conservative party has plenty of good members, thats not the problem, the problem is the direction they are going, and how they get there....there are lots of things I see in their platform that I like, but what is missing, everything that is not popular with certain groups of lobbies, things that do not make sense, or would benefit the country as a whole, and not a select few.......like dairy, corporate welfare, handing out billions to foreign countries, adjusting the provinces welfare checks... the list go's on....And the man that controls that  direction is Andrew.....And it is to liberal for me...

Their are plenty of good people in the conservative party....

Selfish how, selfish as in all those that are going to vote liberal, green ,NDP ,MAX are selfish, The cons are losing thousands of votes to other parties, because of what little we know of Andrews direction, what little we know of Andrew period...Has he explained in detail any of his platform....yes he is going to reverse dozens of liberals proposals and policies...but then again so is everyone else....

Telling me that splitting the vote is selfish , equates to this....that you have no confidence in your party, your afraid that he is not popular enough to win a majority, your afraid that Justin may stay another term...if your that unsure then it's not to late to vote for max....don't be so selfish....

I'm voting for max , because I see him as the best candidate, I thought that was what democracy was all about....maybe I'm wrong...but i'm not alone, about 3 months ago they were polling about 2.5 or 3 % national, and climbing every day....with Justins numbers falling faster that grannies boobs.

Now is MAX going to be the next PM , that would take a miracle, and  it has happened before....but unlikely , . but does not change my mind that he is the best man for the job...  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I'm voting for max , because I see him as the best candidate, I thought that was what democracy was all about....maybe I'm wrong...but i'm not alone, about 3 months ago they were polling about 2.5 or 3 % national, and climbing every day....with Justins numbers falling faster that grannies boobs.

I pleaded with you, but I have to respect your decision. There are times to conceded, so I don't get to control how you vote. I just wish we would give more support to the third parties that have been around for years. We should at least give them a public debate. The biggest issue I have with Max, is that he jumped the line. There's a lot of other parties not getting recognition. I would waste a vote on the someone who have spent years earning it.

Edited by Robert Greene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strategic voting is something that has typically been used against the Conservatives in past elections, most of the time being NDP or Liberal supporters moving to one party or the other. I would have urged them to just vote for the party that they truly like, strategic voting be damned.

I like some of what I hear from Bernier to be honest. And he comes across as being a real conservative ,unlike Scheer. It'll be a tough choice in the coming election as to where I'll give my vote. I do want to give my current Liberal MP the boot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Strategic voting is something that has typically been used against the Conservatives in past elections, most of the time being NDP or Liberal supporters moving to one party or the other. I would have urged them to just vote for the party that they truly like, strategic voting be damned.

I like some of what I hear from Bernier to be honest. And he comes across as being a real conservative ,unlike Scheer. It'll be a tough choice in the coming election as to where I'll give my vote. I do want to give my current Liberal MP the boot!

Well everyone is hard on Andrew Scheer for being occasionally liberal, but isn't that what we want? Do we want a hardliner on every issue, or someone that can reach across the isle and do what's best for Canada.

I don't think every liberal idea is a bad one. When they start talking about compassion for the homeless, protecting the environment, and making sure workers aren't exploited, I tend to appreciate their efforts.

I believe in a compassionate and progressive society, I just want things done in a fiscally responsible manner. No more of this scapegoating the rich nonsence.

 

Lets not throw Andrew Scheer under the bus, lets partner with in to build a better Canada.

If we got to compromise from time to time, well that's the price of doing politics.

 

Max Bernier is trying to go it alone and alienate his allies. They tried that with Trump, and They got a politician whos running up 1.5 Trillion deficits. Max Bernier thinks he's above the conservatives. He seems phony to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 3:17 PM, Robert Greene said:

So what if he calls himself a "conservative". Anyone can call themselves a conservative. What makes him better than Andrew Scheer? Do we really need another French elitist in office? We already have Trudeau. I don't care if he's conservative. I'm sick and tired of the French thinking they know what's best for Canada.

Er, did Bernier not come within a hair of becoming the next Conservative party leader and future ex-P.M.? Was he not one of yours? Was the Progressive (pun intended) Conservative party leadership contest not, hmm, exactly cricket? Bernier's revenge: Will take just enough votes away from "Rebel" member and NRA admirer Scheer for Trudeau (whom I'm not exactly fond of - - - what a letdown!) to squeak through. Think of the alternative: We already have our Canadian Trump in Ontario. Do we need Scheer, a Trump clone as Canada's P.M.? And, the "French", (sic), leading Canada is a bad thing? Really? Did you mean French-Speaking Prime Ministers? If I accept your appellation of Québécois P.Ms as "French," (only citizens of France are French, no?) then I'm forced to state that all Anglophone P.M.s since Confederation were British. Also, Canada is 152 years old. For one-third of those 152 years. a Québécois (not a Frenchman) has occupied the post of P.M. Tell me, did the Québécois alone, all by themselves, 23% of Canada's population, elect them without the rest of Canada? Some British, oops, English-speaking must have voted for these Québec politicians. no? And, finally, look at the results: Has Canada done that badly during those Liberal tenures, most of them Québécoises? Who brought in Unemployment insurance, Canada Pension Plan, Health coverage, reduced working hours and a 5-day week, safety standards in the workplace, old age pensions, maternity/paternity leave and more? Liberals, half of them French-speaking Liberals. Grateful if you could apprise one and all of Conservative "for-the-people" legislation since 1867. Borden gave women the vote in 1018. That's a plus for a Conservative. Name one other.

 

Yeah, Trudeau is an "elitist." I repeat, not my favourite politician, but compared to Scheer, he wears the "elitist" title like a crown. A naive elitist, yes, but one nonetheless.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 4:49 PM, Shady said:

What makes him better than Scheer is that he doesn't subscribe to supply management.

Agreed.

Good to hear from you Shady.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 3:13 PM, Army Guy said:

He is going to end corporate welfare, readjust the way payments are done to the provinces, end the dairy cartel, he is going to put 2 pipelines through regardless if BC or Quebec likes them or not ,decentralize government , make it smaller. Change our immigration policy, take us out of the UN immigration pact, stop giving away billions to foreign countries to fight climate change, lower taxes,....Shit just read it for your self...

https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/a_foreign_policy_focused_on_the_security_and_prosperity_of_canadians

His platform is more conservative than the conservative one is...He is not doing what is popular but rather what is best for the nation, there is a breath of fresh air....he does not need to poll to death every topic to make a decision, but rather makes it based on facts and figures and what is best for the nation....he is also going to stop pandering to all the special interest groups.... Now if Andrew had more of that in his platform there would not be a problem....

Wrong. He's going to promise all that because he knows that he's not going to win anyways. 

The PPC is like a double-edged sword for the Conservative Party. It's good because it draws all the racists away from the Conservatives, but it's bad because it will also leech other votes away as well.

A vote for the PPC is basically a vote for the Liberals: If you voted PPC, and there were 500 PPC votes in your riding, and the Conservatives lost a seat to the libs by 300 votes, would you still be happy with your PPC vote?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...