Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Olijam

Why I am not Liberal anymore but cannot join the Conservatives

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, egghead said:

May be only when leftists are in power. conservative may bring in some sort of heart beat rules to counter the abortion

I doubt it very much.

Harper avoided discussing it, despite his personal religious fundamentalism and following.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/harper-says-he-ll-vote-against-abortion-motion-1.801761

It's just not a viable political issue anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jacee said:

I doubt it very much.

Harper avoided discussing it, despite his personal religious fundamentalism and following.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/harper-says-he-ll-vote-against-abortion-motion-1.801761

It's just not a viable political issue anymore.

It were becasue the leftists were out in full force in the last decade. How can people support legal abortion at all stages? C'mon, that don't make sense.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, egghead said:

It were becasue the leftists were out in full force in the last decade. How can people support legal abortion at all stages? C'mon, that don't make sense.

It's a personal choice and a medical issue now, not a viable political issue.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/scheer-says-he-won-t-reopen-abortion-debate-as-tories-vote-to-uphold-policy-1.4067935

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jacee said:

It's a personal choice and a medical issue now, not a viable political issue.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/scheer-says-he-won-t-reopen-abortion-debate-as-tories-vote-to-uphold-policy-1.4067935

haha, as I mentioned before,  we shall allow late stage abortion for medical reasons only, and there will be no personal choice for late stage abortion. It is because (I believe) the baby has right too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for responding to my original post. 

I do not see abortion as a non issue. I have very extreme positions against it. That is probably due to my Christian upbringing. The only cause that I would think justifies abortion is the health risk to the mother. The rest is purely and simply murder. I am tired of it is my body my choice, what about the human being inside you.. And no it is not a lump of cells, it is living. 

On the other hand I agree with the liberals on the capital punishment issue. I am against it. 

Last but not least, on the feminism issue,  it is completely irrelevant. Most western women do not want to associate with it. And I as a man feel literally appalled by the attitude of some people (men or women) who call themselves 3rd wave feminists. We are for human rights, all humans, women, men, kids and embryos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olijam said:

I do not see abortion as a non issue. I have very extreme positions against it. That is probably due to my Christian upbringing. The only cause that I would think justifies abortion is the health risk to the mother. The rest is purely and simply murder. I am tired of it is my body my choice, what about the human being inside you.. And no it is not a lump of cells, it is living

It is not a political issue anymore. 

If you don't believe in abortion, don't have one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 12:34 PM, jacee said:

It is not a political issue anymore. 

If you don't believe in abortion, don't have one.

C'mon that is worse than JT's scripted response. 

As I said,  late term abortion is murder. Liberal had drop the ball here. After the pendulum swings back to right-side, we will see conservative party push to ban abortions as early as 3 months.

Edited by egghead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 7:03 AM, jacee said:

Abortion won't be brought up again by any political party. It is not a political issue anymore. Those who don't believe in abortion are free not to have one.

If you take that out out of your political considerations, where do you end up? 

 

Well, to the anti-abortion movement in Canada, it is still alive and well and is a political issue. I believe that the anti-abortion movement will be having it's yearly anti-abortion demonstration in Ottawa this coming weekend. And I can bet you that the leftist pro-abortion liberal Canadian media will not report on it. Only the alternative media will be reporting on it. This is one of the many reasons as to why I would never vote liberal. Liberalism is a disease. 

Of course no Canadian political party will bring the issue of abortion up. That would be a politically incorrect thing to be doing here in politically correct Canada today. All our politicians must be in favor of abortion or as some have called it, the "murdering of an unborn baby".  Abortion is just another money making racket for the sick liberal leftist people in our society. Henry "the baby butcher" Morgentaler earned millions from yanking babies out of some woman's womb. Aren't you so lucky that your parents did not decide to have you aborted and have you yanked out by your head of your mother's womb by the likes of scum doctors like butcher Morgentaler. It must be very traumatizing for the baby that has to go thru an abortion and yanked by pieces out of the womb.

And here we are supposed to believe that doctors take an oath to save lives, not take lives. I do not understand as to why some people seem to feel that Canada is all that great when they go about murdering unborn babies. What is even sadder is that even the conservative party goes along with this murdering of babies. It 's hard to even want to vote for conservatives also. Bloody sad indeed. 

Edited by taxme
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 10:32 AM, egghead said:

It were becasue the leftists were out in full force in the last decade. How can people support legal abortion at all stages? C'mon, that don't make sense.

Leftists ?  The NDP even went centre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, taxme said:

Well, to the anti-abortion movement in Canada, it is still alive and well and is a political issue. I believe that the anti-abortion movement will be having it's yearly anti-abortion demonstration in Ottawa this coming weekend. And I can bet you that the leftist pro-abortion liberal Canadian media will not report on it. Only the alternative media will be reporting on it. This is one of the many reasons as to why I would never vote liberal. Liberalism is a disease. 

Of course no Canadian political party will bring the issue of abortion up. That would be a politically incorrect thing to be doing here in politically correct Canada today. All our politicians must be in favor of abortion or as some have called it, the "murdering of an unborn baby".  Abortion is just another money making racket for the sick liberal leftist people in our society. Henry "the baby butcher" Morgentaler earned millions from yanking babies out of some woman's womb. Aren't you so lucky that your parents did not decide to have you aborted and have you yanked out by your head of your mother's womb by the likes of scum doctors like butcher Morgentaler. It must be very traumatizing for the baby that has to go thru an abortion and yanked by pieces out of the womb.

And here we are supposed to believe that doctors take an oath to save lives, not take lives. I do not understand as to why some people seem to feel that Canada is all that great when they go about murdering unborn babies. What is even sadder is that even the conservative party goes along with this murdering of babies. It 's hard to even want to vote for conservatives also. Bloody sad indeed. 

Well said Taxme... I completely agree with you... I know that we had our differences on another forum topic... 

I am sick and tired of seeing this inhumane practice treated so lightly by feminists .. I would dream of the day that abortion will become criminal... of course it is a wishful thinking of my part.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Leftists ?  The NDP even went centre.

Well, they had a fairly centrist platform during one election. That's history, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Argus said:

Well, they had a fairly centrist platform during one election. That's history, though.

The first election that I was involved in they were pushing to nationalize car companies.  Do you see a trend here and if so do you see things going 'left' ?

What is called 'left' these days is the over-emphasized topic of identity politics, which is easier to fight about and less boring than economics, so the uneducated mob can discuss 'politics' now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The first election that I was involved in they were pushing to nationalize car companies.  Do you see a trend here and if so do you see things going 'left' ?

What is called 'left' these days is the over-emphasized topic of identity politics, which is easier to fight about and less boring than economics, so the uneducated mob can discuss 'politics' now...

Sorry grandpa, I have a bad news for you. The leftists that you know are dead with the Y2K bug. There are new leftists in town, and they are similar to assembled anarchists, completely defy logic and common sense. :rolleyes:

Edited by egghead
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, egghead said:

Sorry grandpa, I have a bad news for you. The leftists that you know are dead with the Y2K bug. There are new leftists in town, and they are similar to assembled anarchists, completely defy logic and common sense. :rolleyes:

I guess contradicting yourself is the new fidget spinning then ?  The new leftists may defy logic, but so does the new 'you'... were the 'old' leftists right wing ?  Have you ever admitted you were wrong ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I guess contradicting yourself is the new fidget spinning then ?  The new leftists may defy logic, but so does the new 'you'... were the 'old' leftists right wing ?  Have you ever admitted you were wrong ?

I stand corrected :rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're in a similar pickle as me, Olijam (though perhaps in the opposite direction, but no matter).

While I cannot directly compare your politics to ours, I left the Republican party years ago but still cannot bring myself to join the democrats, as they aren't the answer either. 

Sux to be so free-thinking, doesn't it?

Good for you, though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 7:47 AM, Olijam said:

I cannot be liberal anymore because:

1.       I am 100% against abortion (it is murder)

2.       I cannot support third and fourth wave feminism in the western world (they are irrelevant)

3.       I am a tired of political correctness

4.       I am against equality of outcome and quotas based on gender and race (while being with equality of opportunity)

I cannot become a conservative because:

1.       I do not support the right to bear arms

2.       I cannot understand climate change doubters and I feel sorry for them

3.       I am opposed to chauvinistic views against immigration

4.       I am with the government taxing the rich to provide more services to the less fortunate

Let us discuss this. I am all for free speech.

1. Until the fetus is viable outside of the womb it is dependent on the body of the mother and therefore subject to her right to control her own body.  An abortion before viability is no more murder than denying someone who needs an organ transplant from you in order to live is murder.  A difficult ethical situation on a personal level perhaps, but not one where the state has any right to meddle

Also, if your objection is religious in nature, be aware the bible directly encourages abortion in certain circumstances 

2, 3. Non- white, European, Christian, heterosexual, sis-gendered, male etc. etc. people are people too, even when some of them say or do silly things  

Heck, I'm going to go out on a limb and say all people are people.  Maybe "all men are created equal".  Has a nice ring to it, but for that pesky gendered noun...

Fighting for / supporting the rights of "minorities" does not somehow somehow erode the rights of the majority (well, except the "right" to "inborn supremacy").  Although it is understandable that some become uneasy when the playing field is no longer tilted quite so much in their favour.

(Also, when exactly did common courtesy get conflated with "political corectness"?)

The rest of the "political correctness debate" is just noise at the edges.

4. I would be too, if equality of opportunity was not an unattainable state, much like pure communism or capitalism. 

===

1. Why are you against bear arms? Bears have rights to their limbs too :)

Nobody outside of very limited circumstances (and simply "rural" does not count) needs a gun.  But I'm fine with roughly the level of regulation we have. We'd be in much better shape if it weren't for the constant suckage on this topic from the south 

2. As someone with a modicum of scientific education... I'm right there with you

3. We used to be able to debate immigration in a reasonable manner.  The white nationalism and conspiracy theories (synonym; alt-right) has drowned out all that 

4. One of the cornerstones of the modern welfare state, the most successful type of governance in all of human history

 

Edited by TTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad the same amount of press and questioning isn't being directed at Trudeau who holds the same views as Scheer on abortion. 

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/kelly-mcparland-liberals-go-for-maximum-hypocrisy-on-scheers-abortion-views

here

As a life long Liberal and former MP for the party, it breaks my heart that I can't vote for them in October.

 

Edited by scribblet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, scribblet said:

Too bad the same amount of press and questioning isn't being directed at Trudeau who holds the same views as Scheer on abortion. 

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/kelly-mcparland-liberals-go-for-maximum-hypocrisy-on-scheers-abortion-views

here

As a life long Liberal and former MP for the party, it breaks my heart that I can't vote for them in October.

 

Comrade Trudeau owns the Canadian media and thus there will be no hard questions asked of Trudeau like with Scheer. Comrade now owns the Stalinist version of Pravda, and there will only be praise for your dear leader, while Scheer will get his ass kicked by the bought off media. The fix is in, fella. The problem with Scheer is that he appears to be to stupid to have figured this out yet. No matter what Scheer says, he will be attacked over and over again by the leftist liberal bought off media in Canada. Conservatism is the enemy of comrade Trudeau and his commie Canadian media. Attacking Scheer for what he said back in 2005 about his views at the time on same sex marriage just shows us all that the leftist liberal globalists are so desperate to try and pin something on Scheer. It will be brought up by the bunch of useless twits in the media party like the CBC/CTV and Global over and over again, and especially during the debates. Scheer better get ready to get hammered by the bought off Canadian media. Scheer is in for one big blow up against him by the media. 

It breaks my heart to see a so called conservative party in Canada always running from and bowing down to the Canadian leftist media. They have become so far left in their platform that they are not much better than the liberals. Both political party's are globalists. Bernier of the PPC is not a globalist and he is not afraid of the Canadian media and this is why they are fighting hard as hell to try and make sure that Bernier does not get into the election debates soon to come up. Bernier terrifies the leftist media because they cannot find anything on him to try and make him look like a racist or anti-immigrant. There can be no doubt about it that the media is going to try very hard to try and find something in Bernier's past to see if they can get him on anything. They will fail big time unless they can come up with someone who is willing to get paid off to say something negative about Bernier. I never will trust most of those leftist liberals at all. For me, most are nothing more than a bunch of cheats, thieves, and liars. Just my opinion. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Regarding the OP, seems like he/she has reached enlightenment as a rational and balanced human being.  Congrats!  Welcome to the realm of moderates.

Well, there always is the Greens or the NDP to vote for. See, there is always a bright light at the end of the political tunnel. 

 

On 5/2/2019 at 4:02 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Leftists ?  The NDP even went centre.

The NDP went to the "center".  :unsure:  Are you trying to be funny here? The NDP are pro abortion all the way and that will never change with them. The NDP is as hard core left as the communist party is. Center my azz. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, taxme said:

The NDP went to the "center".  :unsure:  Are you trying to be funny here? The NDP are pro abortion all the way and that will never change with them. The NDP is as hard core left as the communist party is. Center my azz. 

They aren't center, but they've crept more towards the center in recent years to get votes, more towards the Liberal Party (though still left of them) as a fellow left-of-center party.  NDP finally figured out that voters don't want democratic Marxists in government.  Who knew the NDP could be pragmatic!

Seems like the Greens are where the NDP used to be on the spectrum, with more of a focus on environment issues.  But who cares, they're both filled with nutbars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

They aren't center, but they've crept more towards the center in recent years to get votes, more towards the Liberal Party (though still left of them) as a fellow left-of-center party.  NDP finally figured out that voters don't want democratic Marxists in government.  Who knew the NDP could be pragmatic!

Seems like the Greens are where the NDP used to be on the spectrum, with more of a focus on environment issues.  But who cares, they're both filled with nutbars.

I do not think that we will ever see the NDP or the Greens ever become realistic enough on anything. They are so far left that I am surprised that they have not fallen over yet on their azzes. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...