Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
WestCanMan

Trudeau Embarrassing Canada on the Global Stage Again

Recommended Posts

 

The most embarrassing part of the video should be the fact that he said China twice instead of Japan but his "uhs" and stuttering are almost as bad.

Still not as bad as India though, where he invited a terrorist to dinner and then blamed it on Pakistan. I mean Bangladesh. I mean Rome. Oh yeah, India.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He also said we have had 90 years of diplomatic relations with (China = Japan). So even during WWII? So there was no Japanese internment?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course he made a mistake and apologized later to Abe but why not focus on the positive outcome as opposed to your shitty gotcha mantra.Trudeau has managed to finesse a Pacific free trade partnership with a key player in world trade.We get access to Japanese markets for many of our products and they continue to invest in our auto sectors etc.I suggest you travel more and if you did you would realize how blessed we are as a non tribal secular society and appreciate a PM who at least tries to establish trade relations with ECC and the Pacific in the light of the unreliable US markets ,thanks to Trump.Your wonderful Harper government managed a free trade agreement with Israel and that thug Netyanou to bring in oranges and tile to Canada duty free in exchange for ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

He also said we have had 90 years of diplomatic relations with (China = Japan). So even during WWII? So there was no Japanese internment?

Yeah 90 years goes back before WWII. I doubt that we were good friends with Japan for all of 1929-1949.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mikeyboy said:

Of course he made a mistake and apologized later to Abe but why not focus on the positive outcome as opposed to your shitty gotcha mantra.Trudeau has managed to finesse a Pacific free trade partnership with a key player in world trade.We get access to Japanese markets for many of our products and they continue to invest in our auto sectors etc.I suggest you travel more and if you did you would realize how blessed we are as a non tribal secular society and appreciate a PM who at least tries to establish trade relations with ECC and the Pacific in the light of the unreliable US markets ,thanks to Trump.Your wonderful Harper government managed a free trade agreement with Israel and that thug Netyanou to bring in oranges and tile to Canada duty free in exchange for ??

He made the same - immense - mistake and he did it twice. He also alienated Trump and Nicaragua in case we're counting blunders. Oops I meant the US.

Increased trade relations with Uruguay and decreased trade relations with the US is still a big loss for Canada. Oops I meant Japan. You can Ukranian that turd all you want, it's still a turd. Oops, I meant Polish.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 8:25 PM, Mikeyboy said:

Of course he made a mistake and apologized later to Abe but why not focus on the positive outcome as opposed to your shitty gotcha mantra.Trudeau has managed to finesse a Pacific free trade partnership with a key player in world trade.We get access to Japanese markets for many of our products and they continue to invest in our auto sectors etc.I suggest you travel more and if you did you would realize how blessed we are as a non tribal secular society and appreciate a PM who at least tries to establish trade relations with ECC and the Pacific in the light of the unreliable US markets ,thanks to Trump.Your wonderful Harper government managed a free trade agreement with Israel and that thug Netyanou to bring in oranges and tile to Canada duty free in exchange for ??

Facts are important, you should try them, you might like them. Nah, you probably wouldn't since they'd prove your little rant is nothing but verbal spewage.

http://factscan.ca/stephen-harper-under-our-conservative-government-canada-is-going-to-have-virtually-unfettered-access-for-our-world-class-products-workers-and-investors-in-43-countries-across-the-world/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

President Duterte is making Trudeau eat the garbage after all...

 

Quote

"I will declare war against them," he said at the time in a video broadcast by RTVM, the media arm of the president's office. "I will advise Canada that your garbage is on the way. Prepare a grand reception. Eat it if you want to ... your garbage is coming home."

Canadian garbage wrongly dumped in the Philippines is coming home

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

President Duterte is making Trudeau eat the garbage after all...

It would be interesting to find out the real scoop on that Duterte guy. Left wing media here hates him so you'll never get the real story from them but some of the things they say about him are pretty bad. 

Here's a story from an far-left paper in the US:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/12/07/world/asia/rodrigo-duterte-philippines-drugs-killings.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Now this is just pathetic....the incompetent Trudeau government is now turning to Trump for help on the China "file".

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/china-us-canada-trade-canola-1.5123884

 

Please Donald....HELP US !!!!

 

Canada has been a pawn in a very particular political and partisan US scheme in the Huawei extradition affair.  The only learning to come out of this experience is that both the US and China should be trusted less.  I have no time for Trump for a host of reasons, but the lingering steel and aluminum tariffs on Canada are damaging to both countries and insulting to Canada.  If the US has a legitimate security beef with Huawei, why not be upfront about it rather than go after the company on the basis of breaking a US trade policy on Iran that most countries don’t agree with or respect? WTF does Iran have to do with any of this?  The bank fraud accusation against Huawei is an arcane tactic that Trump openly stated was a bargaining chip in China-US trade negotiations.  China is punishing Canada for doing nothing other than respecting an extradition treaty with the US.  Why are we doing this?  The US doesn’t have our backs.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada has been a pawn in a very particular political and partisan US scheme in the Huawei extradition affair.  The only learning to come out of this experience is that both the US and China should be trusted less.  I have no time for Trump for a host of reasons, but the lingering steel and aluminum tariffs on Canada are damaging to both countries and insulting to Canada. 

 

Agreed, but the reasons are different than your contention.   Trump and his Dept. of Commerce want to put the squeeze on China by closing the backdoor loopholes that Canada has been providing for dumping, transshipments, and IP theft.   China is the main objective, with Canada just being caught up because it has been complicit.

 

Quote

If the US has a legitimate security beef with Huawei, why not be upfront about it rather than go after the company on the basis of breaking a US trade policy on Iran that most countries don’t agree with or respect? WTF does Iran have to do with any of this?  The bank fraud accusation against Huawei is an arcane tactic that Trump openly stated was a bargaining chip in China-US trade negotiations.  China is punishing Canada for doing nothing other than respecting an extradition treaty with the US.  Why are we doing this?  The US doesn’t have our backs.  

 

True...the U.S. does not have Canada's back, nor should it in matters of trade and national security.   The U.S. and other Five Eyes allies have already rejected Huawei for 5G, and Canada is late to the game.   The bank fraud allegations date back to Obama era sanctions, not Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada has been a pawn in a very particular political and partisan US scheme in the Huawei extradition affair.  The only learning to come out of this experience is that both the US and China should be trusted less.  I have no time for Trump for a host of reasons, but the lingering steel and aluminum tariffs on Canada are damaging to both countries and insulting to Canada.  If the US has a legitimate security beef with Huawei, why not be upfront about it rather than go after the company on the basis of breaking a US trade policy on Iran that most countries don’t agree with or respect? WTF does Iran have to do with any of this?  The bank fraud accusation against Huawei is an arcane tactic that Trump openly stated was a bargaining chip in China-US trade negotiations.  China is punishing Canada for doing nothing other than respecting an extradition treaty with the US.  Why are we doing this?  The US doesn’t have our backs.  

Haha, sry man, this is all on Trudeau. Do u know that  canada will still give Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank 200M or 2 billion (can not remember the number)? No competent gov't will do that.

 

Edited by egghead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Agreed, but the reasons are different than your contention.   Trump and his Dept. of Commerce want to put the squeeze on China by closing the backdoor loopholes that Canada has been providing for dumping, transshipments, and IP theft.   China is the main objective, with Canada just being caught up because it has been complicit.

 

 

True...the U.S. does not have Canada's back, nor should it in matters of trade and national security.   The U.S. and other Five Eyes allies have already rejected Huawei for 5G, and Canada is late to the game.   The bank fraud allegations date back to Obama era sanctions, not Trump.

There is no back door for China through Canada.  We have applied the same tariffs on China that the US has.  In fact, China’s steel and aluminum producers exporting directly to the US have received far more tariff exemptions than Canadian steel and aluminum producers.  It’s terrible treatment of Canada by a so called ally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

There is no back door for China through Canada.  We have applied the same tariffs on China that the US has.  In fact, China’s steel and aluminum producers exporting directly to the US have received far more tariff exemptions than Canadian steel and aluminum producers.  It’s terrible treatment of Canada by a so called ally. 

 

Canada only moved on these issues after Trump threatened to impose tariffs.  

When it comes to trade, Canada is not an ally...it is a competitor.    So compete....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Canada only moved on these issues after Trump threatened to impose tariffs.  

When it comes to trade, Canada is not an ally...it is a competitor.    So compete....

The US’s steel and aluminum tariffs on Canada have hurt manufacturing on both sides of the border.  It’s added a billion in production costs to GM.  It’s a stupid tariff.  With Canada’s tariffs in place on China there is no reason for them.  How dumb.  Trump really is disliked for good reasons internationally and it has really lowered the US brand.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The US’s steel and aluminum tariffs on Canada have hurt manufacturing on both sides of the border.  It’s added a billion in production costs to GM.  It’s a stupid tariff.  With Canada’s tariffs in place on China there is no reason for them.  How dumb.  Trump really is disliked for good reasons internationally and it has really lowered the US brand.  

 

Oh please...do you think Trump cares about that.  This thread is about Trudeau's incompetence and fall from grace domestically and internationally.

If Canada's industry can't survive the tariffs, then it was too dependent on the U.S. market to start with.  That is dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Oh please...do you think Trump cares about that.  This thread is about Trudeau's incompetence and fall from grace domestically and internationally.

If Canada's industry can't survive the tariffs, then it was too dependent on the U.S. market to start with.  That is dumb.

Trump is a bigger asshole than JT and the world knows it.  Outside America the world just shakes its head at the ridiculous US administration, except perhaps guys like Netanyahu, Putin, and Taxme. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Trump is a bigger asshole than JT and the world knows it.  Outside America the world just shakes its head at the ridiculous US administration, except perhaps guys like Netanyahu, Putin, and Taxme. 

 

We want Trump to be a bigger "asshole" than Trudeau...that's why Trump was elected.

Any fool can see how many things Trudeau has screwed up with his weak ass virtue signaling and feminist agenda.

Trump was right about Trudeau...very weak.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

When it comes to trade, Canada is not an ally...it is a competitor.    So compete....

Agreed, there is nothing wrong here that could not be resolved if Canada had a more capable PM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Oh please...do you think Trump cares about that.  This thread is about Trudeau's incompetence and fall from grace domestically and internationally.

If Canada's industry can't survive the tariffs, then it was too dependent on the U.S. market to start with.  That is dumb.

Then stop bringing Trump up. As you made a couple more posts that referred to Trump :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...