Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Recommended Posts

I guess that in the Scandinavian context Sanders would be a social democrat, which is very mainstream here. Three Scandinavian countries have a social democrat-led government. He would probably be even considered right wing of the social democrats. However, in the USA he is too extreme to have chances to be elected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kimberly Klacik...my new heroine.  I'm thinking President Kim one day.

Disgusting.  It’s time Democrats denounced this behaviour instead of encouraging it.  Who are the fascists again?  

Lecturing us all on the sanctity of the Oval Office...

Posted Images

3 hours ago, -TSS- said:

I guess that in the Scandinavian context Sanders would be a social democrat, which is very mainstream here. Three Scandinavian countries have a social democrat-led government. He would probably be even considered right wing of the social democrats. However, in the USA he is too extreme to have chances to be elected.

This says a lot more about how extreme the US is not Sanders.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eyeball said:

This says a lot more about how extreme the US is not Sanders.

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue. If Comrade Bernie wants to win an election on a national stage, he should move to Scandinavia.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, -TSS- said:

I guess that in the Scandinavian context Sanders would be a social democrat, which is very mainstream here. Three Scandinavian countries have a social democrat-led government. He would probably be even considered right wing of the social democrats. However, in the USA he is too extreme to have chances to be elected.

No, he’d still be considered far left.  Scandinavian countries develop their energy interests, particularly oil.  It helps pay for their social safety net.  They also purposely have much lower immigration levels.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, eyeball said:

This says a lot more about how extreme the US is not Sanders.

No, Bernie is pretty extreme.  Most countries consider securing their borders as necessary.  Most countries consider giving benefits to people that enter the country illegally as wrong.  Including Canada.  Most countries consider taking care of their citizens first before taking care of non citizens as paramount.  He and the other open borders Dems are extreme as they get.  Presidents Bill Clinton and JFK wouldn’t be allowed into their party any more.  Hell, it was just a couple of weeks ago that Democrats during their last debate spent most of their time trashing Obama!  That’s how extreme they’ve become.

Obama’s not woke enough!

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-maher-mocks-democratic-debates-so-obama-is-not-woke-enough-now/

Edited by Shady
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yeah, I'd say It's definitely more like a Sheriff of Nottingham state.

Actually, Robin Hood took from the government.  But facts can be stubborn things sometimes.

Edited by Shady
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Shady said:

Actually, Robin Hood took from the government.  But facts can be stubborn things sometimes.

So by that token Robin Hood should be a hero of the right.   Unfortunately the right is more enamoured with the power and authority of the sherrif.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 4:04 PM, eyeball said:

So by that token Robin Hood should be a hero of the right.   Unfortunately the right is more enamoured with the power and authority of the sherrif.

Actually Robin Hood took the money from the rich and gave it to the poor just like the relative socialist Europe. They don’t seem to understand the merits of true capitalism just like you.

Typical leary response referred to lefties calling the sheriff enamouring power. When in doubt blame Trump.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess that in the extremely unlikely event that Tulsi Gabbard wins the nomination a lot of people who would otherwise vote for Trump would actually vote for her. However, hasn't she already been dubbed as Putin's agent?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 11:04 AM, eyeball said:

So by that token Robin Hood should be a hero of the right.   Unfortunately the right is more enamoured with the power and authority of the sherrif.

No, he really shouldn’t be a hero.  Theft is theft.  Regardless of whom is on the receiving end, it’s wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 11:04 AM, eyeball said:

So by that token Robin Hood should be a hero of the right.   Unfortunately the right is more enamoured with the power and authority of the sherrif.

Not the sheriff.

The King.  

King Dollar. 

Empire of Liberty. 

Manifest Destiny. 

Pax Americana.

I take the free money from the King's central banks; and give it to poor little old me.

So I can feed my family.

Steak & Lobster.

With a Chevy Z71 War Truck.  

And an Assault Rifle.

Long live the Kings of Virginia.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who still don't get it, here is the reason that Donald Trump continues to troll the news media....he gets to continue dominating the new cycle and starve his political rivals (Democrats) of oxygen.   This strategy has served Trump well, and I do not expect it to change.

 

Quote

Campaign 2020: TV’s War Against Trump Leaves Little Time for Dems

Much as they were four years ago, the Big Three evening newscasts continue to be obsessed with Donald Trump, pounding him incessantly with highly-negative coverage. But then as now, the networks’ fixation on Trump seems to be leaving comparatively little airtime for his would-be presidential challengers.

 

2019coveragechart.jpg

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2019/09/09/campaign-2020-tvs-war-against-trump-leaves-little-time-dems

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

For those who still don't get it, here is the reason that Donald Trump continues to troll the news media....he gets to continue dominating the new cycle and starve his political rivals (Democrats) of oxygen.   This strategy has served Trump well, and I do not expect it to change.

 

 

2019coveragechart.jpg

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2019/09/09/campaign-2020-tvs-war-against-trump-leaves-little-time-dems

Also the few Democrats he deliberately shines a spotlight on via trolling, are really unpopular and get more airtime than Biden. Trump's battle with The Squad got nearly as much airtime as Biden got all summer.

He drowns out his competition and sucks all the oxygen out of the room when it benefits him, and he gives them a megaphone while remaining the center of attention when it will hurt them as well. 

Diabolical.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 4:59 AM, Yzermandius19 said:

He drowns out his competition and sucks all the oxygen out of the room when it benefits him, and he gives them a megaphone while remaining the center of attention when it will hurt them as well. 

Diabolical.

Not hard to suck the oxygen out of Biden, Sanders and Warren as the leading Democrat candidates.

What a weak bench.  To kooks and a mook

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Not hard to suck the oxygen out of Biden, Sanders and Warren as the leading Democrat candidates.

What a weak bench.  To kooks and a mook

True but even so, Trump has knack for it, and triggers them into assisting him with their own ass whipping. They buy nearly all of Trump's feints and when they bite extra hard he obliterates them with counter punches, with both big shots and stringing together combinations, keeping them constantly reactive and playing right into his hands.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

True but even so, Trump has knack for it, and triggers them into assisting him with their own ass whipping. They buy nearly all of Trump's feints and when they bite extra hard he obliterates them with counter punches, keeps them constantly reactive and playing right into his hands.

The weakness of being moralizers, they're trapped into taking the bait.

I just think it's funny that they've had years to come up with a champion, and it's basically gonna be Biden. lol.  So lame.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The weakness of being moralizers, they're trapped into taking the bait.

I just think it's funny that they've had years to come up with a champion, and it's basically gonna be Biden. lol.  So lame.

You could tell back in 2016 that they had such a weak bench that they were never going to nominate anything but a lame champion, and even if they had anyone on the bench, they would wait until they weren't facing an incumbent to run, or Trump would likely just trigger them into destroying themselves playing right into his game anyway.

Then they doubled down more on the derp for 2020 than even I thought they would, and that sealed their fate.

Wishful thinking is a helluva drug, and the Demohacks thinking their bubble is representative of the wider electorate is one their biggest weakness.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

You could tell back in 2016 that they had such a weak bench that they were never going to nominate anything but a lame champion, and even if they had anyone on the bench, they would wait until they weren't facing an incumbent to run, or Trump would likely just trigger them into destroying themselves playing right into his game anyway.

Then they doubled down more on the derp for 2020 than even I thought they would, and that sealed their fate.

The over interpreted the Hillary loss so they went further left into McGovernism, but it wasn't Hillary wasn't left wing enough, she was just personally disliked,

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

The over interpreted the Hillary loss so they went further left into McGovernism, but it wasn't Hillary wasn't left wing enough, she was just personally disliked,

 

And they are dumb enough to think someone running further to the left than Hillary won't be personally disliked, so naive.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

And they are dumb enough to think someone running further to the left than Hillary won't be personally disliked, so naive.

Problem for them is that is just who they are now.  They are not the party of FDR and JFK anymore, they are the Trannie Commie Antifa party

They are screwed like the Rockefeller Republicans against the New Dealers.

They can't win outside of their social class.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Problem for them is that is just who they are now.  They are not the party of FDR and JFK anymore, they are the Trannie Commie Antifa party

They are screwed like the Rockefeller Republicans against the New Dealers.

They can't win outside of their social class.

Antifafeller Democrats vs The Art of The Dealers, the outcome is obvious.

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




×
×
  • Create New...