Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
GostHacked

The road to 2020

Recommended Posts

ok, I agree then that that's an answer. albeit, a very scary one. supporters don't seem to care about the US position on the international stage. he could be having children cut up for body parts or whatever... as long as he's still "our" guy! geesh.

I guess it has been a long time since Rs have had a president that they could be proud of. Bush Sr?

and what is that end? does his supporters devise what that is? or does the R machine define that? I mean, overnight, "conservatism" went from one set of ideas to Trumps ideas. but that's another post I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, godzilla said:

ok, I agree then that that's an answer. albeit, a very scary one. supporters don't seem to care about the US position on the international stage. he could be having children cut up for body parts or whatever... as long as he's still "our" guy! geesh.

 

The U.S. position has always been backstopped by raw economic and military power, no different from Trump's policies and methods except in delivery style.  President Obama destroyed entire families with drone attacks, but he was still "their" guy.    Being loved internationally is more of a Canadian value and desire, and should not be projected on Americans...as a whole different superpower dynamic is at play.  

Trump has dared to challenge the post WW2 order, mostly because it has cost the United States a fortune that is no longer affordable, especially if more money must be spent on domestic social programs.   The EU has a larger population than the U.S., but carries far less weight.   Chrystia Freeland (Canada) wants the U.S. to continue as before, but there is no requirement to do so.    Trump is right to question all such things, even if he cannot really change them.

 

Quote

I guess it has been a long time since Rs have had a president that they could be proud of. Bush Sr?

 

The GOP rejected Trump early on, until he showed them the path to victory.    Now they love him....as long as he keeps delivering.    Bush Sr. lost re-election because of broken tax promises ("read my lips"); President Reagan was  the last point of GOP pride (Reagan was previously a Democrat.).

 

Quote

and what is that end? does his supporters devise what that is? or does the R machine define that? I mean, overnight, "conservatism" went from one set of ideas to Trumps ideas. but that's another post I guess.

 

The first order of business was to stop the status quo...to disrupt...globalism and multiculturalism...nationalist ideas that proceeded Trump by many years.   Voices in Canada screamed about the ravages of NAFTA long before Trump (e.g. Maude Barlow).    All Trump added to the fight was a media presence and acumen that dominated his GOP rivals and the Democrats. 

Donald Trump is not a conservative in the classic sense at all.    Trump is a populist who turned American politics on its head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow, this is a job for you isn't it? I got your number now girl. don't think I can't sniff out a professional crank.

you may fool regular posters but I can tell someone who really knows how to confuse rather than place anything in laser focus when it just.... doesn't... look... good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, godzilla said:

wow, this is a job for you isn't it? I got your number now girl. don't think I can't sniff out a professional crank.

you may fool regular posters but I can tell someone who really knows how to confuse rather than place anything in laser focus when it just.... doesn't... look... good.

 

Look...just follow forum rules (no personal attacks) and we will get along just fine.

I was focusing lasers over 40 years ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile, back at the Democratic ranch, Michael Bloomberg has entered the ring late to try and save what he sees as an obvious defeat for Democrats / Socialists.    Bloomberg has the deep pockets that Biden lacks, and has less baggage.  

The Democrats are gifting Trump impeachment martyrdom while stealing precious media bandwidth from their own lame presidential candidates.

The U.S. election is now less than one year away.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Meanwhile, back at the Democratic ranch, Michael Bloomberg has entered the ring late to try and save what he sees as an obvious defeat for Democrats / Socialists.    Bloomberg has the deep pockets that Biden lacks, and has less baggage.  

The Democrats are gifting Trump impeachment martyrdom while stealing precious media bandwidth from their own lame presidential candidates.

The U.S. election is now less than one year away.

 

Bloomberg is getting in too late and he has plenty of baggage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Bloomberg is getting in too late and he has plenty of baggage.

 

His time...his money.  Bloomberg just can't stand idly by and watch the Democrats hand the election to Trump.

The DNC is still broke....has to borrow more money.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

His time...his money.  Bloomberg just can't stand idly by and watch the Democrats hand the election to Trump.

The DNC is still broke....has to borrow more money.

 

 

He can run on trying to ban large quantities of soda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really interested in getting along with an american profession crank. this site is hosted by the University of Lethbridge which is a Canadian funded entity. its not a forum for foreign professional actors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, godzilla said:

I'm not really interested in getting along with an american profession crank. this site is hosted by the University of Lethbridge which is a Canadian funded entity. its not a forum for foreign professional actors.

 

See what I mean....it's always personal for the Trump haters.  

Donald Trump is an American president, sponsored by American voters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its always personal when people promote that children catching large pieces of metal in their bodies is acceptable politically. or on any level. this is a site for Canadians and I don't know any Canadians who share that belief system. I also suspect there won't be another forum participant on this board who will support similar. unless there is another paid crank from the US participating.

to be clear. I don't hate Trump. I bet he's a pretty fun guy to hang out with. I wouldn't allow him to run my business or my country. but whatever. you're not going hear real voices. you're a machine.

Edited by godzilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, godzilla said:

its always personal when people promote that children catching large pieces of metal in their bodies is acceptable politically. or on any level. this is a site for Canadians and I don't know any Canadians who share that belief system. I also suspect there won't be another forum participant on this board who will support similar. unless there is another paid crank from the US participating.

No one is promoting that by pointing out that less collateral damage is happening under Trump's watch than many of the most recent POTUS's. You are creating an idiotic strawmen to make yourself feel smarter and give yourself an unearned sense of moral superiority over those you disagree with.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yzermandius, I can tell even though you have yet to state it directly that you accept it to be a deplorable activity. that its wrong. that every action should be taken to ensure that its not happening if at all possible. I've read your other posts. you're not completely inhuman (or a paid crank).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, godzilla said:

its always personal when people promote that children catching large pieces of metal in their bodies is acceptable politically. or on any level.

 

So you agree with Trump that abortions are "morally" wrong...but politically acceptable ?

 

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, godzilla said:

Yzermandius, I can tell even though you have yet to state it directly that you accept it to be a deplorable activity. that its wrong. that every action should be taken to ensure that its not happening if at all possible. I've read your other posts. you're not completely inhuman (or a paid crank).

It's all in the game, you can't ensure that it isn't happening, it will always happen, Trump or no Trump. 

Learn to deal. You can pine for honest politicians all you want, but reality doesn't care about your wishful thinking. I'd advise not expecting or demanding the impossible, that just lead to disappointment. It won't change anything for the better either, all cost, no benefit.

Less naive optimism, More grounded realism. Protip.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, godzilla said:

this site is hosted by the University of Lethbridge which is a Canadian funded entity

This site used to be partially funded by the University of Lethbridge.

However that hasn’t been the case since 2011. It has since been funded by me personally and with the help of volunteers like Charles.

Quote

this is a site for Canadians and I don't know any Canadians who share that belief system.

That is also an incorrect statement.

This website is not operated “for Canadians”, we clearly state the following in the forum guidelines:

Quote

Mapleleafweb operates these forums in the hopes that they will promote intelligent, honest and responsible discussion.

The nationality of the forum participants has absolutely nothing to do with intelligent discussion.

I welcome participants from all over the world; diversity of opinion is what matters, not echo chambers centred around tribalism and other forms of nationalism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Greg said:

This site used to be partially funded by the University of Lethbridge.

However that hasn’t been the case since 2011. It has since been funded by me personally and with the help of volunteers like Charles.

Wow, thank you Greg ...   and Charles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greg and Charles are code names for operatives from Tonga sent to spy on us.  They never ever had me fooled even for a second. When Tonga invades I warned all you fools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll vote NO, even though the only allowed opposition in US politics (The Dems) are almost certainly going to offer up a pale imitation of Trump.....named Joe Biden! 

Think about it for a second. What different policy positions does Joe have or represent that are any different than Donald Trump? Joe is more of a militarist wanting more military spending and more foreign wars and bombings than Trump does. This has been a huge problem for the Democrat Party, which used to have the anti-war caucus on the left. 

They have been effectively shut down and silenced after Obama first took the White House and assumed control of the wars. Oh Bomber was given a Nobel Peace Prize for doing nothing other than turning two Bush wars into seven, and dropping an average of 26000 bombs per year as the process of no risk drone warfare greatly expanded. 

And Joe's claim to fame as a presidential candidate: being the first black president's Veep, because they sure as hell don't want to talk about his work in the Senate, mostly on behalf of insurance companies, his advocacy for drugs and crime bills that expanded America's prison population, requiring the introduction of private- for profit prisons to be built to fill the gap. And Joe on foreign policy is more of a hawk than Trump is, cause he and standard Democrats are calling Trump a Russian stooge, because war with Russia is one goal he doesn't want to take on...... Yet! 

When it comes to military spending, as soon as Trump took office after Clinton and Dems declared him too dangerous and unstable to be president, they demanded he take an extra $80 billion for the Pentagon budgets. All this is a big part of the reason why the Democrat centrist candidates like Biden, declare that there's no money for universal medicare or other pipedreams like a national infrastructure program....something candidate Trump talked about, but President Trump forgot about, and there's no Democrats or MSM hacks reminding him about it.

So the US 2020 Election looks like an even bigger sham than usual, as there are almost no policy differences between the two parties except on identity politics issues: race, gender, gay rights, abortion...stuff that doesn't cost them or their backers any money, and are the only issues where billionaire oligarchs are divided on also. So, all of the ridiculous attention and waste of oxygen from both sides is just vitriol over the perceived virtues and faults of each side's candidates with very few differences on policy, so that the oligarchs who really run the system can be sure that regardless of who wins, nothing of substance will change, and the generals, the CIA spooks at Langley, and Wall Street bankers will all still be running the things that really count!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 10:01 PM, Shady said:

The problem is that the Democrats have moved so far left that I’m not sure Biden can win the nomination.  I agree with you on Bloomberg too.

:huh::huh:

Where exactly is this "Left" you say Democrats are moving to? Cause jargon and speeches aside, I'd say the exact opposite happened since the 80's, especially after Clinton, the Democrats abandoned organized labor for the "new economy" of dot com millionaires....who created monopolies and are now dot com billionaires who, along with the central bank-created private equity firms are cannibalizing the real economy where wage earners have to live and work!

In reality, Joe Biden....as senile and idiotic as this old clown is, is the perfect candidate and that's why the DNC and their controlled media, like CNN, MSNBC, NY Times still insist on calling him the 'front runner.' I'm just trying to imagine how low the voter turnout will be if AMericans have to choose between Trump and Biden!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PPC2019 said:

For the people who like Donald Trump? What do you dislike most about Donald Trump?

Gee, confining it to just what I dislike the most would be hard. But I'll say his incompetence is what I dislike the most because his being a corrupt, bullying douchebag won't destroy the world. His being a lazy, moronic narcissist with delusions of Godhood and an affinity for dictators and demagogues might.

Edited by Argus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Right To Left said:

I'll vote NO, even though the only allowed opposition in US politics (The Dems) are almost certainly going to offer up a pale imitation of Trump.....named Joe Biden!

Biden is sane. That's enough for me.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 10:10 AM, PPC2019 said:

I would like a yes or no answer. Do you want to see Donald Trump re-elected?

A big bloody yes. Four more years, four more years. Go, Trump, go. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...