Political Discussion Forums
scribblet

Ontario Health Care

is a mess, access to a wait list is not access to health care.   Regardless of all it's warts the U.S. health system is far superior.   Speaking for myself,  my appt. with the ortho guy is one year, if an operation is required at least another year.   If I win the lottery, I'm off to the U.S. 

This is just one example of what goes on in our health care system,  I agree, raise taxes or bring in user fees to improve the system and hire more people, or allow private coverage.
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5170948?

Neil Macdonald  is back in Ontario after a long foreign assignment in the United States, where he likely used D.C./Maryland area hospitals and clinics that have lots of excess capacity.   It probably was a shock to him to go to a crowded ER in Ontario and wait a long time just like everybody else, delaying care with lots of pain meds (opiates).

He might have done better in Alberta or BC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Neil Macdonald  is back in Ontario after a long foreign assignment in the United States, where he likely used D.C./Maryland area hospitals and clinics that have lots of excess capacity.   It probably was a shock to him to go to a crowded ER in Ontario and wait a long time just like everybody else, delaying care with lots of pain meds (opiates).

He might have done better in Alberta or BC.

Where I live there’s a beautiful new hospital that looks like a cross between a Four Seasons hotel, an airport departure lounge, and a shopping mall.  It’s never crowded, but I know I’ll never get out of there in less than four hours.  The doctors on call seem to be enjoying their backyard Muskoka chairs a bit too much, because they always seem pretty relaxed when they waltz in.  Mind you I haven’t had to go for anything serious yet.