Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
basilone_john

US Sanctions - Economic Terrorism

Recommended Posts

According to Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, the US sanctions against Iran are terrorism. He also added that terrorism is the use of violence and intimidation of citizens to achieve political goals. The United States uses economic terrorism, which cannot be called sanctions, because they are not aimed at compliance with the law.

https://twitter.com/JZarif/status/1153011818283053058

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Government of Iran certainly knows quite a lot about using real violence and intimidation against citizens, particularly against it's own people.

Economic sanctions  pale in comparison. Iran won't change it's ways anytime soon, that much is obvious. They are  hoping the Democrats will win in 2020 and implement their much friendlier policies with the Islamic dictatorships in the Middle East.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 4:53 AM, basilone_john said:

According to Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, the US sanctions against Iran are terrorism. He also added that terrorism is the use of violence and intimidation of citizens to achieve political goals. The United States uses economic terrorism, which cannot be called sanctions, because they are not aimed at compliance with the law.

https://twitter.com/JZarif/status/1153011818283053058

1) You're quoting the Minister of Propaganda from the country where they arrest women for taking off their own hijabs. That's good stuff, for a political satire website. That's not what this is....

2) If sanctions were really terrorist acts then Iran would have sanctions against everybody,

3) Since when has "compliance with international law" been a concern for Iran? Is openly advocating genocide in compliance with international law?

 

Edited by WestCanMan
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 10:48 PM, freespeechforall said:

So Mr. basilone_john, what are you doing about it? Are you Canadian? What is Canada doing about it?

Yes, I am Canadian. This is political discussion forum so I think we can share our minds on different stuff. I am concerned about the situation in the world and actually interested in what is happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2019 at 4:48 AM, WestCanMan said:

1) You're quoting the Minister of Propaganda from the country where they arrest women for taking off their own hijabs. That's good stuff, for a political satire website. That's not what this is....

2) If sanctions were really terrorist acts then Iran would have sanctions against everybody,

3) Since when has "compliance with international law" been a concern for Iran? Is openly advocating genocide in compliance with international law?

 

1) Indeed after the Islamic Revolution of 1979, Iran actually introduced a dress code for women, that is, every woman should wear a scarf. A headscarf and dress code are the law, while not all Iranian youth are so religious. Jeans, sandals, heels and fashionable styles are not prohibited within the permissible limits. A scarf is most often used as a fashion accessory, and it is rather thrown over the head, rather than wrapped in it.

2) I think you are confusing Iran and Iraq. Moreover, the sanctions policy is more inherent in the United States, because they impose sanctions on literally for any reason

3) The norms of international law will always be worrying the interests of any country. Genocide in relation to what concretely nation are you talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2019 at 8:22 PM, basilone_john said:

1) Indeed after the Islamic Revolution of 1979, Iran actually introduced a dress code for women, that is, every woman should wear a scarf. A headscarf and dress code are the law, while not all Iranian youth are so religious. Jeans, sandals, heels and fashionable styles are not prohibited within the permissible limits. A scarf is most often used as a fashion accessory, and it is rather thrown over the head, rather than wrapped in it.

2) I think you are confusing Iran and Iraq. Moreover, the sanctions policy is more inherent in the United States, because they impose sanctions on literally for any reason

3) The norms of international law will always be worrying the interests of any country. Genocide in relation to what concretely nation are you talking about?

1) You make it sound so benign, it's not. It's a religious observation that is being forced on everyone in the country. People go to jail if they don't want to participate. 

It might be really swell for Iranians that it's not an actual hijab, just something to take it's place, but that's like if in Canada we said "not everyone has to wear a cross, but you at least have to wear a bracelet that says "WWJD" on it. 

2) US sanctions are on countries that inflict hardships on their citizens or other countries. Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism. China implements awful trade practices including the theft of intellectual property and all kinds of trade barriers. NoKo has been a human rights violator and a threat to world peace for generations. 

3) Iran openly supports Hezbollah and Hamas, both of which have leaders who have openly called for genocide against Jews. Ahmadinejad has called Israel a tumour, talked about wiping them out, and denied the holocaust. Rouhani also calls Israel a cancerous tumour.

None of those people have ever said similar things about Pakistan, which is no different from Israel, aside from the fact that the Pakistanis committed genocide and mass-systemic rape to ethnically cleanse it's borders of almost every religious minority. 

Can you tell me B John why should Pakistan get to exist and Israel doesn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Tariffs and sanctions are all part of Trump’s playbook. No country is safe and thus every country needs to prepare for a sudden downturn in relations. 

Trump's presidency hasn't seen war, just diplomacy and economic sanctions. That's not enough for some people though. Too bad. Wait for the next Dem. Maybe 2024 if you're "lucky".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Trump's presidency hasn't seen war, just diplomacy and economic sanctions. That's not enough for some people though. Too bad. Wait for the next Dem. Maybe 2024 if you're "lucky".

You mean hasn’t seen a new war. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile Cold War Two continues to escalate in the background, basically on autopilot. 

BMD vs INF for Theater Thermonuclear War in the Black Sea is the war that is in progress, though no launch on warning as of yet.

Mind you, this is not the doing of any one President, the National Security Consensus is not really subject to the President.

Eisenhower didn't call it the Military Industrial Complex, he called it the Military Industrial Congressional Complex, for a reason.

Presidents come and go, MICC is always in effect

Edited by Dougie93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2019 at 10:41 PM, basilone_john said:

Yes, I am Canadian. This is political discussion forum so I think we can share our minds on different stuff. I am concerned about the situation in the world and actually interested in what is happening

Your words do not show a concern for the world at all just a need to bash the US with one sided thread starters  designed to incite anti American responses from leading questions speaks for itself, "Joe"....

https://www.zdnet.com/article/iranian-social-network-scammers-impersonated-us-political-candidates/

https://www.zdnet.com/article/twitter-says-it-receives-half-a-million-of-spam-reports-per-month/

https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1?.intl=ca&.lang=en-CA&.partner=none&.src=fp

http://www.politicaljack.com/threads/russian-troll-brigade-paid-to-spam-social-media-sites.82357/page-2

https://www.newsweek.com/2015/05/15/russias-greatest-weapon-may-be-its-hackers-328864.html

https://worldview.stratfor.com/article/bending-internet-how-governments-control-flow-information-online

Whether our name is Vasilchenko or Basilone is not the issue. Never was, "Joe"...its your script.

Слон не может скрыть свой пенис.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...