Political Discussion Forums
Ewall87

Does Maxime Bernier's PPC stand a chance?

48 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I’m saying that we should no longer provide peacekeepers and we should stop giving them money. The UN is a farce. 

Canada doesn't provide many Peacekeepers anymore, what Peacekeeping mission are you concerned about?

15 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canada doesn't provide many Peacekeepers anymore, what Peacekeeping mission are you concerned about?

I’m concerned about anything that the UN ever asks of us in the future. 

We have probably the 100th largest population in the world and we have the second-highest number of peacekeeping deaths. Only India had suffered more peacekeeping deaths than Canada the last time I checked.

That’s just another huge UN joke.

I’m not interested in supporting them like we have in the past. We have literally no say in anything that they decide there, we just pick up the tab every time they say jump. 

China has 40x our population and they are the world’s biggest lender now. Let them buck up. Saudi hasno debt, just a horde of cash and oil. Let them pay some freight. Send in some peacekeepers. I’m seriously done with that fiasco. 

Now they’ve started trying to dictate to us how many refugees and immigrants we need to take in every year and la turd just nodded his bobbly head and signed off on it. Ixnay on that ullshitbay too.

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

We have probably the 100th largest population in the world and we have the second-highest number of peacekeeping deaths. Only India had suffered more peacekeeping deaths than Canada the last time I checked.

I served on Op Harmony, my friends were injured, my brothers were killed in Yugoslavia.

None the less, my friends who were injured are proud of their service to the UN, they wear their UN Berets on Remembrance Day, none has declined his decorations.

Bernier has been invited to the two official debates. That should probably put a nail in the coffin of any hopes the CPC still has of winning this election. Scheer is going to look even more timid, wavering, uncertain and diffident compared to Bernier. Bernier will speak to the issues that matter to conservatives, the ones Scheer doesn't dare even address. The other leaders will all call him extreme, and his party's popularity will likely double, mostly at the expense of the Tories.

He has no chance of winning, of course, but this could do real damage to the Tories, and if he does they're going to have to reconsider having no conservative policies as the base starts to drift  to the PPC.

It's not that I don't understand the Tory strategy, btw. They figure they can count on everyone on the Right, and then play to the centre. They're afraid of bringing out any policies which might make the press call them 'extreme'. The thing is, that strategy has failed miserably. The mainstream media, almost completely progressive, and allies of the Liberals, has been portraying them as only slightly to the right of Adolph Hitler since the writ was dropped. So they're losing centrists while also turning off their base. And Scheer looks like an anxious fumbling weakling while they're doing it. Their popularity is  the same as it was when they lost the last election, and heading in the wrong direction. So those who are anxiously voting Tory in hopes of removing Trudeau can forget it. Unless something huge happens, like Trudeau being exposed as a pedophile or something, they have just about zero chance. The SNC thing is doing them no good in Quebec, because Quebecers have never had much of a problem with corruption. And in Ontario, the big scary-scary white supremacist, racist, homophobic, islamaphobic scare campaign has had its impact. Also, the election of Doug Ford has made Ontarions realize that balancing the books might actually mean cutbacks of some kind, and that is something they absolutely can't stand the thought of. They're not ready to vote for anyone who will not continually raise the level of slops in their trough.

So yeah, let Bernier go in and stomp around like Godzilla. I hope Scheer looks like an emasculated idiot and the hand-wringing centrists currently running the Tory party get pushed aside when he's replaced.

Edited by Argus

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I served on Op Harmony, my friends were injured, my brothers were killed in Yugoslavia.

None the less, my friends who were injured are proud of their service to the UN, they wear their UN Berets on Remembrance Day, none has declined his decorations.

I have two friends who served in Yugo and one in Afghanistan. The two who served in Yugo both have mental health issues. One of them will just instantly start crying if he sees a little kid cry. I never asked specifically why, he never offered to tell. Fighting in certain actual wars would probably be better than what they did.

One of them spent his second day there picking up bodies and body parts with just some latex gloves and a cloth mask. There was a light snow the night before so they had to sweep the snow around a bit to find the smaller parts, like little kids' fingers, parts of a scalp with hair still on them. Kind of related but infinitesimally small side note: I had to pick my dead cat up once off the street once. You quickly find that there's no way to do that with dignity or in a way that's not awkward and revolting. And that was just a cat, not a whole bunch of people. I can't imagine what he felt like doing that. It's on an uncomparable level to anything I've ever done before.

Then there's the part where, nearer to the end of the ordeal, they would see bad guys walking around with guns but they weren't allowed to shoot them or disarm them because of the f'd up rules of engagement. So they're just there and unless they shoot at you first you have to just let them be. 

Our guys thought that some of them were killing their own people just to blame the other side. Whatever. They were just really gross "people" over there. Death is too kind for them.  

3 hours ago, Argus said:

Bernier has been invited to the two official debates. That should probably put a nail in the coffin of any hopes the CPC still has of winning this election. Scheer is going to look even more timid, wavering, uncertain and diffident compared to Bernier. Bernier will speak to the issues that matter to conservatives, the ones Scheer doesn't dare even address. The other leaders will all call him extreme, and his party's popularity will likely double, mostly at the expense of the Tories.

It will be interesting to see who goes after whom there.

I don't think Bernier will do more damage to Scheer's brand than he does to his own. He's a weasel at heart and it's bound to show through at some point.  

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

I don't think Bernier will do more damage to Scheer's brand than he does to his own. He's a weasel at heart and it's bound to show through at some point.  

All politicians are weasels. I don't see how Scheer can go after him for his policies and beliefs without insulting his own base who believe in the same policies and beliefs.

6 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I think we all served in Op Harmony, one with the UN, the worst run mission in the world, we were CAN"T BAT one and TWO, because our politicians would not let us do anything...that and we could not take action on war crimes, we were told to report and observe...and with all the video we took no war crimes were ever pursued... we watched a lot of people die while we recorded it for history....I lost faith in anything UN that tour...., the other tours under NATO went a little better , I thought we made a small difference, atleast we could prevent the killing by force....

Rwanda was another waste of time, we were deployed way to late, after the mass killings...

Blue Beret I wouldn't  piss on one if it was on fire....then again I was infantry, close with and destroy our enemies...not sit and watch and record, I died a little each time we rolled up on the killings....and had to sit and record, it was not something to be proud of, I cried like a baby taking my turn on the video equipment, all I wanted was to put a round in one of those cocky serbs faces who knew the rules better than we did, they never even blinked when we arrived, just smiled for the camera....and went on with the killing.....ya nice times... 

I guess we all had different experiences....it was my first taste of conflict, one that I still have problems with today....

31 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I think we all served in Op Harmony, one with the UN, the worst run mission in the world, we were CAN"T BAT one and TWO, because our politicians would not let us do anything...

Patrol the zona, report the violations. support the ceasefire, mission accomplished. 

Since when was it our role to fight the war for the Jugoslavs?  Not my war.  All three sides were shady.

Can Bat 2 was Op Cavalier.

Edited by Dougie93

20 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Patrol the zona, report the violations. support the ceasefire, mission accomplished. 

Since when was it our role to fight the war for the Jugoslavs?  Not my war.  A three sides were shady.

Your right, that was the mission, I was a 19 year grunt had 3 years in the forces, still thought I was superman, my training up until then was fighting the Russian hordes, closing with and destroying those commie heathens. with all that training and all that I could do was to record their last moments of women and children, and fighting age teenagers...at that point it was fuck the mission....i just wanted to help, protect civilians, protect women and children  any monkey could film it all happening.... thats not an infantry mans job is, thats for some reporter, or policemen....i was full of piss and vinegar, I was sold a bill of goods, we as a Regt were going to make a difference, so the CO said,  .......all we did was record , and be forever haunted by those that died with confused looks on their face , like are you not going to help me, why are you here ? .... the first years of that conflict was a nightmare , until NATO grew some balls and took over the mission....then we could ply our trade, enforce the laws, the wild west days were over for the outlaws....

7 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Your right, that was the mission, I was a 19 year grunt had 3 years in the forces, still thought I was superman, my training up until then was fighting the Russian hordes, closing with and destroying those commie heathens. with all that training and all that I could do was to record their last moments of women and children, and fighting age teenagers...at that point it was fuck the mission....i just wanted to help, protect civilians, protect women and children  any monkey could film it all happening.... thats not an infantry mans job is, thats for some reporter, or policemen....i was full of piss and vinegar, I was sold a bill of goods, we as a Regt were going to make a difference, so the CO said,  .......all we did was record , and be forever haunted by those that died with confused looks on their face , like are you not going to help me, why are you here ? .... the first years of that conflict was a nightmare , until NATO grew some balls and took over the mission....then we could ply our trade, enforce the laws, the wild west days were over for the outlaws....

Me too, except for the part about being haunted. 

It was good times, the best of times, Frank Mellish was just a corporal, Johnny Vance was Major Vance.

The only thing that ticked me off was the media coverage.  Like Izzy Isfeld getting blown up and the CBC running it last story on the National, just a foot note.

I had a hot girlfriend at the time too, 19, doing swimsuit modeling for catalogues, picked her up working at the Beckers.

We used to fight like cats and dogs then have jungle cat make up sex ftw.

One time when I was on confinement to barracks she snuck up to my room in G-101 wearing just a raincoat over lingerie.

The army was non stop fun and adventure, Petawawa was my home away from home.

When I first got posted I was like; aw shit, this is the middle of nowhere.  Turns out it's just small town Ontario, with lots of cute chicks I soon discovered.

42265583171_9708123cbc_b.jpg

Edited by Dougie93

The CSM who walked up to the Serb and took the AK off of him,  I heard that was Dave Preeper from Charles.  

I didn't see it but I believed it, Preeper was the best CSM I ever knew.

Working at Battleschool was great too. 

Clive Tasco, what a great guy, kept me laughing all the time, took no shit from Ruperts,  took good care of me as one of his boys.

Carl  Deroche, he had swagger, and he could back it up, larger than life bad ass.   Captain Matt Sprague, supersoldier, consummate professional officer

Just learning all the time, and hanging out and having a good time most of the time, even the bad times seem like good times looking back now.

On the banks of the Ottawa, nice beaches too.  Petawawa beach parties were da bomb. 

Living with my girlfriend and her family down on the Point in Pet, was far more idyllic and stable than my home life growing up.

EDkKxEiXoAAp8X9.jpg

Edited by Dougie93

19 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Me too, except for the part about being haunted. 

It was good times, the best of times, Frank Mellish was just a corporal, Johnny Vance was Major Vance.

The only thing that ticked me off was the media coverage.  Like Izzy Isfeld getting blown up and the CBC running it last story on the National, just a foot note.

At least you never had Vance as a CO....that was interesting....dropped us of in PV with snow shoes and toboggans, and made us walk back through the training area....just over 60 klicks, then came out and told us if we did it all again the next day he would write off our BFT....Ya nice guy...and now he is just a paper appointment... 

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

At least you never had Vance as a CO....that was interesting....dropped us of in PV with snow shoes and toboggans, and made us walk back through the training area....just over 60 klicks, then came out and told us if we did it all again the next day he would write off our BFT....Ya nice guy...and now he is just a paper appointment... 

All Tigers, No Donkeys ; )   I didn't really care about the CO, I cared more about the CSM and Warrant. 

I thought Vance was a bad ass operator in terms of being a field soldier, he always had his shit wired tight in the field, he could lead from the front.

gen-jonathan-vance.jpg

Edited by Dougie93

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Beardmore was interesting, if a little aloof.  I didn't really care about the CO, I cared more about the CSM and Warrant. 

I thought Vance was a bad ass operator in terms of being a field soldier, he always had his shit wired tight in the field, he could lead from the front.

Back then they were the gods, Plt WO or CSM....Never really like Vance , of course never got close enough to HQ plt to see him operate, although every morning before PT he would check every chit in the BN  and if it was not squared away, you were doing BN PT, he did not give a shit what the MO said, that way he was good, the plugs feared him, kept them honest....the rest of us just thought he could be extreme at times, nobody died, what do they say what does not kill you makes you harder........I've had worse CO's and OC's.  MAJ White, OC had his ruck sack shit in several times on one ex, he posted a sentry on it was getting bad there for a while, put up a trail cam actually got some video of the guys taking turns dumping in his ruck , but they were wearing balaclava's funney as shit......he made us watch that video dozens of times to try and get someone to cop to it....we all held strong....The mad shitters were never found out...well the troops all knew.. he would latter be given a desk job  

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Back then they were the gods, Plt WO or CSM....Never really like Vance , of course never got close enough to HQ plt to see him operate, although every morning before PT he would check every chit in the BN  and if it was not squared away, you were doing BN PT, he did not give a shit what the MO said, that way he was good, the plugs feared him, kept them honest....the rest of us just thought he could be extreme at times, nobody died, what do they say what does not kill you makes you harder........I've had worse CO's and OC's.  MAJ White, OC had his ruck sack shit in several times on one ex, he posted a sentry on it was getting bad there for a while, put up a trail cam actually got some video of the guys taking turns dumping in his ruck , but they were wearing balaclava's funney as shit......he made us watch that video dozens of times to try and get someone to cop to it....we all held strong....The mad shitters were never found out...well the troops all knew.. he would latter be given a desk job  

I simply endeavored to take it all in stride, relaxed in the saddle,  endure hardship gladly, make the best of any situation, smoking & joking in the ranks.

It was my privilege to serve with such amazing fellows, so many supersoldiers, so many larger than life characters.

Everyday was an adventure, work hard, party harder, gym, tan, laundry, pt.

I honestly had non stop fun in the army, because that is what I made of it.

Plus I love tactical operations, close with and destroy, patrol by day and night, hold the thin red line, rally around the colours, Ducimus.

Plus I loved being paid to work out, near Olympic level fitness at my peak.

I used to go running with civvies who thought they were fast, used to run them into the ground, run them until they puked and collapsed on the side of the road.

I used to ruck up and run out into the training area, running for miles and miles, just in the rhythm, running half marathons for fun.

When I was on confinement to barracks, I made the most of it, worked on my uniforms, made my parade boots into black glass.

I was a good field soldier, I was a good parade square soldier, I was an instructor, I could do it all.

I just wouldn't back down in a street fight, so sometimes I had to knock somebody the f*ck out, then I had to pay the piper on Monday morning; One Two Nine.

When I first started going out with my girlfriend, she was only 18 so she couldn't get into Sassy's.  So we went to the River Club in Quebec.

I beat the stuffing out of a few people in that parking lot, no doubt, classic Road House.

Vance only ever chewed me out once, for speaking out of turn in the headshed, he kicked me out of the O grp and then after reamed me something fierce.

But whatever, I didn't hold it against him, that's the DCO, it's his prerogative, at Battleschool I laid down the law to the troops too, it was all good.

Vance wasn't the scariest guy in battalion by any means, that was actually Louie the Bear, he was a great guy, heart of gold, but he didn't know his own strength.

Lou would get a few cocktails into him, then he was like an actual bear, you couldn't stop him, he'd throw you around like a rag doll even when he didn't mean to,

When he was sober he was this poetic guy, he'd literally quote poetry, after a few drinks downrange, he was a human grizzly.

One night in Ottawa he picked up a table and threw it at a guy who was annoying him, it was like King Kong, the bouncers were peeing their pants.

He loved to drive fast, live on the edge, me too, we used to race along 17 like Smokey & The Bandit, good ol' boys. Big country living.

In the field he was like the Terminator.  He could have easily killed men with his bare hands.  The kind of guy you want in a trench with you.

At the same time, he was well read, he was intellectual, so he was a great guy to be stuck in a trench with too.  Out under the stars contemplating n' shit.

It was as advertised, I have no complaints, I look back on it all fondly.   Harsh realm  Good times. Best mates.  That's what I joined for.

Legio Patria Nostra

Ironman.jpg.aspx?width=819&height=315&ex

Edited by Dougie93

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

There is an article on National Post that says the author thinks Scheer is a low-key kind of boring guy that is exactly what a lot of voters want.  Showmanship is not what a lot of people are looking for or who can make the most doubtful claims.   Most of what politicians promise is baloney that is unrealistic or never fulfilled.  Personally I agree. 

I would add that if people are looking to politicians to give them everything and solve all the world's problems, they have a false hope.

Anyways, the guy who came to my door from the PPC, he saw all the military stickers on my truck, so he asked me about my service.

I told him I was only loyal to the Commander-in-Chief, who is not Julie Payette, and that I am a dual citizen who sides with America First over the Post National State.

He had no problem with that, said he didn't blame me, certainly didn't call me a "traitor" like Zeitgeist does.

We got along swimmingly and he is the best choice to represent me in the riding, and that is what British Westminster Parliamentary Supremacy is all about.

Not a race, not a place, a system of governance founded by the Dutch Regent William of Orange in 1688.

So long as there is a candidate who represents me this well, I will support him regardless of his odds of winning.

9 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

The Liberals will hang themselves anyway, even if I vote for the PPC, it also it sticks it to the Cuckservatives for choosing Scheer, win-win-win.

Just win, baby.

Classical liberal limited government conservatism.

Constitutional Monarchy, God save the Queen of Canada.

Democracy is simply a peaceful transfer of power, no more, no less.

Upholding the institution is what matters in the end.

I do my duty, Her Majesty defends the right and I defend Her Majesty by carrying the torch, the light of civilization itself, the Enlightenment.

Monarchist Tory for the win.   Victoria Regina Imperatrix. Mother Canada. Pro Patria.

CanNational_Vimy_Mem-12-n698zjsnp1v4gsls

Edited by Dougie93

12 hours ago, blackbird said:

There is an article on National Post that says the author thinks Scheer is a low-key kind of boring guy that is exactly what a lot of voters want.  Showmanship is not what a lot of people are looking for or who can make the most doubtful claims.   Most of what politicians promise is baloney that is unrealistic or never fulfilled.  Personally I agree. 

I would add that if people are looking to politicians to give them everything and solve all the world's problems, they have a false hope.

I agree that the best way to beat Trudeau is just to not give him a chance to get his virtue-signalling machine fired up.

Every facet of Trudeau's track record as PM is horribly sub-par, aside from his baseless accusation game. The crappy thing for Canadians is that Trudeau's baseless accusation game only works in domestic politics. You can't really use it on China and the US. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Anyways, the guy who came to my door from the PPC, he saw all the military stickers on my truck, so he asked me about my service.

I told him I was only loyal to the Commander-in-Chief, who is not Julie Payette, and that I am a dual citizen who sides with America First over the Post National State.

He had no problem with that, said he didn't blame me, certainly didn't call me a "traitor" like Zeitgeist does.

No, of course not. You could be the RCMP spy and he wouldn't care as long as you vote for him. Lol 

1 hour ago, jacee said:

No, of course not. You could be the RCMP spy and he wouldn't care as long as you vote for him. Lol 

Ah, but because he came to my door and we were face to face, I could see and sense his reactions to everything, I take him at his word having met him and talked to him at length.

I had already told him he had my vote, he didn't have to ask me about the military, we were just hanging out talking about things in general.

He doesn't have a hope in hell of winning, so there's no reason for him to lie, he's the only one telling the truth.