Political Discussion Forums
scribblet

Climate Cultists

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I've been learning to play the fiddle. Maybe you can join in for a chorus or two?

I played the guitar, but a finger injury has taken that particular avenue of stress relief and enjoyment away from me.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

All that's left is hoping for miracles. Pray to Jesus. Pray for at least once in your life, you miserable blighter.

I prayed until I was in my teens.  I can remember being quite serious about it too.  I imagine praying for a climate change miracle will have about the same results as praying that Beverly xxxxx would notice me and like me did.

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I prayed until I was in my teens.  I can remember being quite serious about it too.  I imagine praying for a climate change miracle will have about the same results as praying that Beverly xxxxx would notice me and like me did.

Well at least its something to do. We should at least have a contingency plan. I mean, if it were the end of the world and we had like half an hour, what would you suggest we do?

8 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Well at least its something to do. We should at least have a contingency plan. I mean, if it were the end of the world and we had like half an hour, what would you suggest we do?

I'd take a nap.

Is Greta Thunberg being manipulated, and, considering her health issues, is it a form of child abuse?

“a well-intentioned but naive child being manipulated by energy giants and pushy celebrity parents — including a fame-hungry mum...”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9756307/greta-thunberg-climate-change-fears-parents/

and

Former US Senator Mike Huckabee in discussion with Dr. Patrick Moore where they talk about why Dr. Moore, founder of Greenpeace, left the organization and  discuss what is really happening with our climate and how CO2 is affecting the planet.  A 15 minute interview …. well worth the listen. 

Patrick Albert Moore (born June 15, 1947) is a Canadian industry consultant, former activist, and past president of Greenpeace Canada. Since leaving Greenpeace, Moore has criticized the environmental movement for what he sees as scare tactics and disinformation, saying that the environmental movement "abandoned science and logic in favor of emotion and sensationalism .

• Thanks 1

Between 1852 and 1858, violent storms formed what is now the Toronto Islands. If these storms happened today it would have been blamed on climate change.

Have to wonder what they are eating in Sweden - Soylent Green anyone

https://summit.news/2019/09/04/swedish-behavioral-scientist-suggests-eating-humans-to-save-the-planet/

A Swedish behavioral scientist has suggested that it may be necessary to turn to cannibalism and start eating humans in order to save the planet.

Appearing on Swedish television to talk about an event based around the “food of the future,” Magnus Söderlund said he would be holding seminars on the necessity of consuming human flesh in order to stop climate change.

12 hours ago, scribblet said:

Have to wonder what they are eating in Sweden - Soylent Green anyone

https://summit.news/2019/09/04/swedish-behavioral-scientist-suggests-eating-humans-to-save-the-planet/

A Swedish behavioral scientist has suggested that it may be necessary to turn to cannibalism and start eating humans in order to save the planet.

Appearing on Swedish television to talk about an event based around the “food of the future,” Magnus Söderlund said he would be holding seminars on the necessity of consuming human flesh in order to stop climate change.

Well, it would certainly help to reduce the population.  Especially if we loaded up the freezer.

I, of course, would only eat free range humans.

Edited by bcsapper
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 9:38 PM, bcsapper said:

Well, it would certainly help to reduce the population.  Especially if we loaded up the freezer.

I, of course, would only eat free range humans.

Well, Bernie Sanders has a solution saying that he would support taxpayer-funded programs to provide abortions and birth control for women in developing countries as a measure to combat the climate crisis.   Yikes - what`s next eating babies... 

Petteri Taalas, the secretary-general of the WMO, told Talouselämä magazine that he called for a calm and rational approach to the climate debate, and disagreed with those who are promoting end-of-the-world scenarios.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/chief-of-world-meteorological-organization-castigates-climate-alarmists_3073666.html

“Now we should stay calm and ponder what is really the solution to this problem,” Taalas told Talouselämä magazine. “It is not going to be the end of the world. The world is just becoming more challenging. In parts of the globe, living conditions are becoming worse, but people have survived in harsh conditions.”

32 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Petteri Taalas, the secretary-general of the WMO, told Talouselämä magazine that he called for a calm and rational approach to the climate debate, and disagreed with those who are promoting end-of-the-world scenarios.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/chief-of-world-meteorological-organization-castigates-climate-alarmists_3073666.html

“Now we should stay calm and ponder what is really the solution to this problem,” Taalas told Talouselämä magazine. “It is not going to be the end of the world. The world is just becoming more challenging. In parts of the globe, living conditions are becoming worse, but people have survived in harsh conditions.”

Well, when he comes up with the solution to the problem I hope he fills us in.

As for people surviving in harsh conditions, that's only if they want to stay and give it a shot.  I wouldn't.

13 hours ago, scribblet said:

The world is just becoming more challenging. In parts of the globe, living conditions are becoming worse, but people have survived in harsh conditions.”

And the longer climate change deniers fight mitigation because "someone over there is a worse offender" or because "it won't, by itself, solve the problem" or becsuse "3% of scientists disagree" or because "it's just a plot by government to steal our money" or because "it's a hoax by the Chinese", the harsher those conditions will be.  For many people, climate change will mean the "end of the world" as the land they lived in for millennia will become uninhabitable. 

If the cultists achieve their radical goals, people will starve and die as society collapses. 

6 minutes ago, scribblet said:

If the cultists achieve their radical goals**, people will starve and die as society collapses. 

If the "climate cultists" don't achieve their "radical goal", people will starve and die, and society will collapse.  Mitigating the effects offers the hope of reducing the overall death toll and reducing societal "collapse" to societal upheaval.

**radical goals = a few cents more at gas pumps, a little less meat on our plates, investment in green energy, gradual reduction on fossil fuel reliance.