Political Discussion Forums
WestCanMan

Trudeau Admits To Buying The Media With $600,000,000.00 Of Our Tax Dollars

Did this already get covered on CBC and CTV and I missed it? IMO it's a big deal that he came out and admitted what everybody knew all along.

It's sad that a guy can come along and just give his voters a few shiny beads and do some virtue signalling and then he can get away with making a joke of our entire democracy.

• Like 1

Yes corporate welfare is so f***ing funney.....

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Have a sense of humour man.  The Globe And Mail almost brought the government down with their share.

Sense of humour? How come no one in that room laughed? It was more like shock and horror.

If Trump spent $600M US to buy American media the CBC would launch a crusade. They spent more time talking about Trump's "grab 'em by the pussy" comment than Trudeau's admission that he's using taxpayer money to buy off the mainstream media. Seems like we need some Canadian media.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Sense of humour? How come no one in that room laughed?  It was more like shock and horror.

It stands to reason right-wing journalists would also attend a Parlimentary Press Dinner.  No doubt a few of these melted down but the laughter clearly comes thru too.  Maybe they were just laughing at all the right-wing journalists curled up and twitching in the fetal position. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Sense of humour? How come no one in that room laughed? It was more like shock and horror.

If Trump spent $600M US to buy American media the CBC would launch a crusade. They spent more time talking about Trump's "grab 'em by the pussy" comment than Trudeau's admission that he's using taxpayer money to buy off the mainstream media. Seems like we need some Canadian media.

Seemed like a joke to me ... isn't that what press dinners do, politicians and journalists poking fun at themselves and each other?

31 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It stands to reason right-wing journalists would also attend a Parlimentary Press Dinner.  No doubt a few of these melted down but the laughter clearly comes thru too.  Maybe they were just laughing at all the right-wing journalists curled up and twitching in the fetal position. 

We both know that more people in that room were shocked by his hubris/stupidity than amused by his weak attempt at humour.

19 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Seemed like a joke to me ... isn't that what press dinners do, politicians and journalists poking fun at themselves and each other?

Turn the volume up. Listen for laughter. There is none, for good reason.

If you're not offended by that then that's pathetic.

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

We both know that more people in that room were shocked by his hubris/stupidity than amused by his weak attempt at humour.

You have a poll you can cite that substantiates that?  Sounds like a lot more laughter at the end of the video to me but like I said it's probably just laughter at all the right-wingers fainting around them.

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

There's lots of laughter at the end. Try not fainting next time you listen to it.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

There was plenty of laughter, good grief.  I will grant you that Trudeau is a terrible joke teller, though, and I think that delayed the laughter a smidge, but people laughed.  Did you not see the Conservative slogan "Justin Trudeau: Not as Advertised" just as Trudeau said  "You have to grease the wheels to get these kind of stellar headlines".  

Edited by dialamah

10 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If you're not offended by that then that's pathetic.

I think it's pathetic that you are offended. 

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You have a poll you can cite that substantiates that?  Sounds like a lot more laughter at the end of the video to me but like I said it's probably just laughter at all the right-wingers fainting around them.

If anyone fainted it was from shock at his stupidity. In a room with 300 people in it no more than two people laughed. 

Whether or not he is funny, he was clearly making fun of the idea that that is what they are doing. He joked about it because he knows that it's a ridiculous notion. 

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

In a room with 300 people in it no more than two people laughed. 

Well that's two more than no one.  Usually you're 40 pages in before you start back-peddling.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

Well that's two more than no one.  Usually you're 40 pages in before you start back-peddling.

I’ve never “back-pedalled” in a debate with you eyeball. I’ve pointed out your lies and explained some things to you (over and over again) but I have never had reason to backpedal. 

Yes, 2 people in a room of 300 sycophants laughed eyeball. That’s not “a lot more laughter”, as per your earlier comment. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

I’ve never “back-pedalled” in a debate with you eyeball. I’ve pointed out your lies and explained some things to you (over and over again) but I have never had reason to backpedal. 

Yes, 2 people in a room of 300 sycophants laughed eyeball. That’s not “a lot more laughter”, as per your earlier comment. 

Only 2 out of 300? That doesn't sound very sycophantic but maybe you don't know what that word means.

In any case how many people do you figure gasped in horror and shock?

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Only 2 out of 300? That doesn't sound very sycophantic but maybe you don't know what that word means.

In any case how many people do you figure gasped in horror and shock?

Yes they're sycophants, but still only 2 out of 300 managed to laugh at his "joke".

Maybe 30 had a reaction similar to a gasp? I dunno, it was a lot more than 2. Why do I need to tell you everything? Are you deaf? It's not a big deal, lots of people are.

16 hours ago, dialamah said:

True. And Trudeau's joke was funny in every sense of the word because it's true.

16 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Whether or not he is funny, he was clearly making fun of the idea that that is what they are doing. He joked about it because he knows that it's a ridiculous notion. 

No he joked about because he knows he is above the law, and he can do what ever he wants, because he is so arrogant  ....to include lying and deceiving the public about SNC, climate change, carbon taxes, giving big contracts to his best friend, Mr Butts.....the list goes on....

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

No he joked about because he knows he is above the law, and he can do what ever he wants, because he is so arrogant  ....to include lying and deceiving the public about SNC, climate change, carbon taxes, giving big contracts to his best friend, Mr Butts.....the list goes on....

He's not above the law. It's not like he's president of the U.S. or something. If he is doing anything wrong, he will account for it. For now, he seems pretty comfortable laughing at the delusional people who believe the fake facebook news they get and have drunk the koolaid that the MSM is out to get everyone.

9 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

He's not above the law. It's not like he's president of the U.S. or something. If he is doing anything wrong, he will account for it. For now, he seems pretty comfortable laughing at the delusional people who believe the fake facebook news they get and have drunk the koolaid that the MSM is out to get everyone.

Thats explains a lot ….Fake news you say....nice deflection ,  2 trips to the ethics commissaire, SNC affair, conflict of interest, all of that is fake news....even the CBC covered it....yup all fake news.... 

14 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Thats explains a lot ….Fake news you say....nice deflection ,  2 trips to the ethics commissaire, SNC affair, conflict of interest, all of that is fake news....even the CBC covered it....yup all fake news.... 

They're  both Nixonian, the difference is that Justin Nixon has been caught red handed with the smoking gun which brought Dick Nixon down

In the case of Donald Nixon, they can't find the smoking gun, they are searching furiously of course, but unlike with Trudeau they don't got the smoking gun for Trump.

This however comes back to monarchy v. republic.  The Prime Minister is the Queen's Executive

So within the rule of the British Crown here in Canada, his office is much more powerful than the Office of the Presidency is in America.

Trump is only the Commander-in-Chief of the military, but in Canada, the Prime Minister can make himself the Commander-in-Chief of Parliament.

So long as his cronies don't abandon him.   That brought Nixon down because in America the smoking gun is enough. 

In Canada however, Nixon would not have had to resign, he could have invoked the power of the Queen to stave off impeachment.

130108_richard_nixon_ap_328.jpg

Edited by Dougie93
  • Thanks 1