Political Discussion Forums
Argus

HRC orders Canada to pay billions to native children

The Canadian human rights commission has ordered the federal government to pay tens of thousands of dollars to every native child ever placed in the on-reserve child welfare system for any reason. The evident reason is that the government allegedly under-funded native child-welfare resources, although all child welfare systems everywhere are under-funded. It also ordered the government to pay more to every grandparent of every child. Surprisingly, they did not order the government to just empty out all its coffers onto reserves and give them everything they could possibly want. But no doubt that will come. This will cost billions of dollars, and no child needs to actually demonstrate that being taken into child welfare was in any way the result of any government neglect or racism or incompetence, nor that it could have been avoided, nor that they suffered any appreciable harm.

Given the HRC is demanding the government build specialty buildings on every reserve to house programs to help children, for example. Bear in mind native reserves are basically tiny, rural villages, mostly with a population in the hundreds, and no villages anywhere have such facilities.

Predictably, the response by native activists was a litany of complaints about how this doesn't go far enough, and further lawsuits to come. 

Such tribunals tend to be staffed by human rights zealots from the far left. This one certainly is. They have no responsibility towards neutrality, and are limited to awards of $40,000. This tribunal decided it could make that $40,000 to everyone involved, at a cost of billions of dollars. The government needs to appeal this to an actual court, but given who we have as a government and how close an election is, and that the Liberals have never shrunk from spending billions of taxpayer dollars if they thought it might make them look good, that will likely not happen.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/estimated-20000-b-c-first-nations-to-benefit-from-human-rights-tribunal-order

They should appeal it, and as you say, it will never be enough and no one is willing to say, it`s enough.  

The Liberals will not appeal anything, since spending taxpayers' money is simply what they do - ESPECIALLY if it can be construed as virtue signalling.

What really bothers me is nobody holds the communities and families responsible who's actions and/or inaction CAUSED the need for children to be placed in care.  Just blame Whitey and pass along the bill.

Edited by cannuck
  • Like 1

I simply see my taxes as paying a residency fee, I'm free to go elsewhere at my leisure, but capital gains tax in Canada is actually a comparatively good deal.

What the Post National State Hippie Commune blows the money on, I don't care anymore, in fact I favour feeding it rope to blow itself up by overspending itself into a fiscal crisis

With crisis comes opportunity.  Chaos is a ladder.

As to the Indians taking a cut of the policy stimulus free money party, by all means, take your profits, get dat papuh, that's how I roll too.

Having an outfit like the HRC around is very undemocratic. Why they are allowed to run parallel and alongside our federal/provincial court system that already exists and does the same thing as the HRC does is beyond me.

Anyway, what's another few billion taxpayer's tax dollars to be thrown towards a bunch of lazy people that have never really contributed all that much to try and help keep Canada up and running. They did take a lot of tax dollars out of it though. This is just another grab at getting more money for free from sucker whitey. I would hazard a guess that since whitey lost the will to fight them and prefers to just give in to them instead their demands for more tax dollars will never cease. No doubt it must have cost the Canadian taxpayer close to a trillion tax dollars since whitey has been paying them off for several decades now.  

This constant cry me a river nonsense will go on forever until some politician with some politically incorrect guts will speak up and say, enough already, no more tax dollars for them. The Indians should be reminded that they have been paid off many times over and it is about time for them to stop their whining and go get a job like the rest of us had to do or starve. With so many hundreds of billions of our tax dollars being thrown at every ethnic crybaby out there and around the world, where will all of this end?

The ones that are really benefiting from all of these billions in handouts to everyone are the Canadian taxpayer's who have to pay, with interest, are the international banksters, who have no problem creating their fiat money needed to pay off all these Indians and ethnic groups off out there, and the rest of the world. and handing it over to our stupid politicians who enjoy blowing billions of borrowed money that Canadians cannot afford to do anymore and who have to pay those banksters back with plenty of interest. All our politicians really need is a gun to rob us with and that would be a real and true robbery and crime.