Political Discussion Forums
Argus

Ethnic diversity harms a country's social cohesion

13 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Even if they're not friendly, they can exercise their first amendment rights.  Live and let live. 

If they escalate to threatening, that's where the second amendment comes into play.

That's where the police come in.  Live by the sword...

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

That's where the police come in.  Live by the sword...

The police can't protect you, they are just in charge of arresting people after the fact, the police only protect the wealthy and politically connected.

13 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Even if they're not friendly, they can exercise their first amendment rights.  Live and let live. 

If they escalate to threatening, that's where the second amendment comes into play.

Trayvon Martin was shot and killed because some wannabe tough guy who thought he was the local sheriff didn't wait for the cops to arrive and tried to take the law into his own hands.  Live by the sword...

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The police can't protect you, they are just in charge of arresting people after the fact, the police only protect the wealthy and politically connected.

The police have the power to detain and question suspicious persons, like someone trespassing on private property.  Looking at crime stats and gun murder stats, it works in Canada.

If you're still scared, go buy a dog and an alarm system in case Osama bin Laden tries to climb through your kitchen window.  A baseball bat to the head will immobilize anyone instantly.

I'm not rich or connected.  I've called the cops and fire dept., they came to my house very quickly.  Tada.

6 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Trayvon Martin was shot and killed because some wannabe tough guy who thought he was the local sheriff didn't wait for the cops to arrive and tried to take the law into his own hands.  Live by the sword...

You are indeed responsible if you shoot somebody, even in Nevada where you are unlikely to be charged criminally, but people can still sue you.

If criminals come to rape your wife in front of you and torture her to death, I'd say shoot them, then deal with the legal issues after.

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The police have the power to detain and question suspicious persons, like someone trespassing on private property.  Looking at crime stats and gun murder stats, it works in Canada.

If you're still scared, go buy a dog and an alarm system in case Osama bin Laden tries to climb through your kitchen window.  A baseball bat to the head will immobilize anyone instantly.

I'm not rich or connected.  I've called the cops and fire dept., they came to my house very quickly.  Tada.

I'm not putting my dogs in the breach, I'll protect my dogs.

If I use a baseball bat on somebody, that's not going to be treated differently by the courts, so I might as well just draw my gun and dissuade them, rather than actually hitting them.

Escalation of force operation, starts at fair warning to get lost, lethal force only as a last resort if that doesn't work.

The point of the gun is control.  

You don't want to get into a melee with someone if you don't have to., and most people confronted with a point three five seven magnum will just flee, so that ends the engagement at the earliest opportunity without having to use force at all

Bear in mind that hardened criminals in jail do nothing but work out and prepare to kill people with their bare hands.

They're not going to be dissuaded by a baseball bat, they're just gonna take that bat from you and shove it up your ass.

You're gonna beat a convict hand to hand?  Get real.

I am a military trained unarmed combat instructor, but even I would avoid a melee with a convict if I can.

I could survive in jail, but I would still follow the rules, don't f@ck with desperate convicts if you don't have to.

If they come to f@ck with you?  You are back against the wall?  Baseball bat and a dog ain't gonna stop them.

I don't even want my dogs killed, I'd put my dogs in the back room out of the way, then come heavy with the Smith & Wesson.

In the military we call it a No Fail Mission.  You have to end the engagement decisively with maximum control, no melees.

In extremis, I will protect my wife and dogs, no fail mission, if I have to go to jail for that, so be it.

I have the freedom to make my own choices and decide my own fate, I don't rely on the government to run my life for me.

I am not bourgeois.  I am fully prepared to kill and die for my rights endowed by the Creator, make no mistake.

Edited by Dougie93

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

If criminals come to rape your wife in front of you and torture her to death, I'd say shoot them, then deal with the legal issues after

Sure, luckily such an example is so ridiculously rare that i've never known anyone who that has happened to nor do I remember reading about such an example in the news.

If a criminal comes to your private property to do such a thing you're probably into some kind of gang/drug/criminal activity yourself.  And such people usually carry guns anyways and shoot each other in ridiculously high numbers.  Just ask Biggie and 2pac.  Live by the sword...

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm not putting my dogs in the breach, I'll protect my dogs.

If I use a baseball bat on somebody, that's not going to be treated differently by the courts, so I might as well just draw my gun and dissuade them, rather than actually hitting them.

Escalation of force operation, starts at fair warning to get lost, lethal force only as a last resort if that doesn't work.

Well on the other hand, your teenage son can't grab your baseball bat and kill 20 people at his school within minutes.  You're also less likely to grab your bat and kill yourself, your wife and your kids when you're having a really bad week.  Live by the sword...

You can also warn a person by threatening with a bat without hitting to scare away.  I'd bring my biggest kitchen knife along for the ride too.  In Canada, for firearm should be stored safely and locked away anyways unloaded.  My dad was a hunter growing up, he had guns in the house.  He never once took the gun out of it's safe storage to respond to a potential threat.  He stored his guns in the basement far away from his bedroom.  There never was any need to do otherwise.

Our house was once robbed.  The robbers came when we were out of the house.  When we came back home they were gone, the front door wide open and our small friendly dog running around happily on the front lawn.  We installed a better security system, secured our doors and windows sometimes with metal bars, and reported any suspicious vehicles to the police.  That was decades ago, no incidents since.  Statistically you're far more likely to be a victim of gun violence when you own a gun yourself.  Live by the sword...

Just now, Moonlight Graham said:

Live by the sword...

I proudly live by the sword and I am prepared to die by it as well.

I have been living by the sword prepared to die by it, since I was sworn into the Canadian Army at 17 years of age.

4 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I proudly live by the sword and I am prepared to die by it as well.

I have been living by the sword prepared to die by it, since I was sworn into the Canadian Army at 17 years of age.

Being a member of the army or police is different. The state should have a monopoly on violence.  Come join civilized society Rambo, it's a great place.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

19 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Being a member of the army or police is different. The state should have a monopoly on violence.  Come join civilized society Rambo, it's a great place.

I don't believe in that,  that is why I disavow Canada and Canadians and side with America first.