Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Argus

Ethnic diversity harms a country's social cohesion

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Shady said:

It is if he or she is insisting on covering their face for drivers license photos, health card photos, passport photos, and taking oaths.

This is already addressed in our current system. Here's a link explaining that everyone's face must be clearly seen for ID purposes, even Muslim women.  Accommodation comes into play by allowing these photos be taken in private, by another woman. 

Here's another link explaining why being veiled at a public citizenship ceremony isn't a security risk, since the individual's identity is confirmed prior to the ceremony.

The myth that Muslim women have ID photos with faces covered, or are excused from "identifying" themselves as appropriate is spread by Islamophobes.  Don't fall for it.  You don't have to like women in niqabs (I personally don't), but I do like Canada's commitment to freedom of expression, even that expression which I find incomprehensible or ridiculous.

Edited by dialamah
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

If you've ever watched Fox News and CNN cover the same story you can see how easy it is for people with an agenda to dig up "stats", quotes, "supporting evidence", etc to come to whatever conclusion you want. 

Except what you quoted is only a small variance on basic, completely uncontroversial psychological fact. You will not find a social psychologist to contradict it that most people prefer to live among those who are much like them and share their values and beliefs. It's not like these guys just came up with some numbers through creative questioning and then went with it.

Quote

I think this topic is as much of a non-starter as when Trudeau said "diversity is our greatest strength". Can't get into it.

Then why are you here?

Edited by Argus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Goddess said:

No.  A woman can dress modestly without having her hair, face, hands and body swathed in fabric that impedes her ability to walk, to move, to hear, to interact with others, to enjoy life.

A hijab is a sexual fetish that caters to men's fragile egos.  There is no reason why a woman should have to go around looking like a walking apology for being female, nor hide that she is female.

Confusing the hijab for a burqa clearly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Confusing the hijab for a burqa clearly.

Nope. The burqa is just an even  more extreme version of an already extreme garment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

If you got to know enough of them closely you'd know you're making broad generalizations that aren't accurate.

You can't actually say that. You can only say they aren't accurate in every case. But no one who speaks in a general term about large groups of people thinks it means every single person.

19 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I have close friends who are Muslims, close friends who are Sikh's.  I have a Muslim female friend who doesn't wear a hijab, i have another who does, they both celebrate Eid.  There's also nutters out there that i wouldn't bother associating closely with. 

And the complaint from people like me is that the government makes no effort at determining just which kind of person is applying to immigrate  to Canada because they never talk to them or ask them anything about their beliefs and values.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have ever spent much time in MENA, India, Japan or dozens of other regions/countries, you would know they are extremely racist, intolerant and discriminatory.  What makes me gasp in horror is that we are not only accepting (even seeking) immigration from such cultures, we are expected to tolerate and celebrate THEIR intolerant culture once they arrive here!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cannuck said:

If you have ever spent much time in MENA, India, Japan or dozens of other regions/countries, you would know they are extremely racist, intolerant and discriminatory.  What makes me gasp in horror is that we are not only accepting (even seeking) immigration from such cultures, we are expected to tolerate and celebrate THEIR intolerant culture once they arrive here!

So Canada can't take immigrants from dozens of regions and countries?  Are you advocating for no immigration at all, or some sort of moral purity test at the border?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Confusing the hijab for a burqa clearly.

You know what's interesting is that the Muslims actually took the tradition from the Romans.

It was  Byzantine women who wore face veils, the Arabs copied them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Goddess said:

Nope. The burqa is just an even  more extreme version of an already extreme garment.

Not at all, they are two different garments, you called described a hijab as if it was a burqa, when it clearly isn't. That's like saying shorts while describing pants, and then claiming they are the same when called on it.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

You know what's interesting is that the Muslims actually took the tradition from the Romans.

It was  Byzantine women who wore face veils, the Arabs copied them.

Interesting indeed, didn't know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dialamah said:

This is already addressed in our current system. Here's a link explaining that everyone's face must be clearly seen for ID purposes, even Muslim women.  Accommodation comes into play by allowing these photos be taken in private, by another woman.

..and then the picture is on their drivers license to be viewed by all male policemen.   Smart policies as always, but if it works for the Muslims, why not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cannuck said:

If you have ever spent much time in MENA, India, Japan or dozens of other regions/countries, you would know they are extremely racist, intolerant and discriminatory.  What makes me gasp in horror is that we are not only accepting (even seeking) immigration from such cultures, we are expected to tolerate and celebrate THEIR intolerant culture once they arrive here!

I personally would not accommodate their head dressing desires AT ALL!  If they want to wear those bird's nests on their heads to show how different and exotic they are , and this is more important to them than anything else then why not stay back east?  Allowing them to do what they want only creates the potential for them forming communities and for other Canadians to never accept them into their own circle. 

But then, if they wear those for religious purposes, Canada can offer nothing equal, as the only religion seems to be the Dollar religion.

So we went full circle in realizing that our country does not want to create a nation or nationalistic feelings.  The only important thing is business, making money and paying taxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, cougar said:

Canada can offer nothing equal, as the only religion seems to be the Dollar religion.

Canada doesn't even have that. 

Canada is a political void.

The Fake Country with a fake opposition and a fake economy.

The  American Whale Shark worships King Dollar, Canada lives like Remora feeding on the scraps that fall out its gaping maw.

Edited by Dougie93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

So Canada can't take immigrants from dozens of regions and countries?  Are you advocating for no immigration at all, or some sort of moral purity test at the border?

SOME kind of actual interview and investigation, not allowing hired "immigration consultants" to coach them on what to say, fill forms out for them and make every aspiring terrorist into a model Canadian citizen (actually that DOES fit the exact profile that the Liberals seem to want).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Not at all, they are two different garments, you called described a hijab as if it was a burqa, when it clearly isn't. That's like saying shorts while describing pants, and then claiming they are the same when called on it.

Pants and shorts both have the same purpose.  Same with hijabs and burqas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cannuck said:

SOME kind of actual interview and investigation, not allowing hired "immigration consultants" to coach them on what to say, fill forms out for them and make every aspiring terrorist into a model Canadian citizen (actually that DOES fit the exact profile that the Liberals seem to want).

Sounds like another Canadian nanny state boondoggle. 

You really want to spend money to do deep dive investigations on whether people are intolerant or not?  Save you taxes, don't bother.

Government is inherently incompetent, more government is never the solution.

You have to have some sort of nationalist ethos that people actually believe in rather than a nanny state telling them what to think.

That's the weakness of Canada, investigating people for not embracing Canada's priggish thought policing seems a fool's errand if there ever was one.

Canada has just as many if not more terrorists who were born here and then turned on their own kind.

If you're going to do investigations, start investigating Canadian universities, that is where the crazy is coming from.

You already have Joint Task Force 2 to deal with terrorists, but I don't see immigrants as the threat to Canadians freedoms.

The threat is from within, far left extremists in academia insinuating themselves into governance, otherwise known as a communist takeover.

Edited by Dougie93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Quote

So Canada can't take immigrants from dozens of regions and countries?  Are you advocating for no immigration at all, or some sort of moral purity test at the border?

 

Perhaps the question should be, Can Canada exercise it's given right to it's sovereignty by allowing whom ever they want into the country ?

We already have standards in place that each immigrant has to live up to, Not sure why most people are opposed to adding more standards like moral and values testing. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Not sure why most people are opposed to adding more standards like moral and values testing. 

Because Canada is already totalitarian as it is, I don't think I would pass the values test in Canada now, they'd call me an "American Terrorist" or something like that.

Because if they ask me, I'm gonna say what I believe, which is that Canada is not a free country, and I defend & uphold the first and second amendments.

Edited by Dougie93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Nun's wear an equivalent to a hijab.  Ban nuns?

funny-nun-angry-expression-on-260nw-4532

Nuns join the Catholic Church. Islam demands ALL women cover themselves. Infidels as well if Islam is calling the shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moonlight Graham said:

Nun's wear an equivalent to a hijab.  Ban nuns?

funny-nun-angry-expression-on-260nw-4532

You know what's interesting is that the Nun's Habit comes from Asia.

It was a Buddhist thing, which came to Christianity by way of the Monks of the Eastern Orthodox Church.

It's a Monk's robe for a woman.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

You know what's interesting is that the Nun's Habit comes from Asia.

It was a Buddhist thing, which came to Christianity by way of the Monks of the Eastern Orthodox Church.

It's a Monk's robe for a woman.

 

Around here, the Catholic nuns don't bother with a habit. Maybe if the Pope or some muckity-muck Cardinal was coming...out it would come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DogOnPorch said:

 Maybe if the Pope or some muckity-muck Cardinal was coming...out it would come.

Whore of Babylon selling Tickets to Heaven.  <spits tobacco juice>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Whore of Babylon selling Tickets to Heaven.  <spits tobacco juice>

 

Indulgences...the joys of Catholicism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

Around here, the Catholic nuns don't bother with a habit. Maybe if the Pope or some muckity-muck Cardinal was coming...out it would come.

We've gone over this time and time again.

The habit is a uniform.  It's their job.  Same as other jobs that have uniforms.

Nuns are not required to wear habits at all times. Nor are they beaten or thrown in prison or threatened with eternal hellfire if they are caught without it on.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...