Political Discussion Forums
QuebecOverCanada

Record high 500k people added in Canada in 2018 alone, almost all immigrants

The Canadian population had their highest hike in number of citizens living in the country in a single year; a staggering 500 000 people, who immigrated to Canada last year alone. 

The spike in the population growth is only due to one factor and only; immigration. 82% of the growth, was immigrant-based.

That's one new Canadian from another country for every minute, for a year.

It's also the highest spike in all of G7. We grew 1,5% last year, but the UK and the US grew only by 0,6%. Italy and Japan had fewer citizens in 2018 compared to 2017, as their demography is on a small decline as they are not allowing immigration that easily.

Non permanent residents, not including in the stats, grew by 171k people over last year.

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1323739/statistique-canada-habitants-residents-personnes-immigration

For some odd reason, I can't find an English article about the subject.

But this is very troubling news.

23 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

The Canadian population had their highest hike in number of citizens living in the country in a single year; a staggering 500 000 people, who immigrated to Canada last year alone. 

The spike in the population growth is only due to one factor and only; immigration. 82% of the growth, was immigrant-based.

But this is very troubling news.

Oh my...this is troubling. My grand kids go to public school. My daughter tells me over half immigrants, mainly Muslim. They now display signage in Arabic. 

16 minutes ago, Teena said:

Oh my...this is troubling. My grand kids go to public school. My daughter tells me over half immigrants, mainly Muslim. They now display signage in Arabic. 

The worry is about our finances, not the fact that your grand kids meet with immigrants, who are mostly decent, normal people just trying to get ahead in life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

The worry is about our finances, not the fact that your grand kids meet with immigrants, who are mostly decent, normal people just trying to get ahead in life.

Unless you're a white girl, of course. Then you're prey because you're an infidel whore.

Most immigrants aren't Muslims.  Most come from India, China or the Philippines.

I have a problem with our program to bring in caregivers from the Philippines, which make up a large % of Filipino migrants, since these women send a lot of their money they earn in Canada back to the Philippines to their families.  This is capital flight, and not good for our economy.  Meanwhile, these caregivers often only benefit the wealthy who can afford them, while driving down wages for Canadian caregivers.

11 hours ago, Teena said:

Frankly the greater peril is the teachers themselves. School has simply become left wing indoctrination camp.

Virtue signalling doesn't make you prosperous, these kids get indoctrinated all the way up to university for a liberal arts degree in underwater basket weaving, then end up serving coffee.

The most important education is understanding money, which is not taught in schools in Canada.

I'm watching the CBC right now where they are trucking Canadians out to talk "face to face" with Trudeau, and one person after the next is a typically naive Canadian crying to him about how;

They can't find a job.

They can't make enough money.

They can't afford a home.

When you're in school you don't care about money, but when you get out into the cold cruel world, you find out that money is actually kind of useful after all.

They all keep asking Trudeau about what he's gonna do about it, because these naive Canadians think that the government runs the economy.

What Trudeau is actually telling them is there is not much he can do for them. without coming straight out and saying it of course.

These are the naive people that the public school system churns out, they just don't get it, they don't get taught about money.

They think the government is going to pay their way somehow, when actually the governing elites are inciting the very cost of living crisis which is making them poor.

Canada is infantilizing, these are grown ups who are expecting the government to run their lives for them as if the government is their mommy.

These adult babies are struggling, in what is the longest bull market in history.  The markets are actually overheated, there's free money everywhere.

They don't know how to access that money, because they expect government mommy to give it to them, like an allowance I guess.

People who understand money are making money hand over fist, but the average Canadian is clueless as to how that is done.

That all starts with the left wing indoctrination camp which is school in Canada.

Edited by Dougie93

15 hours ago, Argus said:

Unless you're a white girl, of course. Then you're prey because you're an infidel whore.

Is that supposed to be sarcasm or do you really believe it?

15 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

7 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Most immigrants aren't Muslims.  Most come from India, China or the Philippines.

Not in my town. Many are Muslims. Burka's is our grocery stores, Hijab's everywhere I look. It's wonderful! So I guess it depends on what part of Canada you live in. 

16 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

So true! Yes the worry is about finances. But also the signage concerns me. My problem is not with immigrants. We have always had immigrants - normal people, just trying to get ahead in life. But did we change the rules for them before? No. Many of the new immigrants, in my opinion are not assimilating. 

6 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Is that supposed to be sarcasm or do you really believe it?

Both. The idea that masses of people, a MILLION of them every three years,  will come here from countries which are, by our standards, violently misogynistic in their cultural and religious values, and drop those values at the border is naive stupidity. When you're raised in Canada, you take the values you grew up with to wherever you go, and are unlikely to change much. You will also try to instill those values in your kids.

Why do people assume people from elsewhere are any different? Do you know any teenage girls or younger women? Ask them how they get treated by Muslims. The ones I know are quite wary around Muslim boys and men due to their experiences, especially the blondes. I used to live near a high school which became notorious for 'white flight' after so many Muslim refugees moved into the district. It became a school where police were called daily, to the point they simply put a cop in there full-time. Constant fighting among Muslim refugee groups that hated each other - especially the Lebanese and Somalians. I know one guy put his blonde daughter in there one year and she lasted less than a day before he had to leave work, drive there and pull her out due to constant harassment, sexual harassment, both verbal and physical, and move her to a Catholic school.

Their ways are not our ways and ours are not theirs.

Edited by Argus

6 hours ago, Teena said:

So true! Yes the worry is about finances. But also the signage concerns me. My problem is not with immigrants. We have always had immigrants - normal people, just trying to get ahead in life. But did we change the rules for them before? No. Many of the new immigrants, in my opinion are not assimilating. 

The last time we had this many immigrants they were primarily from the UK, which meant they had the same language, religion and culture. The rest were Christians from Europe, which made it relatively easy to assimilate. Plus we insisted they do so and made no allowances if they didn't. And they had little to no communication with home except maybe a letter that was expensive and took a while to travel.

Now most of our immigrants don't even use the same alphabet as we do, much less have the same language, culture, values or religion. They're in 24/7 communication with home via phone, internet, TV etc, and can easily get a cheap flight back to see relatives and friends. Also, they're told there's no need to assimilate because we're multicultural.

And yet people pushing immigration point to the past and say this 'proves' that all immigrants quickly assimilate, or at least their kids will. I mean, the Irish and Ukrainians did!

Edited by Argus

This is madness. Slow it down to a third and no that is not for economical reasons as I believe there is more benefits than harm but for having this Western democratic country being swamped by so many different cultures some are which are against anything Western or democratic as our immigration system does not screen enough or screen at all. Politicians should think more about their country's interest than their own.

19 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This is madness. Slow it down to a third and no that is not for economical reasons as I believe there is more benefits than harm but for having this Western democratic country being swamped by so many different cultures some are which are against anything Western or democratic as our immigration system does not screen enough or screen at all. Politicians should think more about their country's interest than their own.

Some how we have managed to convince most of the Canadian population that Immigration is the only way for our nation to continue to grow, in both size and economically. No other means will give us the same results...we use incentives all the time to promote growth , industry, sales, manufacturing, and yes even having babies....

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

Some how we have managed to convince most of the Canadian population that Immigration is the only way for our nation to continue to grow, in both size and economically. No other means will give us the same results...we use incentives all the time to promote growth , industry, sales, manufacturing, and yes even having babies....

Depends on who you are taking, third world refugees is not merit based immigration.

Canada has a shortage of information workers, not labourers.

Migration in of itself is not the issue so much as what is the quality of the candidates.

The issue in Canada is rule of law.   There is none.  Not really.  They just make shit up as they go. Elite consensus.  Nobody is accountable and they cannot be voted out.