Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Moonlight Graham

Canada election night 2019

Recommended Posts

Is it true that Trudeau's party lost the popular vote but  remained the largest in terms of seats? He was therefore saved only because he broke jos election-promise to bring on PR.

Edited by -TSS-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Is it true that Trudeau's party lost the popular vote but  remained the largest in terms of seats? He was therefore saved only because he broke jos election-promise to bring on PR.

It is true. The Conservatives won the popular vote, not that this means anything or should mean anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Yeah, because Joe Clark isn't a cuckservative hack or anything, that's obviously a totally accurate representation of Harper's beliefs.

He's just mad Harper wasn't as big of a cuck as he wanted him to be, even though he was still a really big cuck.

Yep, the Liberals and the mainstream media loved Joe Clark, because he was a happy loser and didn't make waves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

It is true. The Conservatives won the popular vote, not that this means anything or should mean anything.

I think it's important because I'd expect them to build on that next election.  I see a majority government next election, in a year or so.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the smallest geographic size of a riding in the Canadian election? I guess a couple of blocks in Toronto. Meanwhile in the north a riding consists of an area the size of France or even bigger.

Canada seems to be very divided. The West looks like a one-party state as the conservatives polled 60-70% when as in the East they are not strong at all. Then, of course, there is Quebec.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Shady said:

I think it's important because I'd expect them to build on that next election.  I see a majority government next election, in a year or so.

A Liberal majority perhaps, the Conservatives are going nowhere with Scheer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

A Liberal majority perhaps, the Conservatives are going nowhere with Scheer.

They could even get a majority with him.  If Ford can get one in Ontario, Scheer could get one nationally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Canada seems to be very divided. The West looks like a one-party state as the conservatives polled 60-70% when as in the East they are not strong at all. Then, of course, there is Quebec.

When has Canada not been divided politically?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Shady said:

They could even get a majority with him.  If Ford can get one in Ontario, Scheer could get one nationally.

Not how it works. Scheer is a much worse politician than Doug Ford, Trudeau will smash him with ease, every time. Without a new leader, the Conservatives will be on the outside looking in. Running against Scheer will be the gift that keeps on giving.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Not how it works. Scheer is a much worse politician than Doug Ford, Trudeau will smash him with ease, every time. Without a new leader, the Conservatives will be on the outside looking in. Running against Scheer will be the gift that keeps on giving.

He didn’t smash him this election.  I guess we can agree to disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shady said:

He didn’t smash him this election.  I guess we can agree to disagree.

Yes he did. Scheer came nowhere close to winning, and that was with Trudeau under fire for a good chunk of the campaign. If he can't win in that scenario, he can't win. If he brings down the Trudeau minority government early, he'll get blamed for it too.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Yes he did. Scheer came nowhere close to winning, and that was with Trudeau under fire for a good chunk of the campaign. If he can't win in that scenario, he can't win. If he brings down the Trudeau minority government early, he'll get blamed for it too.

Not really.  It’s difficult to beat Incumbents, especially first time incumbents.  The Conservatives added 26 more seats from last election.  They’re primed to take a majority in a year.  It reminds me of what Harper did running against Martin.

Edited by Shady
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shady said:

Not really.  It’s difficult to beat Incumbents, especially first time incumbents.  The Conservatives added 26 more seats from last election.  They’re primed to take a majority in a year.  It reminds me of what Harper did running against Martin.

Harper was a much more skilled politician than Scheer, and Trudeau is a much more skilled politician than Martin, when it comes to getting elected. Apples and Oranges. 

Scheer is a lightweight who can't win. The Conservatives would be wise to throw him under the bus, but are too dumb to do so. You want to maximize Trudeau's chances of getting re-elected next time? Running Scheer again is the best way to do that.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Harper was a much more skilled politician than Scheer, and Trudeau is more skilled politician than Martin. Apples and Oranges. 

Scheer is a lightweight who can't win. The Conservatives would be wise to throw him under the bus, but are too dumb to do so.

The self defeat of the Cucks is their assumption that they have to cave in to the left, doesn't really matter who their leader is so long as they are the Cuck party.

Harper talked a big game, then he cucked, Scheer was just following the Harpercuck model.

The thing that defeated the Cuckservatives was the patheticness of the NDP and Greens, the left did not split, they rallied around the Liberals in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The self defeat of the Cucks is their assumption that they have to cave in to the left, doesn't really matter who their leader is so long as they are the Cuck party.

Harper talked a big game, then he cucked, Scheer was just following the Harpercuck model.

The thing that defeated the Cuckservatives was the patheticness of the NDP and Greens, the left did not split, they rallied around the Liberals in the end.

Scheer is going to run the same gameplan, and the same thing will happen, NDP and Greens will remain pathetic, and cucking out will gain him no ground. He'll probably lose ground if he brings down the Liberals early too, he'll do even worse next time. Scheer is Poor Man's Harper, and Trudeau ain't Martin.

The Conservatives should throw him under the bus ASAP, but are too dumb and want to lose again next time apparently.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:


The Conservatives should throw him under the bus ASAP, but are too dumb and want to lose again next time apparently.

Who do they replace him with tho?   They're all a bunch of useless cucks, whoever they run will be a weeny on his knees eating a bag of Liberal dicks

Canada is Cuck Nation, even when the Cuckservatives win, they don't do anything, they just mark time until the Liberals take over again.

The Elite Consensus rules, it's a fake opposition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Who do they replace him with tho?   They're all a bunch of useless cucks, whoever they run will be a weeny on his knees eating a bag of Liberal dicks

Canada is Cuck Nation, even when the Cuckservatives win, they don't do anything, they just mark time until the Liberals take over again.

The Elite Consensus rules, it's a fake opposition.

I know, but they could elect a cuck with a tiny bit more charisma than Andrew Scheer at the very least. They'll still probably lose, but Scheer is dead in the water, time to move on, rehashing him over and over again is not a winning hand when the Liberals have Trudeau. Scheer is more boring than watching paint dry.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I know, but they could elect a cuck with a tiny bit more charisma than Andrew Scheer at the very least. They'll still probably lose, but Scheer is dead in the water, time to move on, rehashing him over and over again is not a winning hand when the Liberals have Trudeau.

Even when they win they lose, Harper had his shot, I thought he might take it, instead he cucked hard, that was when I gave up on the right in Canada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Even when they win they lose, Harper had his shot, I thought he might take it, instead he cucked hard, that was when I gave up on the right in Canada.

Losing when they win is better than losing when they lose, to the Cuckservatives anyway. I'm putting myself in their shoes to determine what the best strategy is from their perspective, and Scheer ain't it.

Now I'm all for Scheer sticking around and propping up Trudeau, accelerationism for the win. But the cuckservatives don't want accelerationism, they want Confederation to thrive, under their cuckery, so they can turn the ball over down to the Liberals after a short time. They shouldn't want that, but they do.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Harper was a much more skilled politician than Scheer, and Trudeau is a much more skilled politician than Martin, when it comes to getting elected. Apples and Oranges. 

Scheer is a lightweight who can't win. The Conservatives would be wise to throw him under the bus, but are too dumb to do so. You want to maximize Trudeau's chances of getting re-elected next time? Running Scheer again is the best way to do that.

You're wrong.  But we can agree to disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

But the cuckservative don't want accelerationism, they want Confederation to thrive, not die like we do.

I don't think they care at all,  the political class in this country is petty bourgeois, all they care about is the perks of being in office in Ottawa. The cronies, the limos, the pension, etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't think they care at all,  the political class in this country is petty bourgeois, all they care about is the perks of being in office in Ottawa. The cronies, the limos, the pension, etc

Can't get the perks of being in office in Ottawa, if Confederation collapses aided by accelerationism, hence why they are against it, and thus why they shouldn't run Scheer again from their perspective, because rehashing Scheer is accelerationist.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Can't get the perks of being in office in Ottawa, if Confederation collapses aided by accelerationism, hence why they are against it.

I don't think they conceive of things on that level,  I would say they just assume Canada can never die no matter how badly it is run, as most Canadians do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't think they conceive of things on that level,  I would say they just assume Canada can never die no matter how badly it is run, as most Canadians do.

Oh indeed, they don't realize rehashing Scheer is accelerationism, hence why they are dumb enough to do it again. They also think Trudeau is in a weaker position than he really is, which is why they don't think they need to step their game up, just like Democrats with Trump.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...